EdinhoN

Known Upcoming Server Shutdowns

2,267 posts in this topic

Hello. It's been a very long time since I last visited this site.

I've read on previous posts that 2 Transformers games are shut down for the PS3 ( Fall if Cybertron and Revenge if the Fallen). Does War for Cybertron also fall into the server being shutdown?

I've read on previous posts that 2 Transformers games are shut down for the PS3 ( Fall if Cybertron and Revenge if the Fallen). Does War for Cybertron also fall into the server being shutdown?

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

War for Cybertron is still up, as is the PS3 version of Fall of Cybertron but I believe both games are Peer-to-Peer on the PS3 so can't be shutdown. There's no word yet on Rise of the Dark Spark but that could well be next on the chopping block.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

43 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

War for Cybertron is still up, as is the PS3 version of Fall of Cybertron. I believe both games are Peer-to-Peer on the PS3 so can't be shutdown. There's no word yet on Rise of the Dark Spark but that could well be next on the chopping block.

It was definitely peer to peer.

I was a top player several years ago in it, alot of hackers/glitchers abused the peer to peer by getting host so they couldn't get kicked from matches while they cheated leaderboards.

The only thing I can't confirm though is if stat progression or tracking is server based. I do know the peer to peer sucks. Whoever gets host you better hope they can handle holding the match if they dip the game usually crashes because the host migration is pretty crappy.

Posted (edited)

The custom service from Sony also said that Uncharted Fight For Fortune was peer to peer. But that stuff just doesn't work anymore. I wouldn't trust the peer to peer thing. This does not always mean they will be like Evolve for example or like Call Of Juarez that they stay on and work forever.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

Posted (edited)

06lqyt4i.jpg

Looks like Transformers War For Cybertron, Fall Of Cybertron, Rise Of The Dark Spark has been shut down on the PS3. The MP showing a error for these titles. I don't know if Rise Of The Dark Spark on PS4 still works. Also i don't know if they are coming back.

Also both Nascar games (Inside Line and Nascar 2011 still works, same for Apache Air Assault, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 stacks, Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD, Singularity, Turtles Manhattan stacks, and Blur, Blood Drive as of now).

Edited by TazDevilz1986
Added Singularity and Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD, Blood Drive.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

06lqyt4i.jpg

Looks like Transformers War For Cybertron, Fall Of Cybertron, Rise Of The Dark Spark has been shut down on the PS3. The MP showing a error for these titles. I don't know if Rise Of The Dark Spark on PS4 still works. Also i don't know if they are coming back.

Also both Nascar games (Inside Line and Nascar 2011 still works, same for Apache Air Assault, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 stacks, Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD, Singularity, Turtles Manhattan stacks, and Blur, Blood Drive as of now).

It's official, Activision strikes again and closes a load of games then retroactively updates the server closure list :(: https://support.activision.com/articles/legacy-activision-games

All of the Transformers games are officially toast :( . I would now consider all of Activision's PS3 and early PS4 games with online trophies, to be ticking time bombs that could go off at anytime :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

23 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I would now consider all of Activision's PS3 and early PS4 games with online trophies, to be ticking time bombs that could go off at anytime :(.

Do we have a list?

Especially interested in knowing what PS4 games are Activision.

WFC literally went down within the past day. A friend of mine was boosting it yesterday on Xbox and he confirmed it's down now.

As for the Activision published list, I can get a list of all published Activision games for you tomorrow but it's unlikely to be organized in a way that you can utilize for online trophies. I could extrapolate from there but it'll take some time.

Posted (edited)

44 minutes ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

WFC literally went down within the past day. A friend of mine was boosting it yesterday on Xbox and he confirmed it's down now.

As for the Activision published list, I can get a list of all published Activision games for you tomorrow but it's unlikely to be organized in a way that you can utilize for online trophies. I could extrapolate from there but it'll take some time.

