Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

25 minutes ago, Simple Rick said:

Switch is going to replace the 3DS as Nintendo's handheld this year. You know, because the next main Pokémon game is on Switch. That means the Switch is now the new handheld, that's the rules.

Interesting you say that: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/02/kimishima_talks_nintendors_3ds_strategy_going_forward

I think you're ultimately correct though; the Switch is Nintendo's "flagship" handheld. But it seems they are at least for the time being, keeping the 3DS on as the budget handheld option, and also highlighting its existing library. A lot of people predicted that Nintendo would make a cheaper "handheld only" Switch for kids to buy, but I have always been skeptical of that (for one thing, it would stop being a "Switch." The 2DS is the same price as the SNES Classic, and the 2DS XL is 50% of the price of the Switch. It makes sense for Nintendo to keep making those systems as long as they keep selling. Sales will eventually drop off once Pokemon is on the Switch, but it still has some sales potential.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

On 1/29/2018 at 6:33 PM, Simple Rick said:

Welcome to the club, and enjoy!

Do you expect to use the Switch as a home or handheld console?

Both lol, depending the mood. Can't complain at all, we have so much liberty with it. Been playing Xenoblade on handheld system and Breath of the Wild on the TV.

8 hours ago, Simple Rick said:

Hi, I'm Billy. I don't have a Wii,Wii U or 3DS :)

Well, that is your choice not owning one, doesn't mean that everything should just be *placed* on the Switch just because.

Switch is going to replace the 3DS as Nintendo's handheld this year. You know, because the next main Pokémon game is on Switch. That means the Switch is now the new handheld, that's the rules.

Um no, just because Pokemon won't release one 3DS doesn't mean it will be obsolete. That's just an opinion.

Also, the Switch has a bigger screen with a better resolution, and makes it possible to play games on the television even.

Just because it has better resolution doesn't mean anything. If people perfer what they want that is all. Doesn't matter if it "can" play on the T.V. We had the 3DS for almost 7 years and still has new games releasing on it. It isn't going to die that quick. That also doesn't make since about "playing on tv" what the hell is the Wii and Wii U? You have the option to play on gamepad for Wii U but you *don't* have to and same for the Wii. 

Edited by Shiny Suicune

16 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I don't know about the Australian eShop, but here in the USA I can go on Nintendo.com, search for "Donkey Kong Country" and see which eShops it's on and how much it costs. So anyway, DKC1-3 are available on Wii U VC and also New Nintendo 3DS VC.

That's a great geek joke with your Xbox games library.

I have no interest in any Nintendo mobile games. The other day I introduced a coworker to nonograms, which he got hooked playing on his phone. The whole time I kept thinking "man, I can't wait to go back and play Picross S on my Switch, because I get to use buttons!" But, good for Nintendo I guess. If they do it justice, Mario Kart Phone Version will be a smash success.

Also, I'm not a "grown up" because I take my Switch to work. But yeah, the single greatest thing about portable systems is being able to play "on the throne!"

Not here dude. We don't have an online shop at all outside of the consoles. A friend was looking at buying a Switch the other day (got him a deal for $401 versus the 470 retail in the end) and he was checking out the US eShop online because that's the ONLY way we have to find out about games without actually looking on the console. That's how I found out about you guys having Space Dave.

Thank you, thank you very much.

I own 3 Xperia Plays, 3 bluetooth controllers, and a shitload of adapters, dongles, and cords to plug "proper" console controllers onto my phone, including a kickass grip for a PS4 DS4 with a clamp that plugs my phone onto it securely, great for the Remote Play app, which, for the record, runs way better on my phone than my Vita. So I'm fine with a mobile Mario Kart, because I'll be playing it the same way I play MK7 and 8 on the 2DS and Switch, with buttons while pooping. 

Poo!

14 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I find it interesting those that bring their Switch to work.  Granted, I'm not sure what kinds of jobs anyone has, but my brother brings his Switch with him and he works in an office environment (as I do).  Seems bizarre to me, I'd never consider it, but supposedly has his own office and a fair amount of downtime... so I guess it works for him. xD

I'm working in child care at the moment to stack up some extra dosh. I take mine pretty regularly for my breaks, at this point, I've played split screen Mario Kart with about half the people who work with me.

