Persona 3 FES appears on the PS4 Store (possible re-release?)

yoamosilenthill

3 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Man I don't give a fuck about the price. I'll buy anything with the Persona brand without caring about the price.*

*except for Dancing All Night because $50CDN for a Vita game is too much even for my bitch ass.

u missed out on amazon selling it for ~$50 le shortly after release

Mine's still sealed lol :/

• 7 months later...

Anyone still holding out hope for this? I've been waiting patiently for an update but I am not sure if it's happening or not. I really wanna play P3 but if there's even a small chance it'll come to PS4 with trophy support then I will wait. That image art just seem waaaay to convenient for it to be an accident but idk. Anyone have thoughts?

5 minutes ago, tribalson_JR said:

Anyone still holding out hope for this? I've been waiting patiently for an update but I am not sure if it's happening or not. I really wanna play P3 but if there's even a small chance it'll come to PS4 with trophy support then I will wait. That image art just seem waaaay to convenient for it to be an accident but idk. Anyone have thoughts?

We probably need to count on P3D selling well enough to persuade Atlus that we haven't forgot about P3...

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, dark69knight said:

I Really Wish This Could Happen With Trophy Support Its The Only One I Need To Play Cuz I Never Got The Chance

And Of Course I Wouldn't Mind Playing P4G Again If They Release It On PS4

Why do you keep capitalising ever word in your sentences, but never use punctuation? 

It makes this very difficult to read.

I've been playing Persona 3 Portable on my Vita over the past couple of months (I'm slow at JRPGs, cut me some slack), and my plan was to play The Answer epilogue using the PS2 Classics version of FES that I have on my PS3 (which is still plugged in next to my PS4, but has not been turned on for several months now).

If Atlus announces a PS4 port for PS FES, I'll wait and play it there instead. I don't really have the desire to play through the main game again, especially since you can't command each party member in combat in the FES version. I have a feeling that's going to drive me crazy in The Answer by itself, after enjoying the P4-style party control of P3P. But all that said, I'd prefer to play The Answer on PS4 over PS3. I could even do Remote Play to pretend like I'm playing it portable. :)

I still haven't touched PS5 yet... the collector's edition is still sitting on my shelf. I wonder how many people played/will play them in the weird order of P4-P3-P5? Nobody ever said I was normal. :P

7 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

If Atlus announces a PS4 port for PS FES, I'll wait and play it there instead. I don't really have the desire to play through the main game again, especially since you can't command each party member in combat in the FES version. I have a feeling that's going to drive me crazy in The Answer by itself, after enjoying the P4-style party control of P3P.

It's not as bad as you'd think. You can give them general instructions and they'll (pretty much) do what you want them to. Personally, I think there's much more benefit in playing FES over Portable simply for the reason that having an actual 3D overworld and not just a mere visual novel-style story helps immensely with immersion.

12 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I still haven't touched PS5 yet... the collector's edition is still sitting on my shelf. I wonder how many people played/will play them in the weird order of P4-P3-P5? Nobody ever said I was normal. :P

I started like that, too ? People were singing the praises of Persona 4 left and right, and since the stories weren't connected, I decided to start from there. "If I like it, then I'll get 3" is what I thought. Well, I liked it, so I did. And I too have yet to play my copy of Persona 5 ? My personal order so far was P4-P3FES-P4G-PQ and now Arena Ultimax (with the original Arena as story DLC). Afterwards, it'll be P4DAN's turn and then P5. I basically just want to completely do the "old era" before I go onto the new one ?

1 hour ago, jrdemr said:

It's not as bad as you'd think. You can give them general instructions and they'll (pretty much) do what you want them to. Personally, I think there's much more benefit in playing FES over Portable simply for the reason that having an actual 3D overworld and not just a mere visual novel-style story helps immensely with immersion.

Thanks for the reassurance there, but it's not making me want to go back and play the main story again. It DOES make me feel better about The Answer though.

