Suggestion - White List for Trophies / Games?

White Listing...  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a white list for games like the ones described in the OP?

• To White List...
    • NOT to White List...
    • Undecided/Divided Opinion...
    • Couldn't Care Less...

17 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

But you guys love spending hours going through people's trophies, lol. 
Isn't that the whole reason you have that section? 

You're welcome to call it BS, that's your opinion, but I believe I'm much smarter for not wasting time on grind.  When I can take a much more efficient route that doesn't affect anyone else.  It's my decision to make, not yours.  So you guys do you, I'll do me.  The elitism isn't a good look for this site, but that's just my opinion and I don't run the show here so I can't make the changes to make this a better community.  If I had some coding knowledge I would create a new site.   

Letting cheaters like you stay on the leaderboards or count in on games' stats is a better look? xD I know PSNP has been considered super soft on cheaters in the past, and that definitely wasn't a good look.

I have some coding knowledge, but wouldn't do it, and others already have, but most of those sites crack down on it too. As one trophy uploader, no better name for it, who was around here regularly used to say, go to dot com, they are fine with cheaters. :) 

http://ps3trophies.com/leaderboard/

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

You're welcome to call it BS, that's your opinion, but I believe I'm much smarter for not wasting time on grind.  When I can take a much more efficient route that doesn't affect anyone else.

I wouldn't call it smart. I believe the word you are looking for is lazy ;)

• Like 2

Busy, productive day at work and now this...gonna ask that we take personal issues to pm's please...we have an opinion that leaderboards should be removed...fair suggestion but not necessary here to remove all the leaderboards for the sake of giving a minority of people on this site the benefit of the doubt over a handful of trophies for games that are proven to be have hackers that can ding legit players' trophies...perhaps the suggestion could go in a separate thread (which I think exists with regards to removing leaderboards) with a possible vote for "couldn't care less" in this one...completely OK with derailing without the insults but would prefer if we could stay near the topic of whitelisting if possible...trying to avoid a solid discussion being halted over stuff like this...thanks...exhausted...will post some thoughts on the earlier discussion in like 24 hours or so...busy on my end...apologies for the radio silence today...real life first...

Also a quick thanks to all of the members who have taken a recent interest in the topic...still working on a few details before finalizing the idea...progress is slow as my life situation has me posting on my phone during breaks at work (my only spare time on an average day) and I need to sit at my pc to properly work on this stuff...

Edited by xL1ghT_By_D3s1gNx
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

I wouldn't call it smart. I believe the word you are looking for is lazy ;)

You're welcome to spend 200+ hours on a trophy, I'd rather do it in 20mins. 

There's a saying, work smarter not harder. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

On 14 July 2017 at 0:26 PM, MMDE said:

Just wanted to update my opinion on white listing about the way I want it to work.

1. They should not require to hide the game to still appear on other games' leaderboards, and still have a world rank and country rank.
  2. It will not count as a strike against their profile.
  3. The game will still show up on their profile, but the trophies for that game will not count towards the stats on their profile. This includes the trophy count etc, like if they got the platinum, that platinum isn't counted on their stats and they will have a lower PSN level etc because of it. :P
  4. Of course their trophies won't count in on the game's stats either.

In other words, it will be like if they hid the game, but they won't need to actually hide it and you can view the game and the trophies on their profile. Alternatively, it can also not show up on their profile.

This is an awful idea though, all it will result in is everyone and their mother going to hack all these whitelisted games because there are 0 consequences if they happen to get caught, which isn't very likely in the first place because there are so many people playing.

Then you'll get people asking why other games aren't whitelisted.

Then every game will be whitelisted eventually.

Then the site becomes a joke.

If we go through with this dumb idea, Sly should at least bring back the red highlight for cheated games on profiles.

4 minutes ago, madbuk said:

This is an awful idea though, all it will result in is everyone and their mother going to hack all these whitelisted games because there are 0 consequences if they happen to get caught, which isn't very likely in the first place because there are so many people playing.

If we go through with this dumb idea, Sly should at least bring back the red highlight for cheated games on profiles.