14 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I hate driving, lost gaming time or not.

Yes! 

I hate driving also. Like genuinely I never drive, I hate it so much. Once Caitlyn's eye operation happens later this year she can go back to driving and I need never take another bus!

10 hours ago, Simple Rick said:

Hi, I'm Billy. I don't have a Wii,Wii U or 3DS :)

Really? Not one of them? Go buy a 2DS whenever you get a decent sale, 100 bucks for a shiny new console and a copy of MK7 is kickass, not to mention the fact that most of the library is under 10 bucks now and there's some gems on there. I mean, the Switch shits all over it, obviously, but like, if you can find a cheap deal on the 2DS like I did, it's way more comfortable than it looks and it's a great little door stopper portable console.

2 hours ago, Shiny Suicune said:

Well, that is your choice not owning one, doesn't mean that everything should just be *placed* on the Switch just because.

Um no, just because Pokemon won't release one 3DS doesn't mean it will be obsolete. That's just an opinion.

Yes it should. Everything should be on everything, period. The more choices, the better.  Exclusives obviously I understand, but if I buy Nintendo's 2020 console and I wanna play a Nintendo game from 2003, if the 2020 is powerful enough to run it and it's appropriate (meaning it's not some stupid two screen console being dumped on a one screener), then yes, it *should* be put on there. Everything that can be put on something else, should be, going forward I mean, obviously. In an ideal setting, I would buy my PlayStation 28 and be able to shove in my copies of Spider-Man 2, Tony Hawk 3, Vice City, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 4, Gravity Rush, Killzone 3, etc. and life would be swell. 

Pokemon doesn't really interest me at all, and even I know that whatever console Nintendo puts Pokemon on, is their main interest. If it's not getting a new Pokemon, in Nintendo's eyes at least, it *is* obsolete.

11 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Interesting you say that: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/02/kimishima_talks_nintendors_3ds_strategy_going_forward

I think you're ultimately correct though; the Switch is Nintendo's "flagship" handheld. But it seems they are at least for the time being, keeping the 3DS on as the budget handheld option, and also highlighting its existing library. A lot of people predicted that Nintendo would make a cheaper "handheld only" Switch for kids to buy, but I have always been skeptical of that (for one thing, it would stop being a "Switch." The 2DS is the same price as the SNES Classic, and the 2DS XL is 50% of the price of the Switch. It makes sense for Nintendo to keep making those systems as long as they keep selling. Sales will eventually drop off once Pokemon is on the Switch, but it still has some sales potential.

It's "No the Switch certainly will not replace the Wii U, but starting now we won't make anything for the Wii U any more" Nintendo...

I think 3DS managed to survive alongside the Switch for a while because of its larger and more active install base, like how the PS3 managed to survive for a while next to the PS4 - the Wii U wasn't healthy so it was put down quickly. But it's in Nintendo's interest to lure that 3DS install base over to the Switch, which will take longer than with the Wii U because the 3DS is healthier. But it's going to happen. Perhaps not immediately after Pokémon (which was obviously a joke) but Pokémon being on Switch now is definitely the start. Things will slowly add to that, like the new Ace Attorney being on Switch instead of 3DS.

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Really? Not one of them? Go buy a 2DS whenever you get a decent sale, 100 bucks for a shiny new console and a copy of MK7 is kickass, not to mention the fact that most of the library is under 10 bucks now and there's some gems on there. I mean, the Switch shits all over it, obviously, but like, if you can find a cheap deal on the 2DS like I did, it's way more comfortable than it looks and it's a great little door stopper portable console.

I did own, at some point, a Wii, a 2DS, a 3DS, a 3DSXL. The Wii kept my interest the longest but it also went out when I got the Switch. The Switch is the ultimate handheld for me at this point in time, I don't need any others.

3 hours ago, Shiny Suicune said:

Just because it has better resolution doesn't mean anything. If people perfer what they want that is all. Doesn't matter if it "can" play on the T.V. We had the 3DS for almost 7 years and still has new games releasing on it. It isn't going to die that quick. That also doesn't make since about "playing on tv" what the hell is the Wii and Wii U? You have the option to play on gamepad for Wii U but you *don't* have to and same for the Wii. 

