Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

11 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Googles DNS: 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 or Cloudflares: 1.1.1.1 will just properly connect to the Singularity servers, no custom servers involved. Really any DNS that isn’t blocking the connection to the official servers, for whatever reason they are, should suffice. 

Are there any known custom servers for Singularity?

As someone who became absolutely obsessed with finding a workaround, no such thing exists as far as I’m aware. I scoured all of the lists of fan and custom servers of select PS3 games and Singularity was on none of those lists.

• Like 2

On 12/02/2023 at 9:07 PM, nrs1nrs1 said:

I have absolutely NO IDEA why this works, but inputting the DNS settings for the Blur community server into my internet settings allowed me to flawlessly rejoin

On 12/02/2023 at 10:29 PM, demonviper666 said:

Unfortunately u will get flagged sadly.  Blur dns not allowed closed server.   It's funny blur works perfect  no dns setting required

On 12/02/2023 at 11:09 PM, DaivRules said:

Please don’t speak on behalf of the Cheater Removers. They can speak on their own behalf. 

Your interpretation of the situation is flawed. A device DNS change requires no permission from the Cheater Removers. Everyone should already be using Google or Cloudflares open DNS settings on their devices, including routers and consoles to avoid ISP interference and generally get better experiences.

While connecting to a custom DNS for a custom server for some games is part of the process for that particular game, that’s a completely separate situation than what’s happening here.

Assuming the "community server" for Blur is the one I think it is, the CRT have already spoken on the issue.

I'm not sure on the situation with Singularity, so can't comment.

15 hours ago, iXanon said:

Assuming the "community server" for Blur is the one I think it is, the CRT have already spoken on the issue.

I'm not sure on the situation with Singularity, so can't comment.

The Domain Name System is a standard networking protocol specified in RFC 1035 (and 1034) and is one of the Things That Make Internet Work(tm). It's not running on the "Blur Community Server" service or any other proprietary service CRT has the issue about, it's an industry standard service of it's own that allows computers to know what the heck are you talking about when you type "psnprofiles.com" in your browser. Stop mixing things.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Suminya said:

Here's another weird delisting from the Japanese PlayStation Store:

Both versions of the original Ryu ga Gotoku Ishin / Like a Dragon Ishin (PS4 & PS3) have been delisted from the store without warning, literally days before the remake comes out. Even the PS Vita companion app for the game has been removed. So unless you already bought it at some point in the past, the only way to acquire and experience OG Ishin at this point is a physical copy.

And just for the record, here's the link for the PS4 version, which now throws up an error: https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0177-CUSA00163_00-RYUGAGOTOKUISHIN

If anyone wants to grab a cheap copy of OG Ishin, here's probably the cheapest option on the internet: https://www.play-asia.com/ryu-ga-gotoku-ishin-new-price-version-japanese/13/70964b?tagid=567527

Tried to check the Singapore PSN Store and OG Ishin! was delisted on there as well (also Amazon JP also has fewer suitable options for the physical OG release, so PlayAsia is the most suitable way to go if someone want to get the OG Ishin!). It is either very similar case when the original GTA Trilogy got removed after the remake was released (Vice City, San Andreas & III) or it may have something to do with the voice actor cast and their agreements since the Ishin Kiwami and OG Ishin! has different cast (however these are only my guesses).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

or it may have something to do with the voice actor cast and their agreements since the Ishin Kiwami and OG Ishin! has different cast (however these are only my guesses).

It it was true, they would remove Yakuza 4 and Dead Souls from PSN. No, it's an old classic "screw you, buy our new product" policy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UNLEADED_BRONZE said:

1f914.pngIm surprised Warfighter still online

Yet not enough players too/2 start game

I'd loling if it was a listed game server shutdown that didn't happen 

Warfighter may be harder to shut down since it's tied to Battlelog stat tracking website / EA Origin for the online. It may be hard to uncoupled that game from the other games (Battlefield 4 / Battlefield Hardline / Battlefield 1).

• Like 4

Want to share that for Guns Up! Server shutdown. There's only two more Alliance Wars left for medals so currently it's not possible to get all three stacks unless a medal has been previously earned in one of these stacks.

A couple of players are trying to make contact with devs to see if they can slightly extend the closure by eight days at least. Since another Alliance War should be technically starting on its day of closure.

• Like 3

So a while back there was a warning issued on that The Outbound Ghost may get removed suddenly from sale. It appears the drama between the developer Conrad and the publisher have reached a new head. After failing to get his game removed before he has issued DMCA strikes against all storefronts this week in attempt to remove the games again.

Nothing may come if this as like last time when Conrad tried to get them removed it was shown he was possibly willingly avoiding his contract with the pub. But worth mentioning again.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/outbound-ghost-devs-dmca-strike-their-own-game-and-accuse-publisher-of-withholding-royalties

• Like 2