New Site Update Bugs & Feedback

BlindMango

1 hour ago, Z1MZUM said:

Sorry in advanced if I've missed the answer, My trophy card does not update or change when I edit it.

I think that's the issue with cards moving over to the new forums as signatures. You need to edit your signature via your account setting here in the forums, delete what's there and simply replace it with the card code again, then it should work properly.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

On 13.12.2016 at 10:09 PM, BlindMango said:

Profile "sub pages" (statistics, trophy log, etc) show "Level ## in 0 points" when you mouseover your level, it displays fine on the main profile page

There's another problem with the mousovers on the sub pages:
The tip for Country rank and World rank only show "since last week" but not the actual rank change like seen in the image below:

RtYFq7k.png

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

Getting a warning point locks you from making status updates, even after you acknowledge them. Turning the option off and on again solves the issue however.

The option for enabling status updates is pretty irrelevant and should be removed. If you don't wanna make one, you simply don't, no point in having such a pointless on/off button there.

On December 13, 2016 at 4:19 PM, Parker said:

My apologies. I've been working 16 hour days every day (even my off days) in order to save up some extra money for the house I should be closing on in January. I had every intention of updating that thread but real life got the better of me, I appreciate you making this one. 

Parker

As one Kentuckian to another, congrats on the house, pal!  BTW, trophy icons are showing up as black squares when I access the site using the ps4.  Thanks for all of the hard work to you, Sly & BlindMango!  You guys are rockin' it : )

• Like 2

6 hours ago, erised_ said:

As one Kentuckian to another, congrats on the house, pal!  BTW, trophy icons are showing up as black squares when I access the site using the ps4.  Thanks for all of the hard work to you, Sly & BlindMango!  You guys are rockin' it : )

Thank you, sir. It isn't final yet but everything seems perfectly fine so far so I'm fairly confident we'll have all the paperwork signed by the end of January. We're really just waiting on the bank right now. 

Parker

Just a small thing I noticed, dunno if I'd call it a bug, maybe just a change from the old to new site, but I see users I ignore can reply to status updates I post now, and I don't recall them being able to before on the old site. It still says I'm ignoring the user, so I won't get a notification or be able to see their message, but I feel they shouldn't be able to post on them in the first place if they're on the ignore list.

• Like 1

I have a few stylistic suggestions for the main site. I'll list them in the order of importance.

Suggestion 1: I really think that the 2 pixel blue border on the bottom of the banner div should be removed. It's extremely ugly and it compresses the banner images.

Suggestion 2: I think that the gradient overlay for header images should be reverted back to the old css style. It looks a lot crisper and less dreary than the current gradient. I've taken a screenshot from my browser with the current and the old style and I think the difference is huge.

Suggested Gradient and no border

F4onMnc.png

Current Gradient and no border

5e81gIv.png

In case you've lost the old css for the gradients, the code is below

.banner-overlay { background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%, rgba(0,0,0,0.1) 55%, rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* FF3.6+ */ background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(25%,rgba(0,0,0,0)), color-stop(55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.1)), color-stop(100%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65))); /* Chrome,Safari4+ */ background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%,rgba(0,0,0,0.1) 55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* Chrome10+,Safari5.1+ */ background: -o-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%,rgba(0,0,0,0.1) 55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* Opera 11.10+ */ background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%,rgba(0,0,0,0.1) 55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* IE10+ */ background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%,rgba(0,0,0,0.1) 55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* W3C */ filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#00000000', endColorstr='#a6000000',GradientType=0 ); /* IE6-9 */ } 

.banner-overlay.banner-overlay-guide { background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%, rgba(0,0,0,0.4) 55%, rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* FF3.6+ */ background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(25%,rgba(0,0,0,0)), color-stop(55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.4)), color-stop(100%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65))); /* Chrome,Safari4+ */ background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%,rgba(0,0,0,0.4) 55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* Chrome10+,Safari5.1+ */ background: -o-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%,rgba(0,0,0,0.4) 55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* Opera 11.10+ */ background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%,rgba(0,0,0,0.4) 55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* IE10+ */ background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%,rgba(0,0,0,0.4) 55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* W3C */ filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#00000000', endColorstr='#a6000000',GradientType=0 ); /* IE6-9 */ }

Suggestion 3: I think that the blur-container div should be removed. The headers look much cleaner without it.

No blur container, old gradient, and no border

iA4MujM.png

I think that all three of these suggestions combined look much better than the way that the headers currently look.

Edited by Urushiro
  • Like 1

Another problem with the search: If there are more than 20 games that match the result you won't be able to go past the first 20 results as there's no arrows to navigate between pages nor there's a automatic reloading via AJAX like for the game-list on the own profile. One example search:
https://psnprofiles.com/search/games?q=lego

--> 41 results and it's only possible to see the first 20.