Some people here think what I suggest is way too harsh, while I think this is a pretty nice solution. We're mostly talking about a handful of games, and one of them got an unobtainable trophy making it super easy to spot them too, and I would definitely report them heavily.

There are consequences. The trophies wouldn't count in on their stats. They would be left with a game they probably had legitimately earned a lot of trophies for that they no longer can earn any trophies for.

I don't really see the big problem here, at least as long as the games in question is kept to a minimum. For example, we don't need games like LBP2 on the list (yes, I know it was removed :) ) We're only talking about games other players can make your trophies pop in, such as BO2, GTAV etc. :) 

Edited by MMDE

4 hours ago, madbuk said:

They won't be on the leaderboards. 

If they hack, it doesn't effect any of us. 

Just now, Dav9834 said:

They won't be on the leaderboards. 

If they hack, it doesn't effect any of us. 

If they get caught

With this method, they can hack freely, and have a pretty high chance of not getting caught, and if they are? Oh well, that 2 minutes or so of work goes down the drain. And nobody will know, because it's not like it's flagged red on the profile like cheated games used to be, and it won't be counted against the 3 strike rule.

There is literally no incentive to do whitelisted games legit anymore, which devalues the work of people who have actually done it.

3 minutes ago, madbuk said:

If they get caught

With this method, they can hack freely, and have a pretty high chance of not getting caught, and if they are? Oh well, that 2 minutes or so of work goes down the drain. And nobody will know, because it's not like it's flagged red on the profile like cheated games used to be, and it won't be counted against the 3 strike rule.

There is literally no incentive to do whitelisted games legit anymore, which devalues the work of people who have actually done it.

With how few games we're talking about here, it wouldn't really matter. :S This is just about making a handful of games less painful to get screwed over in.

Games like GTA 5 you can't even revert it once you get screwed over, because the stats are saved server side. Doesn't matter if you delete the local account or save, you will still get the trophies. :( 

Edited by MMDE

Just now, madbuk said:

If they get caught

This question comes up from time to time. I have posts in the thread somewhere explaining it better. Right now I just woke up to go to the bathroom so I'm not exactly awake. 

It'll be automated(otherwise I wouldn't support it) based on the data for those few games. It will have triggers to activate when it's run. 

There would be no getting away with it. Unless they hacked it to look completely believable, in which case they would get away with it anyway because no human would flag it. 

I encourage you to look for my posts, they're a bit more to the point. 

Sorry if this wasn't enough to explain, so sleepy ><

I have like 5 free minutes here...system would be automated for these kinds of trophies ideally, meaning everyone gets caught...incentive for legit players, with the exception of blops 2, is being able to display the plat and other trophies on site, joining gaming sessions for affected games...trophies lists could still be scrutinized for odd trophy time stamps outside of whitelisting criteria (same as now)...no devaluation - legit looking times are tracked (same as now)...

Edit: semi-ninja'd...

• Like 1

I see a lot of disputes about this problem.Is it possible to stop tracking unobtainable trophies if it's obtained after certain date?

For example GTA 5; First trophy you'll get for online is "Off the Plane" for completing introduction so if "Off the Plane" is obtained after R* disabled bounty system you'll not be able to get "Run like the Wind" in legit manner because it is impossible to someone put a bounty on your head (you didnt played online before etc.).System should stop tracking said trophy by checking the date for "Off the Plane" trophy,so they dont have to get flagged for it.If they got "Off the Plane" before disabling bounty system further investigation is needed.It's not a %100 solution but should makes thing easier.Thanks

8 hours ago, madbuk said:

Another quick break here...just curious @madbuk if you've read the current proposal...what your first comment implies is that there are a group if people just waiting to hack the game here on psnp and the only thing that's stopping them is a strike on their profile...do you think that's really the case?...everyone and their mother already have access to the mods if they want and don't usually limit themselves to the games in our whitelist...

People asking for other games to be whitelisted can either bring them up now or go through the process of proving in a transparent, credible manner that they should indeed be whitelisted...the proposed list is not random...if you question any of the trophies or games I would be more than happy to provide evidence...the reason I haven't so far is that I don't want to promote hacking and also don't want to publicly display vids of innocent players not being tracked by this site...

