Proudest/ Best platinum of 2017 so far

SoIidWoIf

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

EWNCHOL.png

Not really difficult save for a handful of situations but it took a very long time and even then I didn't mind because it was so much fun. I didn't use a guide for any trophy aside from one of the the collectibles, which for some games might make the platinum a chore but I think using a guide for say, S ranks and mission tasks would be a disservice to the Phantom Pain. The game is pretty much "this is your objective, YOU find a way to do it" with very little hand holding. The feeling when you find a way to S rank something with no guide is worth any amount of failed experiments that come before it. 

In short, because the game challenged me to innovate and improvise (often on the fly) my way through some tough situations without outside help, this is my proudest platinum of 2017.

• Like 2

Bloodborne for this year, no doubt. 

and to some degree Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late, as I'm quite awful with timings and coordination doing combos in fighting games and byakuya's trophy is a pain in the ass.

This summer I'm gonna retry challenge 6 in Vanquish, after like 4 years... if I manage to win over that bastard, it will be not just my proudest platinum this year, but my proudest platinum ever. 

• Like 1