EDIT: Seems like it's only for some specific terms. If I search for Lego movie I get the arrows on the bottom part:
https://psnprofiles.com/search/games?q=lego movie

EDIT2: Has it something to do with the amount of search results? E.g. when there are more than 50 entries, it shows the navigation bar and if there's less than 50 but more than 20 we don't see the navigation bar?

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Urushiro said:

I have a few stylistic suggestions for the main site. I'll list them in the order of importance.

I agree that I miss the old gradient, images were much brighter and more vibrant, going back and forth between the old site and the beta that's what I always immediately noticed.

Keep the blur Sly, it looks awesome, probably my favorite part of the new site update :P It also pairs with a ton of other visual aspects of the site, making it clear wouldn't make sense to me.

I'm fine with the blue line, maybe he could make that entire line gray, not just the main contents area, I dunno though. Not sure what you mean by it "compressing" the header image as it's the two pixels below the header.

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

I agree that I miss the old gradient, images were much brighter and more vibrant, going back and forth between the old site and the beta that's what I always immediately noticed.

Keep the blur Sly, it looks awesome, probably my favorite part of the new site update :P It also pairs with a ton of other visual aspects of the site, making it clear wouldn't make sense to me.

I'm fine with the blue line, maybe he could make that entire line gray, not just the main contents area, I dunno though. Not sure what you mean by it "compressing" the header image as it's the two pixels below the header.

I have all of these changes on locally, but I'd had a few people ask me about it so thought I'd make the suggestion. When I get back to my computer I'll do a screenshot with and without the border so that you can see what I mean.

Also, people can still see the old site at old.psnprofiles.com if they wanted to.

With border

14p53bW.png

No border Rx0heaJ.png

Edited by Urushiro
added images

Is it possible to remove the alternate shading in trophy and game lists? I'm not sure if this was a feature on the old site and I just didn't notice but the alternating white/blue shading is quite distracting since, on your profile, completed games with Platinum trophies are already shaded blue and it makes it look like games are completed when they're not.

Same with trophy lists in guides. When you are working on trophies with a guide open and you update your profile and refresh the guide page, while completed trophies are shaded green, it's difficult to tell on my laptop's monitor between the light green and blue shaded cells.

I would rather all unearned trophies and uncompleted games to just be white.

10 minutes ago, IronMask75 said:

Is it possible to remove the alternate shading in trophy and game lists? I'm not sure if this was a feature on the old site and I just didn't notice but the alternating white/blue shading is quite distracting since, on your profile, completed games with Platinum trophies are already shaded blue and it makes it look like games are completed when they're not.

Same with trophy lists in guides. When you are working on trophies with a guide open and you update your profile and refresh the guide page, while completed trophies are shaded green, it's difficult to tell on my laptop's monitor between the light green and blue shaded cells.

I would rather all unearned trophies and uncompleted games to just be white.

Can you take a screenshot? It's alternating between gray and white for me, same as the old site.

29 minutes ago, Urushiro said:

Can you take a screenshot? It's alternating between gray and white for me, same as the old site.

I think I've worked out the problem. Having your old site profile and my new site profile opened in two separate tabs and switching between them I notice that the white parts of the old site are indeed pure white, while the white parts on the new site are, in fact, slightly shaded blue or grey.

I've also recently switched from a loaned Macbook Pro with Retina display, which was an excellent screen, to my older HP Pavilion budget laptop and the screen is possible the worst I've ever used on any computer ever. The poor contrast makes the colour difference between the light blue, light green and light grey barely distinguishable and the new shaded background of the site makes it worse.

Edited by IronMask75
Finish sentence

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Another little OCD-thing:
The "Recent Forum Posts"-table on the front-page is 5 pixels larger than the one for new trophy lists or new DLCs (674 pixel vs. 669 pixel). This makes the box look slightly larger and also misaligns "Popular Games This Week":

It's not really a big issue but it cannot be unseen anymore. xD 

I agree with this xD

Maybe I'll add some good visual things after Sly squashes most of the bugs to the front list, but right now I don't want to overwhelm him with what is already a big list.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I agree with this xD

Maybe I'll add some good visual things after Sly squashes most of the bugs to the front list, but right now I don't want to overwhelm him with what is already a big list.

Yeah, fixing bugs is more important than those little visual things that can be tweaked. As long as the site doesn't look like a Geocities-page everything is fine for me. :D

• Like 1

Found again some bugs. :ninja:

Gaming Sessions

It's similar to this bug:

On 13.12.2016 at 10:09 PM, BlindMango said:

Trophies earned counter goes up and up in sessions seemingly if the session is edited by the host - More info

Somehow the counter for the members who are in the gaming sessions doesn't seem to decrease. E.g. this sessions has seven members currently but the top bar tells me there are 12:

https://psnprofiles.com/session/108516-splitsecond

This session has 12 members currently but the top bar says 19 members:
https://psnprofiles.com/session/107195-need-for-speed-most-wanted

Trophy Card v2

1. When I'm using the Icon Layout Games & Trophies I get a crude strange mix.
I actually see the game banners of the last two games I platted (Batman Telltale for PS4 and Little Acre) but at the same time I'm seeing the trophies for the latest games I played (Superdimension... and Volume). According to the preview it should be the game banners from Superdimension and Volume?

