Favorite PS Plus game of 2016

marvelboy10

Huh. Looking back, it was kind of a disappointing year for me. I would guess that Yakuza 5 is my favorite, although I never actually finished it. The Deadly Tower of Monsters was fun, but the annoying ending is the thing I remember most. 

I haven't played Transformers yet, so maybe that will win? But unlike earlier years, I don't see that awesome indie that reminded me why I like gaming in the first place (such as Rogue's Legacy, or for 2017, Titan Souls).

i cant honestly think of the last time they had a game i liked, and ive had it for years. i liked the wii remake of ZOMBIE they had, but unfortunately i was duped into buying it on sale the week before it was free so i dunno if i can even count that since i paid for it lol. 

letting these independent companies in was the worst thing ever. i thought it would create a bunch of unique great games that big companies wouldnt pass. instead we have been bombarded by side scrolling games that are the technology of 30 years ago like were still in the nes era or something. the only difference is smooth pixels. 

i mean seriously, we are very bombarded by these games and im sick of them lol. hotline miami was the only acception i thought this is neat just like the old days. i didnt know for the next 3 years we would get such low budget pieces of crap nonstop after!!!

On 1/4/2017 at 3:06 AM, Sora9427 said:

Well i Got the PsPlus just in the last 2 Motnhs so games of November or December for me (+ Journey in Septmber and Deadly Tower in October since they were short) and between this I Plaied Costume quest 2 on Ps3 and Color Guardians on Ps4 (So Far of course i have other game from that months i want to play) so Costume quest 2 i guess, a game i wanted already some years ago but never got it and yeah i really enjoied it :D

i forgot about that game, loved it and the first. ill switch my answer to a tie between costume quest and zombi. as if my opinion really matters anyways haha

8 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

Letting these independent companies in was the worst thing ever. i thought it would create a bunch of unique great games that big companies wouldnt pass. instead we have been bombarded by side scrolling games that are the technology of 30 years ago like were still in the nes era or something. the only difference is smooth pixels. 

i mean seriously, we are very bombarded by these games and im sick of them lol. hotline miami was the only acception i thought this is neat just like the old days. i didnt know for the next 3 years we would get such low budget pieces of crap nonstop after!!!

While I  love that style of game, I can see why many gamers would be disappointed with the offerings.  Further screwing things up is the fact that a lot of the offerings in this style are complete crap.

• Like 1

Tricky Towers

Color Guardians

The Deadly Tower of Monsters

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

These are my favorite PS+ games from last year. Tricky Towers definitely the best. It was fun and really challenging game to Plat, but I liked it that way.

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Maybe because it's not a 5 hours game.

sry you are right... 50 fastest 100% are 1-3hour ... so still not worth 30 €

30€ you can get a nice book and read for days ( if you want to say I should have read all the story ) :)

IMO visual novels are to get fast Platinum trophies, if i want to read something for 30€ I buy java,C++ or other books more interesting then these novels :)

Edited by t0uch3rstyl3

Just got + for the first time in August, & was immediately gifted with Journey, which I had resisted playing until that point.  AMAZING!  Then comes Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.  HUZZAH!

Follow up, Deadly Tower of Monsters. BACON BACON BACON!  Feeling that I got my $$$ worth for the + subscription with these 3 awesome games that I would never have played otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, t0uch3rstyl3 said:

:facepalm:

That's DEFINITELY not what I meant.

30€ you can get a nice book and read for days ( if you want to say I should have read all the story ) :)

Yea, you should have read it. You could have easily read it for days if you wanted.

It's over 30 hours of actual content. Depending on your reading speed, it's definitely on par with middle sized novels.

IMO visual novels are to get fast Platinum trophies,

No, they aren't. They exist to convey stores.

If you aren't interested in the story, there is no reason to play the game since you are simply buying trophies.

I buy java,C++

No C#, no buy :P

• Like 3

2 hours ago, t0uch3rstyl3 said:

IMO visual novels are to get fast Platinum trophies, if i want to read something for 30€ I buy java,C++ or other books more interesting then these novels :)

And how much money do you spend on meals? I'm guessing you go through the bargain rack, since you can't enjoy something for several days. Fuck buying a nice pizza and enjoying yourself for a few hours, right? When you can just buy 20 cent ramen and just get by.

I will never understand why people equate money with time spent in something. As if time spent somehow makes a product better. It's only in your head...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

And how much money do you spend on meals? I'm guessing you go through the bargain rack, since you can't enjoy something for several days. Fuck buying a nice pizza and enjoying yourself for a few hours, right? When you can just buy 20 cent ramen and just get by.

I will never understand why people equate money with time spent in something. As if time spent somehow makes a product better. It's only in your head...

for me enjoying is not reading things :D I have to read enough for my study and as soon as im home i enjoy myself with games, my wife and my dog.

If people enjoy reading VN its fine but im not enjoying this....

yeah i dont ejoy pizza or other fast food. I enjoy eating in restaurants or real meals :) 

good points but you talk to the wrong person  :)

All this is wrong in this section. If anyone want to discuss more just write a PN :) Im out

On 4-1-2017 at 0:30 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax BY FAR.

It's a great arcade fighter with tons of content. I still go back to it every once in a while.

On 14-1-2017 at 4:44 PM, Arzkath said:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

Oh wow, I forgot that P4AU was part of last year's PlayStation Plus line-up as well. That was easily my favorite of 2016 then, that game is really enjoyable!

• Like 2

Grim Fandango is an absolute classic and definitely hits my top spot for 2016.

I've noticed a bit of a decline in titles over 2016, but a pretty huge increase in cheaper games and deals. Feels like Sony is putting less investment into free games and more into cheaper sales titles.

I spent more money in 2016 on PSN sales titles than I did on actual new release games. It's also the year I was almost exclusively digital in my games purchases.