Downtime & Data Loss :(

Sly Ripper

Sorry to bother you but are things still being fixed because my trophy card still isn't showing but all my friends cards are. Is it a case of just waiting a bit more or do I need to resubmit my PSN ID. (I only joined a couple of weeks a go if that helps)

Just manually update your profile.

I hope everything gets back to normal soon, thanks for your hard work Sly and all the staff.

At least Sly and his team fixed it before the end of the world^^

As much as the team would like to take credit for getting things back up and running, we had sweet fa to do with it. Your Uncle Sly brought it all back with his own fair hands. Actually... scratch that... Sly was motivated to get things back up and running because he missed Eburk and I so much... that sounds good, we'll go with that!

And about leaderboards - will u fix them? Cause before crash there were 8k cheaters removed and now there is only 6.5k of 'em.

Leaderboards / missing games and the such like is all being recovered in the background. Please people, wait until Sly confirms that the recovery is complete before posting about what is or isn't available. He's one man, who's done a lot to get things back to this more than workable state, who also has a life outside of PSNP. (He runs a cat rescue centre, and you know how busy those places get at this time of year.) You should all go buy him a Christmas present.

Be patient, normal service is just around the corner.

Love, hugs and Christmas snogs (No mistletoe required)

AF

PS: I might have lied about the cat rescue centre.

• Like 3

Nice to see the site back online again!

However, not to be rude or anything, but on PSNProfiles Twitter so did you say it was a "HDD failure in the RAID array" (

).

A RAID array, if setup correctly, shouldn't cause data loss if one HDD does fail (that's the purpose of having a RAID array). So why was it data loss? Is it more to this story that we don't know?

As I said, not to be rude, I'm only curious. And I'm happy to see the site back online again!

Since the site is from a backup 6 weeks ago, and the forums is from a backup from last week, so does it seems you now have 5 weeks of duplicate game forums.

In other words, games that are added again to the site will get a game forum, which already exists, creating duplicates.

EDIT: Examples

Travel Bug (old, with posts) - https://psnprofiles.com/forums/forum/1710-travel-bug/

Travel Bug (new, no posts, linked from the game trophy page) - https://psnprofiles.com/forums/forum/1735-travel-bug/

Edited by Ragowit

Since the site is from a backup 6 weeks ago, and the forums is from a backup from last week, so does it seems you now have 5 weeks of duplicate game forums.

In other words, games that are added again to the site will get a game forum, which already exists, creating duplicates.

I know, I'll fix it after all the games are added.

• Like 1

EDIT: Examples

Travel Bug (old, with posts) - http://psnprofiles.c...710-travel-bug/

Travel Bug (new, no posts, linked from the game trophy page) - http://psnprofiles.c...735-travel-bug/

tumblr_m2yfy2Ke4I1rs311go2_500.jpg