I've reached the point where my backlog has gotten so big, that I won't be replaying games any more. Certainly not long JRPGs... I just don't have the time. I'm scaling my trophy hunting way down too. And, portable versions of games trump all other considerations every time for me now. Given a hypothetical choice between the PSP version of P3P and a PS4 version of P3FES, I'd still pick P3P for the main story that both games share. :) That's one reason I'm liking the Switch so much. If that model of gaming continues to be successful (and Nintendo isn't the only one doing it), we'll reach a point where a game like P3 FES will be portable, and won't need to make concessions like dropping cutscenes and a 3D overworld. That's my hope, anyway.

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Thanks for the reassurance there, but it's not making me want to go back and play the main story again. It DOES make me feel better about The Answer though.

I've reached the point where my backlog has gotten so big, that I won't be replaying games any more. Certainly not long JRPGs... I just don't have the time. I'm scaling my trophy hunting way down too.

The only reason I haven't done this yet is just because, the way the industry is going, I'm not seeing that many good games in the future. That and I want to enjoy my games the same as ever, one at a time. I'm not going to start speeding through my games just because I have too many. That would just take the fun out of all of them.

18 minutes ago, jrdemr said:

The only reason I haven't done this yet is just because, the way the industry is going, I'm not seeing that many good games in the future. That and I want to enjoy my games the same as ever, one at a time. I'm not going to start speeding through my games just because I have too many. That would just take the fun out of all of them.

I'm not even talking about new games, I have Gamecube games in my backlog for crying out loud! :) And I know what you mean about the way the industry is going. I'm not COMPLETELY on board with some people's totally negative outlook on things, but I don't like most of the recent industry trends. Anyway, it's refreshing to play older remastered games like the Kingdom Hearts series I've been playing recently, or for that matter, actually old games from my backlog, with no microtransactions in sight and where "free to play" meant "demo".

In case it wasn't clear, for me it was more of a decision as 2018 started, that trophies were not providing me enough enjoyment to go for Platinums with any real drive. The way I look at it is, for a hypothetical JRPG I can spend 40 hours to finish the story, but it would take 100 hours to get the Platinum, mostly by grinding and doing random stuff. For some games that's fun for me, but not usually 60 hours' worth of fun. I could instead use that 60 hours to play 1.5 other JRPGs of similar story lengths. I don't consider this "speeding through" my games, I consider it actually more fun because I'm going to get to play games that would in all likelihood never get played by me at all if I kept slowly going for Platinums and or 100% completion. I will STILL never get to play all the games on my backlog.

If this sounds like I'm despairing at my backlog, or that I'm performing crazy time estimates for each game I start playing, that's not at all accurate. I take a very casual approach to going through my games, all things considered. When I started Super Mario Galaxy (yep, the old Wii game) recently, I didn't look up how long it would likely take me to complete it, because I just wanted to play the game. There was no detailed time analysis, that's just an example to explain the reasoning behind my "gaming resolution" for 2018. And it's not even really about trophies. If I'm playing a Nintendo game or a PSP game, I'm applying the same principles there. I don't need to collect 900 Korok seeds in Zelda Breath of the Wild just because they're on the map. I still enjoyed the game greatly by finishing the story and not spending tons of time on side stuff (I did spend a while going off the story path, but not dozens and dozens of hours).

I hate speedrunning; as an example, beating Super Mario Bros 1 in 15 minutes or whatever, does not appeal to me at all. But I also don't need to spend 100+ hours on every game just because there are collectibles everywhere. There is a middle ground where I have the most fun with games. And really, that hasn't changed at all for me. It's just that I am now more clearly seeing that collectibles and trophies are not adding to my enjoyment.

And it is a hard habit to break. I completed the AC Syndicate DLC this year 100%, because some part of my brain told me that "I have a pattern going" with the AC series. But if I look at it in hindsight, I didn't get any enjoyment finding all the meaningless collectibles. Also, it's not like I had a great completion rate before I made this decision. It's more of an evolution of my existing gameplay patterns than a hard change. It's a work in progress, but it's already helping me enjoy games more.

Sorry, I know that was a bit long. I just didn't want to leave the impression that I'm telling people to rush through their backlogs. That's not how it feels to me at all.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm not even talking about new games, I have Gamecube games in my backlog for crying out loud! :) And I know what you mean about the way the industry is going. I'm not COMPLETELY on board with some people's totally negative outlook on things, but I don't like most of the recent industry trends. Anyway, it's refreshing to play older remastered games like the Kingdom Hearts series I've been playing recently, or for that matter, actually old games from my backlog, with no microtransactions in sight and where "free to play" meant "demo".

