Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

20 minutes ago, AdrenalStone21 said:

I’m pretty sure Just Dance 2021 is delisted from the digital store front.

I'll run a region check right now. But seems it's gone in NA so far.

Edit: Okay looks like it's a worldwide delisting as far as I can see. Btw it seems that Just Dance 2014/2015 still had dlc up in the Brazil store.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

On 20.01.2023 at 1:07 AM, Asim_25 said:

UPDATE 22/01/2023: Peaky Blinders: Mastermind has now been delisted from all digital stores in all regions - Steam, Microsoft Store, PlayStation Store and Nintendo eShop. Now you can only buy the physical edition of the game or play the already purchased digital copy.

Edited by Asim_25

Update: I put Avengers delisting on January by copy-paste mistake, it's actually September.

8 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I'll run a region check right now. But seems it's gone in NA so far.

Edit: Okay looks like it's a worldwide delisting as far as I can see. Btw it seems that Just Dance 2014/2015 still had dlc up in the Brazil store.

Just Dance 2021 has been delisted for a while I think, pretty sure I checked some months ago and wasn't able to find. Ubisoft changed their policy to EA's, removing the JD games sometime after the release of the next yearly one.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

AFAIK, this only affects the PS5 version.

Well, the app was not needed for the 100% as far as I remember,so I bet Rockstar just updated the game to remove the app functionality and it ended up breaking Chop as a side effect. It should be fixed eventually 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

I am currently missing the Hive trophy and the chest one, been playing since day 1 they still wont unlock.

Those trophies are very buggy and always have been so all you can do is either keep trying or cut your losses and start a new game from scratch :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, FabTheReaper said:

Even though it hasn't been mentionned here yet, FIFA 22 plat has been blocked since the end of last VOLTA season.

A new season starded a few days ago, certainly the last one, for 40 days.

So it might be a good thing to mention on the first page of the topic that FIFA 22 plat for PS4 and PS5 will be definitively out of reach as of Feb 28 2023, so that everyone is aware, despite the lack of communication from EA.

Added, thanks for the info

• Like 2

On 22/1/2023 at 3:20 PM, HuntingFever said:

This may just be an unfortunate coincidence but the iFruit app being discontinued, may have actually broken GTA 5 a bit, because one of the side missions no longer works properly:

The what? This is nonsense, the iFruit app was not vital for GTA5 in any version and it ceased to work properly with newer Android/iOS versions released BEFORE the release of the PS5/XB1 version of this game. No wait, before the release of the consoles themselves.

• Like 2

On 23/01/2023 at 11:53 PM, Needles said:

EA Sports UFC 2 is now listed for shutdown on February 6, 2023 instead of February 2, 2023.

https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/a-h

Something to note here to for everyone UFC 2 has several online trophies including all of Ultimate Team single player is unavailable if offline from the server.

The Live Event trophies is also still marked wrongly as unobtainable in the guide. There is two fights the devs have added in permanently to make this achievable. With a MacGregor vs Diaz pick fight and Rousey vs Tate fight. Both fights you just need to make a pick on them for the one trophy and for other trophy you need to actually fight the match and beat the match just as you picked.

• Like 1

On 24-1-2023 at 0:00 AM, Lance_87 said:

The what? This is nonsense, the iFruit app was not vital for GTA5 in any version and it ceased to work properly with newer Android/iOS versions released BEFORE the release of the PS5/XB1 version of this game. No wait, before the release of the consoles themselves.

The iFruit app not working properly on newer devices doesn't mean the backend servers are not working properly.
The game will connect to those backend servers and not the actual app on your phone.

So in the end the app is just a box sending/receiving data to/from a backend and displaying it. But newer versions of Android/iOS broke something inside that box.

Now they officially discontinued the app, they probably also turned off those backend servers and probably weren't aware of the effect that has on the game.
It's enough that the game checks that server to see if you have played on the app and that this request fails to connect to the server.

This failure probably wasn't catched well and unexpected things can happen.

If the game would connect properly to the server, the server would send a message back like 'person didn't play on the app', the game would know what to do with it and nothing weird happens.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kolm said:

The iFruit app not working properly on newer devices doesn't mean the backend servers are not working properly.
The game will connect to those backend servers and not the actual app on your phone.

So in the end the app is just a box sending/receiving data to/from a backend and displaying it. But newer versions of Android/iOS broke something inside that box.

Now they officially discontinued the app, they probably also turned off those backend servers and probably weren't aware of the effect that has on the game.
It's enough that the game checks that server to see if you have played on the app and that this request fails to connect to the server.

This failure probably wasn't catched well and unexpected things can happen.

If the game would connect properly to the server, the server would send a message back like 'person didn't play on the app', the game would know what to do with it and nothing weird happens.

What if the bug with Chop was simply caused by one of the latest game updates?

Like when you lose "special" weapons in Story Mode not available at Ammunation, like the Golf Club, the Crowbar etc. once every few updates on PS4 (i think it also happened on PS3 when it was still supported)

The app was discontinued on December 12, but Drug Wars was released on the 13th... also don't forget that Story Mode is perfectly playable disconnected from servers AFAIK (you won't get profile updates on the GTA website but still)

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

What if the bug with Chop was simply caused by one of the latest game updates?

Like when you lose "special" weapons in Story Mode not available at Ammunation, like the Golf Club, the Crowbar etc. once every few updates on PS4 (i think it also happened on PS3 when it was still supported)

The app was discontinued on December 12, but Drug Wars was released on the 13th... also don't forget that Story Mode is perfectly playable disconnected from servers AFAIK (you won't get profile updates on the GTA website but still)

There might as well just be a timing difference between the time the app got discontinued (removed from all stores) and the backend shutdown.

