New Site Update Bugs & Feedback

BlindMango

3 hours ago, brian_budokai said:

I noticed that in the email with daily content updates there's only one Email with all content from 5 different forum threads... prior to the update there were emails for each thread on their own... is this is new feature or a bug?

It's just different.

Check out the options https://forum.psnprofiles.com/notifications/options/ and see what suits you better.

Dragging a link into the post editor, such as a trophy or game link, or a link to your own profile, such as this: IronMask75, causes that link to run on after pressing the spacebar and continuing typing. The only way to stop the behaviour is to hit <Enter> after adding the link, then <backspace> to break the association. Tedious.

Using Firefox on either Mac or Windows.

13 hours ago, Masamune said:

Oh, I got side tracked by that. :P The main reason I came here was because I was wondering, aren't the newer trophy cards supposed to be animated (or is it currently disabled for some reason)? I thought they were during the beta, but I couldn't remember for sure. None of the ones I see are, but if I right click them & select "view image", it'll show the animation.

That was happening with firefox during the beta too. I remember stevieboy brought it up before.

11 hours ago, Doctor Doom said:

It's just different.

Check out the options https://forum.psnprofiles.com/notifications/options/ and see what suits you better.

Seems bad to me... i only see "get  1email with all new stuff daily" and "get 1 email with all stuff weekly", but what i want is "get 1 email for 1 Topic daily"....

And another question:my account was deleted, so i can't access it and change my preferences now, can i?

Forgive me if that has been mentioned before, but I didn't see it in the opening post and I haven't seen anyone else talk about this.

Often when I quote people on the new site, a weird number will appear in the bottom left of the box. I'm not sure what causes this and I don't know how to remove it. When I hover over the number, it says something like "2 errors found in text" as you can see below.

ES1PtTp.png

Another issue I've been having is sometimes when I hit Enter on my keyboard or insert an emoticon into a post, it will delete all of the text I've written up to that point. In fact, it happened on this very post, forcing me to rewrite most of it. -_- Since nobody else seems to be having these issues, I can only assume it's something on my end, but I have no idea what that could be. All I know for sure is that this never happened on the old site.

Clicking "Edit Trophies" and then saving on a gaming session used to be helpful as it updated the trophy count of players in the session that displays on the side. Now though, updating trophies keeps adding the number of achieved trophies to the hosts's total. You can see what I mean more clearly by looking at my gaming session, where I have 10 trophies apparently, but there's only 4 listed. 

@BlindMango Found a new Game Session issue after receiving an email alert about a half hour ago. Obviously this session does not start in one hour. The email alert time is off by more than 6 hours. Not sure how many others have had/found this issue, but I thought it should be noted that there is something up with this

tLNdHn1.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

@BlindMango Found a new Game Session issue after receiving an email alert about a half hour ago. Obviously this session does not start in one hour. The email alert time is off by more than 6 hours. Not sure how many others have had/found this issue, but I thought it should be noted that there is something up with this

tLNdHn1.png

Is your time zone correct in settings on the main site? I realized mine wasn't after the site update and had to reset it. :P 

@BlindMango Not always, but quite often, when I try creating a new pots or thread, the forum will pre-fill the edit box with what I had typed and submitted in a previous post. Stress is on a previous post, and not the immediately previous one.

For example, before this post I just created this thread https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/43939-forum-leaderboard-feedback/

While creating it, the forum presented me in the editbox, the content of my checklist post that I edited when I added the platinum icon for Virginia. But I had posted again in the same topic after editing the first post.

Edited by Doctor Doom
  • Like 1

Not sure if mentioned, but I don't think forum games should make it to the "popular now" section of the site. There is absolutely nothing in them that makes them worth the extra attention that spot gives. It should be tuned for showing news or threads about DLC or that kind of stuff getting more visibility.

• Like 2