LittleBigPlanet Platinum??

Nikola

I'm considering getting the platinum for all the LittleBigPlanet games. I mean the first game is 8.5 years old and came out when I was a kid. Now it's 2017, there's a brand new console generation and I'm an adult. So I worry if it's even possible to achieve these days.

Dont know why I was never interested in the series earlier and I don't know why I'm extremely drawn to it these days.

I know series is very online and coop heavy and that could pose a problem.

Should I even attempt it?

Edited by nikstan305
  • Like 1

It's not late, you can still get all of the platinums in the series. All of the servers (bar those in Japan) are still on, even though LittleBigPlanet Karting was supposed to go off a few months ago and still hasn't. If anything, this is as good a time as any to do so before the time they eventually do go offline. A lot of time getting the platinum is spent in co-op and in the online parts of the game, yes, but they are all still perfectly doable, especially with gaming sessions. The only thing that may be an issue outside of those are the delisted MARVEL DLCs from the vita version of LittleBigPlanet, but I've heard of there being an alternative to this. 

If you're thinking about attempting completion of the series, you can still go for it!

• Like 1

Thank you all who replied. You've all given me so much inspiration to platinum the LittleBigPlanet series. I've given it thought and I know the servers are most likely going to come to a close especially since Media Molecule is releasing their new IP. 

You'll be seeing a lot of LittleBigPlanet gaming sessions from me this year. Feel free to join or to help in anyway you can. This is the final chance to anyone who wants to get the LittleBigPlanet Platinums excluding the most recent entry on the PS4.  :coffee:

25 minutes ago, nikstan305 said:

Thank you all who replied. You've all given me so much inspiration to platinum the LittleBigPlanet series. I've given it thought and I know the servers are most likely going to come to a close especially since Media Molecule is releasing their new IP. 

You'll be seeing a lot of LittleBigPlanet gaming sessions from me this year. Feel free to join or to help in anyway you can. This is the final chance to anyone who wants to get the LittleBigPlanet Platinums excluding the most recent entry on the PS4.  :coffee:

When you are playing LBP Vita just send me a friendrequest, we can do all the two player trophies and also get the price bubbles where are two players needed and search someone for the 4 player online match trophy aswell.

Still need those and hopefully get the 50 people playing my level someday aswell.

Edited by Yoey_666
  • Like 1

There is one trophy in LBP2 and Vita that makes me question if it's still possible though. 

I'm talking about the "50 unique plays" trophy which requires you to get 50 different people to play your level. Pretty much every P4P thread looks dead and to me it seems like barely anyone still plays new levels anymore. 

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I feel like it could take months.

• Like 1

I loved the two first LBP games. First was great, and the second made it even better. I don't have the same feelings for the third game. It's totally worth going for, but it will require some online help. I'm guessing if you meet some seasoned players online in the game, get in touch with them and they can help you with the trophies. There's a trophy for getting hearts and plays etc, but eh, worst case scenario, you can make a lot of PSN users and heart your own level etc, but would be better to get some help from other people in the same situation, and there should be places to find people for that. I remember back in the day, you could search for "H4H" levels. If you sort them by time, the most recent first ofc, then you can find people who need hearts, you just hear their levels, send them a PM and they will heart your levels back. Do it yourself too, and you'll get a decent amount of it.

There are some few collectibles that require multiple players, but there aren't that many, and it's rather easy to do once you find some people. Most require 1 extra player, but there are some that needs 2 or 3, and even some I think that you're supposed to require 3 extra players, but you can do with less. ;p

• Like 1

On 2017-03-16 at 8:52 AM, nikstan305 said:

Feel free to add me as well. I have all the LittleBigPlanet games. I too was thinking of going back and getting all the plats :D

• Like 1

You could still attempt it but you should definitely get LittleBigPlanet: Karting out of the way first then. Just keep us posted whether you're starting the games or not; I can play and heart you LBP1, LBP2 and LBP: Vita levels to get you closer to the trophies.

• Like 1

I love this community, everyone is willing to work together to achieve a common goal.

I bought all the PS3 Games, should be receiving Them at the start of April. I'll purchase the Vita game in a couple of weeks from now.

Looking forward to playing with you guys and helping you guys out. <3 

• Like 2

I'm very much interested in the LBP series too! I started LBP1 a long time ago and didn't really care for it. But ever since I decided to complete it, my opinion about the series has changed. I'm finally close to completing LBP1 and plan to get LBP2 and LBP3 soon.

I am slightly put off by the "50 unique plays" trophy in LBP2 but it should be doable. I also want to invest in a Vita. So do hit me up if you are planning to do the series :)

• Like 1

I had no problems getting the 50 plays in LBP 1-2 and Vita by creating a versus level that drops players onto the scoreboard and name the level "25 Online Versus Wins 1 Second Level"

Really fun games. Played 3 on PS4 and thought it was great. Just need to put about 17 more hours into LBP2 level creator and I'll have the plats for 1-3 and Vita. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I had no problems getting the 50 plays in LBP 1-2 and Vita by creating a versus level that drops players onto the scoreboard and name the level "25 Online Versus Wins 1 Second Level"

Really fun games. Played 3 on PS4 and thought it was great. Just need to put about 17 more hours into LBP2 level creator and I'll have the plats for 1-3 and Vita. 

Thanks for the tip!!

• 2 months later...

The servers are very terrible. Trial and Error is key.

As far as I'm aware only the Japan servers have closed down if I remember correctly. But I know for a fact that the UK and Australian versions still have servers up.