Kill Your Completion v3. 0

On May 5, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Myu said:

Operation Babel will be released in a few days and I'll probably momentarily stop trying to get my completion rate back as I make my way through this much awaited game.

I am eagerly awaiting this as well. It's the only Vita game that I have ever pre-ordered.  Once it shows up it will be a hard choice on starting it right away or finishing Stranger of Sword City first as I finally got my hands on a copy at a reasonable price and I am enjoying it a lot.

Edited by Kevvik

26 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

I am eagerly awaiting this as well. It's the only Vita game that I have ever pre-ordered.  Once it shows up it will be a hard choice on starting it right away or finishing Stranger of Sword City first as I finally got my hands on a copy at a reasonable price and I am enjoying it a lot.

I have not started anything too major for this very reason. I didn't want to have to choose between Persona 5 or the latest Atelier and Operation Babel. :P 

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

@Hemiak was the next installment of KYC to be held in June or July? I feel it's been mentioned before, but I haven't been able to find it on the last few pages.

July was the estimated start date. We've had people say they'd be busy in both June and July, and July fits with the current 4 month time frame we've been using. I may or may not go to a 3 month time table after that. 

48 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

July was the estimated start date. We've had people say they'd be busy in both June and July, and July fits with the current 4 month time frame we've been using. I may or may not go to a 3 month time table after that. 

Alrighty, cheers for clearing that up. I vaguely remember June being sort of a busy month for a lot of people. Guess that gives me time to try and get my completion at least back up a little bit.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

1. InFAMOUS 1
  2. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum
  3. Dragon Age: Origins
  4. Tales of Zestiria
  5. El Shaddai 
  6. Terraria (Vita) - :platinum: November 30, 2016
  7. Atelier Meruru - :platinum: May 26, 2017
  8. Watch Dogs
  9. Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - :platinum: December 26, 2016
  10. Okami HD - :platinum: April 1, 2017

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 3

@voodoo_eyes I was thinking about buying Slain: Back from Hell in the current flash sale when I remembered that you played the game during the last KYC. IIRC, you seemed to enjoy the game but have your thoughts changed, played anymore of the game since the event, or have any additional info that wasn't in your posts? The game looks interesting but it also looks like a game that I could either love or completely hate. Trying to get some more info before deciding. Thanks. 

7 hours ago, MStalker58 said:

@voodoo_eyes I was thinking about buying Slain: Back from Hell in the current flash sale when I remembered that you played the game during the last KYC. IIRC, you seemed to enjoy the game but have your thoughts changed, played anymore of the game since the event, or have any additional info that wasn't in your posts? The game looks interesting but it also looks like a game that I could either love or completely hate. Trying to get some more info before deciding. Thanks. 

I haven't played any more of it, but yeah I liked Slain quite a bit. If you enjoyed the first bunch of Castlevania games, it's likely that you'll enjoy this as wells. Its more linear than those games, has a lot of platforming, a mostly darkish aesthetic and seems fairly short overall.though. I paid 6 bucks for it and think it's worth that money.

I could offer to share play the game (would need to read up on how that works, as I haven't given it much thought) so you could try it out, but the time difference during the week could be an issue in that regard as my console needs to be on for that to work.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I continued playing Final Fantasy VII for a while, got to the snowy bits and just can't be arsed with the game any more. Most of it just annoys me and I'm getting fuck all enjoyment out of it.

I find it sweet irony - Final Fantasy VII was the bee's knees back when it came out and many people still call it their fave, so it's amusing when someone says they don't enjoy it. :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lars said:

I would like to join the event that starts in July, should i post my list here or will there be another thread?

Fun idea, looking forward in participating

Thanks for your interest man. 

I'll post a new thread sometime  during the last week of June. I'll post about it here as well as putting the link in a status update. 

Feel free to join in the discussion here or talk about your games. Most of the old timers will start posting possible games and even asking for advice as we approach the start date. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

I find it sweet irony - Final Fantasy VII was the bee's knees back when it came out and many people still call it their fave, so it's amusing when someone says they don't enjoy it. :D

I really think a lot has to do with nostalgia. I wouldn't be surprised, if others who played it for the first time now wouldn't find it all that appealing either. Personally I don't think it aged well in any regard. I'm actually curious to see how much I'd like the remake.

3 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I really think a lot has to do with nostalgia. I wouldn't be surprised, if others who played it for the first time now wouldn't find it all that appealing either. Personally I don't think it aged well in any regard. I'm actually curious to see how much I'd like the remake.

From what I have seen, the remake will draw off of FFXV a lot so it'll get a lot of fans. As long as they keep Yuffie, I'll be pleased. :)

3 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I'm pretty sure @Beyondthegrave07 played it for the first time not too long ago, and highly enjoyed it. Just depends on the player, like any game. I've played PS1/PS2 games in the past few years for the very first time. Some I thought were great(the Hitmans, God of War games, Sly Cooper series, the first Jak & Daxter), and others made me want to drive a fork into my eye(Manhunt, The Mark of Kri/Rise of the Kasai, and Munch's Oddysee).

13 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I haven't played any more of it, but yeah I liked Slain quite a bit. If you enjoyed the first bunch of Castlevania games, it's likely that you'll enjoy this as wells. Its more linear than those games, has a lot of platforming, a mostly darkish aesthetic and seems fairly short overall.though. I paid 6 bucks for it and think it's worth that money.

