[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

1 minute ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I only need 4 trophies before tha plat. Only kills with the hammer, a few superpower kills, all challenges and 20h playtime left. These shouldn't glitch. The grind was meant for the remaining challenges and mony farming for upgrading weapons.

Did you by the upgrades? You need the clusters you get from them to buy everything. I alway have to saves in this game.

I had a weird bug on the 360 though. I wasn't able to play the comet fireball minigame. Evertime the bar was full, my console froze. I had to jump out of the car before the bar was full. Took much longer back than to get the distance required.

Yeah, saw that a bit late. Shouldn't be bad at all to finish off.

Bought the upgrades as soon as they popped up, collected everything on the map and got the "100% cluster" trophy, just happened to be one or two short of being able to buy the last upgrade.

That sounds like a pain, that one was annoying enough to get when it worked...

3 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Yeah, saw that a bit late. Shouldn't be bad at all to finish off.

Bought the upgrades as soon as they popped up, collected everything on the map and got the "100% cluster" trophy, just happened to be one or two short of being able to buy the last upgrade.

That sounds like a pain, that one was annoying enough to get when it worked...

It took me around three hours more than required for the trophy to get the remaining money. This time I still need 5 hours for the trophy and around 30 challenged. Should be much less work this time. I bought the diamond sting as soon as I could to farm money with it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

July? There've been a good number of people skipping this month, myself included. By far the most this year.  :dunno:

Not sure why, it sounds like there is many options, but the one's I think people have used this month I already have done.

So, if I may have a skip please

12 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Not sure why, it sounds like there is many options, but the one's I think people have used this month I already have done.

So, if I may have a skip please

I think it's a combination of the time of year and the KYC event, mainly.

Sure thing, updated you.

• Like 1

@Edunstar84

@Enma8910

@Kent10201

@NekoSama87

Just a reminder, you don't seem to have a game listed for July. Still plenty of time to post one, if you'd like - you also have skips available if you'd like to use one of them.  :)

@Edunstar84 Something seems to be off with your list. I'm seeing one skip used but not what it was used on, so either it missed getting marked or you should have two. Do you happen to remember?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

@Edunstar84

@Enma8910

@Kent10201

@NekoSama87

Just a reminder, you don't seem to have a game listed for July. Still plenty of time to post one, if you'd like - you also have skips available if you'd like to use one of them.  :)

@Edunstar84 Something seems to be off with your list. I'm seeing one skip used but not what it was used on, so either it missed getting marked or you should have two. Do you happen to remember?

Yeah sorry that's my fault, @Edunstar84 said he wanted to use a skip so I changed the number to reflect it but he didn't say what game he's done to replace it. 

5 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Yeah sorry that's my fault, @Edunstar84 said he wanted to use a skip so I changed the number to reflect it but he didn't say what game he's done to replace it. 

Huh? I thought if I used a skip, then I don't have to play a game for the month. I must've misunderstood. I'll use Hitman Go. Will wrap it up today.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Huh? I thought if I used a skip, then I don't have to play a game for the month. I must've misunderstood. I'll use Hitman Go. Will wrap it up today.

Previously, at least, it seemed to be basically "substitute in a game that doesn't count". It isn't clear, though, so I'll just use it as a blank if that's what you want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SyIaris said:

Previously, at least, it seemed to be basically "substitute in a game that doesn't count". It isn't clear, though, so I'll just use it as a blank if that's what you want.

No, it's okay. I'll use Hitman Go for July. Will let you know once I have the plat.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

13 hours ago, SyIaris said:

11 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

No, it's okay. I'll use Hitman Go for July. Will let you know once I have the plat.

Sorry I thought that was one of the rules of using a skip as Falion always used to say what game do you want to use instead and then people would say what game they wanted to use. I'm sorry for any confusion :/

@SyIaris, do you think we should make it clear on the OP?

EDIT: Never mind it is on the OP already :) 

Edited by RizzleAbbey12

1 minute ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Sorry I thought that was one of the rules of using a skip as Falion always used to say what game do you want to use instead and then people would say what game they wanted to use. I'm sorry for any confusion :/

Got the plat for Hitman Go!

• Like 1

Unity is going to have me dreaming of these stupid chests~

9 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

EDIT: Never mind it is on the OP already :) 

Ah, so it is. I was looking at the rules.  :facepalm:

Not sure if we should move it or keep it there...

8 hours ago, Hemiak said:

End of a July stats.

Plats:125

100%: no change 

Comp: 72.56%

Updated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Ah, so it is. I was looking at the rules.  :facepalm:

Not sure if we should move it or keep it there...

Well we could perhaps move it to be apart of the rules section or we could keep it there in case people can't find it afterwards. 

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Well we could perhaps move it to be apart of the rules section or we could keep it there in case people can't find it afterwards. 

Or add in a brief mention in the rules and leave the rest where it is.  :dunno:

Don't mind me, just checking this month's theme... Hmmm, cities... I'm guessing Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack counts (five 'worlds' with a few levels each; world 2 is a city and world 5 is a metropolis, I've only done world 1 so far though), which I'm playing through PS Now this week (if it does not crash too much) so I should be able to sneak in a :silver: again.