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Yes it should. Everything should be on everything, period. The more choices, the better.  Exclusives obviously I understand, but if I buy Nintendo's 2020 console and I wanna play a Nintendo game from 2003, if the 2020 is powerful enough to run it and it's appropriate (meaning it's not some stupid two screen console being dumped on a one screener), then yes, it *should* be put on there. Everything that can be put on something else, should be, going forward I mean, obviously. In an ideal setting, I would buy my PlayStation 28 and be able to shove in my copies of Spider-Man 2, Tony Hawk 3, Vice City, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 4, Gravity Rush, Killzone 3, etc. and life would be swell. 

Pokemon doesn't really interest me at all, and even I know that whatever console Nintendo puts Pokemon on, is their main interest. If it's not getting a new Pokemon, in Nintendo's eyes at least, it *is* obsolete.

@Shiny Suicune I don't see why you need to be so serious and offended as my post was clearly partly written in jest but, just like @Super-Fly Spider-Guy says, everything should be on everything. That you have a 3DS  doesn't mean you should be the only one to enjoy (S)NES titles on a current Nintendo console. Not everyone has had every Nintendo console, and not everyone who has had one still has them - I sold mine every time to make way for newer consoles.

With your reasoning, PS4 should miss most of its AAA exclusives since they qere on other consoles as well. No need for The Last Of Us Remastered, it was already on PS3! No need for Gravity Rush 1, it was already on Vita! People move on, and every one of the console companies understands that it's profitable to bring old games to the new console, because some people will rebuy and some people will not have (had) the older console. That's why we got Halo collection for X1, Uncharted collection for PS4, Mario Kart 8 for Switch and it is also why we eventually very likely will get a lot of VC titles on Switch that we've seen before.

For that matter, if your logic goes like that, I could say that they don't have to do N64/GC emulation since it's your own fault for not having the original console any more. The entire point of VC is that Nintendo understands not everyone keeps older consoles, so it makes perfect sense to rerelease VC titles that were kn Wii, Wii U and 3DS already.

Also, yes, Pokémon moving to Switch (provided 3DS wonget some kind of port, which it probably won't) is pretty much a huge indicator that the 3DS is becomjng obsolete. Pokémon is a huge (handheld) franchise for Nintendo and it's been stated before that there are people who never buy consoles, and only buy Nintendo handhelds to play Pokémon on them. Pokémon moving to Switch is a big indicator that it's the beginning of the end for 3DS, like Assassin's Creed Unjty and Batman Arkham Knight being new-gen only was the start of the end for X360 and PS3. New exclusives for new systems don't matter as much as established franchises moving on.

My "playing on tv" remark made sense because you focused on 3DS and you asked for N64/GC emulation. If you bring the Wii into the mix now, then what the hell is even your point? Because the Wii already had N64 VC titles and it could play EVERY Game Cube title through backwards compatibility.

5 hours ago, Simple Rick said:

It's "No the Switch certainly will not replace the Wii U, but starting now we won't make anything for the Wii U any more" Nintendo...

I think 3DS managed to survive alongside the Switch for a while because of its larger and more active install base, like how the PS3 managed to survive for a while next to the PS4 - the Wii U wasn't healthy so it was put down quickly. But it's in Nintendo's interest to lure that 3DS install base over to the Switch, which will take longer than with the Wii U because the 3DS is healthier. But it's going to happen. Perhaps not immediately after Pokémon (which was obviously a joke) but Pokémon being on Switch now is definitely the start. Things will slowly add to that, like the new Ace Attorney being on Switch instead of 3DS.

Yes, I do remember Nintendo saying that the NX was going to exist alongside the Wii U. Clearly the Switch was designed at a fairly early stage to be a Wii U replacement.

But the 3DS and Switch relationship is different. One aspect you did not mention, that I did in my comment, is price. There is no getting around the fact that the Switch is priced on par with a full blown console (which is what the Switch is, and a hybrid portable as well). The still-in-production 2DS and 3DS lines offer price points that have no competition right now. It would be foolish to underestimate just how appealing a $80 handheld is to a parent with young children. Many families do not have enough disposable income to buy each of their kids a Switch, but they can buy 3 2DS systems for a little less than the price of a single Switch, AND each 2DS comes pre-loaded with one of the big first party 2/3DS games. That is a huge value for parents. I am 37 but I have pre-teen siblings because my parents adopted late in life. My mom calls me up every few months, asking me if I know of any good deals on cheap portables. The cheapest new iPod Touch is $180-200. Parents don't want to drop that for something that might break within a year. It's pretty obvious that there is still an important market in the $80-100 range that Nintendo wants to maintain.

