obicolkenobi

Cool Raiting on Stage 4

51 posts in this topic

On 7.4.2017 at 2:00 AM, TheMightyImp2 said:

Try watching my videos, i use the same pattern in all levels, and ensure the pattern i am doing only includes any buttons on the bar at the top lf the screen. It doesn't matter if the pattern is played with the buttons in that section, just so long as all buttons on screen are played at least once. 

My pattern is this: (Repeated through the whole song)

(*=press a button)

**3**6**1**4*6*8

The above is two bars of 8 beats, as in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and i hit a button on 1,2,4,5,7,8 on the first 8 bar, and on 2,3,5,7 on the second 8 bar. 

To put it another way, tap tap pause tap tap pause tap tap pause tap tap pause tap pause tap pause.

See my cool rating videos and you'll hear that pattern all the way through. 

Youtube channel TheMightyImp08 

https://youtu.be/Jkv6VAQ8vU4

You're my savior!

But what did the trick for me was adding another **3 to each set with a Button that wasn't on screen. 

I finally beat the level! Praise.

Huge tip, the vibration helps yes. But MUTE THE DAMN GAME ENTIRELY when you do it this way. The vibrations are loud as hell and it's far easier with less noise going on to focus on the timing of the vibrations and ignore the visual queue [still pretty hard to ignore the visual queues imo]. But I got it in two tries this way.

Now to get cool rating. heh... D:

why u no merge comment

how the hell does the saving work in this? I can't chapter select all the levels anymore, and the Cool icon keeps disappearing from levels. And now I have to beat Cheap Cheap yet again normally because I can't do the cool version at all. :/ And I beat it again, but the game froze and so I have to do it a third time normally. FML this game.

Edited by Elvick_

Finally did it, haha - to put it in context my previous trophies in this game are from April/May!

Now let's never speak of it again haha

1. :triangle::triangle:-:triangle::triangle:-:triangle:-:circle::circle:-:r1::r1:-:l1::l1: .        2. :cross::cross:-:cross::cross:-:cross:-:square::square:-:r1::r1:-:l1::l1: . this method worked for me, but stay in freestile is little hard.

I'm genuinely very, very pissed off with this level. I actually managed to get nearly all the way to the end of the song, with the cool rating. And right at the Very, VERY fucking end. Cheap Cheap pops back, and knocked me down to bad. Once I get the cool rating for this level, I don't think I'll ever listen to the stage 4 music again. Also I'll probably eat chicken with a burning hatred.

I finally managed to beat this level. And I think it's due to a minor discovery, regarding, getting the cool rating in the first place. Don't just tap :r1: or :l1:, at the end of the beat/freestyling. Especially if those are ones you have to push already. I found using button prompts, not on the little beat bar at the top, had a higher chance of letting me reach that coveted, 'Cool' rating. I had time to mellow out, from my pure rage induced earlier comment. Go into this with a positive attitude, that it can be done. Keep practising, getting the timing down, and don't get a cool rating, too early in the song. I found that was how I lost my cool rating twice. If possible, get it on Lesson 3 or 4.But if you have the chance, get it earlier, and just hope your freestyling is good enough for Cheap Cheap. 

Edited by James_Tonto

how they hell do you even get cool rating cant find an explanation  ANYWHERE on how im supposed to even get it got it once in 20 tries on total accident but then failed because i didnt know what to do

In two days I reached cool rating only two times in stage 4 and I failed cool mode immediately after. Someone has some helpfull advice to beat it?

In cool mode I spammed repeatedly triangle, cross, square and circle together but it doesn't work. @TheMightyImp2 how can you enter in cool mode in only 8 bars? 

I watched all your videos and read about that scheme but I can't understand your pattern, can you explain me?

On 5 May 2018 at 6:31 PM, Anima_90 said:

In two days I reached cool rating only two times in stage 4 and I failed cool mode immediately after. Someone has some helpfull advice to beat it?

In cool mode I spammed repeatedly triangle, cross, square and circle together but it doesn't work. @TheMightyImp2 how can you enter in cool mode in only 8 bars? 

I watched all your videos and read about that scheme but I can't understand your pattern, can you explain me?

It's in my post, and my post is requoted at the top of this page... Maybe I can share play it or something? I'd like to help, but can't think of a simpler way of explaining it than previously. 

The above is two bars of 8 beats, as in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and i hit a button on 1,2,4,5,7,8 on the first 8 bar, and on 2,3,5,7 on the second 8 bar. 

To put it another way, tap tap pause tap tap pause tap tap pause tap tap pause tap pause tap pause.

Just thought of another thing.. You must have completed the game all the way through once to be allowed to try for cool rating... Have you completed game once already?

Edited by TheMightyImp2

On 14/4/2017 at 11:00 AM, Elvick_ said:

I finally beat the level! Praise.

Huge tip, the vibration helps yes. But MUTE THE DAMN GAME ENTIRELY when you do it this way. The vibrations are loud as hell and it's far easier with less noise going on to focus on the timing of the vibrations and ignore the visual queue [still pretty hard to ignore the visual queues imo]. But I got it in two tries this way.

Now to get cool rating. heh... D:

this worked for me, combined with the xx tt rr ll

18 minutes ago, A1r4l3x said:

this worked for me, combined with the xx tt rr ll

Ironically it hasn't worked for me since lol. Somehow oversaved the file (the save system in this game is really crappy imo) and have never been able to do it again. So unfinished it will be forever. the rage. Glad it helped you though!

Edited by Elvick_

Took a few tries but found it easier than finishing on good. Eventually figured that pressing at the last possible moment gave me more luck with getting a good rating. So I mainly just did the same thing but spammed the last button about 2 or 3 more tries to push it to cool. 

