Kill Your Completion - CYOA

Today, once again, consisted of mostly boosting Star Wars Battlefront. I got to Rank 100, and then helped out a couple of people from the first boosting session since they were short a man. But I don't think there's going to be many new developments in Falling Skies. A new type of enemy, I think. But mostly, I covered everything in Day 1. Probably going with a bronze or silver rating, as it's the least enjoyable game for me so far. I mean, the fact that I would rather stand around holding the square button in Battlefront, instead of playing it says a lot. Lol. But I like boosting with people that have mics, 'cause they usually make me laugh and keep it from being boring. Don't think it hurt my completion, because of all the Battlefront progress. But it'd be even higher if I didn't have Falling Skies on the list, so... yeah.

Tomorrow morning, Dark Cloud 2. Didn't really like the first, but many have said this one is great. Figured I'd give it a shot, when it was on sale for <$5. Could be another FFXIII scenario, where I didn't like the first but loved the second. Here's hoping. 

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Rating: :hidden: George Lucas delivers another turd to the masses.

Wow, that's a quite harsh review overall. But I guess the main problem with PnCs that rely so much on humor is the fact that you either like them or hate them. I had a really good time with it, but on the other hand I didn't enjoy Grim Fandango or Full Throttle (and didn't even bother to finish Broken Age, which is a pile of turd for me). I still had some minor struggles with some puzzles but overall it was easy. But I'm glad that they only required you to play a bit of Maniac Mansion.

45 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Next up - Flower

I hope that will help you to calm down a bit. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Wow, that's a quite harsh review overall. But I guess the main problem with PnCs that rely so much on humor is the fact that you either like them or hate them. I had a really good time with it, but on the other hand I didn't enjoy Grim Fandango or Full Throttle (and didn't even bother to finish Broken Age, which is a pile of turd for me). I still had some minor struggles with some puzzles but overall it was easy. But I'm glad that they only required you to play a bit of Maniac Mansion.

If I went into this game with a walkthrough, I definitely wouldn't have been so frustrated. But a game shouldn't require a walkthrough for entertainment.  This game reminds me of Syberia, where none of the items necessary to problem solving are relevant to each other (automatons, wooly mammoths, etc.). And yes, 10 minutes of Manic Mansion was more than enough. Probably good for the younger generations to see though, so they can say to their parents "You played crap like this?!?"

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

So glad you didn't post this 24 hours ago. /s

With my kids happily playing through Abzu for(with) me, I figured it was time to start another game with Mim. She enjoyed the Monkey Island games and The Book oUT Somewhat so....  

L479a37.png

Game 5

35 minutes played, 1 trophy earned. 

I did actually play the original Maniac Mansion back in the day. I heard somewhere that you could play MM within this one, but somehow didn't process that this was actually a sequel of sorts. :facepalm: Also, I don't really remember enjoying or hating MM, but I do know I never finished it. 

Anyway, there are two Tentacle creatures, one drinks some toxic sludge and becomes evil. You take control of three idiot friends, a nerdy guy with a lisp who is supposed to be the "smart one", a rock star burnout guy, and a girl with a vacant expression and flat affect. Apparently the nerd at least was the protagonist from MM. 

I didn't actually get to play that long before Mim went to sleep. So far. It's just been walk around, pick stuff up, and talk to people. Nerd boy is back in the Mansion with the crazy doctor that created the tentacles, burnout is in the past, and glassy eyes is off in the future. We need to figure out how to get everybody home, and still travel back in time one day to turn off the toxic sludge before purple Tentacle can drink it and become evil. 

Good luck! I give you another hour of wandering before you start searching for a walkthrough. I can't imagine someone pushing through the whole story blind, mainly because there's no real path of progress. 

22 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Man, if Billy were still here, he'd probably be driving over you with his racing kart. :P 

True! But besides doing a cash-grab with Disney for an idea he had in the 1970s, what has George Lucas done lately? I'll put it to you this way - if I said that for the rest of the day you will have to watch the Prequels in succession, would you be thinking "Sweet!" or "Oh, shit."

4 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

True! But besides doing a cash-grab with Disney for an idea he had in the 1970s, what has George Lucas done lately? I'll put it to you this way - if I said that for the rest of the day you will have to watch the Prequels in succession, would you be thinking "Sweet!" or "Oh, shit."

I wouldn't mind rewatching those. Not as good as the first trilogy, but I don't hate them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dizzyshadow said:

My other lasting impression of this game is how huge it appears as despite some decent playtime i really feel like i have barely scratched the surface of the game, and i get the impression the platinum would take like 200 hours, so the chances of me ever getting anywhere with the trophies are slim. 

I agree, it looks like it's going to take a long time to platinum.  I'm really unsure of where to estimate it personally.

It does look like after you get a decent amount of money/resources you can just plant a ton of stuff and have it watered with sprinklers.  That will take most of the work out of it.  So, I'm thinking there's going to be a point where you basically have more money than you can spend pouring in almost every day with just a little maintenance (planting and harvesting).  It's mostly a matter of how long it takes to get to that point and how long it takes to get up to 10 million earned from there. There's also making sure you do basically everything else too (catch every type of fish, cook all of the recipes, craft every item etc).  And that mini-game looks like it could be tough too.

So, yeah, this game was certainly more of a time sink than I thought it would be when I started it.

7 hours ago, dmland12 said:

As far as trophies go...  You can pretty much just mash buttons and have a good time on Easy which makes a lot of these trophies easy enough to get, but the main trouble is probably going to be all of the trophies for taking no damage on higher difficulty.  I didn't get a chance to try for any of these, but I would like to come back to this game at some point and go for it.

With the stuff already under your belt, I'm sure you'll have no trouble with those. Only Megatron and I think Menasor gave me any real issue. And I'm a scrub. :P That fight where you need to protect the autobot hacking was kind of annoying, too.. But other than that, it's fairly simple, when spamming headshots/rush attacks and backing up your save before each mission. 

3 hours ago, Mendant909 said:

Boy is this the third boring game I've played this month.

B-b-but the music! I was humming that shit for months after playing it. :/