[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

10 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Chose cities. Haven't really checked my list of games, but it seems safe enough.

Yeah, definitely seems like it'd be the easiest one to match stuff to. They all should be doable, though.

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

Life is Strange is a great game at least.

Thanks!

I'm part of the Weeblympics event, and it's part of my list over there. It's an event for doing 20 Japanese UR plats by 2020. I played Sonic Unleashed on 360, and while the night stages aren't that great (and are definitely strange), the day time stages are fun and just normal Sonic. I figured it'd be great to be able to finally plat it and knock out a game for two events at once, if cities gets picked. Since the game's hubs are all cities. xD

Beautiful visuals and audio, but I seem to be in the minority - I kind of hated it. Had some very bad subjects for me.  :dunno:

Ah, that makes sense. I looked at that event too, but my "weeb" game collection doesn't have enough URs in it...

I've heard some of the night stages are really tough. Glad it's still got a good bit of fun to it, though!  ^_^

It can certainly be satisfying to jump back to something that's been sitting around for ages and finish it off.

• Like 1

Earned the Plat for FFX tonight. The world is set in the ruins of a great civilization and... Heavy plot pointd make this a shoe in for the future category. Since it's set in an alternate world I wouldn't even attempt to go for the hardcore challenge. 

It should fit the Retro since it release in 2000 I think. It also counts for the what the hell thread so that's another event. 

121 plats

100% no change 

Comp% - not bothering this month since KYC

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Earned the Plat for FFX tonight. The world is set in the ruins of a great civilization and... Heavy plot pointd make this a shoe in for the future category. Since it's set in an alternate world I wouldn't even attempt to go for the hardcore challenge. 

It should fit the Retro since it release in 2000 I think. It also counts for the what the hell thread so that's another event. 

121 plats

100% no change 

Comp% - not bothering this month since KYC

Updated, and nice work on finishing it off. I know there're a couple tough trophies and the sphere grid's gotta require a bunch of grinding. :)

• Like 1

VLR Plat done:

1Le7d4a1.png

(potential spoiler hinting?)

Spoiler

Also counts as Hardcore Requirement due to... mostly spoilery stuff that fits this theme later in the game/the later routes

Really liked the game, the escape puzzles were fun and the story had a lot of interesting twists :D Been years since I played 999 and good to finally get around to the sequel... now on to ZTD later at some point!

• Like 1

On 7/19/2017 at 11:43 AM, Zanreo said:

VLR Plat done:

1Le7d4a1.png

(potential spoiler hinting?)

Reveal hidden contents

Also counts as Hardcore Requirement due to... mostly spoilery stuff that fits this theme later in the game/the later routes

Really liked the game, the escape puzzles were fun and the story had a lot of interesting twists :D Been years since I played 999 and good to finally get around to the sequel... now on to ZTD later at some point!

Updated you, and sorry for the delay - was unexpectedly busy the last couple days.

ZTD was great, easily a toss-up between it and Long Live the Queen for my favorite VN. I didn't catch it was part of a series, though, so it's the only one I've played (whoops). Hope you enjoy it when you get to it!

Glad you liked VLR, sounds like the whole trilogy is good.  :)

• Like 2

Finished Day Of The Tentacle last night. 

One of the characters gets sent 200 years in the future. There's advanced technology, and a time travel machine. You don't visit space or see any robots but 200 years isn't all that long, so not sure if this counts for hardcore or not. 

It was played for KYC4, and definitely qualifies for the Retro challenge. That should be 3 games this month that count. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 2

Hey all, I beat htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary earlier this month for the platinum trophy.  Without going too much into it for potential spoilers, this game certainly features advanced technology in a near future setting, so I think it qualifies for the HC requirement as well.  The game itself was actually a pretty bad experience to be completely honest.  It was a classic example of how artificial difficulty can ruin a game.  The plot was interesting, the art was good, and the puzzles were fine, but the gameplay made everything a horrible slog and far more frustrating than it had any right to be.  I mean I guess I'm glad I played all the way through for the interesting story, but it's really hard to recommend.  Here is the trophy image along with my updated stats.

1S6f24b7.png

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +13

100% completed: +6

Completion: +5.07%

• Like 2

So, for the month of August, I'll make it easy and say I want to do FFX-2, which has mountains, oceans, cities and jungles simultaneously.

I also platted Stein;s Gate for the month of July, but I don't think I'll do Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time after all. I'm kind of in an FF mood now. My new stats:

Plats: 230 

100% Complete: 293

Completion: 79.67%

• Like 1

I apologise for the late reply/updating of your stats, it's not been a very good week for me so I've just lost myself in Stardew Valley for a few days.