It's also possible that the backend server had different layers or interfaces on top of the actual server and that only the interface for the app was shutdown on December 12 and the whole server later on.

To be fair, we're both speculating as to what caused it. Only Rockstar will know if they look into it.

Just wanted to point that's it's technically possible for an app to not work properly without the game having issues from that because of that backend server still working properly.

• Like 3

Regarding F1 2020, the game has already been delisted from both the PlayStation Store and XBox Live. Probably shortly after the release of F1 22, since it was already gone back in September, when I wanted to buy it. I then discovered that the only way to get the game digitally nowadays is to buy the Deluxe Schumacher Edition on one of the Asian PlayStation Stores (like Hongkong or Taiwan), the regular version of the game has been delisted there as well.

You can still get the game with EA Play on XBox Live, but not on PSN. The only F1 game that seems to be included with EA Play on PlayStation is F1 2021 (unless there's something I'm missing): https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/1cad34fb-2a12-4091-863c-9e0829e5c878/1

Also, here's a random delisting of another Codemasters game: Dirt Rally 2.0 has been delisted from the Japanese PlayStation Store. Not sure why. But if I had to make a wild guess, I'd say it probably has something to do with publishing rights, since the Japanese version was published by Ubisoft and not by Codemasters themselves. EA probably took the publishing rights back after they acquired Codemasters, then the game got delisted, but EA never relisted it for some reason. Or in other words: EA just doing EA things.

Edited by Suminya
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Suminya said:

You can still get the game with EA Play on XBox Live, but not on PSN. The only F1 game that seems to be included with EA Play on PlayStation is F1 2021 (unless there's something I'm missing): https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/1cad34fb-2a12-4091-863c-9e0829e5c878/1

PSN is a mess dealing with licenses from different sources and services: F1 2020 is on my library and I'm subbed to EA Play currently. It's probably there because I "redeemed" the game when it was still on the PS Store. After the removal from EA Play it should be padlocked and inacessible forever for me (even if I resub). UFC 2 on the other hand (it seems to be the case for all pre 2019 EA games) gets unlocked for download every time I resub, but games like Madden 19 are padlocked.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

PSN is a mess dealing with licenses from different sources and services: F1 2020 is on my library and I'm subbed to EA Play currently. It's probably there because I "redeemed" the game when it was still on the PS Store. After the removal from EA Play it should be padlocked and inacessible forever for me (even if I resub). UFC 2 on the other hand (it seems to be the case for all pre 2019 EA games) gets unlocked for download every time I resub, but games like Madden 19 are padlocked.

Interesting. I don't have EA Play, so I don't know how it works exactly. But it does indeed sound like it's an absolute mess.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if F1 2021 gets delisted from PSN & XBox Live once F1 23 comes out later this year, they did it last year with F1 2020 (even though they somehow forgot the Schumacher Edition in Asia), and I wouldn't put it past them to do it again. I'll definitely keep an eye on it, because I already missed my opportunity to get F1 2019 before it was delisted, and I don't want to miss out on yet another digital version of an F1 game.

Edited by Suminya

6 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Hitman update is live, is Hitman 1 and 2 still playable and able to earn trophies for those standalones? I’ve checked both games but haven’t seen anyone earn trophies for either post update. 

I’ve tested on my alt you still can earn trophies ?.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2023 at 9:43 PM, Boni_Neto said:

This has probably been the most pathetic release of a game on the PS4 generation. I won't include Cyberpunk because that's not even a finished game. And now the fact that they are going to shut down their services and most likely the servers mere 3 years after the release is laughable. Now it's going to be one more impossible game to get the platinum. Congratulations, Crystal Dynamics. Thank God I didn't buy this piece of crap. Feel sorry for those who bought it, especially during the pre-order (seriously, guys, don't pre-order anything, not even from FromSoftware or Square). Also f*** online trophies.

I second all or this. Every AAA game I've pre ordered in past 12 months has been disappointing or broken in some way, and online trophies will actually cause me to not purchase games in many cases

• Like 2

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

Hitman update is live, is Hitman 1 and 2 still playable and able to earn trophies for those standalones? I’ve checked both games but haven’t seen anyone earn trophies for either post update. 

I was working on the last location in Hitman 1 and forgot it was already today it would change, else I would have finished it yesterday to be sure.

But I just checked and the game connects online and downloads my profile. If I check the mastery levels, all levels are intact. 20/20 for the completed locations and 7/20 for the last location.

So for now Hitman 1 seems fine, I'll finish it when I'm done working.

I noticed hitman 3 had an update (paused it for now) so it seems to use the same game/application/install so I guess it'll also be using the same trophylists as before.

Fall guys did get a new trophylist with the new launcher and that worried me a bit for hitman 3 as well since nothing was really mentioned about the trophylist.

48 minutes ago, Kolm said:

I was working on the last location in Hitman 1 and forgot it was already today it would change, else I would have finished it yesterday to be sure.

But I just checked and the game connects online and downloads my profile. If I check the mastery levels, all levels are intact. 20/20 for the completed locations and 7/20 for the last location.

So for now Hitman 1 seems fine, I'll finish it when I'm done working.

I noticed hitman 3 had an update (paused it for now) so it seems to use the same game/application/install so I guess it'll also be using the same trophylists as before.

Fall guys did get a new trophylist with the new launcher and that worried me a bit for hitman 3 as well since nothing was really mentioned about the trophylist.

So if I start now on Hitman 1 & 2, I should be okay?