Removal from leaderboard

skroq

1 minute ago, madbuk said:

So sorry about caring for the integrity of our digital clipart on a website devoted to the digital clipart.

How foolish of us all! Shall we all start discussing cooking instead?

Cooking is a grand hobby. I've always been interested in taking up cooking. There's only one person in the household with those skills, you see, and she's getting ready to return to school. So I thought it'd be considerate to take on a bit of the cooking workload when that happens. So I've been interested in sharing recipes, techniques, etc, with people interested in cooking as well. I'll send you a PM, I'm sure we'll have much to discuss. Better yet, we could do lunch.

Or if cooking's not up your alley, we could talk at length about science fiction novels. I'm knee deep in this books series about this character who is like a female, space-faring Horatio Nelson. Except for the cartoonish bad guys, the read is pretty rousing. The author was going for a science fiction take on C.S. Forester's material, you know, the character Horatio Hornblower. I personally think he nailed it. Kind of verbose on the technical details though....Hit me up on PM, we'll talk.

1 minute ago, Sly Ripper said:

Teams cannot be proven.

I've already said I'll implement a hard limit which will stop a user being able to hide too many games and appear on the leaderboard again.

I am all for this action. A quick question will that limit be announced to all members or just the mods?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

Teams cannot be proven.

I've already said I'll implement a hard limit which will stop a user being able to hide too many games and appear on the leaderboard again.

Good idea... other sites have it as 50 trophies hidden or 3 games... either case german would then get removed bc he has hit both criteria... he had 4 games flagged due to hacking but has only hidden 2 of them. either way it's more than 50 trophies lol.

Just now, Sly Ripper said:

Teams cannot be proven.

Teams can't be proven, correct. But the ability to get trophies on numerous games within seconds isn't happening all by yourself. Yes you can play consoles simultaneously but not to the extent of his trophies. It's not simple telltale games that he's getting trophies so close to eachother in either. 

As as for the hard limit i think that's a great decision. But can you seperate games hidden because they're hacked and games hidden because we simply want them to be in some sort of way? thag would clear a lot of things up.

2 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

Teams cannot be proven.

It's slightly different to say teams aren't cheating and teams can't be proven. I understand, and agree, that it might not be enforceable in any realistic, fair, way but I do think teams violate the spirit of the leaderboards. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PViddy said:

Good idea... other sites have it as 50 trophies hidden or 3 games... either case german would then get removed bc he has hit both criteria... he had 4 games flagged due to hacking but has only hidden 2 of them. either way it's more than 50 trophies lol.

That's kind of harsh, don't you think? What if the completionists gave up on a plat a few times and then hid them from their profile because they don't want uncompleted games on their profile?

EDIT: I might have misunderstood this... :facepalm:

Edited by gameoncomrade

Just now, NathanielJohn said:

Can people stop throwing out the baseless accusations of Sly/PSNP being paid off by cheaters?

It's one thing to call GermanProGaming a cheater -- evidence has been posted. It's something else entirely to accuse Sly taking bribes based on nothing more than the fact that you disagree with him. That's a very serious accusation, and if you can't back it up with something tangible, then you shouldn't be saying it.

I agree. Sly is trying to do what's best for the website. Doesn't deserve such accusations.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GermanProGaming1 said:

Unhidde the Year and we will see your Lie.

This whole situation is just stupid, yeah maybe you're not breaking the site rules. And you have "glitched" games (most likely hacked). 

Etically it's for fair play.

You're spenning possibly 100.000$ for some virtual numbers, what are you trying to achive??

Where has the fun of playing the game, and the challange of earning the trophies yourself gone?

I understand more clearly why OP wants to be removed, hopefully it wouldn't happend, atleast OP deserves them.

6 minutes ago, PViddy said:

We adjust a user's stats as if they never had those hidden trophies so I see no reason to remove someone's rank because of that, they'll just get a lower rank.

Edit: We'll allow 2 manually flagged games, 3 and you're permanently unranked (unless proven legit).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MikeKeese said:

Rule should be any hidden trophies, you're gone. Simple as that. No reason to ever hide a game.

I can't agree with this. I don't have any hidden trophies, but my PSN name is essentially my real name, and until Sony gives us the option of changing that I'd like to have the *option* of some privacy with what games I play and when I play them. It could be as someone taking a day off work to play video games and not wanting someone else being able to find out about that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sly Ripper said:

We adjust a user's stats as if they never had those hidden trophies so I see no reason to remove someone's rank because of that, they'll just get a lower rank.

I think we'll allow 3 flagged games (a lot of people have FUEL and SOCOM from back in the day which are auto flagged), any more and you'll remain unranked.

I think 3 is fair.  I know a lot of people hacked FUEL and SOCOM way back in the day before we even knew what trophies would become.  

3 minutes ago, gameoncomrade said:

That's kind of harsh, don't you think? What if the completionists gave up on a plat a few times and then hid them from their profile because they don't want uncompleted games on their profile?

Well to be fair there isn't a point to hide trophies... Sony implementing that on their end was just retarded... If you are a completionist and don't want to finish it and you choose to hide it then you can't be called a completionist. Hiding trophies doesn't remove them from your account nor does it show you are a completionist. I have a shit ton of games that are unplattable on my account and I hate it but you don't see me hiding what I have earned. it just doesn't make sense to do so.

5 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

I agree. Sly is trying to do what's best for the website. Doesn't deserve such accusations.

I agree with this as well, if sly were being paid he never would have forced Germans hand by hiding the trophies in the first place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr-Of-TacTicZz said:

Teams can be proven in fact here is prove so ban this account rigth now!

What does that image prove? I don't see it... :S

Edited by Ric
typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NathanielJohn said:

I can't agree with this. I don't have any hidden trophies, but my PSN name is essentially my real name, and until Sony gives us the option of changing that I'd like to have the *option* of some privacy with what games I play and when I play them. It could be as someone taking a day off work to play video games and not wanting someone else being able to find out about that.

Play on a sub account then. you really think your boss is saying "oh let's look at psnp to see if he used his time he earned off to play video games"?

Just now, PViddy said:

Well to be fair there isn't a point to hide trophies... Sony implementing that on their end was just retarded... If you are a completionist and don't want to finish it and you choose to hide it then you can't be called a completionist. Hiding trophies doesn't remove them from your account nor does it show you are a completionist. I have a shit ton of games that are unplattable on my account and I hate it but you don't see me hiding what I have earned. it just doesn't make sense to do so.

Well, there are completionists and then there are those who wants to look like completionists. Are you following me or am I talking nuts here?

3 minutes ago, MikeKeese said:

Rule should be any hidden trophies, you're gone. Simple as that. No reason to ever hide a game.

I think that's overkill. A few days ago I tried hiding a few games because my PS3 disk reader broke and until I get it fixed or replaced I cant' even play a number of games so I hid them. I unhid them after thinking people might assume I had hacked games but by your rule I'd already be gone! Seems a little extreme to me.