Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

9 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

They're idiots. Shutting down and delisting the old Unreal Tournament games on PC... they reached legendary status ages ago, especially UT99.

Not played it recently but UT2004 was surprisingly active when I last played it like a year ago. Stupid to shut a game with a active community

2 hours ago, UnhallowedBlood said:

The only ones that are unobtainable are Rock Band 2 and possibly Rock Band Blitz; I don't remember if Blitz had online trophies, but it was delisted quite a while ago so most people won't even get a shot at it. Rock Band 1 doesn't have a trophy list, so no worries there.

The other Rock Band platinums are still obtainable and always will be since they have no online-only trophies, but after their servers shut down their co-op trophies will be much less convenient to earn since you will have to do them locally; this means you will likely need all 4 instruments--a microphone, drums, 2 guitars--and 2-3 friends you know in-person who are relatively good at Rock Band.

The servers for Green Day Rock Band actually went down a good while ago, so the co-op trophies for that one already have to be done locally.

they never added an online for country track pack 2 correct? the only rock bands i need to finish are pro bass/guitar on rb3, drum trainers on green day, then i need the 1mil points and multiplier on country track pack 2 (pretty sure i 100 metal track pack and country pack 1.... the 1mil points on 1 was quite a feat and i dont know if i can get my friends and brothers back together to do the 1mil points on country 2).

5 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

A friend gifted me UT GOTY on steam just over two weeks ago, it still has a bunch of active games at any time and has been a ton of fun. Really weird to just randomly say nope to an actively played game. 

55 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

Not played it recently but UT2004 was surprisingly active when I last played it like a year ago. Stupid to shut a game with a active community

They most likely are removing service for them as they announced UT3 will become UT3X which will be a new free to play versions with online crossplay between all PC versions.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/13210/Unreal_Tournament_3_X/

It also won't have any in-game purchases though that sounds they mean like a marketplace type deal like many other games use. (They could release new map packs possibly at least as paid dlc.) I'm kinda hoping with this update they will do a port to consoles. I honestly liked UT3.

1 hour ago, ChowderlyDude said:

they never added an online for country track pack 2 correct? the only rock bands i need to finish are pro bass/guitar on rb3, drum trainers on green day, then i need the 1mil points and multiplier on country track pack 2 (pretty sure i 100 metal track pack and country pack 1.... the 1mil points on 1 was quite a feat and i dont know if i can get my friends and brothers back together to do the 1mil points on country 2).

The track packs don't have online multiplayer, so you would have to do them locally.

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

From what I remember of the Orange Box, the only MP is for Team Fortress 2 but it's academic anyway, because the Orange Box has no trophies and I can't imagine many people still play it these days.

The Orange Box was useful for accepting terms and conditions to access other EA multiplayer games like Mercs 2 (before it shutdown). I’m not sure if something like that is still necessary for another old EA game out there that is still online. There is practically no one playing TF2 on PS3.

Shadows of the Damned is also on EA’s list, but no online trophies for that, right?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dreamcast12 said:

Is this game available in the store?

how long do the online take

1 minute ago, serrated-banner9 said:

Is this game available in the store?

how long do the online take

Most trophies but 2 are quick and easy. The Havoc wave 10 and the 1000 matches are deal breakers. The game can be stacked EU/NA with many trophies popping for both versions including the 1000 matches. Havoc and some trophies like Mosquito Trap  Goliath Down! Ninja Skills Two Birds One Stone need to be completed again

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Metal Slime King said:

Owners have asked that all further requests to spend money fixing a game we aren't selling anymore to be submitted written on toilet paper so as to not clog the toilet again in the future.

- Management

However, some publishers and developers are fixing online trophies to be achievable without servers in their games even after server shutdowns and/or delisting from sale. Despite the "financial inexpediency", because in addition to this there is also an invaluable reputation.

For example, Disintegration, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, Jump Force. What about Jump Force, it was delisted for months before getting a patch.

So there is still hope. In addition, FUSER is not such an old game, so as not to release the final patch for it, it was released in 2020. And the FUSER Support did not deny the possibility of releasing a patch. All that remains for us now is to wait for new information.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Asim_25 said:

For example, Disintegration, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, Jump Force. What about Jump Force, it was delisted for months before getting a patch.

These games honestly should be considered unique exceptions honestly. Each game had its own community that contacted them about changing the trophies and we were honestly lucky we got more receptive devs in this manner.

But also all three of these games basically had tacked on multiplayer modes so removal of their modes and changing of the specific trophies were very easy. In Disintegration and Shadow's case both of them are pretty much a solid single player focused games, that had multiplayer added on. With Jump Force it's a bit unique as while ranked play required the server, the normal vs modes were peer to peer. But again all these were only confirmed changing after fans asked them to change it.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Hysteria said:

As I searched through the US ps store , I can confirm it’s delisted. 

It's seems it had a worldwide delisting last week when they made the announcement.

Ive checked a few regions and nothing yet, but apparently if you have access to the trial version you can still buy the unlock key through it I've heard.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

It's seems it had a worldwide delisting last week when they made the announcement.

Ive checked a few regions and nothing yet, but apparently if you have access to the trial version you can still buy the unlock key through it I've heard.

Man in 2023 , it will be tougher for trophies hunters .

• Like 1