In case it wasn't clear, for me it was more of a decision as 2018 started, that trophies were not providing me enough enjoyment to go for Platinums with any real drive. The way I look at it is, for a hypothetical JRPG I can spend 40 hours to finish the story, but it would take 100 hours to get the Platinum, mostly by grinding and doing random stuff. For some games that's fun for me, but not usually 60 hours' worth of fun. I could instead use that 60 hours to play 1.5 other JRPGs of similar story lengths. I don't consider this "speeding through" my games, I consider it actually more fun because I'm going to get to play games that would in all likelihood never get played by me at all if I kept slowly going for Platinums and or 100% completion. I will STILL never get to play all the games on my backlog.

If this sounds like I'm despairing at my backlog, or that I'm performing crazy time estimates for each game I start playing, that's not at all accurate. I take a very casual approach to going through my games, all things considered. When I started Super Mario Galaxy (yep, the old Wii game) recently, I didn't look up how long it would likely take me to complete it, because I just wanted to play the game. There was no detailed time analysis, that's just an example to explain the reasoning behind my "gaming resolution" for 2018. And it's not even really about trophies. If I'm playing a Nintendo game or a PSP game, I'm applying the same principles there. I don't need to collect 900 Korok seeds in Zelda Breath of the Wild just because they're on the map. I still enjoyed the game greatly by finishing the story and not spending tons of time on side stuff (I did spend a while going off the story path, but not dozens and dozens of hours).

I hate speedrunning; as an example, beating Super Mario Bros 1 in 15 minutes or whatever, does not appeal to me at all. But I also don't need to spend 100+ hours on every game just because there are collectibles everywhere. There is a middle ground where I have the most fun with games. And really, that hasn't changed at all for me. It's just that I am now more clearly seeing that collectibles and trophies are not adding to my enjoyment.

And it is a hard habit to break. I completed the AC Syndicate DLC this year 100%, because some part of my brain told me that "I have a pattern going" with the AC series. But if I look at it in hindsight, I didn't get any enjoyment finding all the meaningless collectibles. Also, it's not like I had a great completion rate before I made this decision. It's more of an evolution of my existing gameplay patterns than a hard change. It's a work in progress, but it's already helping me enjoy games more.

Sorry, I know that was a bit long. I just didn't want to leave the impression that I'm telling people to rush through their backlogs. That's not how it feels to me at all.

Write as much as you want. You should see the blogs on my signature (namely the last one) ?

Fair enough. I personally feel like getting everything out of my games is part of the fun for me. I discover a lot of stuff I wouldn't have otherwise. There's just something cathartic about "cleaning" your game through.

That said, I do have limits. I was just looking at the Medals in Dragon Ball FighterZ, which tell me to play 1000 times... with each individual character. Yeah... that's just grind for grind's sake. I have a whole lot of other games waiting to be played, no matter how much I may like this one.

14 hours ago, tribalson_JR said:

You're an asshole for bumping this and giving me a heart attack. >_>

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valyrious said:

You're an asshole for bumping this and giving me a heart attack. >_>

Haha my bad, I hadn't realized how much people came back to this thread after I responded to it. ? Was just googling for more info and this one kept popping up. I'm still clinging to hope it will happen though!  

5 hours ago, tribalson_JR said:

Haha my bad, I hadn't realized how much people came back to this thread after I responded to it. 1f605.png Was just googling for more info and this one kept popping up. I'm still clinging to hope it will happen though!  

Same here. There's one really easy way to make sure it happens. Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night (And P5 Dancing Star Night) come out May 24th in Japan. No word on when they're coming to the West, but if those games sell well, I'm sure Sony will release P3 for us.

If they realize we want more Persona, they'll milk it for all it's worth. Seems mutually beneficial for all parties, doesn't it?

Edited by Valyrious

15 hours ago, jrdemr said:

Write as much as you want. You should see the blogs on my signature (namely the last one) 1f61d.png

I know, I've read some of them. :)

15 hours ago, jrdemr said:

Fair enough. I personally feel like getting everything out of my games is part of the fun for me. I discover a lot of stuff I wouldn't have otherwise. There's just something cathartic about "cleaning" your game through.