On 24 July 2017 at 3:17 PM, Hemiak said:

Finished Day Of The Tentacle last night. 

One of the characters gets sent 200 years in the future. There's advanced technology, and a time travel machine. You don't visit space or see any robots but 200 years isn't all that long, so not sure if this counts for hardcore or not. 

It was played for KYC4, and definitely qualifies for the Retro challenge. That should be 3 games this month that count. 

Congrats on finishing Day Of The Tentacle! :yay:Hope you had fun with it. I've updated your stats for you!

On 25 July 2017 at 0:56 AM, cerafinn said:

I might be using a skip this month. I haven't been able to even really start working on any games except for LEGO Batman 3 and I'm pretty sure it doesn't count for this month's theme.

Okay that's no problem, I've updated you stats so you know how many you have left. Have fun with LEGO Batman! :) 

On 25 July 2017 at 4:33 AM, Komrade_Konrad said:

Hey all, I beat htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary earlier this month for the platinum trophy.  Without going too much into it for potential spoilers, this game certainly features advanced technology in a near future setting, so I think it qualifies for the HC requirement as well.  The game itself was actually a pretty bad experience to be completely honest.  It was a classic example of how artificial difficulty can ruin a game.  The plot was interesting, the art was good, and the puzzles were fine, but the gameplay made everything a horrible slog and far more frustrating than it had any right to be.  I mean I guess I'm glad I played all the way through for the interesting story, but it's really hard to recommend.  Here is the trophy image along with my updated stats.

1S6f24b7.png

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +13

100% completed: +6

Completion: +5.07%

Congrats on finishing your game for July! :yay: I'm glad to hear you enjoyed part of the game and it does sound pretty interesting, plus the name is quite interesting on its own. :) I've updated your stats for this month!

18 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, for the month of August, I'll make it easy and say I want to do FFX-2, which has mountains, oceans, cities and jungles simultaneously.

I also platted Stein;s Gate for the month of July, but I don't think I'll do Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time after all. I'm kind of in an FF mood now. My new stats:

Plats: 230 

100% Complete: 293

Completion: 79.67%

Congrats on finishing Stein;s Gate 0 for July! :shakefist: I've updated your stats and FFX-2 sounds like a good choice for next months theme and I see you've already started it so good luck with that! :) Oh I know what you mean about being in the mood for certain games, right now all I want to play is farming/exploration games, like Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon and Rune Factory :P 

• Like 2

Finally finished a game this month. OK, yeah I did Energy Cycle but that left a real bad taste, not into those games where a plat is the only purpose of the games existence.  Sound Shapes was way more enjoyable than that.

Anyway, I completed the plat for 2064: Read Only Memories. Near future point and click with a really good story, well put together and challenging trophy list. You are trying to help the first sapient robot find out what happened to his creator.

Other than that, KYC and lots of RL have limited my completions this month. Hoping to catch some up next month along with starting games for the Weeblympics event.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Okay that's no problem, I've updated you stats so you know how many you have left. Have fun with LEGO Batman! :) 

Thanks, although I may have spoken too soon. I just finished Nova-111, which fits into the theme nicely, what with spaceships and lasers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cerafinn said:

Thanks, although I may have spoken too soon. I just finished Nova-111, which fits into the theme nicely, what with spaceships and lasers.

Would you like to use Nova-111 as your game for July? You can have your skip back so you'll be back up to two skips available. :) 

Looks like Cities will be the next theme. Most games should have cities in them. I might be able to do Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, since that takes place in London. But I wonder if I have something easier in my backlog list. Don't want to have to use another skip. I was thinking of saving it for November/December.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Would you like to use Nova-111 as your game for July? You can have your skip back so you'll be back up to two skips available. :) 

Yes, please. ^ o ^

EDIT: Oh, and a question--is the event going to be ending in December or continuing on next year? And what happens with skips at the end of the year if we do continue into next?

Edited by cerafinn
  • Like 1

On 26 July 2017 at 4:15 PM, Kevvik said:

Finally finished a game this month. OK, yeah I did Energy Cycle but that left a real bad taste, not into those games where a plat is the only purpose of the games existence.  Sound Shapes was way more enjoyable than that.

Anyway, I completed the plat for 2064: Read Only Memories. Near future point and click with a really good story, well put together and challenging trophy list. You are trying to help the first sapient robot find out what happened to his creator.

Other than that, KYC and lots of RL have limited my completions this month. Hoping to catch some up next month along with starting games for the Weeblympics event.

