Fallout 4 season pass, your opinion.

pokwey

there are triple A games on sale for 5 bucks right now on the PS Store. add those 5 bucks up until you reach 50, and you got yourself 10 high quality games for the same price as a season pass, not even a brand new game. that being said...

the season pass is not worth it. not only are there framerate drops (that contrary to what Bethesda claims, have not been properly fixed) in high rendering areas, the content itself is pretty shoddy. far harbor is pretty decent (has the most FPS drops though), nuka world is more or less a settlement building DLC (eventually) even though there's a storyline and marketed as a plot DLC, automatron was... good, albeit lacking in content (but cheaper luckily). the rest are workshop DLC's and should only interest you if you intend to build. all in all, the pass will go on sale sooner or later, i've seen it on sale already in the past, so if you really want it, just hang around for a while, as it is certainly not worth 50 bucks.

I got really disapointed after they anounced no more dlc after nuka world. The workshops dlc are the same as community mods.

No it's not worth even the $30 for 2 dlc (fallout 3 and Newvegas are 15$) and a few community mods.

I paid even more cause i bought everything seperate.

Looking back on it it wasnt worth the money as someone else said its mostly stuff ripped from the community..Still loved the main game a lot though

Wait for a Game of the year if you can wait its probably not going to be that much longer

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly it was a pretty dick move on Bethesda's part to increase the price of the Season pass after it was released. I can't even imagine how little content they had planned prior to it increasing in price. I love the game, but something is just missing in it compared to Fallout 3 (never got around to playing New Vegas) that I can't really place. The Season pass content reminds me a lot about what I hated the most in Batman Arkham Knight. They both added some new gaming mechanic that the developers seemed to love way to much.... I hated the whole virtual reality settlement arcade game in Far Harbor. Nice diversion the first 2 levels, but then I realized I would have to spend more time working on 3 more levels and I was like ugh... Make it stop.....

Back to your original question, no, I don't think $50 is worth it for this DLC unless you really love the game. I had stopped the game. Haven't played Nuka World yet, but while Far Harbor was interesting, the graphic quality, and the quality of the game in general seemed to drop in the DLC content.

Probably half the Season pass content deals with Settlement creation. Why that is since settlement creation is so buggy and a pain in the ass as well as the fact the number of items is so friggin small compared to what you might want to create in a settlement means why bother. I couldn't even create a 6 X 6 concrete 4 level fortress in Sanctuary without removing all the fences and furniture already there. Also I was sorely disappointed that I couldn't put an arena underground in the Vault in Vault specific DLC. 

• 3 weeks later...

No, definitely not worth it. The content is definitely worth playing through, but nowhere near worth paying that much for. At half the price - maybe, but even then, the content that isn't Far Harbor/Nuka World is definitely stuff they should have just patched in. It's literally stuff they took from the PC modding community (where it was done much better imo) and repackaged to be sold off as original stuff for the base building thing.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These questions are always tough to answer.  What people find value in is always going to be subjective and divisive.  It helps getting the opinions of people that: 

1. Share a similar interest as you, i.e. video games.
  2. Have experience with whatever it is you seek an opinion on. but...

The problem lies in not knowing exactly what you find value in.  For example.  length of play, storytelling, game play, multiplayer, etc.  Some people have no problem spending $60 usd on a game that has a campaign of only 9 hours but has a multiplayer component that will last for a good long time.  Some will buy visual novels, with little to no game play, at launch for the story alone. It's really hard to say if something will be of value to you considering.  That being said:

According to https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=26729, Fallout 4's main story campaign takes about 25 1/2 hours to complete.  A completionist run about 149 hours. The game launched at $60 usd.

The season pass contains:

• Far Harbor with a main story running time of about 6 hours and a completionist run of about 20 hours.
  • Nuka World with a main story running time of about 11 hours and a completionist run of about 25 hours.

Then there are the other modes that add about another 4-8 game play hours.  So from a completionist standpoint you'd get about 50+ hours of additional game for $50 usd, about $10 for ever 10 hours.  I've paid more for shorter games.  

This is assuming you want more of the same game play after finishing the vanilla game.  It is, for all intents and purposes, the same game, just more of it. However, there is a lot of content  for what they are asking.  All of this is moot though as the GOTY edition is set to launch very soon.  So as others have said.  Wait for that.  If you can't then get the season pass.  It's worth it in my opinion.  

I bought each DLC piecemeal

Edited by angelgrievous

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As far as Season Passes go, if you can get it for a decent price (lets say under $25) then it's not a bad deal. While a good chunk of the content is pretty mediocre unless you are really into settlement-related things, the Far Harbor and Nuka World story DLC definitely add a pretty big chunk of content. Personally I thought Far Harbor was the better of the two, and Nuka World dragged more than necessary, but all in all they were long enough to justify spending $20 - $30 on. Definitely get it in a sale though, don't pay full price, that's just unnecessary these days.