With regards to your earlier point I think the current system kind of devalues people's hard work a little more than my proposal would...currently trophies need to be flagged manually and the result of disputes has been all over the place...whitelisting offers consistency in both departments...we'd have the added benefit of no longer having disputes for these trophies...

and yes, it would be like it's flagged red (yellow is my suggestion) if the games appear on their profile...

correct on the no strike...keep the guys that actually didn't hack, the ones we encourage to use this site, happy...remember, plat would be unobtainable (and possibly revoked; see op for details) in the case of base game trophies unlocking and no impact on site stats...I think that's enough of a consequence...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, xL1ghT_By_D3s1gNx said:

Another quick break here...just curious @madbuk if you've read the current proposal...what your first comment implies is that there are a group if people just waiting to hack the game here on psnp and the only thing that's stopping them is a strike on their profile...do you think that's really the case?...everyone and their mother already have access to the mods if they want and don't usually limit themselves to the games in our whitelist...

People asking for other games to be whitelisted can either bring them up now or go through the process of proving in a transparent, credible manner that they should indeed be whitelisted...the proposed list is not random...if you question any of the trophies or games I would be more than happy to provide evidence...the reason I haven't so far is that I don't want to promote hacking and also don't want to publicly display vids of innocent players not being tracked by this site...

With regards to your earlier point I think the current system kind of devalues people's hard work a little more than my proposal would...currently trophies need to be flagged manually and the result of disputes has been all over the place...whitelisting offers consistency in both departments...we'd have the added benefit of no longer having disputes for these trophies...

and yes, it would be like it's flagged red (yellow is my suggestion) if the games appear on their profile...

correct on the no strike...keep the guys that actually didn't hack, the ones we encourage to use this site, happy...remember, plat would be unobtainable (and possibly revoked; see op for details) in the case of base game trophies unlocking and no impact on site stats...I think that's enough of a consequence...

I'm not saying there are a group of people waiting to hack it, but when you take away the consequences, the temptation will take people over and cause them to do it, because hey, they have nothing to lose. This could lead to a further domino effect of them getting a rebellious rush from hacking the first game which causes them to start hacking others to experience that same sensation.

If @Dav9834 is correct in saying that this'll be automated, coupled with the bolded statement in the above quote, then I'd be fine with it. But the question is how do we go about making it automated? Is it not possible for random lobby hackers to stagnate the trophy pops so they happen sporadically throughout the match? Impossible trophies will have to be manually flagged by someone, and if the only possible way for someone to hack a random in a lobby is for all the trophies to pop at once, it'd be a decent system I suppose. The bolded sentence is the most important though, there needs to be some kind of consequence, even if it's as minor as that.

11 minutes ago, madbuk said:

I'm not saying there are a group of people waiting to hack it, but when you take away the consequences, the temptation will take people over and cause them to do it, because hey, they have nothing to lose.

What actual statistics do you have on people doing this and getting "tempted", for example on other whitelisted titles? Because this is not the first time the "but it encourages hackers!" slogan has been brought to this discussion and mysteriously in each case whoever used the slogan has been completely unable to say who got encouraged and how many times on any specific title. Yet there are many whitelisted titles on PSNP. 

42 minutes ago, madbuk said:

If @Dav9834 is correct in saying that this'll be automated, coupled with the bolded statement in the above quote, then I'd be fine with it. But the question is how do we go about making it automated? Is it not possible for random lobby hackers to stagnate the trophy pops so they happen sporadically throughout the match? 

It can be automated(Otherwise its not going to be as efficient. And I won't support it).

Sly already uses automation in flagging games. 

If a hacker makes the trophies look fine, no human would catch it either. It's a point that doesn't matter unfortunately. We can't stop that, no one can. 

42 minutes ago, madbuk said:

@Dav9834

^^^^^Edit: I hate how I can't delete tags on mobile >< makes quoting multiple times messy

The most important though, there needs to be some kind of consequence, even if it's as minor as that.