As uploading this SVN/PNG-mix is a bit hard I will keep it in my sig but there's also a screenshot for convenience:

Spoiler

IhllA4z.png

2. Another, rather minor, error

When trying to upload a background image for the new trophy card and the upload fails (e.g. due to the size restriction of 2MB) the error page shows the trophy card v1:

Spoiler

JVIGQff.png

8KhNwWA.png

That's it for today. 

• Like 2

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎26 at 6:27 AM, Urushiro said:

Suggestion 1: I really think that the 2 pixel blue border on the bottom of the banner div should be removed. It's extremely ugly and it compresses the banner images.

Suggestion 2: I think that the gradient overlay for header images should be reverted back to the old css style. It looks a lot crisper and less dreary than the current gradient. I've taken a screenshot from my browser with the current and the old style and I think the difference is huge.

Suggested Gradient and no border

F4onMnc.png

Current Gradient and no border

5e81gIv.png

In case you've lost the old css for the gradients, the code is below

Reveal hidden contents

.banner-overlay { background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%, rgba(0,0,0,0.1) 55%, rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* FF3.6+ */ background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(25%,rgba(0,0,0,0)), color-stop(55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.1)), color-stop(100%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65))); /* Chrome,Safari4+ */ background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%,rgba(0,0,0,0.1) 55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* Chrome10+,Safari5.1+ */ background: -o-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%,rgba(0,0,0,0.1) 55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* Opera 11.10+ */ background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%,rgba(0,0,0,0.1) 55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* IE10+ */ background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%,rgba(0,0,0,0.1) 55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* W3C */ filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#00000000', endColorstr='#a6000000',GradientType=0 ); /* IE6-9 */ } 

.banner-overlay.banner-overlay-guide { background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%, rgba(0,0,0,0.4) 55%, rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* FF3.6+ */ background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(25%,rgba(0,0,0,0)), color-stop(55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.4)), color-stop(100%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65))); /* Chrome,Safari4+ */ background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%,rgba(0,0,0,0.4) 55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* Chrome10+,Safari5.1+ */ background: -o-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%,rgba(0,0,0,0.4) 55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* Opera 11.10+ */ background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%,rgba(0,0,0,0.4) 55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* IE10+ */ background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(0,0,0,0) 25%,rgba(0,0,0,0.4) 55%,rgba(0,0,0,0.65) 100%); /* W3C */ filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#00000000', endColorstr='#a6000000',GradientType=0 ); /* IE6-9 */ }

Suggestion 3: I think that the blur-container div should be removed. The headers look much cleaner without it.

No blur container, old gradient, and no border

iA4MujM.png

I think that all three of these suggestions combined look much better than the way that the headers currently look.

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎26 at 5:43 PM, Urushiro said:

I have all of these changes on locally, but I'd had a few people ask me about it so thought I'd make the suggestion. When I get back to my computer I'll do a screenshot with and without the border so that you can see what I mean.

Also, people can still see the old site at old.psnprofiles.com if they wanted to.

With border

14p53bW.png

No border Rx0heaJ.png

am i the only one who looked at these, saw the opportunity to play "spot the differences", and failed miserably...thought maybe it was because i was on pc so also checked them out on my phone...still have no idea what the issue is...one looks a little darker/brighter?...a hair clearer?...feel like a kid and someone is pointing at the sky saying saying "check it out, that cloud that looks like a dragon!" and i'm like "oh yeah"...and have no idea what they're talking about...haha...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ProfBambam55 said:

am i the only one who looked at these, saw the opportunity to play "spot the differences", and failed miserably...thought maybe it was because i was on pc so also checked them out on my phone...still have no idea what the issue is...one looks a little darker/brighter?...a hair clearer?...feel like a kid and someone is pointing at the sky saying saying "check it out, that cloud that looks like a dragon!" and i'm like "oh yeah"...and have no idea what they're talking about...haha...

lmfao no you're not. I tried telling the differences between them and was reminded as to why I failed most art classes in school. :D 

9 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

6 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

lmfao no you're not. I tried telling the differences between them and was reminded as to why I failed most art classes in school. :D 

Did you look at the full size images or just the small size that the forum limits them to? There's a pretty noticeable difference between them. If I could make them into .gifv or .anpg then it'd be pretty obvious, but I don't know how to make them. A simple .gif would compress the image too much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Urushiro said:

Did you look at the full size images or just the small size that the forum limits them to? There's a pretty noticeable difference between them. If I could make them into .gifv or .anpg then it'd be pretty obvious, but I don't know how to make them. A simple .gif would compress the image too much.

Tbh I'd never thought to open the full images. Now that I do though I see some differences. Before doing it I noticed a slight lighting difference and that was it. I do like your suggestion though so that you can see the corners of the image without the blur.