Rarity Leaderboard

1 hour ago, DeepEyes7 said:

You could be right, but still the number of "easy" URs is a finite number, like at the beginning of trophy hunting that there were some easy plats like Hannah Montana, Terminator Salvation and some "kids" games, but that was all, you could get 10-15 easy plats and nothing more (no stacks, regions, platforms, nothing...) you had to wait until the next animated movie to have another one, now you get 10-20 ultra easy plats every week and they keep coming, and still when people start going for those easy URs most of them will stop being URs anymore...

this is correct snd gaming companies really don't have a lot of control over producing games with ultra rare trophies like they do easy ratalaka stacks.  Aside from this even most of the easy ultra rare require a grind which would be  a bit of a deterrent.  also, with the proposed set up for a rarity leaderboard different rarities were assigned different values.  Sub 1% tropjhies are worth quite a bit more than 5% trophies and so forth all the way unto 50%.  As a matter of fact people like hakoom with a lot of trophies as well as UR's would be up near the top still.  the current 1st place guy though who completely whored out his account with absolutely no UR's and a low level of completion just to catch hakoom in half the time would probably not be near the top.  The argument that we shouldn't have a 2nd leaderboard because come people might get some easy UR's is a bit hypocritical of a argument for these guys at the top of the current leaderboard.

24 minutes ago, Shorah- said:

Also i'm afraid UR Leaderboard would be filled with people buying, trading UR from speedrunners or top tier players.

perhaps like many of the people atop the leaderboards now that have team accounts and pay people to do games for them?  That's ok though no worries there.  There is no defense or reasoning why we can't have two leaderboards. people are making the mistake of thinking only UR's would count and this isn't the case all trophies up to 50% would have value.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

Leaderboards have always been a function who had the most time number one (and fewest outside interests) and money (number two).  EZPZ plats did not change it, just made it more pronounced.  

If someone games 12-16 hours a day, they will rise towards the top of the leaderboard as people with more balanced lifestyles have no interest in doing that.  Leaderboards have never been a measure of gaming prowess, only a function of gaming dedication (time spent).  All the people bashing EZPZ’s seem to overlook that.

That said, a rarity leaderboard would be welcomed.

Here is the one from psntrophyleaders as an example.  I check it at #55 in the world lol.
https://(URL not allowed)/leaderboard/rare_trophy/2

3 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

the people atop the leaderboards now that have team accounts and pay people to do games for them?

If they play garbage games as a team, who cares.

But i would be pissed if people gets to contact speedrunners and buy trophies that took me a lot of effort to get.

Just now, Shorah- said:

But i would be pissed if people gets to contact speedrunners and buy trophies that took me a lot of effort to get.

well we should just forget then if it might piss you off.  Damn.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Shorah- said:

That wont be too common either because it would already have happened before all the easy plats boom, when rarity worth something...

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

I'd say judging from your list you are extremely biased. I can understand you've spent much time playing easy games so you wouldn't want the current formula to go out the door but why not have both?  Your argument is that there are easy ur's people would be hoarding.  Really?  and here you are hoarding ratalaka stacks.  I don't get your logic.  The current leaderboard incorporates the formula from the beginning of trophy hunting days.  Nobody knew then that these easy 5 minute game would take over.  the system is outdated and flawed and caters to a vast minority of people willing to fill there day playing shit games to chase outdated leaderboard.  It would  be possible to have two leaderboards playstation trophy leaders does something very similar.  also how would you now how easy they are you only have 250 or less of them after playing 3500 games.

the people who make the ur are much less numerous, too funny to see messages like yours which take 
for pgm because they make the ur 
ur exist only because 99% of players don't care about trophies
stop believing yourself better or stronger because you are not doing anything exceptional
and don't worry about me if one day i want to be in the top rarity leaderbord i would be

3 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Ultra Rares in this site are calculated with the number of people that have their profiles updated in this site and have played that game, not the overall number of players worldwide that have loaded it, and people that have his profile updated here surely care about trophies so that 99% thing that you say is bullshit, yeah some people by curiosity maybe some day put his profile here, or a guy wanted to see how his friend that doesnt care about trophies was doing so updated his profile here, so saying that 100% of profiles here care about trophies isn't real either, but 1%? ffs...

Nobody cares about URs with the PSN statistics, we are talking only about the PSNP ones.