As said, I've been playing Switch mostly but the weather is going bad again so I've returned to PS4 as well. Doing Elite Dangerous mostly but since I have more time than usual this next week I decided to try out PS Now. So far, not great - need to play in the living room with a LAN cable to be able to get a good connection and I still got disconnected/frozen a few times.

11 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Unity is going to have me dreaming of these stupid chests~

... Jup. They should have just done a trophy for 100% side mission completion.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Don't mind me, just checking this month's theme... Hmmm, cities... I'm guessing Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack counts (five 'worlds' with a few levels each; world 2 is a city and world 5 is a metropolis, I've only done world 1 so far though), which I'm playing through PS Now this week (if it does not crash too much) so I should be able to sneak in a :silver: again.

As said, I've been playing Switch mostly but the weather is going bad again so I've returned to PS4 as well. Doing Elite Dangerous mostly but since I have more time than usual this next week I decided to try out PS Now. So far, not great - need to play in the living room with a LAN cable to be able to get a good connection and I still got disconnected/frozen a few times.

... Jup. They should have just done a trophy for 100% side mission completion.

Yep, sounds like it should be good.

PS Now is a good idea with some iffy systems behind it... seems like it's a pretty small group that has it run well most of the time. Whatcha been playing on Switch?

It's honestly weird that they didn't. I wasted a bunch of time yesterday pointlessly doing missions - 'cause hey, the DLC requires them.

30 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Yep, sounds like it should be good.

PS Now is a good idea with some iffy systems behind it... seems like it's a pretty small group that has it run well most of the time. Whatcha been playing on Switch?

Well, I still play Mario Kart occasionally but mostly only when other people join in.

I bought three new games:

Death Squared: awesome puzzle game, it's available on PS4 as well. I can really recommend this one, I completed the story and I'll move on to the multiplayer levels once my gaming mates have set a date.

Snake Pass: great platformer, available on PS4 as well. I've done two out of four worlds at the moment, it's got a good learning curve and great level design. You don't move too fast as a snake but that's not a big issue as the levels are packed with stuff, so you don't need to auto-pilot traverse a lot like in the Banjo-Kazooie games.

Bulb Boy: hardly played it because I want to play it in one go, tried the first two rooms and it's awesome. Really weird puzzle game, some people online compare it to Courage The Cowardly Dog (if that rings a bell), I'm not completely sold on that comparison but there are definitely some overlapping themes.

30 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

It's honestly weird that they didn't. I wasted a bunch of time yesterday pointlessly doing missions - 'cause hey, the DLC requires them.

Don't see it as pointless, see it as fun playtime without trophies :)

The Assassin's Creed games have a lot of cool side content not linked to trophies, personally I think there should be a 100% DNA completion in each, with chests not counting towards completion.

3 hours ago, SyIaris said:

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

The Assassin's Creed games have a lot of cool side content not linked to trophies, personally I think there should be a 100% DNA completion in each, with chests not counting towards completion.

I'm going for the 100% in all AC games. I want to experience everything there is.

I don't know why so many people complain about the chests. It was a bit tedious but not bad.

23 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I'm going for the 100% in all AC games. I want to experience everything there is.

I don't know why so many people complain about the chests. It was a bit tedious but not bad.

... I had done everything in Unity except the chests and it STILL took me two full days of gaming to get the remaining chests. It's bad. It's very bad, especially since I started the game with exploring Paris and I refurbished all theatres right away so I had more money than I knew what to do with by sequence three. Chests are useless, and the locked ones are damn annoying.

48 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Nothing wrong with that - I usually get close, but only open chests I directly stumble into. I'm literally a millionaire in this one, they're completely useless for me. The only chests I actually care about (gold, for costumes) don't even count.

Wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't next to impossible to open rank 3 chests earlier in the game. Meant I only picked up some white collectibles on the way to/from missions and couldn't get the money when it would have helped.  :S

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well, I still play Mario Kart occasionally but mostly only when other people join in.

I bought three new games:

Death Squared: awesome puzzle game, it's available on PS4 as well. I can really recommend this one, I completed the story and I'll move on to the multiplayer levels once my gaming mates have set a date.

Snake Pass: great platformer, available on PS4 as well. I've done two out of four worlds at the moment, it's got a good learning curve and great level design. You don't move too fast as a snake but that's not a big issue as the levels are packed with stuff, so you don't need to auto-pilot traverse a lot like in the Banjo-Kazooie games.

Bulb Boy: hardly played it because I want to play it in one go, tried the first two rooms and it's awesome. Really weird puzzle game, some people online compare it to Courage The Cowardly Dog (if that rings a bell), I'm not completely sold on that comparison but there are definitely some overlapping themes.

Awesome, glad you've found so many good ones to play! I seem to remember hearing pretty mixed things about Snake Pass when it came out. Other two don't really sound familiar, I'll have to look 'em up.

Considering I'm sick of the glitches and wonky combat/climbing, it still counts as pointless. Heck, the friend I started this with quit because they're so bad. I wanna be done.  :P

The co-op is great, though. Wish this game hadn't bombed so they'd be more likely to do it again.

Agreed, it'd make more sense that way. The missions are a lot more interesting than 100 gold chest #168.