New Site Update Bugs & Feedback

BlindMango

Trophy log filter bug.

The page counter does not reset when you change filter parameters.

Check these three links.

1) I filter my Vita Plats

https://psnprofiles.com/SatoshiOokami/log?platform=vita&type=platinum&page=2

Including multiplatforms, it goes to 60, therefore occupies 2 pages, I check the second page.

If I apply different filter (PS3/PS4 Plats) immediately...

https://psnprofiles.com/SatoshiOokami/log?platform=ps3&type=platinum&page=2

https://psnprofiles.com/SatoshiOokami/log?platform=ps4&type=platinum&page=2

It filters correct number, however, since the page 2 stays, it does not show anything because I don't have any plats on the second page of the filter.

Since I was doing some keyboard accessibility for work, I decided to quickly try to run through the forums on a keyboard.

1. No indication of what is in focus most of the time. You seem to have disabled at least the blue box that surrounds focused items that Chrome uses by default

2. No way to tab into user dropdown after opening

3. It takes 2 tabs to get past the search input box 

Tab 1:

734148a352.png

Tab 2:

71350264eb.png

There's some miscalculation with the PSN-level progress:

Once you hit a new level and have less than 1% of the points you need to do progress to the next level it shows 0% instead of 1%. I know it's the more accurate one but before the site update it was the way the PSN shows it, which would be 1% (and competitors also show it that way):

AQvwTSL.png

(and actually for me it would be 0.5% at the moment and that would be rounded up :ninja: )

Edited by Crimson Idol

Hi, I am trying to update my profile custom image under settings.

I click Custom Image
Browse to my 1920 image then upload and crop

Select the size then click "Crop"

I am alerted that my banner has been changed

I click Save.

Then I am alerted Your settings have been saved

But it is still a old image and not the new one i just uploaded and cropped.:(

27 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Hi, I am trying to update my profile custom image under settings.

Chrome and some other browsers save image cache to an annoying degree, basically you'll just want to go to your profile and press Ctrl + Shift + R, which will do a hard reload of the page and you should see your new image :) 

2 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Chrome and some other browsers save image cache to an annoying degree, basically you'll just want to go to your profile and press Ctrl + Shift + R, which will do a hard reload of the page and you should see your new image :) 

Thxs I will try that Mr. @BlindMango

edit: It worked like a charm! 

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

This is probably not going to be easy to fix, but because of your min-width: 1070px on your width class, the main page doesn't go smaller than 1070px, forcing very small page font on initial mobile load. You'll probably want the update user box to collapse under the trophy card box, and have the statistics collapse or shrink upon smaller width.

Edit: Lol, spoke a bit too soon. Body specifically has a min-width: 1070px as well under a :not(.responsive). Is a responsive front page in the works?

(Picture from Android Chrome, but you can easily recreate the issue by just shrinking the browser width on Chrome)

Spoiler

530d542deb.png

Edited by bladesoframen

On a width less than 75em, the dlc column drops below guide on the main page.

Spoiler

df8bb09245.jpg

On the other hand, if your window is beyond 75em DLC is on the top row, making any view less then 75 feel slightly different than the wider view.

This is caused by the nesting of rows like so:

<div class="row">
            <div class="col-xs-7 col-lg-8">   
                <div class="row">
                    <div class="col-xs-12 col-lg-6"></div>

<div class="col-xs-12 col-lg-6">

I'm not fully sure why you nested them, but just pointing out the effect.

Also, I have no idea how far you are in your responsive design, but you might want to consider using col-sm, since at below the default 768px, all col-xs classes apply, creating some very squished rows.

41 minutes ago, bladesoframen said:

On a width less than 75em, the dlc column drops below guide on the main page.

Reveal hidden contents

On the other hand, if your window is beyond 75em DLC is on the top row, making any view less then 75 feel slightly different than the wider view.

This is caused by the nesting of rows like so:

<div class="row">
            <div class="col-xs-7 col-lg-8">   
                <div class="row">
                    <div class="col-xs-12 col-lg-6"></div>

<div class="col-xs-12 col-lg-6">

I'm not fully sure why you nested them, but just pointing out the effect.

Also, I have no idea how far you are in your responsive design, but you might want to consider using col-sm, since at below the default 768px, all col-xs classes apply, creating some very squished rows.

