New Site Update Bugs & Feedback

BlindMango

1 hour ago, Dav9834 said:

Leaving us and Sly few easy options. Apparently Sly has the option to allow html access for everyone, or none. No in-between, or restrictions for groups(as far as I know at the time) to prevent malicious html. Apparently it is possible to make a group have html access, however the security risks are still there. 

The way that I read it, there isn't a way to restrict specific tags. If they could have the site admin manually restrict the tags, that would be a great successor to the BBCode. If they could possibly have the post go through the admin's list of acceptable tags and then remove any tags not on the list, that would be perfect. Having a br tag is absolutely necessary since there's no way to add a line break when using the mobile site.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SDB--1982 said:

Not all of my games are showing on my profile. I cannot see anything similar on the list. Seems to only include games I have got a trophy in 2016

Edit: If I change to alphabetical it only goes as far as M and won't show Watch Dogs which I played last night.

It's supposed to have 100 games loaded when you open your profile, then when you scroll to the bottom of the page it's supposed to load the next 100. I think your problem is it maybe isn't doing that correctly. What browser are you using and on what device?

7 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

This is sort of an extension of the 'please fix for our OCD' post. The way completed games are shown has a strange spacing. Some take up 4 lines because the completed time displays too much text or something.

Compare my Galaga plat (3 lines) with Code:realize https://psnprofiles.com/BeautifulTorment . Its a subtle difference but it makes the list look all messed up with strange spacing.

This is probably because you're viewing your profile on a really small resolution screen like a cell phone, the site adapts the layout to try to keep it easily visible on phones. You could try Using Ctrl - to zoom out if you're on PC, but I don't want to put this on the bugs like right now since it's more of a visual thing.

7 hours ago, ee28max said:

Looking at my Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare trophy icons on my signature, they look dull... What's the problem?

That's the bug where it's stripping black color from images on trophy cards, that's in the bugs list ;)

5 hours ago, ee28max said:

Okay, but what if someone mentions your name in the Status Update or asks you a question like this for example: @BlindMango ?

I understand it annoys some people, but really?

I worded this better, it's about not seeing when a user posts directly on another users wall in the sidebar, old site didn't show that.

12 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong concerning my last post?

I'm thinking it's something to do with the editor not recognizing the entire field as being text that's editable, It looks like it's a weird bug - maybe because it has a lot of formatting and the way the code for spoiler boxes work differently now. I would say try to do it in another browser and see if that does anything, then if not put a new spoilers/hidden contents box below that one, then copy and paste the text from that box into the new one. If it doesn't let you copy and paste that text while in edit mode, open a new tab and copy it from non-edit mode and paste it into the box in your first tab.

8 hours ago, KashSenpai said:

Validating problem with psn cards?

What internet browser are you using, also if you can press F12 or Ctrl + Shift + I and report any errors given within the dev console after it gets stuck hanging on validating.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I'm thinking it's something to do with the editor not recognizing the entire field as being text that's editable, It looks like it's a weird bug - maybe because it has a lot of formatting and the way the code for spoiler boxes work differently now. I would say try to do it in another browser and see if that does anything, then if not put a new spoilers/hidden contents box below that one, then copy and paste the text from that box into the new one. If it doesn't let you copy and paste that text while in edit mode, open a new tab and copy it from non-edit mode and paste it into the box in your first tab.

Yeah I tried to copy it but the mouse didn't highlight anything. And trying to open the spoilers in the thread freezes my laptop horribly. No other spoilers in any other threads freezes me up though.

13 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Yeah I tried to copy it but the mouse didn't highlight anything. And trying to open the spoilers in the thread freezes my laptop horribly. No other spoilers in any other threads freezes me up though.

You're right, it does crash! xD Okay try copying it from here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160226071706/https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/29418-avatar-of-battles-arcane-objects-bin/

Edit: Here's one from April instead of the February one above

https://web.archive.org/web/20160427131109/https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/29418-avatar-of-battles-arcane-objects-bin/

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Ouch. It's definitely not everything. I can copy it but I tried pasting it into that skinny box in my thread and opening the spoiler still froze me up. I may be able to copy the page you gave me, enter it into a new comment box, and then open a new topic and paste it there while making all the necessary edits. As it is my thread doesn't seem like it can be edited by me. The stuff from the old site is still going to be there I'm guessing because I froze no matter what I enter into that box above the info.

I feel REALLY bad for the people with far more in their checklists than I do. Of all the little problems people have been pointing out this one hurt me the most lol. (not that it matters overall I'm still happy with the update for the most part with all the tweaks that have been done. :D )

• Like 1

A small thing ive noticed is when viewing alphabetical, games with roman numerals seem to be classed as an i rather than a number. For example it goes: 

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Assassins Creed II

Assassins Creed III

Assassins Creed IV Black Flag

Assassins Creed Revelations

Im sure it didnt use to be like that

2 hours ago, Urushiro said:

The way that I read it, there isn't a way to restrict specific tags. If they could have the site admin manually restrict the tags, that would be a great successor to the BBCode. If they could possibly have the post go through the admin's list of acceptable tags and then remove any tags not on the list, that would be perfect. Having a br tag is absolutely necessary since there's no way to add a line break when using the mobile site.

There would be no way to remove it though, no source window. But ya buttons can be created, the extent is beyond me though. 

Their essentially saying we won't help, you have to figure it out in their forums with other disgruntled clients, and just have your members use the editor. 

Edited by Dav9834

On 12/13/2016 at 10:22 PM, Stevieboy said:

I noticed a bug that has occurred during the transfer. Any game that has a letter with an accent in the title, the forum name has cut off everything including and after the letter with the accent.

