[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

4 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Games that inspire you.

This could be games that feature a certain art style that inspires you to take up drawing, a certain type of setting that inspires you to visit somewhere or it could be a certain character that inspires you as you admire them/idolise them. These are all examples though as this theme would give you the freedom to come up with creative ways that the game inspires you and also tell us why it inspires you.

Examples: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Child of Light, TellTale games, Uncharted, Persona, Valliant Hearts etc.

Hardcore Requirement: Games that feature Heroes which must inspire you. - Subject to Change though as I'll have a think to see if it's right for this - Let me know what you think! :) 

This sounds pretty interesting.
If this gets picked, I already have a game for it too. .hack//GU Last Recode comes out next month, and the main character especially was a huge influence on me when I was younger, and helped shape who I am today. I even took his name as part of my gamertag, Haseo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Dang it - I've been so focused on Star Ocean lately that I've forgotten about the game of the month! 

I've got Amnesia and Until Dawn, so I should be able to plat one of those by the end of the month.

You have about 3 weeks, so I think you can pull it off.

On 10/9/2017 at 2:27 PM, ExHaseo said:

I accidentally beat a game that fits the theme of the month, A Hat in Time. The Subcon Forest area is beyond creepy, and one of the missions legit scared me (you have to hide from this demon/ghost chick that transforms people in crystal). Unfortunately, it was on Steam. But if I don't do anything else, that at least nets me a Silver for the month, so w00!

Dunno how it works for non-PSN games, so here's a link to my Steam profile as proof. http://steamcommunity.com/id/exhaseo/

Looks like you were accidentally missed, sorry about that. Nothing wrong with playing on other platforms, just makes the platinum rank a bit harder. Thanks for the link.  :)

Yep, that's a silver. Looks like a cute game, too!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SyIaris said:
On 09/10/2017 at 10:27 PM, ExHaseo said:

I accidentally beat a game that fits the theme of the month, A Hat in Time. The Subcon Forest area is beyond creepy, and one of the missions legit scared me (you have to hide from this demon/ghost chick that transforms people in crystal). Unfortunately, it was on Steam. But if I don't do anything else, that at least nets me a Silver for the month, so w00!

Dunno how it works for non-PSN games, so here's a link to my Steam profile as proof. http://steamcommunity.com/id/exhaseo/

I'm sorry about this ExHaseo! I must have missed it when everyone updated at the same time the other day so I'm sorry about that :) 

20 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@SyIaris @RizzleAbbey12 Have you decided wether to continue this event next year or not?

If you want to continue, can we send you suggestions for themes? I might have some which could be interesting.

I'll probably be stopping or potentially be partial/backup help if it continues. Not quite sure yet, though.

That said, if anyone wants to PM them to the shared account that made the first post, there's easy access for however it might go.  :)

• Like 1

Got my plat for this month, completing Yomawari: Night Alone. Nice creepy little game with really good atmosphere. Even better with the lights out and headphones on.  Looking foreword to Firefly Diary once I get to starting it.

Also finished Submerged but outside of a cutscene with some humanoids curiously standing over a teenage girl while she sleeps, nothing to qualify for creepy. Working on The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (for the Weeblympics) as well so we will see if we add to this month's totals or not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Looks like you were accidentally missed, sorry about that. Nothing wrong with playing on other platforms, just makes the platinum rank a bit harder. Thanks for the link.  :)

Yep, that's a silver. Looks like a cute game, too!

3 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I'm sorry about this ExHaseo! I must have missed it when everyone updated at the same time the other day so I'm sorry about that :) 

No worried doods. I hadn't even noticed it wasn't added yet. :]

And yeah, A Hat in Time was pretty cute. Super fun too. Once it comes out on PS4, I'll probably pick it up again. Especially if it has a plat.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2017 at 0:27 AM, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Well Done on finishing Thimbleweed Park! I've updated your stats for you and added the picture you gave me. What did you reckon to it? 

I relly liked it; fans of the classics (Day Of The Tentacle, Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis, Sam And Max Hit The Road, The Secret Of Monkey Island, Full Throttle) will certainly enjoy this game too.

It hasn't dethroned my top two games (Day Of The Tentacle and Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis) but it's really good.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@SyIaris @RizzleAbbey12 Have you decided wether to continue this event next year or not?

If you want to continue, can we send you suggestions for themes? I might have some which could be interesting.