It's nested because on a smaller screen the two left columns become one while the right column is always one. The page doesn't go below ~1070px

Just now, Sly Ripper said:

It's nested because on a smaller screen the two left columns become one while the right column is always one. The page doesn't go below ~1070px

On a smaller screen, DLC would drop down to the bottom col-xs-12, and this is at 1150px. If you don't want the reordering of the boxes, you probably want to move the 2nd <div class="title flex v-align"></div> <div class="box no-top-border" style="margin-bottom: 10px"></div> to a new row to prevent things from dropping below like current.  Also, if you want to have a 3-3 to 2-2-2 setup, you sadly don't want to use bootstrap's grid and do something custom instead since you can't make 2 rows become 3 easily in bootstrap (or most other off the shelf grids)

Apparently a change was made sometime during the last week, where there was implemented a hard cap of 75 emoticons per post (this wasn't a thing before the 12th of this month). It just so happens that I was using trophy images as a rating system in my trophy checklist. Now instead of these :bronze:, it just says "bronze" and it's equivalent.for the other images...

Would be great, if this could be reverted to how it was. There's no point to having a cap on them in the first place, same goes for the "likes" btw since the leaderboard nonsense for those got thrown out the window.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 3

On 12/13/2016 at 4:09 PM, BlindMango said:

Hey everybody, the other thread was getting a bit unorganized and a lot of people kept posting the same thing so I decided to make a list. Now sly can just run through and cross them off as he goes and you can see what's being fixed! Hopefully I didn't miss anything!

Note for trophy checklists: We use a new linking URL arrangement for images on the site, unfortunately you'll have to relink trophy images for your trophy checklist, sorry about that :(

Status Updates Page: This is the link to the status updates page like it was on the old site until it's linked from the sidebar better, you can also access this at the top of the forums by pressing the Activity tab, then select "My Activity Streams", then "Status Updates"

The Forums:

• There is no recent topics area in the sidebar or front page
  • Accessing a PSN profile directly from a forum profile
  • Make avatars square again!
  • Double spacing when pressing Enter
  • Bring back BBCode! We can't, it only existed because filtering HTML was unsafe, it isn't anymore :(
  • Bring back larger avatars, and also support vertical rectangular avatars like the old forums.
  • The status sidebar should ignore when someone posts a status to someone else directly like the old site (A person posting on another persons wall)
  • There should be a link in the sidebar of the forums to view all status updates like the oldd forums
  • You should be able to view the entirety of the status update in the sidebar, either by clicking expand or showing the entire thing
  • Reply to a status update within the sidebar like the old site.
  • More than one status shouldn't show in the sidebar from the same person.
  • Visiting a profile should show their About Me first
  • While creating/editing a post we don't have the ability to convert it to text to see how it is composed (text, tags, links and whatnot)
  • While creating/editing a post it isn't possible anymore to select everything with CTRL+A to save it to a txt (not that it would help, because of point 1). This is a big problem because it made easier to work with big posts like Project Platinums and Check Lists.
  • Choosing a custom color for text using RGB code.
  • Signatures aren't visible while viewing the forums as a guest.
  • Forum profiles should only be visible if you have an account on the website (like the old site)
  • An original forum post is marked as "1 reply" rather than 0 replies on the main forums and the sidebar of a game page on the main site.
  • You used to be able to change your vote in polls after voting on the old site.
  • Display name history bug.
  • If a game title has an accent mark, it cuts the name of the game off in the forums, here are some examples.
  • Is it possible to have game forums under each console again? It is much easier to search through games for a specific console rather than clicking on a letter and having to scroll through PS4, PS3 and Vita games. Can't be done
  • Having the forum editor remember what you previously typed (saving draft posts?) seems to be creating more issues than it actually helps, maybe disable saving of draft posts? It's a gigantic pain for mobile users who can't delete quote blocks easily, etc...
  • This isn't a massive issue at the moment but some people are saying forum leaderboards may be viewed as a competition and may degrade the quality of people's posts as they hunt for likes and maybe forum leaderboards should be turned off, at the very least likes from things like forum games shouldn't be counted in forum leaderboards.
  • PM Messages can no longer be sorted by custom categories anymore, more info here.
  • Forum profile stats break when viewing the page on a certain resolution, more info here.
  • The link to someones PSNProfile doesn't show up when looking at someones reputation or content page, more info here.
  • Bring back the ability for premium members to lock their own threads
  • Ignored forum users used to not be able to comment on your status updates at all, now they can.
  • Bring back the link at the top of threads that would bring you to the first unread post. It would add "?do=getNewComment" to the current page.
  • Bring back notifications saying which status update someone is replying to, also possibly bring back the ability to clear them. 

• See in Recent Topics on the top right of PSNP/forums showing where the topics were created.

