Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

18 hours ago, Hysteria said:

For shank 2 the 30 waves I did it with the evil character that you can unlock by entering the cheat code (won’t effect the trophy) in character selection but play the campaign first to help you to understand the enemies moves & how to beat them.(: 

So is it actually soloable? Word was always that this was impossible to beat without 2 players haha

57 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

No more updates and incoming delisting of Marvel's Avengers.

https://avengers.crystald.com/en-us/final-update-on-the-future-of-marvels-avengers/

I would heavily recommend owners of this downloading the current version before this final update in March.

The game has had broken trophie(s) before from updates, and honestly in these situations if something was bugged in the final patch who knows how much time the dev team actually has to fix it before September. An end of support in September doesn't necessarily mean the dev/bug teams will be working right till then.

• Like 1

This has probably been the most pathetic release of a game on the PS4 generation. I won't include Cyberpunk because that's not even a finished game. And now the fact that they are going to shut down their services and most likely the servers mere 3 years after the release is laughable. Now it's going to be one more impossible game to get the platinum. Congratulations, Crystal Dynamics. Thank God I didn't buy this piece of crap. Feel sorry for those who bought it, especially during the pre-order (seriously, guys, don't pre-order anything, not even from FromSoftware or Square). Also f*** online trophies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boni_Neto said:

This has probably been the most pathetic release of a game on the PS4 generation. I won't include Cyberpunk because that's not even a finished game. And now the fact that they are going to shut down their services and most likely the servers mere 3 years after the release is laughable. Now it's going to be one more impossible game to get the platinum. Congratulations, Crystal Dynamics. Thank God I didn't buy this piece of crap. Feel sorry for those who bought it, especially during the pre-order (seriously, guys, don't pre-order anything, not even from FromSoftware or Square). Also f*** online trophies.

i get people dislike/hate it because it wasn't what they wanted in an Avengers game. But it's was far from the worst title released. 3 years for a live service game with no real expansions or sequels is actually quite good. They already said the game servers/multiplayer aren't shutting down after September.

Btw the trophies can be done in offline.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Boni_Neto said:

People are saying it can be done entirely solo offline

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

i get people dislike/hate it because it wasn't what they wanted in an Avengers game. But it's was far from the worst title released. 3 years for a live service game with no real expansions or sequels is actually quite good. They already said the game servers/multiplayer aren't shutting down after September.

Btw the trophies can be done in offline.

1 minute ago, Dark_Overlord said:

People are saying it can be done entirely solo offline

Nice to know, still a shame. I hear the Black Panther update made the platinum impossible through normal methods, I hear. Anyway, when they decided to charge the players $14 bucks just to download a skin of Thor without his helmet (seriously, that was the only new detail about the skin), you could probably understand why they are going this road now.

29 minutes ago, Boni_Neto said:

Nice to know, still a shame. I hear the Black Panther update made the platinum impossible through normal methods, I hear. Anyway, when they decided to charge the players $14 bucks just to download a skin of Thor without his helmet (seriously, that was the only new detail about the skin), you could probably understand why they are going this road now.

The skins will all be free too in the future xD  Overall it was a massive disappointment

1 hour ago, Boni_Neto said:

I played the demo when it was available, and I remember thinking there was exactly enough game play to last the length of the demo, and no more. Did it get any better since release, or did it remain the thin veneer of justification for a micro transaction storefront it started out as?

7 hours ago, Boni_Neto said:

That trophy was fixed months ago so the Plat is fully obtainable.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2023 at 7:52 PM, NomaiEye said:

I'm talking about the co-op servers for the Sniper Assassin mode in Hitman 2. IO said they would be shutting down those specific servers a couple years ago but never did and never provided any further updates about it. As far as I know there's no need to worry about them shutting down all online functionality for Hitman 1 or 2 any time soon.

Just for clarification, IO never said anything about the servers for the co-op mode. It was the servers for the multiplayer mode that they announced would shut down. That was a completely different server, and they shut it down as announced. The Ghost Mode MP didn't have any trophies attached to it though, but it did have a few in-game unlocks like the Phantom Suit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Just for clarification, IO never said anything about the servers for the co-op mode. It was the servers for the multiplayer mode that they announced would shut down. That was a completely different server, and they shut it down as announced. The Ghost Mode MP didn't have any trophies attached to it though, but it did have a few in-game unlocks like the Phantom Suit.

Actually, the devs did say the co-op servers were closing but they never followed through with it:

Sniper Assassin
Dedicated to long-range assignments, Sniper Assassin tasks you with eliminating targets and guards without triggering an alarm, whilst completing challenges to boost your score multiplier. In HITMAN 3, Sniper Assassin can be played in existing maps as a single-player experience only. We are preparing to sunset the co-op servers in HITMAN 2 before the launch of HITMAN 3 and we’ll share an exact timeline and a solution to the mode’s multiplayer trophies in the coming months.

Source: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-game-modes/

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Actually, the devs did say the co-op servers were closing but they never followed through with it:

Source: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-game-modes/

Ah, fair enough. They just never set a specific date for it at the time, and then didn't end up going ahead with the co-op shutdown before Hitman 3 launched. Thanks for correcting me.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Updates:

- Added Friday 13th as delisting

- Added Avengers as delisting

- Added F1 2020 as delisting (didn't see this on EA page yet, but Games At Risk of Removal on Steam is already showing it)

Yeah F1 2020 was suddenly delisted last year. It was supposedly still available in a couple of the Asian PSN stores. But I believe when I checked it for someone a while back NA EU and Hongkong all had it delisted except for a random dlc add-on.

Edited by Lord_Bane999