The Last TV Show You Saw?

DanielVT

On 15/01/2013 at 9:42 PM, DanielVT said:

We already have a "Last Movie You Saw?" thread, but it does not cover TV shows. I personally watch more shows than I do movies. So for those that watch more shows than movies or watch both, there is this thread. There really is no need for further explanantion as everyone knows how this works. Carry on!

Last show I've ever watched was jujutsu kaisen a few weeks ago

• 2 weeks later...

NGE_TT_800w.png?v=1908501166049171674162

NGE_CE_01_2x.jpg?v=123532124700560931331

Just started. Original ADV dub.

It's been at least 10 years since I've watched the original anime. 

I've owned the VHS, first dvds ADV/Manga and the first two Platinum dvds that ADV put out. 

This by far is the best it's ever looked. Too bad they removed Fly Me To The Moon.

• Like 4

440px-Law_&_Order-_Special_Victims_Unit_

Law & Order SVU

07.19 Authority (feat. Robin Williams)

10.11 Stranger

I also watched the three L&O 2023 finales before that. Amanda Rollins made a welcome return appearance. ? However, I was sad to see Grace Muncy leaving... while I didn't care too much for her at first, I've warmed up.

The late Robin Williams played his part rather well in Authority. Here you see him in a serious role, and as an antagonist for once.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
  • Like 2

JeopardyMastersLogo.png

Jeopardy! Masters (ABC)

This was the first part of the semi-finals. I'm rooting for Matea Roach, though James Holzhauer looks like the current favorite to win it all. Also playing are Matt Amodio and Andrew He. After tomorrow's 2 games, another player goes home. Ken Jennings has done his usual excellent job as the host, and has had some hilarious banter with the High Roller. One good thing about J! is that it's fast paced, free of the annoying dramatic pause trope that some other game shows suffer from.

DarkNetflixPosterEnglish.jpg

Dark on Netflix. This show has come highly recommended for many years, just now finally getting around to it. Absolutely loving it so far.

It has pretty much everything I enjoy. Time travel, an incredibly intriuging premise and some great atmosphere.

Edited by ChilledBrandon
  • Like 1

I think the last TV show I watched which, I don't even know if it is a TV show cuz it's on a streaming service, is The Mandalorian back in it's like second season? I don't have the greatest attention span for shows and honestly The Mandalorian didn't exactly make me wanna keep liking Star Wars so I dropped off after that. I don't even know what's come out since then to be honest. It's a bit of a hot take but there's a lot of people that find The Mandalorian to be peak because after the sequels they were just happy to have decent storytelling again, but that's about all the show really has going for it? Other than that the second season just felt like a really big advertisement for other shows and also literally ended on an advertisement for Book of Boba Fett. I dunno, maybe I'm weird for not caring too much for it.

Black Mirror Season 6. Definitely prefer it to the last season, helps there's a lot more episodes to dig in to as well. My favourite was the Aaron Paul episode 'Beyond the Sea'.

Joan is Awful I really liked too, especially for the performances by Annie Murphy and Salma Hayek. Both of which were great.

The Walking Dead: Dead City

series premiere

Welcome to New York. So Maggie walks into a bar... and she's there to look up Negan, of all people. Someone's got her son Herschel, and Negan owes her. Off they go to New Babylon. But there's been a wrench thrown into the works. He is now wanted by the community's marshals, which makes him dangerous company to keep. And there are still plenty of walkers.

TWDDC is looking good so far. I like how they're taking the franchise to new locations. The tension between the two leads (Maggie is understandably icy to Negan... think about what he did) should keep things interesting.

Spoiler

Just a few minutes in, we see Maggie feverishly bash a walker's head to bits after it grabs her. Not unlike a certain kill from the Saviors era.

NB's marshals are dirty cops who believe neither in warrants, judges, nor juries. They do believe in "guilty until proven innocent". Some of them show up at the bar where Negan worked as a "groaner exterminator". The bar owner tries to cover for Negan, until Chief Armstrong literally twists her arm (ouch!) and threatens to throw her to some walkers. Once she spills the Long Island iced tea, she's not off the hook. What is her crime now? "Aiding & abetting".  So Armstrong throws her to the walkers anyway.

That "someone" is The Croat, another former member of the Saviors. He's up to the old tricks which his ex-boss Negan had quit long ago. These include running a protection racket against the new Hilltop, and taking Herschel hostage. Negan remembers him as an exceptionally insane SOB.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished off Star Wars: Rebels, fantastic show. Went back and watched the trailer for Ahsoka and it hits so much harder now...can't wait for it. 

Been going back and forth between Rebels and The Sopranos (watch 1 season of one, then 1 season of the other). So Sopranos Season 5 is next up. 

Also been watching Marvel's Secret Invasion every week, so I watched Episode 4 tonight. If they can stick the landing the next 2 weeks, I might have to rate it above Loki as my favorite MCU show so far, it's been top tier Marvel. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...