For example:

Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo = https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/3782-s/

ABZÛ = https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/4491-abz/

Shütshimi = https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/3385-sh/

I'm not sure exactly how many of them there are, and I don't know if it will also do the same thing if a new game is added with a letter with an accent in the title.

EDIT: Brütal Legend is fine, but the forum name is listed as Brutal Legend without the accent. https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/155-brutal-legend/

@BlindMango You haven't added the above bug I found to your list. Did you not see it, or do you need me to explain it better?

So why hasn't the issue with game console browsers been listed? The site is completely broken in every aspect on all game console browsers. And no I'm not going to show a screen capture image because that can't be done on a Wii U, PS3, or PS4 browser. :P

You can't access the chatbox, all images are broken, game sessions can't be utilized, basically everything that makes this site special and worth visiting is broken on game console browsers... :|

The Guide Content section in this guide shows up at the bottom of the guide, rather than to the right. Not sure if this is only on my part, or if it has something to do with the lay out. https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5417-hyper-light-drifter-trophy-guide

Edit: seems to have fixed itself

Edited by Starflakes

6 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

Maybe you're not pasting a url that ends in an image extension, seems to work fine for me.

1L5ae327.png

Oh. Oh lawd. Good guy.

6 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

As have I, it seems IPBoards/services is moving away from bbcode entirely with v4.0.  Seems they're not budging on that issue. I personally don't believe in retiring something regardless if it was created in the 90s without a replacement of equal value. And the editor is not of equal value. 

They left some bbcode in, but it's not what it was. And there's no viewing the source. 

Leaving us and Sly few easy options. Apparently Sly has the option to allow html access for everyone, or none. No in-between, or restrictions for groups(as far as I know at the time) to prevent malicious html. Apparently it is possible to make a group have html access, however the security risks are still there. 

A client in this post on ipboards stresses the issue and gets the answers. The responses aren't what a client would want to hear imo, and I'm completely turned off by ip boards now by the flip flop responses. This explains the bbcode issue the best I believe. 

https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/417407-ips-40-the-current-state-of-bbcode-and-its-future-is-bbcode-officially-abandoned/

Like I said before, I wouldn't mind so much if the available formatting options weren't so sparse. I'm pretty sure wordpad used to have more customisation options than we have.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Starflakes said:

The Guide Content section in this guide shows up at the bottom of the guide, rather than to the right. Not sure if this is only on my part, or if it has something to do with the lay out. https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5417-hyper-light-drifter-trophy-guide

Found the culprit, it was actually the long underline you put in the Masochist trophy moving the contents list down to the bottom, if you want to use a line like that you'll want to press the "Insert Horizontal Line" button in the edit toolbar ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, parkerdip said:

A small thing ive noticed is when viewing alphabetical, games with roman numerals seem to be classed as an i rather than a number. For example it goes: 

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Assassins Creed II

Assassins Creed III

Assassins Creed IV Black Flag

Assassins Creed Revelations

Im sure it didnt use to be like that

It was like this before, although I'm on the same page with you, that treating those roman numerals as actual numbers wouldn't be a bad thing.

I noticed something else: When you switch on the "Show DLC" in your trophy advisor, the total page count (obviously) goes up - in my case from 4 to 8 pages. But if you want to click on that last page (or any further than before), the URL-appendix "&showDLC" is missing and it would just show a blank page, because the later pages without DLC are always empty. As a matter of fact, that URL-appendix is missing on all pages - so whenever you click on any page, it pretty much goes back to "Hide DLC".

Edited by dalailama1989

I noticed a semi annoying bug when I was making a guide. Every now and then when i'm typing in something for a trophy guide it wont allow me to save any of the text i have written for that trophy.. So I have to copy what I did and press cancel (which is delete everything I've written) and past it back in to be able to save what I've done.

On 12/13/2016 at 4:09 PM, BlindMango said:

• Typing your name into the box on the homepage sometimes makes it hang on "validating", tough pressing your name at the top-right and updating your profile works fine.
    • If you have this issue, tell us what internet browser you're using, also if you can press F12 or Ctrl + Shift + I and report any errors given within the dev console after it gets stuck hanging on validating.

It only appears to happen while I'm logged out.  If I'm logged in this doesn't occur at all.  Using Safari on a Macbook.  No errors that I could tell.

• Like 1

On 13/12/2016 at 10:09 PM, BlindMango said:

16 hours ago, Doctor Doom said:

I would also like to re submit the fact that we have less options when filtering trophy lists on our profiles.
We have "100%", "not 100%", "platinum" and "platinum not 100%". The "not 100%" shows both games were you already got and didn't get yet a platium, but I remember that previously it didn't show games with platinums. Moreover, games with platinum and not at 100% are already covered by the filter "platinum not 100%".
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong. Maybe it wasn't "not 100%" and there was a 5th filter, but I clearly remember that I could view the list of games that (aren't at 100%) && (have no earned platinums yet).

Don't ignore me Mango!

@BlindMango @Sly RipperMy question in my previous post has sadly gone unnoticed...

The signature space used to be a little bit taller before - the trophy card is 120 pixels high, there used to be enough room for a 120 pixel image below it plus one line of text, but there isn't enough room for that any more. Can the signature height be changed back, or can the reason for this change be explained? Seems random for me at this point.

55 minutes ago, Doctor Doom said:

Don't ignore me Mango!

Lol okay, I'm not certain of it either but I guess I'll add that to the list :P

13 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

The trophy card is 120 pixels high, there used to be enough room for a 120 pixel image below it plus one line of text, but there isn't enough room for that any more.

I'm not sure about this one, maybe Sly didn't want signatures to take up so much vertical space or the forum software doesn't allow anything more. You tagged his name so if he has a better answer than that I'm sure he'll let you know. For now I'd say you'd have to adjust it, but I don't want to add signature height to the list because I want to try to keep it focused on major bugs or issues.