I could offer to share play the game (would need to read up on how that works, as I haven't given it much thought) so you could try it out, but the time difference during the week could be an issue in that regard as my console needs to be on for that to work.

Thanks for the offer but no need for all that. I was just curious if your thoughts had changed or anything. After re-reading your posts and watching some gameplay videos I decided to buy it. I enjoyed the early Castlevania games and stuff like Ghosts 'n Goblins so I'm sure that I can at least get $5 worth of fun out of it. Thanks for the info.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MStalker58 said:

Thanks for the offer but no need for all that. I was just curious if your thoughts had changed or anything. After re-reading your posts and watching some gameplay videos I decided to buy it. I enjoyed the early Castlevania games and stuff like Ghosts 'n Goblins so I'm sure that I can at least get $5 worth of fun out of it. Thanks for the info.

I'm willing to bet, that you'll enjoy it more than Munch's Oddysee at least :P.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

I'm pretty sure @Beyondthegrave07 played it for the first time not too long ago, and highly enjoyed it. Just depends on the player, like any game. I've played PS1/PS2 games in the past few years for the very first time. Some I thought were great(the Hitmans, God of War games, Sly Cooper series, the first Jak & Daxter), and others made me want to drive a fork into my eye(Manhunt, The Mark of Kri/Rise of the Kasai, and Munch's Oddysee).

3 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

DamagingRob is correct. I played this game for the first time this year and I would probably put it in my Top 10, maybe even top 5 games of all time.

The materia system was an interesting twist to the typical FF game. I love strategy games that allow you to create your own tactics to beat the game, and it could be 100% different than how someone else beat it. I love trying out new characters and new strategies to beat bosses. It gives you that satisfaction of "Yeah, I did this!" I gave every character a chance and enjoyed using each one.

The story was fantastic and is still very relatable to today. People can complain about the graphics, but I thought it looked cool because it reminded me of toys. As if someone grabbed Cloud and the crew out of a toy chest. Not appealing to everyone, but definitely appealing to me.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2017 at 10:07 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

Good progress from everyone. I've been doing the opposite :lol:.

I still haven't recovered even remotely from my completion loss (it's even lower than it was  after finishing this event).

Ha! I'm still not even close to breaking even yet. I wanted to wait til I was only down by 1% before posting an update but it doesn't look like that will happen soon. I'm still trying to dig out from the mountain of trophies from AC4, Borderlands, and Talos... maybe I'll do one later tonight.

As for the next kyc, Hem, are we still doing KYC lite in july? With vacation right in the middle of the month, no easy I can do 10 full games. 

12 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I'll post a new thread sometime  during the last week of June. I'll post about it here as well as putting the link in a status update. 

Feel free to join in the discussion here or talk about your games. Most of the old timers will start posting possible games and even asking for advice as we approach the start date. 

Can you message me when the thread is online?? ;)

• Like 1

Well, I haven't played any more KYC games since obtaining the platinum in This War Of Mine but I did get my completion percentage back up to pre-KYC2 levels...

Too bad @Hemiak that you're keeping to July because I'm busy then but it's the logical choice. I'll be back for KYC5 then!

Alternatively, I could use June as my own KYC month and post all of my updates on the first day of July... Hmmmmmm... :hmm:

Alternatively alternatively, wow... how about doing a KYC for two months, both June and July? Then people could pick either month to participate in, or spread out their KYC gaming over the two months and play something else in between... I'm guessing that either of June/July/August, many people are busy because of exams, holidays and/or an extra work load thanks to colleagues being on holiday... it's all three for me in those three months actually.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

DamagingRob is correct. I played this game for the first time this year and I would probably put it in my Top 10, maybe even top 5 games of all time.

The materia system was an interesting twist to the typical FF game. I love strategy games that allow you to create your own tactics to beat the game, and it could be 100% different than how someone else beat it. I love trying out new characters and new strategies to beat bosses. It gives you that satisfaction of "Yeah, I did this!" I gave every character a chance and enjoyed using each one.

The story was fantastic and is still very relatable to today. People can complain about the graphics, but I thought it looked cool because it reminded me of toys. As if someone grabbed Cloud and the crew out of a toy chest. Not appealing to everyone, but definitely appealing to me.

I found the story sub-par, at least up to the point I played. The materia system I thought was an interesting idea which wasn't well implemented (I had a couple of situations where I couldn't beat an enemy because I didn't have specific materia equipped which to me is bad design). The mini games I utterly despised and the map navigation was beyond annoying to me.

When I think back to what RPGs I played around the time FF VII came out (Fallout 1 + 2, DIablo, Baldur`s Gate, Might and Magic VI, Return to Krondor), it turns out that I felt any of those games were superior in most aspects, not to mention more enjoyable. Maybe it's because I'm used to western RPGs, but then again I have played several JRPGs in recent years, and I enjoyed any of them more than I did FF VII.

It might come down to personal preferences to an extent, but I still think FF VII is generally a tough sell to someone who hasn't played any of the older FF games before.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Thanks for replying,

I'll post my games list here then as well as in the other thread.

My games are:

Ac Unity

Battlefield 1

Far Cry Primal

Hard Reset Redux

Hitman

Homefront: The Revolution

Mafia 3

Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare 1

Shadow Warrior

Shadwen

I'm still doubting about plants vs zombies, because it is an older game with mp. I don't know how active the servers are and i maybe want to start it earlier then that to try to get as much mp done as possible.

I think the list is a good mix of games and i look forward to trying them

• Like 2