Congrats on finishing a game for this months theme! :D I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed 2064: Read Only Memories! I've updated your stats for you. Have fun with the Weeblympics next month! :) 

11 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Looks like Cities will be the next theme. Most games should have cities in them. I might be able to do Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, since that takes place in London. But I wonder if I have something easier in my backlog list. Don't want to have to use another skip. I was thinking of saving it for November/December.

Yeah it looks like it, but I'm going to leave it a couple of days yet before I make the announcement. You know, I might do Assassin's Creed: Syndicate as its been on my shelf for so long. I hope you manage to find something you'd like to play for next month. :) 

6 hours ago, cerafinn said:

Yes, please. ^ o ^

EDIT: Oh, and a question--is the event going to be ending in December or continuing on next year? And what happens with skips at the end of the year if we do continue into next?

And that's updated for you :P Well done on finishing a game for this month! :) 

In answer to your question, I would have thought that, if everyone wants to, the event would be carrying on next year. And I think we would reset the skips so that it's a nice fresh start for the year. :) Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

In answer to your question, I would have thought that, if everyone wants to, the event would be carrying on next year. And I think we would reset the skips so that it's a nice fresh start for the year. :) Hope this helps! 

If the event continues next year, would you make new themes or just use this year's themes again?

I'd prefere new ones. There should be plenty of themes left to choose from.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

If the event continues next year, would you make new themes or just use this year's themes again?

I'd prefere new ones. There should be plenty of themes left to choose from.

Yeah we would definitely make some new themes as it would be a bit boring if we stuck with these ones as you'd all know what to expect and we'd want you to be surprised after all! :D  We have a pretty good base from all the theme that everyone's suggested on here so it won't be tricky to pick me themes. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MortalRikku said:

So.... I got the plat for Horizon Zero Dawn ^_^ 

Spent the whole month with no multiplayer so going to catch up with that until the new month starts :P 

Nice! Congrats on getting it done - you're all making me jealous.

Hope you have fun with multiplayer.  ^_^

• Like 2

On 1-7-2017 at 0:21 PM, Official-ME- said:

STATS: (Will update this before every month)

Platinum (23)

100% (13)

Completion (85,64%)

Updated with the provided stats for July

Completed games that fit the monthly theme ( :gold: rank)

1. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/280-sonic-the-hedgehog-4-episode-i/Official-ME-

Lbaae52.png

• Also fits the challenge rank (space, robots, etc)

Please don't mind the quoted formatting, and as always thanks for updating (^_^ )

• Like 1

@Official-ME-, well done on finishing your game for July's theme! :D I've updated your stats and thank you for give me them.

Okay everyone, so I think we already know what theme has won for this month but I'll announce it anyway :P 

August Theme - Cities

Hardcore Requirement - A combination of two settings - A City next to or in a Mountain/Ocean/Jungle. 

If you didn't manage to complete your latest July game, you still have 24 hours from the time of this post to finish your game and post about it in the thread. You can, however, already earn ranks for August as of now.

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 2

Unfortunately I only managed to complete my one game I already posted.

But I already started to play Saint's Row Gat out of Hell, which will count for next month. Still need a lot of grinding to do.

Here are my stats to copy/past:

Platinum trophies: +11
100% completed: +2
Completion: +4,42%

Lost roughly 1% during KYC, which isn't that bad.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Unfortunately I only managed to complete my one game I already posted.

But I already started to play Saint's Row Gat out of Hell, which will count for next month. Still need a lot of grinding to do.

Here are my stats to copy/past:

Platinum trophies: +11
100% completed: +2
Completion: +4,42%

Lost roughly 1% during KYC, which isn't that bad.

Thanks for the easy copy/paste.  :)

Be careful, I had it glitch on me pretty good. Collected all the clusters and was somehow short and couldn't buy all the skills - best guess is one partially saved before a crash. Was lucky I had an older save to load from and re-collect the last couple hundred.

Nevermind, looks like you've already got that done. Nice work.  ^_^

Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Thanks for the easy copy/paste.  :)

Be careful, I had it glitch on me pretty good. Collected all the clusters and was somehow short and couldn't buy all the skills - best guess is one partially saved before a crash. Was lucky I had an older save to load from and re-collect the last couple hundred.

I only need 4 trophies before tha plat. Only kills with the hammer, a few superpower kills, all challenges and 20h playtime left. These shouldn't glitch. The grind was meant for the remaining challenges and mony farming for upgrading weapons.

Did you by the upgrades? You need the clusters you get from them to buy everything. I alway have to saves in this game.

I had a weird bug on the 360 though. I wasn't able to play the comet fireball minigame. Evertime the bar was full, my console froze. I had to jump out of the car before the bar was full. Took much longer back than to get the distance required.

• Like 1