New Site Update Bugs & Feedback

BlindMango

16 hours ago, Doctor Doom said:

@BlindMango Not always, but quite often, when I try creating a new pots or thread, the forum will pre-fill the edit box with what I had typed and submitted in a previous post. Stress is on a previous post, and not the immediately previous one.

For example, before this post I just created this thread https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/43939-forum-leaderboard-feedback/

While creating it, the forum presented me in the editbox, the content of my checklist post that I edited when I added the platinum icon for Virginia. But I had posted again in the same topic after editing the first post.

Adding to this, sometimes, the option to clear the editor does not appear until a few more reloads.

Since we cannot easily delete quotes, it definitely becomes annoyance.

• Like 1

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but PM Messages can no longer be sorted/viewed by categories(custom)

I used this heavily to determine who was in the sv reminder service. Without it I don't know who to give 2x the chance anymore.

Can we have it so when we click on a category it shows all the messages just in that category like it was?

nrwrskd.jpg

As you can see it shows not just those in that category, but all PMs.

• Like 1

With mobile browsing ads on forums side makes reading harder as everytime ad shows up, page scrolls up half a screen and rarely scrolls up to ad. Ads also goes away if you dont have it on your screen, making page scroll up once again. 

I'm using Honor 8 with chrome browser if that matters. 

Also on mobile browsing there is button to become premium member on both scroll down button and next to it. On laptop chrome browser there isnt button for becoming premium member on scroll down button, only next to it. Is this intentional? 

Hope this makes sense. 

• Like 1

Is there any way to filter out the forum games (and some other stuff) when I go to unread content? I used to have everything filtered out in the old site so I just saw the subforums I actually cared about.

Looking for a solution where I don't have to follow every subforum, by the way. I'm looking for a more specific ignore checklist.

I'm not sure if this has been said already or if it's even a bug at all, but when you look at a trophy list for a game with no DLC that you have the Platinum in, if you look over to the side where it says when you got your first trophy and when you got your last trophy, it'll list the time you got the Platinum and the time you got the 100%. This seems pointless since they're the exact same time.

• Like 1

It's similar to the problem with the trophies' language in the guide, but:

When I look at a single trophy of a former japanese-only list that got translated the trophy and it's description will be in the original language, but on the overall list they are translated:

An example is the list of I Am Setsuna:

3A0SVgi.png
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4356-i-am-setsuna/

When I click the plat, I get this:

m9vRfGO.png

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/4356-i-am-setsuna/1-雪の世界の物語

Another thing I noticed:
In the beta the profile scanner was able to detect new games without trophies earned even when you didn't earn a trophy in another game but on the new site itself it's not possible anymore.

• Like 1

On 20.12.2016 at 8:19 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Is there any way to filter out the forum games (and some other stuff) when I go to unread content? I used to have everything filtered out in the old site so I just saw the subforums I actually cared about.

Looking for a solution where I don't have to follow every subforum, by the way. I'm looking for a more specific ignore checklist.

I don't know if it would fulfill your needs but you can create a custom activity and select the specific forums you want fo include. Sadly you can't include the more general "Game forum" but instead you have to add specific game forum on it's own if you care for those. To do so create a new activity, select topics and with the gear on the right side you can select specific forums:

Jpnl4B0.png

Sadly it seems like sub-forums aren't included by default so you would have to select the Unreleased Games-forums, too. :\

So what can I do? Game console browsers lack screen capture and my cell doesn't have a camera that can capture images on electronic devices, there's no way I can show you the issues, but someone in the staff must own a Wii U or PS3 so please have them check because your site is virtually useless on said devices... :|

Also clicking update my profile no longer updates your Trophy Card and automatic updates aren't occurring either... :facepalm: 

On 12/19/2016 at 3:50 PM, Dav9834 said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but PM Messages can no longer be sorted/viewed by categories(custom)

I used this heavily to determine who was in the sv reminder service. Without it I don't know who to give 2x the chance anymore.

Can we have it so when we click on a category it shows all the messages just in that category like it was?

nrwrskd.jpg

As you can see it shows not just those in that category, but all PMs.

@BlindMango

You didn't add my issue to the OP :(

• Like 1

While looking at the Statistics page on my profile, in the part where it says how many of your games are a certain letter ranking, it says I have 80 S rank games when I really have 74.

Never mind, I just noticed this is already stated on the OP

Edited by Mike13858
  • Like 1

On 20/12/2016 at 6:22 PM, Mike13858 said:

I'm not sure if this has been said already or if it's even a bug at all, but when you look at a trophy list for a game with no DLC that you have the Platinum in, if you look over to the side where it says when you got your first trophy and when you got your last trophy, it'll list the time you got the Platinum and the time you got the 100%. This seems pointless since they're the exact same time.

This is a bit pedantic. There's no way the system could predict whether a game will get DLC in the future and the extra coding involved to hide the time completed stat in this instance probably isn't worth the time. At least now we can see both the time to plat and time to 100% of games with DLC, unlike on the previous site that effectively overwrote your Plat time when you finished all the DLC in the game. So, pointless? Perhaps. Pedantic. Probably. worth fixing? Not so much.

6 minutes ago, IronMask75 said:

This is a bit pedantic. There's no way the system could predict whether a game will get DLC in the future and the extra coding involved to hide the time completed stat in this instance probably isn't worth the time. At least now we can see both the time to plat and time to 100% of games with DLC, unlike on the previous site that effectively overwrote your Plat time when you finished all the DLC in the game. So, pointless? Perhaps. Pedantic. Probably. worth fixing? Not so much.

Actually, it did keep the time you took to platinum the game and added another time for 100%, just like it does on this new site but on the old site, it only showed the time you took to platinum games with no DLC, not both.

@BlindMango

Didn't re-read the the 7 pages of this forum.  Did a Control-F to search for "Gaming Sessions" on your first post and didn't see this listed.

Anyway, if someone leaves your gaming session and then re applies to be added to it, it appears there's a bug where they can't be re-added even if clicking approve. What's worse, it fills up the spot for them.  To see what I mean, search for my "Castlevania Harmony of Despair session.  I set it up for 6 gamers, there's only 2 there currently, but it says there's 1 spot left.

Edited by B1rvine

Not too sure if this has been brought up yet, but I created a sessions this morning (here) and then just a few minutes ago edited time, date, and intended trophies. There are a total of 30 "trophies intended to be earned" during the session; of which, I have 16. However, the trophy count under the gamers in this session field has gone, well, wonky:

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 6.33.56 PM.png

Prior to editing the session my profile had been updated ... although I'm not too sure if that caused this situation.

Not sure if this is intended (or mentioned before xD) but in the games page, when you type in a name the results don't pop up immediately, you have to press to search to show the results. Then, when you are in that page (https://psnprofiles.com/search/games), anything you type will show the results live.

In the old site it'd show live on the main games page. (https://psnprofiles.com/games)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, renatabls said:

Not sure if this is intended (or mentioned before xD) but in the games page, when you type in a name the results don't pop up immediately, you have to press to search to show the results. Then, when you are in that page (https://psnprofiles.com/search/games), anything you type will show the results live.

In the old site it'd show live on the main games page. (https://psnprofiles.com/games)

The term you're looking for is "Auto-complete" and yes, this has been mentioned in the thread before.