Now, Nintendo has a few options going forward. They can't keep making the 2/3DS line forever. They can keep it going for a bit longer with its strong existing library and occasional VC drops, but I don't think anyone really believes they will keep cranking out first-party mainline releases. Maybe they will drop another remake or two like Metroid Samus Returns or Mario&Luigi Superstar Saga. But I'm not counting on it.

As I mentioned, lots of people are predicting that Nintendo will make a "budget" version of the Switch that is portable only. Even if they go that route, that doesn't really address this price point. Removing the dock might drop the Switch down to $250, MAYBE 200 but unlikely. I also don't think that a smaller form factor version (e.g. 4" screen) of the Switch would cut costs much. Making it a one-piece unit with non-removable Joy-cons would drop it down further, but $100? Hard to imagine it getting that low.

However, I think it would be silly for Nintendo to make a successor to the 3DS in the next couple of years, that isn't compatible with the Switch. They should go all in on a unified platform. I don't know what they'll end up doing, but I think they definitely want to have a product that fits the "cheap portable" market.

@MosesRockefeller You make some good points (that are actually pretty in line with how I see things), and yeah I did read over the price thing.

Isn't the price thing mostly because the 3DS is older now, though? It started on $250 to the Switch's $300, not much of a difference there. So the point of the 3DS as a budget option is not much different from, say, an X360 Arcade compared to an X1 around a year after the X1's release.

Now, obviously me saying the 3DS is done because Pokémon is coming to the Switch was in jest, but Nintendo will phase out making new games for 3DS sooner rather than later - Pokémon, Ace Attorney, Picross, Fire Emblem... All series that are mostly handheld, and are coming to the Switch now, with no new entries for 3DS publicly announced.

Look, obviously Nintendo would be crazy to just cut off the 3DS right now, since it has such a large install base - and more importantly, people who still buy games for it. That just means we'll see a more regular slowdown of a couple of years, instead of the screeching halt that gave the Wii U a whiplash. The slowdown definitely already has begun though, visible with the handheld franchises who are one by one jumping ship.

23 minutes ago, Simple Rick said:

@MosesRockefeller You make some good points (that are actually pretty in line with how I see things), and yeah I did read over the price thing.

Isn't the price thing mostly because the 3DS is older now, though? It started on $250 to the Switch's $300, not much of a difference there. So the point of the 3DS as a budget option is not much different from, say, an X360 Arcade compared to an X1 around a year after the X1's release.

Now, obviously me saying the 3DS is done because Pokémon is coming to the Switch was in jest, but Nintendo will phase out making new games for 3DS sooner rather than later - Pokémon, Ace Attorney, Picross, Fire Emblem... All series that are mostly handheld, and are coming to the Switch now, with no new entries for 3DS publicly announced.

Look, obviously Nintendo would be crazy to just cut off the 3DS right now, since it has such a large install base - and more importantly, people who still buy games for it. That just means we'll see a more regular slowdown of a couple of years, instead of the screeching halt that gave the Wii U a whiplash. The slowdown definitely already has begun though, visible with the handheld franchises who are one by one jumping ship.

I don't remember how much the 3DS was when I bought it, but I think it was $200. Nintendo had to do a price cut before it was successful. Then they came out with the XL, the 2DS, and the "New" line of all three flavors.

And yeah, you're right that Nintendo is moving handheld franchises to the Switch, as they should. But I know the 2DS "budget option" for the 3DS line was very successful, and I think they'll try to do the same thing with the Switch. Whether that's a budget Switch or a new handheld that plays Switch games, who knows. I expect we'll see that at the same time that the 3DS family officially dies.

Right now, like you said, it's dying a slow death. Which is expected with a successful system after its lifetime has passed. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't have a 1:1 replacement yet. The Switch is much more expensive and won't be feasible for everyone with a cheap 2/3DS system.

