Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

5 hours ago, XpanderFX said:

1) most of these games are also disc games so i cant see any problem if removed from store. Not mentioning u can get them used for few bucks.

2) i don't know who cares of microsoft expired licenses. sony and microsoft (and steam, and nintendo) doesnt necessary have same contracts with developers

Discs don't last forever though. I've had 4 xbox one games and one ps4 game suffer from disc rot due to bad blu-ray batches. It happens, and that's why it's annoying to rely on physical copies.

Edited by shipper321
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, shipper321 said:

Discs don't last forever though. I've had 4 xbox one games and one ps4 game suffer from disc rot due to bad blu-ray batches. It happens, and that's why it's annoying to rely on physical copies.

with new games released at a faster rate than netflix shows i cant imagine replaying old games...

On 09/02/2023 at 6:03 PM, XpanderFX said:

1) most of these games are also disc games so i cant see any problem if removed from store. Not mentioning u can get them used for few bucks.

2) i don't know who cares of microsoft expired licenses. sony and microsoft (and steam, and nintendo) doesnt necessary have same contracts with developers

its not the games themselves so much, they delisted all the dlc for them as well.

11 minutes ago, Ambalrith said:

Why the fuck are they already closing down Fifa 22? Is fifa 21 gone too?!

[Fifa 22]

They just let run out the volta Session, after the end of the Session it will come unobtainable. You can complete all the volta online stuff in a couple of hours maybe 3-5h following the guide

There is also cross progress with PS4/PS5 version only a few quick easy ones need to repeat, the grind stuff need to be done just once.

[Fifa 21]

Is quite empty its a pain in the ass find matches in volta PS4/PS5 better to hurry up with this game too.

Edited by Infernofeuer1
Edit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ambalrith said:

Why the fuck are they already closing down Fifa 22? Is fifa 21 gone too?!

they aren't closing FIFA 22, only some Volta trophies may be unobtainable, FIFA 21 is still online ,got some time to finish it as well considering that EA is only closing FIFA 16 and 17 at the moment. I should probably start working on that FUT trophy in FIFA 20 that requires a player with 200 appearances for your team. (That will be pain)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

they aren't closing FIFA 22, only some Volta trophies may be unobtainable, FIFA 21 is still online ,got some time to finish it as well considering that EA is only closing FIFA 16 and 17 at the moment. I should probably start working on that FUT trophy in FIFA 20 that requires a player with 200 appearances for your team. (That will be pain)

Yes, FIFA 21 will take many years still for shutdown (at least 3, very likely even more).

FIFA 20 biggest issue is the 2000 points on FUT, as nobody is playing the Rivals mode anymore. It requires boosting, which takes a while alternating between a cycle of 6 matches between 4 acounts. The 200 appearances is easy: either ask a friend who has a 200 player for a coop game or forfeit matches. You'll get a timeout due to forfeit (after doing 30-ish forfeits you get booted out of FUT every time, but it's quick to reload). After all 200 is done, you'll need to wait 1 or 2 days before being able to save results at the end of a match, then the trophy finally pops.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

On the Activision restoring servers still active on other platforms front, people should start pushing them to sort wolfenstein 09. Still up on 360. 007 games would be nice but unlikely due to licensing. 

That was an announced closure I believe, unlike Blur and Singularity, so it's unlikely.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

I have absolutely NO IDEA why this works, but inputting the DNS settings for the Blur community server into my internet settings allowed me to flawlessly rejoin Singularity. I'm sitting in a lobby with two other people as I type this. If I end up popping Extermination Addict soon, this stands as my notice. I have 3 witnesses to back me up on this.

If DNS changing works, then your ISP is doing something to block the connection. Might not be malice, could be incompetence, but that’s what it is. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If DNS changing works, then your ISP is doing something to block the connection. Might not be malice, could be incompetence, but that’s what it is. 

Good to know. I know almost nothing about IT and how these kinds of servers work, but Singularity had been deteriorating for years before it became almost completely inaccessible. Not sure how this allows for a change, but not taking it for granted lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

I have absolutely NO IDEA why this works, but inputting the DNS settings for the Blur community server into my internet settings allowed me to flawlessly rejoin Singularity. I'm sitting in a lobby with two other people as I type this. If I end up popping Extermination Addict soon, this stands as my notice. I have 3 witnesses to back me up on this.

Unfortunately u will get flagged sadly.  Blur dns not allowed closed server.   It's funny blur works perfect  no dns setting required but  Singularity don't. Work at all.  U better wait on cheat team for it. Love to play self 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, demonviper666 said:

Unfortunately u will get flagged sadly.  Blur dns not allowed closed server.   It's funny blur works perfect  no dns setting required but  Singularity don't. Work at all.  U better wait on cheat team for it. Love to play self 

The issue is that some people can access it without needing to change DNS settings, but some people’s ISPs seem to be mass blocked. I’d love to get CRT’s perspective on the matter. @Squirlruler 

Just now, DaivRules said:

Please don’t speak on behalf of the Cheater Removers. They can speak on their own behalf. 

Your interpretation of the situation is flawed. A device DNS change requires no permission from the Cheater Removers. Everyone should already be using Google or Cloudflares open DNS settings on their devices, including routers and consoles to avoid ISP interference and generally get better experiences.

While connecting to a custom DNS for a custom server for some games is part of the process for that particular game, that’s a completely separate situation than what’s happening here. 

Thank you for the clarification, Daiv. I sent a message to B1rvine with the entire context for the situation, so hopefully those interested in finishing Singularity won't be left in limbo over whether its a legitimate method.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, demonviper666 said:

I know very little about this subject, but those DNS settings don't actually connect to a specified custom server for Singularity, correct? I believe this game uses peer-to-peer networking. Every lobby requires a host. 

• Like 1