"stop believing yourself better or stronger because you are not doing anything exceptional"

People doesn't believe that is stronger or better because have an UR trophy, that's just your insecurity, people just want a LB were they can compete again after the bastardization that ezpz plats bring to the actual LB....

you just have to go back the messages to see that most of the messages make the general pass for shit
so stop talking about general and easy games and focus on your raity leaderboard...
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ViensDanser said:

the people who make the ur are much less numerous, too funny to see messages like yours which take 
for pgm because they make the ur 
ur exist only because 99% of players don't care about trophies
stop believing yourself better or stronger because you are not doing anything exceptional
and don't worry about me if one day i want to be in the top rarity leaderbord i would be

Well i get that im not doing anything exceptional none of us are but you're actually completely wasting your time nobody impressed with you except yourself. Like i said before it's like hoarding you collect stuff all day and at the end of the day you don't have anything worth a shit.  Same goes for you pal.

believe it or not 99% of gamers don't buy ratalaka stacks and play them all day either!

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Arcesius said:

@MMDE I propose the following: since this thread is now very long and filled with different propositions for a point calculation, links to non-functional rarity LBs and such, and people cannot be expected to read through the entire thread, can we start a new topic where the OP contains all the needed information?

What's the purpose of the rarity LB and how does it differ from the normal one, how are points calculated, etc...

This thread could then be archived.

I would volunteer to put something together if we agree that it would be a meaningful thing to do. 

We're just waiting for Sly to return. ? Notice when Sly got a trophy the last time...

15 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

God, you really don't help yourself with this kind of drivel.

I'm one of the people arguing against a rarity leaderboard, but reading this kind of self-aggrandising codswallop makes me want to switch sides.

I mean, honestly, it's painful.

The entire argument in favour of alternate boards is because accounts like yours have so thoroughly poisoned the original well.

Yes, there may well be "nothing exceptional" about people focussing on Ultra Rare - I have little time for any kind of game selection based on any rarity metric - but it's clearly a damned site more "exceptional" than simply pancake-stacking the lowest of the low-hanging fruit.

And as far as this statement goes:

Don't make me laugh.

The "competition” you are in right now is one that involves absolutely nothing, beyond identifying and purchasing the minimal-input games with the maximum trophy output, and stacking them across as many regions as possible.

It's a competition virtually no one else is interested in engaging in....  and even in that spurious "competition" you are still only 3rd place. Even after spending literally thousands of euros on it.

If a bronze medal is all you can muster, even in the shoddy excuse for a competition you have chosen to 'excel' at,  please don't try and parley that into the idea that you could do just as well in any kind of competition involving actual skill.

I have the impression to see a guy on call of who accuses the connection when he loses ?
the rata have hurt you so much it's sad, I personally have them free?

I don't know why anyone would be against this especially if it wasn't replacing the main leaderboard.

It would be interesting to see how much the rarity of certain trophies would change, I've seen people say that there's a lot of easy UR's but obviously they wouldn't stay UR for long if people started cherrypicking them to climb a rarity leaderboard

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD_91 said:

I don't know why anyone would be against this especially if it wasn't replacing the main leaderboard.

It would be interesting to see how much the rarity of certain trophies would change, I've seen people say that there's a lot of easy UR's but obviously they wouldn't stay UR for long if people started cherrypicking them to climb a rarity leaderboard

But even then games like EYEpet or Create have server closures so they are easy but impossible to now get. So if people tried it would just make my plats rarer ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ViensDanser said:

I have the impression to see a guy on call of who accuses the connection when he loses 
the rata have hurt you so much it's sad, I personally have them free

You sound delusional.  I think that if you play these games all day a person would possible suffer from some sort of mental illness which is maybe why you put more value in what you're doing than what it is actually worth.  Let use hoarding as and example again.  People who horde have trash all over their house it stinks and is rat infested. Along with the rats is rat shit and donation centers won't even take this trash because it is unsanitary and contaminated. Yet, people think this contaminated trash is worth everything, their home, family, friends etc.  They have assigned all this value to something the rest of us would burn without a 2nd thought.  This is a trophy cabinet full of ratalaka and breakthrough gaming achievements my friend, nobody in their right mind considers it as having any value. 

Nobody is advocating to take away this leaderboard you have managed 3rd place in and all the glory that must entail for you.   We are simply asking for a 2nd leaderboard that assigns values too trophies according to their rarity for those of us who might wish to compete in a different way.

• Like 3