Kill Your Completion - CYOA

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I remember that VLR also had these things but overall that game and it's story were over the top, whereas 999 seems more down to the earth with the setting and more feels like a thing that could happen for real.

This is your first time playing 999, right? I played it on DS (well, a 3DS playing a DS game) back before I started VLR. I loved it, even more than VLR. I'm not sure I'd play it again just to get trophies (I need to play ZTD next), but it's a fantastic game.

25 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

This is your first time playing 999, right? I played it on DS (well, a 3DS playing a DS game) back before I started VLR. I loved it, even more than VLR. I'm not sure I'd play it again just to get trophies (I need to play ZTD next), but it's a fantastic game.

Correct, it's my first time. I played VLR when it became part of PS+ back in 2013 in Europe, even though I knew that I would miss some parts of the overall story but it was still a really nice experience. One thing I still have fond memories of was the Luna-ending. I always wanted to play 999 but IIRC the DS-version was never released in Europe, and I wasn't willing to pay the normal price plus shipping for the game. Still I bought a retail-copy copy of VLR after platting it. (strange logic, I know) xD

I will read VLR a second time for sure, but mainly for the fact that I now can read the trilogy in proper order. The trophies are just bonus fluff.

22 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

@voodoo_eyes Always interesting to see such vastly different opinions of the same game. Sorry, you didn't enjoy Foul Play as much as I did. :( 

54 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

L6620fe.png

Game 5, Day 1- Falling Skies: The Game

Not much else to say. But yeah, this is going to take awhile, as you need to play a lot of side missions just to unlock all the story missions. Plat estimate is over 40 hours.. And then there are a number of glitched trophies to worry about. Maybe I shouldn't have bought this. :/ Curse you, 99 cent pricing! :shakefist:

See, while you enjoyed Foul Play, I really enjoyed Falling Skies so it evens out :P. Then again I love the X-Com franchise, and this is just a dumbed-down version of it. Personally I didn't run across any glitch trophies while platting this. The only annoyance I recall, is one mission that froze every 5 minutes. I just saved every time I could and once I beat that mission it never froze again.

• Like 1

Just to mention, if anyone wants to try Jotun, it's temporarily free on Steam and GOG - add it to your account and you should be able to keep it.

10 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

@SyIarisYou can substitute if you want. We all come across games that just don't click. Or you could just leave it on your account at 0% and move on, you did just start a bonus game. 

I really like 2 though. Def my favorite of the original trilogy. Bummer it's not working for you.

Good to hear, thanks! I may just leave it in that case, but I'll definitely get back to it in the future. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Too busy with Battlefront's double XP weekend to continue Boring Skies. :P I might try to play it some more tomorrow. But after Kubanga, I think it was, said he spent over 200 hours grinding to Rank 100, I really wanted to take advantage of this. Up all the way to Rank 91 after some very successful boosting. 

21 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

You decide on which RE you were going to play? And when>?

Ah, I'd wondered if that post got missed. Terribly sorry if you thought I was ignoring you.  :facepalm:

On 6/27/2017 at 9:23 AM, SyIaris said:

Well then, I'd love to! Just knew you mentioned trying to work on some of the games already on your profile, so I didn't want to mess it up.

Either one of them would be good, up to you if you have a preference; I have all DLC for 5 but none for 6. Got a rough idea of when you might like to? During or after the event is fine by me.

I'm pretty flexible, 9 am to 11 pm pacific is more or less open most days... just preferably not the whole timeframe.

On 14.7.2017 at 6:05 PM, Hemiak said:

Wait, is this you purchasing the game? Why the hell are you spending $25 if so. Or is this another release of the game? I have no idea what I'm looking at. :facepalm: OK just did a little research. Wonder if it will have another trophy list (which I hate BTW) 

The retail release that was available at LRG is most likely tied to the US-stack of Jotun. Personally I just bought it as I enjoyed my time with the game and wanted to have a physical version, even if it's unlikely that I will ever finish it. But the good thing for you is that the trophies will get even rarer than they are now, as I'm sure at least 100 to 200 of the nearly 5,000 copies will end on profiles tracked by PSNProfiles. ;)

• Like 1