I don't understand.

They're removed from the leaderboard, and in anyway it effects you and I. 

Why must they be punished further?

That's not the point of the flagging system. The flagging system in whole is to clean the leaderboards and stats, that's all. 

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

How about only Whitelist games that are saved on the server and games with Known unobtainable trophies? Like I read somewhere that GTAV will still give trophies because it isn't on your save more in the server AND BO2 with that infamous unobtainable trophy? Just suggesting.....

10 hours ago, madbuk said:

I'm not saying there are a group of people waiting to hack it, but when you take away the consequences, the temptation will take people over and cause them to do it, because hey, they have nothing to lose. This could lead to a further domino effect of them getting a rebellious rush from hacking the first game which causes them to start hacking others to experience that same sensation.

If @Dav9834 is correct in saying that this'll be automated, coupled with the bolded statement in the above quote, then I'd be fine with it. But the question is how do we go about making it automated? Is it not possible for random lobby hackers to stagnate the trophy pops so they happen sporadically throughout the match? Impossible trophies will have to be manually flagged by someone, and if the only possible way for someone to hack a random in a lobby is for all the trophies to pop at once, it'd be a decent system I suppose. The bolded sentence is the most important though, there needs to be some kind of consequence, even if it's as minor as that.

10 hours ago, madbuk said:

I appreciate your thoughts and open-mindedness on the topic and would appreciate more feedback/input like yours...your post made me realize something important which I think I will add to the suggestion in the op...anyone found with these trophies that meet the criteria (time stamps) will automatically have the plat labelled as whitelisted and every trophy with this tag will no longer be tracked or affect stats here...this includes people who still need trophies for platinum...that way the list would not have to be updated later if they got all the remaining trophies should it be the case...this totally sucks for people who just find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time so I think their whole list should NOT be hidden so that their legit trophies can still be displayed and counted toward stats...

logic: the trophies are not legit therefore the plat will never be legit...the rest should remain unaffected if times are not sketchy...

example for the sake of clarity: gta iv...you've got 50% of base game trophies and start the online stuff..."fuck the rank grind, I'm just gonna hit up a modded lobby as they are plentiful...*ding...cut your teeth...ding...wanted*....(4-10 second gap)...these two trophies get the whitelist tag (see op for details) as well as the plat...no longer able to get it legit but no strike on profile...there's your consequence...and yes, automated detection is a key point...I don't know enough about technology to comment on how this would work...I think a weekly or even monthly scan for these games might be enough once a formula is found...

the only incomplete part of the op is trophy gaps and cutoff dates for when to scan...I'm working on it slowly...it's complicated stuff for me and I don't have much free time (I put 12-14 hours into work almost every day of the year and have friends, family (includes two kids of my own) and people in my world to love (more than one of them currently facing terminal illness...that $hit f**king sucks), and evolve with...I have a couple free hours on a daily basis after reading my kids to sleep...usually leaves me 3-4 hours of sleep...apologies if I choose to spend that spare time not looking into this topic...it currently doesn't have any impact on me in terms of my trophy list...haha...)...

part of what I thought was important was making awareness of these issues more prominent on the site...did you know the blops 2 guide doesn't even mention that big leagues is unobtainable?...I would like the whitelist tag on people's trophies to be clickable and lead to the op and also have some mention of the risky trophies within these games' guides...one step at a time though...make a solid proposal, run it by sly, and should it be implemented I'd be more than happy to suggest the idea to the affected games' guide authors...

As far as hackers being able to pop trophies whenever they want...so far I haven't seen any such menus...they tend to be all or none in the case of our whitelist trophies...that is one of the key pieces of data...most have 4 - 6 second gaps...black ops 2 is kind of an exception in that lag can make the gaps up to 16 - 17 seconds and the order can be kind of random depending on dlc owned (yes, the mod menu is kind of glitchy...haha)...

All I got for now...will look over recent posts as I eat and possibly add further thoughts later today or sometime tomorrow...I feel like I may have missed acknowledging some of the earlier ideas or discussed them properly...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, xL1ghT_By_D3s1gNx said:

You're doing good, there's no rush. 

