Kill Your Completion - CYOA

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

P.S. @voodoo_eyes, I may not need your help after all.. Could have sworn there was something requiring online, but maybe that was just for the Vita version. PS4 can supposedly do it via local multiplayer.

Yeah, online isn't mandatory- The 2 player trophy can be done online or offline, although I'm not sure if that trophy got fixed by now.

18 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below (Day 3)

L4db62f.png

This game is not quite what I expected. I expected a game like Hyrule Warriors with long battles and conquering bases to advance. This game isn't bad though. It's a bit of another take on the musou games I played so far. Even so I don't know anything about Dragon Quest it's a great game. But I still prefere Hyrule Warriors and One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 just because I know the franchises.

I unlocked the missions which ask you to collect specific items or kill a given number of a monster type. You can use you airship to go to each city you saved and fight against monsters there to gain money, exp and items. You also have some treasure maps which unlock caves on the map where you can fight against the bosses again or do some other special fights.

A nice feature is that you can transform into Super Sayan Rose oh pardon me I mean that you can use High Focus (Is that the name in English?) to gain more power and get invulnerable for a short time. You can also use a special attack in this mode to kill all nearby monsters but this ends to High Focus.

It's a good game if you like these kind of games or know Dragon Quest. I would give this game a :silver: - :gold: rating. What it does, it does good.

Time played: 4h 30min

Trophies: 6/50

I've seen a few people mention the battles not being long, so can anyone playing Dragon Quest Heroes clarify this for me? I've tried to get into one or two of the "Warriors" musou games in the past (including Hyrule Warriors), but I've always gotten bored by the long battles fighting hundreds of enemies in one go, and having to run back and forth on a large map. I did however enjoy the more bite sized battles of games like Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed or Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. So if this game is closer to them in terms of mission length, I'd be interested in trying it.

28 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I've seen a few people mention the battles not being long, so can anyone playing Dragon Quest Heroes clarify this for me? I've tried to get into one or two of the "Warriors" musou games in the past (including Hyrule Warriors), but I've always gotten bored by the long battles fighting hundreds of enemies in one go, and having to run back and forth on a large map. I did however enjoy the more bite sized battles of games like Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed or Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. So if this game is closer to them in terms of mission length, I'd be interested in trying it.

I only played the first few missions of DQH (and that was about one year ago) but from what I remember it's somewhere in the middle between a "normal" Musou-game like a Dynasty Warriors those light-versions of a Action Unleashed or Senran Versus. You might want to test the demo of the second installment as that should give a good idea of how long those battles normally are:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/cid=UP0082-CUSA06769_00-DQH2EXPLOREREDIT

AFAIK the biggest difference between DQH and DQH II is that the second one has an open world (at least that's what I remember from playing the JP-demo) whereas the first only has an overworld map similar where you navigate just through a menu (like all Hyperdimension-games).

3 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

@dmland12 Hitting a home run with Schwarber qualifies for 10,000 likes! Unfortunately, you'll likely have to settle for just one. :/ When they recharge, that is..

LOL, and I'm a Cardinals fan. :P

No worries about the likes.  I'm currently at the limit as well.

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

I only played the first few missions of DQH (and that was about one year ago) but from what I remember it's somewhere in the middle between a "normal" Musou-game like a Dynasty Warriors those light-versions of a Action Unleashed or Senran Versus. You might want to test the demo of the second installment as that should give a good idea of how long those battles normally are:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/cid=UP0082-CUSA06769_00-DQH2EXPLOREREDIT

AFAIK the biggest difference between DQH and DQH II is that the second one has an open world (at least that's what I remember from playing the JP-demo) whereas the first only has an overworld map similar where you navigate just through a menu (like all Hyperdimension-games).

Thanks, I'll check it out.

4 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Yeah, online isn't mandatory- The 2 player trophy can be done online or offline, although I'm not sure if that trophy got fixed by now.

I seem to be able to play co-op just fine, even with my odd set-up of using the Vita as a second controller. Lol. Probably gonna leave that trophy for Rain Day, as most of the easy ones came naturally. I just have a few more levels to 5-Star and complete challenges in, and I'll be done. Fair warning, some of them were a real pain.. 3/10 difficulty, my butt. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, dmland12 said:

LOL, and I'm a Cardinals fan. :P

evil-monkey-watching-retirement-assets.g

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I can't compare them to Hyperdimension Neptunia U or Senran Kagura but the definetly are much shorter than Hyrule Warriors. That mainly due to the changed gameplay of the game compared to Hyrule Warriors. I don't know if the missions get longer later though.

In the demo you walk over the world and start one mission, which ends in a boss fight. If this isn't too long for you you should be good with DQH.

18 hours ago, Spaz said:

Is it already too late for me to enter this event or can I still join?

Even if I decide not to join up it's enjoyable reading what you guys have to say the games you play.

Since it's a choose your own adventure month I'm going to allow it. I will require you to choose at least 5 games, but if you want more than that it's fine as well. 

14 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

That's the Kickstarter-backers as the original version of the game was crowdfunded.

I'm curious to hear what you will think about the boss fight against Isa, mainly the last section where he's in full rage.

Ah thanks. Pretty cool reward for backing the game. 

I did the fire region last night, which was pretty interesting. I got everything but the 2nd apple on my first run through. Like the Cave region it's broken into two sections, each with an apple and Rune to find. This area also introduced two new God powers, speed boost and a powerful ranged bolt.  Kaunan was a huge difficulty step up from Fe and Jera. I was consistently able to get him under 50% without being hit and not using God powers. Then he goes ape shit and it gets really rough. Took me almost an hour to beat him without God powers, but I had him under 10% several times before that. I'm just playing the areas counter clockwise, dunno if that's a good idea or not. :dunno: Once I get all the God powers I'll go back to each boss and go for the speed kills, no damage kills, and special requirements. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

L578389.png

Bonus game- Abyss Odyssey

I've completed 4 runs now, and each took an hour or less. So, it's pretty short. Trophies seem to be a bit of a pain, though, requiring multiple playthroughs to get them all. Not to mention, there's a luck factor involved with some of them.. I see @voodoo_eyes managed to fight and kill all the optional bosses. Any tips? I've gone to the bull room 3 times, now, and every time the boss wasn't there. I don't know if it's random or what. The trophy guide doesn't seem to indicate he is. But he also states 5+ hours to complete, too, when the fastest achiever here is way over that. :/

Both are random as far as I know. The one that summons the horse, if he shows up will be in the middle lane. On average I have needed to restart the the game 4-5 times for his symbol to show up on the "map flags". So what I do is generally run the first room of the middle lane, check the flag and if the bull icon isn't there I quit and load up the game again until he shows up. I still need to get his soul, but I've been getting bad RNG with him often jumping over it just before the cast goes off.

The chimaira or whatever can appear at either entrance (supposedly higher chance at the 2nd entrance), but only does so if you died. So basically enter the first room, get the character killed as well as the substitute, then when you are in the greyish "limbo" pick the middle option and hope for thm to spawn.

Fireballs with max damage help greatly with beating either of them, furthermore you can start casting with them off-screen and they should still get hit by them.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1