What's WFC? EDIT: I get you now, it's War for Cybertron.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Well, RIP transformers games. I had such a blast playing both WFC and FOC. 

3 hours ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

That's more than fine.

A complete list would be great, from there everyone can check what game they own and if it has online trophies.

do what you can, Shadow. Even know what are the Activision titles is a good start.

Posted (edited)

Anyone else think the Call of Duty servers will end up going down? They are all Activision games after all.

Edited by PatinumNumemon

35 minutes ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Anyone else think the Call of Duty servers will end up going down? They are all Activision games after all.

Some of them are already quite broken. 

Black Ops 1 for example Cinema Mode doesn't work anymore. It actually even makes one trophy unavailable unless you know someone who still has a clip saved and let's you watch it. 

Modern Warfare 3 had its Matchmaking broken for a few months, but it kind of fixed itself magically. Multiplayer isn't required for trophies though. 

Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops servers are very bad. Sometimes it won't even work at all, but it's still obtainable. 

5 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Some of them are already quite broken. 

Black Ops 1 for example Cinema Mode doesn't work anymore. It actually even makes one trophy unavailable unless you know someone who still has a clip saved and let's you watch it. 

Modern Warfare 3 had its Matchmaking broken for a few months, but it kind of fixed itself magically. Multiplayer isn't required for trophies though. 

Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops servers are very bad. Sometimes it won't even work at all, but it's still obtainable. 

Wow. I forgot all about that theater mode trophy in BO1. Fortunately I got the platinum years ago, but what about co-op zombies? I still need to get around to doing the Easter egg for Call of the Dead and Shangri-La. What about Ghosts for PS3? Do you know if its multiplayer has hackers? there's still two DLC maps I got to play on to shoot the eggs to get the last two egg trophies.

2 hours ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Wow. I forgot all about that theater mode trophy in BO1. Fortunately I got the platinum years ago, but what about co-op zombies? I still need to get around to doing the Easter egg for Call of the Dead and Shangri-La. What about Ghosts for PS3? Do you know if its multiplayer has hackers? there's still two DLC maps I got to play on to shoot the eggs to get the last two egg trophies.

I think ghosts can be done in private matches. 

Zombies still works fine, but better don't play public to avoid hackers 

12 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It's official, Activision strikes again and closes a load of games then retroactively updates the server closure list :(: https://support.activision.com/articles/legacy-activision-games

All of the Transformers games are officially toast :( . I would now consider all of Activision's PS3 and early PS4 games with online trophies, to be ticking time bombs that could go off at anytime :(.

I'm getting the same message on Fall of Cybertron and Rise of the Dark Spark on PS4 so I'm guessing they shared the same servers.

I think the biggest piss off I'd anyways people are staying home and playing games right now all over the place. If they even gave a two month window they probably could've seen this games the busiest they've been in a long while.

Also seeing Mutants in Manhattan getting mentioned alot Imma make a session for it

10 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

You can sort by year or console, up to you. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Activision_video_games

I've been on that wikipedia page..
  Call of Duty | 2004 | PlayStation 3

But.. PS3 release date was November 11, 2006.
So is it even reliable and maintained?

Still a good place to start.. thanks.

Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

As I mentioned, it's a bit of a stumbling block. Unannounced as of yet, but TrueTrophies now has Developer and Publisher tracking. Mixed with the flagging features, it should get you there though it's not in a friendly format for this particular task:

https://www.(URL not allowed)/publisher/Activision

Here's the landing page for all of the games: https://www.(URL not allowed)/publisher/Activision/games

Click on a game, and use the flag filters to show which games have "Online" and which games have "Discontinued" (Server/Feature no longer functions). If there are no flags, feel free to poke me and I'll have the team fill it out, or submit the information yourself.

I can dump the information here later in a usable format when I have more time, but still trying to work the kinks out of this new system for Publisher/Developer.

Edited by Shadow_Kisuragi