A lot of people respect what you're doing, myself included.

Don't worry about time, you and your family comes first : ) always 

As I said in another thread, I gave it a good reading in the whole thread. There has been quite some time since something new has really brought up, so I'll try to spice things up. First things first, is there any interest whatsoever from @Sly Ripper in implementing this? There is no point in writing a complete and detailed full proposal for whitelisting if there is no interest or simply the workload for Sly is too great of which is concerned about coding in the site, since the main idea is that the whitelisting process is done automated through scanning of those game in the list.

Second point to bring up to discussion: Is there any games to add to the list? So far we started with the idea of 6 games but after extensive research from @xL1ghT_By_D3s1gNx it has been proved that games such as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II & Warhawk doesn't fall in same category as other proposed whitelist games, i.e hackers/modders unlocking trophies for other players without their consent. Red Dead Redemption would go for whitelist but since many guides and pretty much everywhelse incitives people to get to level 50 using hacked lobbies, it has already been stablished that is the LEGIT method, there is no going back now on this to punish people by whitelisting their platinum/level 50 trophies who did this before the whitelisting came into proposal.

Actually, let me explain a bit more on Red Dead Redemption since I quite research a lot on it because not only I love the game, I got royally pissed when the servers for hacked. This happened back in the first months of 2015 when a modder released to general public a infected lobby that worked in custom firmware consoles with mod menu, but also affected anybody that entered in that public lobbies and it spreads like a virus, anybody that enters in a public free roam infected will carry the 'infected lobby' to any other free roam he moves too, including private sessions, friendly/hardcore lobbies and etc. And unfortunately there is no fix for this unless R* launches a new patch AND resets the servers for everbody and this isn't happening at all. And taking into account how bad the public free roam is right now, even if level 50 is actually very easy to achieve now, pretty much every other trophy that require for you to be in a public free roam is going to be so harder that isn't even an advantage anymore. For example, try getting 4 team DM wins in a row when you can't see your enemies XD.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

As I said in another thread, I gave it a good reading in the whole thread. There has been quite some time since something new has really brought up, so I'll try to spice things up. First things first, is there any interest whatsoever from @Sly Ripper in implementing this?

Only @grimydawg has responded on the thread, and even then in a general sense about how the reporting system works. At this stage I'd actually appreciate an input - any input - from Sly too, even if it's just a simple yes or no.

I represent much of a simpler idea than what BamBam has, these are games where you can no longer explicitly prove foul play on the gamer's part was involved. Just whitelist (and remove the trophies from the speedrun leaderboards, or leaderboards as a whole if that's your gig, what do I care.) Then just move along. Easier to implement definitely. RDR has been repeatedly brought up as an example where "illegitimate" trophies are perfectly good for the leaderboards. It has been discussed a lot in this thread. You want clean leaderboards you should remove everything illegimate including stuff like RDR, or you accept getting a "clean" leaderboard is impossible. That's because even new patches on a specific title might make a certain time scales to pop a trophy possible or impossible. With ten thousand titles out there you can't gain enough coverage to survey it and that's just the way it is.

Any guide doesn't really make an illegimate method more legitimate, it just makes it more popular and accepted. Okay, wide acceptance is legimizing though :P But this is why this topic is such a hard one. People who oppose illegimate methods in general will very strongly oppose something like this. Regardless how did their own gaming. But "accepting this" would then mean "accepting everything", which carries this faux sense of fear towards rampant alien, I correct, hacker invasion and PSNP and the world as we know it bursting out in flames as a result. I've repeatedly asked for any statistic how many hackers were "encouraged" by any whitelisted title, and have received zero answers.

Ultimately you are correct, there is so much noise on the thread because Sly hasn't said anything. The votes are pretty clear and while I don't want to pull major trophy winning people like Wdog into this discussion, he did support some points I've made on the thread. But he'd post himself if he wanted to so I digress.

So, yeah. I think at this stage @Sly Ripper's input would be warranted.