• Recommendations for using the tab button in the forums

The Main Site:

• People don't like the way the new milestones are arranged, they miss the old way.
  • Search needs a good bit of work, it's not instant anymore and results aren't always as great as the old site.
  • Too many characters are required to show results for people on the Leaderboards in the search box, users can have three letter names, at least 6 letters are required right now.
  • Profile sorting preferences (Sorting your profile by alphabetical, completion, etc) aren't remembered anymore. On the old site this setting was remembered among all profiles you visited on the site.
  • Profile "sub pages" (statistics, trophy log, etc) show "Level ## in 0 points" when you mouseover your level and just "since last week" for world and country rank too, they display fine on the main profile page though. The gold Premium Member "P" also doesn't say the second bit of text (Example: Lifetime Premium) on mouseover on sub-pages.
  • That bug where the site strips black color from images is still around for avatar images and trophy images on both the old and new trophy cards. Like Han's trophy card here.
  • Number of ranks in the Statistics page is inaccurate, for example it shows 27 A ranks on my (BlindMango's) profile when I actually have 33.
  • When on the comment section of a guide, if you make a post, it'll automatically have #1 at the right hand corner instead of the correct number. After refreshing, the correct number will appear, so it is just a minor concern immediately after posting.
  • Games with the default language of Japanese but have English versions of the list use the Japanese version of the lists trophy titles and descriptions for the guide. Examples are the Oreshika and Catherine guides. They used to display as English on the old site. 
  • Leaderboard search requires too many characters to search (there are users with 3 letters to their name)
  • The header area at the top of leaderboard pages and its "sub pages" are displaying the default blurred blue image instead of the top users blurred banner image like other pages
  • If you leave a gaming session, it still shows up on your sessions list.
  • The percentages and rarity become misaligned when you win a trophy.
  • People with long names have their names clip behind the trophy level bar on Trophy Card 2. Random examples of this is username "LETHAL_WEAPON_55" and "HELLS_PIT_WRAITH"
  • <p> </p> is put around multiple paragraphs in a trophy when people write guides now, making it hard for normal users to understand what's happening when they highlight one line, set Heading 2 to it and 3 paragraphs are set to Heading 2 instead of that one line. Is there a way to just not allow <p> </p> to show up in the code in guides? That wasn't there with the old editor and doesn't seem too necessary (it only seems to mess with any formatting changes, it's kind of annoying lol). This only seems to be showing up with new guides made with the new guide editor.
    • January 19th: I can confirm it's still a thing Sly, even with new guides
  • Names and descriptions in trophy guides used to be of someone's default language setting, now it's always in English
  • If Trophy Card 1 only has only one row, it will always display 3 trophies, whichever setting is configured, like this.
  • Trophy Card 2 isn't animated on Firefox (I remember it having to be static on one browser because the animation wasn't supported?)
  • When you update a guide, the text in the header that says "Updated Day Month Year" doesn't ever update and stays the same date as the publish date. Also it looks like "Updated Day Month Year" shows up there even if the guide wasn't updated after publish. Also on the old site that text didn't display even if you edited the guide until 24 hours after the guide was published and there were edits after 24 hours after the publish time of that guide (if that makes sense, lol).
  • On mobile, there are usually two ads on the bottom of the screen, one over another, also other issues with mobile ads.
  • Trophies for lists that used to be primarily another language like Japanese not fully translating in places.
  • If someone owns only one game on their profile, it seems like they don't have an "All Games" button to the right of the "Show Full Sessions" button - More info.
  • Trophy Card 2 icon layout for games and trophies seems to mix latest platinums (game thumbnail images) with latest played (trophy images).
  • If a custom trophy card image fails to upload due to the 2MB size restriction, it just says that it failed to upload. It should say something like "This image failed to upload. It must be a standard image format and 2MB or less". Also if a trophy card 2 image fails to upload, it then shows card 1 on the error page instead of card 2.
  • Not seeing navigation bar for search results under certain circumstances.
  • Another OCD thing on the homepage (this is how it looks for premium members on Chrome), I think this was aligned perfectly during the beta.
  • Some people are having issues seeing more than 100 games on their profile on Android and things like that.
  • DLC trophy "+" icons show up half a row too high on Safari on Mac, they show up slightly lower than top-left as the trophy image loads in on things like Chrome. They're supposed to be on the top-left of the image like they were on the old site.
  • On the trophy advisor page, if you filter on any type first, and then want to change it back to 'all', it won't do it and stays on the previous selected type.
  • Direction: Ascending is not remembered on the trophy log when advancing to the next page, more info here.
  • When sorting trophies by rarity and then going to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc page it will change the sort order from descending to ascending, more info here
  • On trophy advisor, if you try to change the Type from Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze back to "All" it doesn't change - it just stays on whatever setting you're on.
  • Users don't see a live preview of trophy card 1 or 2 when applying/cropping a custom image for themselves. When applying a custom banner image to a profile, it should have the top 60 pixels shaded out (sort of how it looks on my end when cropping a banner image).
  • One person said pages are weirdly magnified on their iPad, and can only see 25% of the page at once, more info here.
  • "In the "sign in" window, enter key doesn't work after i input my password. I would have to use the mouse and click sign in. Enter used to work before, I think"
  • The Leaderboard for Non-Platinum-Games is missing the green-filled-check-mark for those who have completed it 100% - it's just the empty grey-check-mark now. For Platinum-Games the Platinum-Symbol turns blue as soon as somebody has it.
  • A gaming session you made used to not only just appear at the top of the list page, but also appear among the listed games at the proper time on the list.
  • Hiding secret trophies doesn't hide the trophy images (Example game with hidden trophies is Heavy Rain).
  • On the DLC section of the games tab there is a spelling mistake. It says Most "Rewarading" & Least "Rewarading"
    • Least Rewarding still misspelled :P 
  • On the trophy advisor, if you filter by a trophy type and then try to put the trophy type filter back to "All" it doesn't go back to all - more info here.
  • Using Chrome on Android, the stats page has odd effects when interacting with it - more info here.
  • Several stats page bugs and suggestions.
  • The page counter doesn't reset when filtering in the trophy log - more info here.