I just went in blindly for the freestyle since I’m not really sure how that works (which is pretty evident in the video lol), just spammed each button maybe 3 or 4 times in a row before switching, and pausing occasionally. Got into the freestyle pretty early on so had to keep it up for about 2 mins. 

https://youtu.be/DuWk2kD_wjU (sorry, don’t know how to embed on mobile)

Glad I only have to listen to that song a couple more times for finishing on easy and finding the secret. I’ll definitely be having chicken tonight...

Just for the fun of it, I just got a cool rating on all songs in one playthrough..

I also make parrappa say stuff he wasn't meant to say.

Enjoy

I can't even beat Stage 4 on Normal let alone "Cool" right now...

The hell am I doing wrong? Sometimes people recommend hitting late, I double press the buttons at the end and sometimes they give credit and sometimes they take away points. 

WHAT?

PaRappa the Rapper Remastered Stage 4 Rhythm

Lesson #1:

Line 1: - - :triangle: - :triangle::triangle: - - :circle: - :r1: - - :l1: - - -      (doing the buttons a split second early seems to make it work)

Line 2: - - :cross: - :cross: - :cross: - - :square: - :r1: - - :l1: - - -      (doing the buttons a split second early seems to make it work)

Line 3: - - :triangle: - :triangle::triangle: - - :circle: - :r1: - - :l1: - - -      (spam the triangle's - repeat O and R1 twice, and then press L1 early and I get GOOD)

Line 4: - - :cross: - :cross: - :cross: - - :square: - :r1: - - :l1: - - -      (spam the x's symbol - repeat square and R1 twice, and then press L1 early and I get GOOD)

Lesson #2:

Line 1: - - :triangle: - :triangle::triangle: - - :r1: - - :l1: - - - - - 

Line 2::square: :square: - :square: - :square: - :square: - :square: - :square: :square: - - - -     (spam square literally as hard as possible, almost ALWAYS gets a GOOD rating)

Line 3: - - - :triangle: - - :triangle: - - :circle: - :r1: :r1: - :l1: - - -            (feeling it out and following has gotten the job done)

Line 4: - - :cross: - :cross: - :cross: - - :square: - :square: - :r1: :l1: - - -        (soft presses towards the end worked out)

Edited by realm722

I think I just pressed random buttons on that stage and I got the cool rating. Trying to play it more ally didn't work for me. 

Lesson #3:

Line 1: - - - :triangle: - - :triangle::triangle: - :circle: - :r1: - :l1: - - -           (softly following the rhythm seems to work)

Line 2: - - :cross: - - :cross: - - :square: - - :r1: - - :l1: - - - 

Line 3: - - :triangle: - - :triangle::triangle: - - :circle: - :r1: - :l1: - - -           (softly following the rhythm seems to work)

Line 4: - - :cross: - - :cross: - - :square: - - :r1: - - :l1: - - - 

Line 5: - - :triangle: - - :triangle: :triangle::triangle: - :triangle: - - - - - - -              (I have ZERO clue what I'm doing here that's working)

Line 6: :circle: :circle: - - :circle: - - :circle: :circle: - :circle: :circle: - :circle: - - -  (spam circle literally as hard as possible, almost ALWAYS gets a GOOD rating)

Lesson #4:

Line 1: - - :cross: - :cross: - :cross: - - :cross: - - :cross: - :cross: - - -        (hitting the button a split second later seems to make it work)

Line 2: - - :square: :square: - - :square: - - :square: - :square: - - :square: - - -

Line 3::r1: :r1: - :r1: - :r1: - - :l1: :l1: - :l1: - :l1: - - - (hitting the button a split second later seems to make it work)

Line 4::triangle: :triangle: - :triangle: - :triangle: - - :circle: - :r1: - - - :l1: - - - 

Line 5: - - :triangle: - :triangle: - :triangle: - :circle: :circle: - :r1: - - :l1: - - - 

JESUS CHRIST I FINALLY BEAT IT JUST GETTING "GOOD" THANKS TO THIS SET UP... okay... I'll be back for "COOL" later. My GOD. 

Edited by realm722

Welp... I got into the "cool" zone for once in my life today. I maintained it for like a minute and 30 seconds. Then lost it at the last 3 verses. 

My spirit is close to being broken. I was so close - but now I've done it once I can stumble my way into doing it again. But the time investment... 

GOOD LORD I DID IT. MY GOD. I achieved "cool" zone two more times. The 2nd one I choked and gave up like 15 seconds in. The 3rd one was like the first where I maintained it doing different rhythms for 1 minute+ but lost it on the last 2 verses. Then I got it a 4th time towards the end of the 3rd lesson and managed to hold out repeating button cycles from the first lesson of button presses. THANK GOODNESS. This trophy was infuriating and somehow I still like this game despite it driving me insane. Here's my advice to whoever enters this hellhole in the future. Can't promise it'll work for everybody, but it worked for me.

1nBVLx3.png

is the only difference between cool rating and good is that you cant see the screen what to tap when on cool mode?

If it helps at all once you're in freestyle you can literally press one button and just find the right rhythm. Once you have that rhythm with that one button just keep going until the song ends. I remember doing stage 5 and getting over 7000 score while just pressing square the whole time. 

Ive done stage 4 but im now struggling stage 3  dont know what im doing wrong

I finally bloody did it haha! The trick I found was to ignore the prompt order and just freestyle to the beat.

So if the game wants:

T T T - - O - - R1 - - L1

Do something like

O O - O O - R1 R1 - T T T L1

As long as the rhythm is there with what you press and it's not just all spammy and offbeat... you might do it :D!