I pre-ordered Portal Knights yesterday after seeing the trailer on Amazon :D! It comes out next Friday in the UK. Has anyone on here got it and if so, does anyone fancy playing online with me when I get it?

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
Didn't make much sense before.

I splurged this morning and bought a $50 eshop card, and so far I've bought Celeste and Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King. I browsed through the entire North American eshop, and with the remaining $15 I'm torn between getting Gorogoa, about which I've heard some great things, or Yono and the Celestial Elephants, about which I've heard almost nothing. Can anybody here help me make a decision?

I'm planning to move to other games now after playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 exclusively for 6 weeks (218 hours). Finished main story, most side quests and I'm missing only 6 rare blades. Amazing game. Wrote some of my impressions of it here, in case someone is interested (spoiler free).

Don't know what I'm going to play next on Switch. Maybe I'll get Golf Story at some point.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

I'm planning to move to other games now after playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 exclusively for 6 weeks (218 hours). Finished main story, most side quests and I'm missing only 6 rare blades. Amazing game. Wrote some of my impressions of it here, in case someone is interested (spoiler free).

Don't know what I'm going to play next on Switch. Maybe I'll get Golf Story at some point.

I'm also looking towards Golf Story, it looks amazing. I'm definitely getting it soon. 

Would anyone be able to recommend a good screen protector that you've used and would recommend? I'm in need of one, after reading about the Docking Horrors, but there's that many, that I don't know which one to get.

Also has anyone used any of the Analog Caps as I've seen some Mario ones and they look fantastic! I'd like to get them but I'm just wondering what there like or if they cause any problems in the long run or anything you'd think I need to know.

30 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Would anyone be able to recommend a good screen protector that you've used and would recommend? I'm in need of one, after reading about the Docking Horrors, but there's that many, that I don't know which one to get.

Also has anyone used any of the Analog Caps as I've seen some Mario ones and they look fantastic! I'd like to get them but I'm just wondering what there like or if they cause any problems in the long run or anything you'd think I need to know.

This is the screen protector I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3ASPNV/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I highly recommend it; it does the job, feels nice without inhibiting touchscreen responsiveness, and fits fine in the dock. It's also tempered glass so it protects better than the non-glass screen protectors. But like any screen protector, I advise putting it on slowly and making sure the screen is completely clean beforehand. I have a hair or something trapped under my screen but it's small and hasn't bothered me enough to try again. Thankfully that pack comes with 2 protectors so you can have a test run.

I have analog caps that came with my Zelda case, but I eventually took them off. I prefer the feel without caps on the Joy-cons or Pro Controller. I can't recommend anything there.

29 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

This is the screen protector I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3ASPNV/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I highly recommend it; it does the job, feels nice without inhibiting touchscreen responsiveness, and fits fine in the dock. It's also tempered glass so it protects better than the non-glass screen protectors. But like any screen protector, I advise putting it on slowly and making sure the screen is completely clean beforehand. I have a hair or something trapped under my screen but it's small and hasn't bothered me enough to try again. Thankfully that pack comes with 2 protectors so you can have a test run.

I have analog caps that came with my Zelda case, but I eventually took them off. I prefer the feel without caps on the Joy-cons or Pro Controller. I can't recommend anything there.

Thank you for the recommendation, I'll definitely look into it :)

Ah right okay, did they not feel very comfortable when you were using them or did you just not feel like they were needed at all? I'm really in the mood for jazzing up my Switch but I don't want to just randomly buy any old thing haha :).

16 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Ah right okay, did they not feel very comfortable when you were using them or did you just not feel like they were needed at all? I'm really in the mood for jazzing up my Switch but I don't want to just randomly buy any old thing haha :).

This is the case that I got, which included analog stick covers: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pdp-nintendo-switch-starter-kit-links-tunic-edition/5721101.p?skuId=5721101

The covers felt fine, but one day I noticed that there was a lot of dust in between the cracks (you can see they have gaps in the picture there). So I took them off to wipe off the sticks, and I decided not to put them back on. I guess it was a case of me feeling like I didn't need them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

This is the case that I got, which included analog stick covers: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pdp-nintendo-switch-starter-kit-links-tunic-edition/5721101.p?skuId=5721101

The covers felt fine, but one day I noticed that there was a lot of dust in between the cracks (you can see they have gaps in the picture there). So I took them off to wipe off the sticks, and I decided not to put them back on. I guess it was a case of me feeling like I didn't need them.