I hear you on the RDR part. I'm not a completionist, rather play for my own amusement. That means if RDR exploit never happened I'd just happily have left it unfinished, or chip away at it over multiple years, which I've done too (holding the laziest completion on some titles, seven plus years!) Anyway once there was an exploit which "was not my doing", I just happily not only hogged level 50 but that white buffalo too, because "I could". I do understand your reasoning "something like this upsets legit gamers". It has been brought up too on this thread, multiple times. It's just a problematic argument, when the software itself doesn't care whether you're upset or not, neither do the leaderboards. This applies to abandoned titles like RDR or frequently updated titles like Tom Clancy's The Division. A new patch might make or break you. With the current patch of the Division I gain the loot in ten minutes that took me 30 hours one year ago. But I'm not complaining, I'm just happy things are better now. Of course my stance is adjusted by the fact I still play the game. If I already beat it and newbies got it much easier, I might be bitter :P No one who was still playing RDR when the viral hack happened is complaining. Not about XP. Just pointing it out.

Finally, BamBam (and please change your alias back) you suggest the BLOPS2 unachievable online trophy should be exempt from this scheme, but if the mod menu can pop everything including the unachievable why is it specifically exempt? I mean, there's no logic in this. Basically the only options are will or will not anyone who ever plays multiplayer on it get flagged for hacking. You're suggesting if a mod menu holder presses down arrow twice and press Enter, the PSN account doesn't get flagged. But if he/she presses it thrice and press Enter, the PSN account will get flagged.

Haha...you can just call me Bam...it's actually my nickname in real life...and I don't think I've made big leagues an exception, at least not on purpose...it's only an exception in the sense that it is the only unobtainable so needs to be scanned differently than others as there would be a definite cutoff date...as previously mentioned, I still need to look into cutoff dates for the mod menus...in the case of gta v, for example, the menu for ranking other players up is actually pretty recent (like early 2017) so most people I've seen in disputes are actually lying and ranked themselves up with other methods than a hacker in a public lobby...need concrete stuff for this list imo and have been busy like crazy recently so haven't looked into it for a few weeks now...apologies again...

Another thing I've been meaning to look into is the "run like the wind" trophy for gta v...currently our 2nd unobtainable but a little more complicated in terms of detection...

The 2nd thing to look into properly is what qualifies, in terms of time stamps, as a hacked list...again, busy life...need more time to provide something accurate...or could use some help, please...it's a lot of work for me...

all I got for now...off to get drunk...two possibly three rare occurrences today...drinking alcohol and finishing work before 19:00...might even smoke a little schnazz...haha...gone now...thanks for the posts @Otonio_Bruno and @ars...

Typos...cell typing no good....
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, xL1ghT_By_D3s1gNx said:

Haha...you can just call me Bam...it's actually my nickname in real life...and I don't think I've made big leagues an exception, at least not on purpose...it's only an exception in the sense that it is the only unobtainable so needs to be scanned differently than others as there would be a definite cutoff date...

Hear you on that point :) Though I don't see what you suggest feasible. Like I suggested before you simply "can't" track ten thousand pieces of software, and every update they ever had, to establish any sensible time scales to pop any specific trophy. Not with the handful of people working on the site. Especially when the patches before haven't been tracked.

Basically the idea here is to not punish people who did not hack. So having the games highlighted, going on a trophy-by-trophy basis... As Grim has said before and I'm sure even @MMDE would agree, PSNP doesn't need something like BLOPS2 specifically to flag a hacker. The people who do that do it multiple times, just as Darkb1ke did. So I think all the finesse gains nothing, just make things more difficult to code and test, and less likely to implement.

The main cause I've had here is to prevent flag griefing people who did not hack. So games where proving this is impossible should be whitelisted. That'll make "us" shut up, when there is an even treatment across the board. MMDE and the ilk wouldn't shut up until the whitelisted games stop counting on the leaderboards, so make it so on these games. That'll be agreeable to everyone? If it's "flaggable" but mod menu griefing is possible, whitelist, make it disappear from PSNP public, move on.

I'm against isolating any specific PNG images because PSNP tracks a few million of them and putting any special glitter on any single database entry just because is, well, stupid :)