Some of these have been updated, like thread locking. So they can be scrstched off :dance:

Can we get "Bring back larger avatars, and also support vertical rectangular avatars like the old forums." in bold :awesome:

I miss my larger avatar :(

Also the pm system is still borked... 

7 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Apparently a change was made sometime during the last week, where there was implemented a hard cap of 75 emoticons per post (this wasn't a thing before the 12th of this month). It just so happens that I was using trophy images as a rating system in my trophy checklist. Now instead of these :bronze:, it just says "bronze" and it's equivalent.for the other images...

Would be great, if this could be reverted to how it was. There's no point to having a cap on them in the first place, same goes for the "likes" btw since the leaderboard nonsense for those got thrown out the window.

Same thing has happened to me, my trophy list has been affected. I'll have to think of a way around... maybe separate posts or something...

3 hours ago, Midnightwards666 said:

Same thing has happened to me, my trophy list has been affected. I'll have to think of a way around... maybe separate posts or something...

Problem with that is that the information would be intermittent and most people generally have a short attention span. So having them search through X-number of pages to find the "updated" post can't be expected. With my current standings alone, I'd need to have approximately 3 or 4 additional posts. I'd have to do the list over and "reserve" the whole first page in advance, just in case.

I might have to convert it to numbered ratings, which I kind of wanted to avoid.

12 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Problem with that is that the information would be intermittent and most people generally have a short attention span. So having them search through X-number of pages to find the "updated" post can't be expected. With my current standings alone, I'd need to have approximately 3 or 4 additional posts. I'd have to do the list over and "reserve" the whole first page in advance, just in case.

I might have to convert it to numbered ratings, which I kind of wanted to avoid.

I know it may sound stupid but you said you entered the trophies via their emoticon-writing aka : bronze : to make it this: :bronze:

Why don't you try to use the direct image-link instead:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/uploads/emoticons/default_bronze.png

As an alternative I would say upload the image to another site and use it from there.That's what I did when I attempted to do a trophy checklist myself.

5 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I know it may sound stupid but you said you entered the trophies via their emoticon-writing aka : bronze : to make it this: :bronze:

Why don't you try to use the direct image-link instead:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/uploads/emoticons/default_bronze.png

As an alternative I would say upload the image to another site and use it from there.That's what I did when I attempted to do a trophy checklist myself.

I'll give that a try until it (hopefully) gets fixed. Thanks for the advice!

Hello guys, love the site even more after the update.

I have two questions though, i don't know if they are already mentioned here but i don't have the time really to read through that whole list.

The first is very simple, i want to add another card to my signature just like the one i have now, it is from another website though, from a rocket league tracker, and i don't know how to do it, i read that BBCode was unusable now but i don't know the alternative way.

The other thing is that i sometimes want to quote someone in the forums, when i forget that accidentaly i go to the edit function, however when i quote then, the quote is put in a new post, not in the edit. Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Lars

5 minutes ago, Lars said:

i go to the edit function, however when i quote then, the quote is put in a new post, not in the edit. Am i doing something wrong?

Quote automatically goes to the new post.

You have to either copy the quote to the edit or just post the quote, replies will be merged.

8 minutes ago, Lars said:

The first is very simple, i want to add another card to my signature just like the one i have now, it is from another website though, from a rocket league tracker, and i don't know how to do it, i read that BBCode was unusable now but i don't know the alternative way.

Copy the formatted BBCode (the picture or graph or whatever it is :))

• Like 1

Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

Copy the formatted BBCode (the picture or graph or whatever it is :))

Ok, will it update that card then as well, just like it does here? Or do i have to update the picture everytime i update the card