That's a lovely case! I love the Joy-Con rubber casing! :) 

Ah right okay, thank you. I'll probably leave them then until later on in the year or something like that. Thanks for your help & recommendations :).

Honestly, why is the mobile app headset thing getting so much attention? That's nothing compared to what you need to do to just play Gear.Club on your own. First you have to buy the game, which is like, whatever, but then you gotta plug in earbuds for the car noise (not provided by the way, so that's an additional cost) and then you have to plug in headphones to wear over the earbuds (more cost) into your phone or computer or something else (again, so much money right now) and to top it off, you have to go onto YouTube or whatever and get a bunch of music playing through the headphones over the earbuds, because they neglected to include a soundtrack at launch. Like, come on Nintendo. 

In other news, I did that the other day and it was sweet, but on like the third song of my choosing, I got too into the song and ended up playing Guitar Hero with the bub for an hour or so. Anywho

I think it was you, @Simple Rick, who was looking at Riptide Renegade or whatever they call it. It's on Game Pass as of a few days ago, I'm about a fifth of the way through it or so and it's the MotorStorm Apocalypse of this series, to me anyway. It's the third main one, like Apoc. It's set in an apocalypse, like Apoc. And it's also by far the most refined and fun entry in the series at this point, like Apoc. The half price sale is long over unfortunately, but if it pops up again, I would definitely say pull the trigger on this one. I enjoyed number two a good deal, but Renegade just feels more mature, refined, whatever. It's just a proper good jetski game in a world where we have too few water based racers now. #BringHydroThunderToSwitch

21 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

That's a lovely case! I love the Joy-Con rubber casing! :) 

Ah right okay, thank you. I'll probably leave them then until later on in the year or something like that. Thanks for your help & recommendations :).

The Joy-con covers are actually plastic. I only used them once or twice. I guess they're fine but I almost always play in Handheld Mode and didn't see the point.

The package comes with a screen protector too, but it's one of the cheap soft film ones. I find tempered glass to be far superior... if I'm not using that, I don't use anything.

The only part of that package I actually use is the main Switch case itself. I got it when the Switch first released, and it's still fine, although the bottom white part has gotten discolored and a little creased and worn.

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

The Joy-con covers are actually plastic. I only used them once or twice. I guess they're fine but I almost always play in Handheld Mode and didn't see the point.

The package comes with a screen protector too, but it's one of the cheap soft film ones. I find tempered glass to be far superior... if I'm not using that, I don't use anything.

The only part of that package I actually use is the main Switch case itself. I got it when the Switch first released, and it's still fine, although the bottom white part has gotten discolored and a little creased and worn.

Oh right, my mistake :facepalm:. Yeah, they do seem a little pointless if you mainly play Handheld Mode as you can't really damage them while they are attached to the console.

Yeah, I agree with that. I find the film ones to be really flimsy and just end up looking awful after a while anyway and I love the feel and shine of a tempered glass one as they just look sturdy and ready for some major playing, if you get what I mean.

I got a basic case for my Switch and it's a hard-case one with elastic straps inside to keep it in it's little home. It's also got a pocket on the top part of the case which is for your accessories for the Switch but I'm not putting anything in it until I've got my screen protector on the Switch as they touch the Switch screen and I don't want it scratched.

Y'all seen that supposed Bandai guy's supposed resume supposedly?

Ridge Racer 8 exclusive to Switch, begged for it the other day, now it's coming, supposedly.

I'm gonna go beg for Spider-Man 4 tonight, as per usual, and if it gets leaked soon, well, I'm God.

Great news for Harvest Moon or farming fans, the new Harvest Moon game, Harvest Moon: Light of Hope, has got a rough release window as of yesterday! It's coming in May. 

Source - http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/02/harvest_moon_light_of_hope_special_edition_arrives_on_switch_this_may

I'm super excited for this as it looks like it's going back to the roots of Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade which are my favourite Harvest Moon games ^_^