I'd be willing to carry on the event next year if there was a call for it on here so count me in! :P Go ahead and send the suggestions you have! I'm curious to see which ones you have as I've got a few in mind.

18 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Got my plat for this month, completing Yomawari: Night Alone. Nice creepy little game with really good atmosphere. Even better with the lights out and headphones on.  Looking foreword to Firefly Diary once I get to starting it.

Also finished Submerged but outside of a cutscene with some humanoids curiously standing over a teenage girl while she sleeps, nothing to qualify for creepy. Working on The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (for the Weeblympics) as well so we will see if we add to this month's totals or not.

Congrats on getting your first October plat! :) I've updated your stats for you. I'd definitely count Submerged as creepy as those humanoids are SERIOUSLY strange and made me jump quite a few times when I played it. I'd also say that both The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters would be classed as creepy as I've played The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and that's totally creepy just with the setting and story alone. I'll look forward to your update with those in! :) 

9 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I relly liked it; fans of the classics (Day Of The Tentacle, Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis, Sam And Max Hit The Road, The Secret Of Monkey Island, Full Throttle) will certainly enjoy this game too.

It hasn't dethroned my top two games (Day Of The Tentacle and Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis) but it's really good.

I'm ashamed to say that I haven't played any of those games yet and I've heard nothing but good things about them as well :). Still I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it!

In other news, I think we will start the poll for next months theme in a couple of days so get your suggestions in before we close it! :P 

10 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Sounds like something for me to pick up. While I really enjoyed DotT and Fate of Atlantis back in the day, I think that Grim Fandango, Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within, The Curse of Monkey Island and The Longest Journey rank up at the top of my adventure games (adding in so many Infocom titles for those who remember text adventures). I wasn't able to walk away from any of those. Add in the lack of easy access walkthroughs (back in the day) for all of the titles we've been talking about, at times begging for hints on bulletin boards and it made for such a sense of accomplishment when you successfully reached the conclusion. I don't think I've felt it the same way during modern gaming.

Hey everyone! I hope your all okay and enjoying this month's theme! ? I've finally managed to get November's poll up so take a look and vote for which one you would like to win! This time I've changed it up a bit as I've included all of the nominations instead of just four seeing as though it's the last Random theme of the event :o!

Voting closes on the 30th of October! :) 

38 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Was a bit more difficult to choose the theme this time, so I went with my own: Games where you play as a group/party/team. I don't really mind which theme wins next month because I have games that fit all of them.

That's how I feel as well :P. I've been sat here for 10 minutes trying to decide what to vote for but I think I'll just wait and see what I fancy playing in the next week or so :).

• Like 1

I'll pick "Games where you Assassin's Creed", and by sheer silly coinkidink BillyHorrible is not the one participant voting for that ?

South Park hasn't really had much scary stuff yet, by the way, but I'm betting I will see something that counts before it's over. For example, I think the vampire kids will make an appearance at some point (since I could list them as a weakness).

4 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

I really hope the one word theme doesn't win. I only have 1 game that fits, and it's a 100+ hour grindfest plat T_T

@SyIaris @RizzleAbbey12

If at the end "one word title" is tied with or at most one ahead of another option, please consider my vote as going for the other option. Unless the other option is the group one, which is even more useless to me.

Also, just going to throw it in here as well: anyone feel like joining the ID/avatar Pokéclub with, @Blissey, @Cubone@Ditto and @Shiny Suicune? It's going to be a thing, decide now that your favourite mon is still available!

• Like 2

@Cubone, okay I will do that if it comes down to it :) 

I did wonder why everyone's names were changing haha. Still have fun with it and I hope you can get loads of people doing it! Sadly, the only Pokemon I know is Pikachu as I've never really been a Pokemon person as I never really got into them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pikachu said:

@Cubone, okay I will do that if it comes down to it :) 

I did wonder why everyone's names were changing haha. Still have fun with it and I hope you can get loads of people doing it! Sadly, the only Pokemon I know is Pikachu as I've never really been a Pokemon person as I never really got into them.

Knowing Pikachu is enough :D welcome!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cubone said:

Also, just going to throw it in here as well: anyone feel like joining the ID/avatar Pokéclub with, @Blissey, @Cubone@Ditto and @Shiny Suicune? It's going to be a thing, decide now that your favourite mon is still available!

I'll also join only with a pic. I don't like to change my name in any kind of forum.

• Like 2