That said, I do have limits. I was just looking at the Medals in Dragon Ball FighterZ, which tell me to play 1000 times... with each individual character. Yeah... that's just grind for grind's sake. I have a whole lot of other games waiting to be played, no matter how much I may like this one.

I think everyone has limits, but they differ. And they change with age. I actually enjoyed playing X3: Terran Conflict for hundreds of hours back when I was a PC gamer. Now, just the thought of it makes me shudder. Of course, having a toddler and infant to take care of probably factors into that.

I also wonder how far "getting everything out of" a person's games goes. There are a lot of games that have way more content than is needed for 100% trophy completion. And with RPGs, where does the line get drawn? If you haven't replayed the game with every single class and/or party combination, have you really got everything out of the game? Even back when I was hooked on World of Warcraft (thankfully it only lasted a couple of months), I felt no desire to try lots of different classes.

The type of collectible / game-length-extension device that grabs my interest, is when it ties into the backstory or lore. I don't go all of those, but at least that's making things interesting. I have no desire to get all 900 Korok Seeds when it doesn't have any real effect... on the other hand, if they each unlocked a journal entry from a game character, that might get me motivated to collect them. The Mario games are a bit different since they tie collectibles to levels (at least until Super Mario Odyssey), but that still doesn't make me want to try a frustrating motion-control level in SM Galaxy 20 times until I finally clear it, when I have seen a majority of the levels already. Instead, I just fought the last boss and finished the game.

7 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Same here. There's one really easy way to make sure it happens. Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night (And P5 Dancing Star Night) come out May 24th in Japan. No word on when they're coming to the West, but if those games sell well, I'm sure Sony will release P3 for us.

If they realize we want more Persona, they'll milk it for all it's worth. Seems mutually beneficial for all parties, doesn't it?

I'm on board with that. I still haven't played P4DAN yet except for a "free roam" song back when it first came out. But I enjoy P4 and P3 enough (even though I haven't finished P3 yet) that I'll grab P3DMN when it comes out. It won't influence the PS4 release of P3FES in time to affect me, but I'll still do my part. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm on board with that. I still haven't played P4DAN yet except for a "free roam" song back when it first came out. But I enjoy P4 and P3 enough (even though I haven't finished P3 yet) that I'll grab P3DMN when it comes out. It won't influence the PS4 release of P3FES in time to affect me, but I'll still do my part. :)

I actually just bought P4DAN today. I was originally going to pass on it, and get it as part of the Japanese Dancing triple pack, but then I figured I may as well enjoy the story in English first and train myself for these dancing games. I'm usually pretty bad at them, so here's hoping I can overcome the obstacle!

Atlus did just release a survey asking people for their interest in Persona 6 (on various consoles besides PS4), along with other titles, such as P3 remaster and whatnot. So even despite the success of the dancing games, I'd have to wager that Persona 3 is something they're at least looking into. Here's hoping.

• Like 1

On 25/01/2018 at 0:16 PM, AlchemistWer said:

I would like Persona 3 platinum to go please :awesome:

The irony for me is that i ahvea copy of Persona 3 for PS2 but no PS2 console to play it on ?

On 26/01/2018 at 9:53 PM, Valyrious said:

I actually just bought P4DAN today. I was originally going to pass on it, and get it as part of the Japanese Dancing triple pack, but then I figured I may as well enjoy the story in English first and train myself for these dancing games. I'm usually pretty bad at them, so here's hoping I can overcome the obstacle!

Atlus did just release a survey asking people for their interest in Persona 6 (on various consoles besides PS4), along with other titles, such as P3 remaster and whatnot. So even despite the success of the dancing games, I'd have to wager that Persona 3 is something they're at least looking into. Here's hoping.

I'm cruising through P4 DAN in the last days , fininshed with story mode , actually pretty decent and interesting for a rhythm game and spin-off of the Persona series . Working my way now on Free Dance mode however hard dificulty is killing my ass and mood , can't get a single song cleared on hard ?  . Thankfully only 3 songs are need to clear on Hard for he plat and not all of them .