Suggestion: Let us unsubscribe from particular status updates

3 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

Edit: another issue related to this is that, if I click on a notification relating to a status update, I am taken to the "standard" display of that status, i.e. that status update with only the three most recent comments visible. If the notification you clicked related to a comment some 200+ comments above those 3, it takes forever to keep clicking "Show previous comments" and get to the comment that triggered the notification you clicked on. It might be useful if clicking the notification took you to the comment which triggered that notification, rather than to the standard view of the status update. 

THIS. I always have to go back to previous updates to go back to the "beginning" to see who posted "first" rather the newest comment. I hope that makes sense. 

4 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

all replies at once

The status update I was thinking of had over 1,500 comments, many of which had embedded media. All at once might crash some people's browsers. Maybe "all unseen by user" might be a good compromise, like how you are taken to the first unseen post in a thread you have visited before when you open it again. 

Just now, StrickenBiged said:

The status update I was thinking of had over 1,500 comments, many of which had embedded media. All at once might crash some people's browsers. Maybe "all unseen by user" might be a good compromise, like how you are taken to the first unseen post in a thread you have visited before when you open it again. 

Yeah, or group them by 20 instead of 3. There are better options that could be considered, anyway.

• Like 1

Better suggestions:

1) Limit status update posts again

2) Prevent Milan from making status :awesome: 

Okay, something serious.

LET
US
DELETE
STATUS
REPLIES

Seriously, this needs to happen so badly. Now I actually completely understand why Yuri was deleting his status update replies. 

Even though I haven't been caught in the trap.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TigressLion said:

I wonder what 3 individuals are responsible for this...

Yeah... Shame on you, @MilanYildirim and @Pixel-DRAGON-. :awesome:  :awesome: 

Pix even broke the site two times...

tsk tsk tsk...

a14.jpg

I think, the notifications should get grouped together.

That when you are coming home, instead of 

W replied to a status update.

X replied to a status update

Y replied to a status update

Z replied to a status update

...it should look like this.

W replied to a status update of A

X, Y, Z replied to a status update of B

2 minutes ago, Neputyunu said:

Yeah... Shame on you, @MilanYildirim and @Pixel-DRAGON-. :awesome:  :awesome: 

Pix even broke the site two times...

tsk tsk tsk...

a14.jpg

I think, the notifications should get grouped together.

That when you are coming home, instead of 

W replied to a status update.

X replied to a status update

Y replied to a status update

Z replied to a status update

...it should look like this.

W replied to a status update of A

X, Y, Z replied to a status update of B

Bitch, you were the 3rd person involved in the sustaining of this update lol.

• Like 1

I find myself specifically avoiding replying to status updates posted by several people, just because of this.

I think, "hey I have someone to say", start to type, and then think... "Do I really want 40 notifications tomorrow?"  Then I delete the whole thing. 

I personally think the "Someone replies to a status update I posted, is on my profile, or I have also replied to" box should be broken into two or even three features. I like the first two but not the third. If someone wants my attention back to their status they can just tag me. 

Also, allowing us to delete a previous comment to stop this would work, as would giving us one stacked notification like we get for threads. It would also be nice to see whose status the notification related to, but now I'm just nit picking. 

Edit : for the love of god add a "show all replies" option. This whole 3 at a time thing has got to go. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

When I logged on this morning, I had over 200 notifications, most of which relate to posts in a single status update. 

I do not want to turn off notifications completely because I find the feature useful so that I can see if someone has posted in one of the threads I follow, written on my profile, responded to something I've said, etc, while I have been offline. 

I'm not going to have the time to check 200+ notifications. The most I've ever had before commenting in this status update was 30, which is manageable. 

Can we have the option to unsubscribe from particular status updates so that notifications don't become overwhelming?

All the best. 

Edit: another issue related to this is that, if I click on a notification relating to a status update, I am taken to the "standard" display of that status, i.e. that status update with only the three most recent comments visible. If the notification you clicked related to a comment some 200+ comments above those 3, it takes forever to keep clicking "Show previous comments" and get to the comment that triggered the notification you clicked on. It might be useful if clicking the notification took you to the comment which triggered that notification, rather than to the standard view of the status update. 

LOL, I had over 400 notifications, just from that status update :lol: 

• Like 2

Good grief, Cthanks Cthulhu for such status got deleted, it was very annoying getting notifications from a status that I gave a flying F. Specially after I stupidly posted there after being tagged by accident. Thanks Stevieboy.

Stricken's idea is good, hope it could be a reality in the future.

Edited by Iris Heart

6 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

Hopefully something can be done about this. Had another 185 notifications overnight after another status update I had posted on days ago was turned into another version of the chatroom. 

In the meantime you can add the spammers to your blocked user list. They will still be able to comment, but I don't think you'll get notifications for it.

Edited by Jibril

1 minute ago, Jibril said:

In the meantime, you can add the spammers to your blocked user list. They will still be able to comment, but I don't think you'll get notifications for it.

Most of the time my interactions with these guys and gals is not spam though. I don't want to block them nor do I want to interrupt their fun if they want to go waaay off topic in a particular status update. 

And nor do I want to have to bother the mods everytime it happens... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20 minutes ago, Jibril said:

In the meantime you can add the spammers to your blocked user list. They will still be able to comment, but I don't think you'll get notifications for it.

Nice, that's good to know.

17 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

Most of the time my interactions with these guys and gals is not spam though. I don't want to block them nor do I want to interrupt their fun if they want to go waaay off topic in a particular status update. 

IMO if people want to spam their own status updates, they can knock themselves out. It becomes a different matter when they purposely lure members to post for the sake of trolling them with a flood of notifications.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

I'm avoiding the statuses you posted in, You've been abused enough. You'll be fine now lol.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2017 at 8:27 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Better suggestions:

1) Limit status update posts again

2) Prevent Milan from making status :awesome: 

Okay, something serious.

LET
US
DELETE
STATUS
REPLIES

Seriously, this needs to happen so badly. Now I actually completely understand why Yuri was deleting his status update replies. 

Even though I haven't been caught in the trap.

The LUDSR initiative is something I can agree with. The "prevent Milan from making status" is obvious, of course.