The 13 Plats of Halloween

1 minute ago, Koolguy65 said:

Yeah I'm down for that! I love co-op games and getting a plat done with a partner! Makes things so much easier and fun with buddies! :). I will add you as friends so we can get started! Currently working on Until dawn right now! I also have Destiny 2 and Latest finished plat is Mw3! Easiest Veteran campaign out of all of the CODs lol 

One of my gaming sins... I've never played any Call of Duty ever. I kind of dropped out of gaming for all of PS3/Xbox 360 era. I still haven't touched a lot of stuff like Dead Space, Assassin's Creed, Crash Bandicoot, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear etc. I've stuck my toe in the water with God of War and I've played Mass Effect Andromeda but not the original trilogy that everyone loves so much. I've played through all the Uncharteds, except the brand new one. Platted the first two of those. 

6 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

Good news: I've almost completed my WWE 2K17 platinum and I'm ready to fully commit to this tournament.

Bad news: I now have to play some scary games 1f62b.png

I'm digging that Ultimate Warrior make-up icon for the trophy you just popped for I am a wrestling god!

• Like 1

I did manage to pass @xMissFantasy up on trophies, but I had to stay up really late last night to do it. That wasn't my reason for being up late, it just worked out that way. I had a migraine so on Sunday I mostly laid in bed playing Grim Legends with no sound and napping throughout the day. So when it was time to actually go to bed is when I felt the best I had all day. Here's some thoughts about what I completed though. 

Grim Legends was good. I expected it to be kind of dumb, and admittedly the story was kind of meh. But the puzzles were enjoyable and I played through without any guides etc. I only got good and stuck once and it turned out there was an item on the back side of a paper I had already looked at. The second playthrough required was quick enough to not wear out it's welcome. 

Alien Isolation is great! I recommend following a non-spoiler collectibles guide along the way. What I thought would be a quick and easy clean-up via chapter select was neither quick nor easy. I basically had to play through a lot of the game again because the more hidden ones always seemed to be at the end of the missions. However, I think a lot of them would have been available in mission 17 because you can backtrack to quite a few areas but I didn't realize it until I was there. I did this game very inefficiently. However, the game was so good I didn't mind the extra time. Grinding deaths by Alien at the end to finish off the final trophy (get killed by the alien 100 times) felt like a good send off for the game. 

Grim Fandango is OK. I liked the humor and story which is the important part. Part of my problem was that I didn't realize you could run until the very last scene of the game. Walking everywhere was so tedious. Even "remastered" this felt like a PS1 one game and I don't have nostalgia glasses for this time period. The required tank controls thing was fine, but I know it's going to screw me up when I move onto Resident Evil HD. 

Walking Dead: New Frontier was good. More of the same as far as Tell Tale Games go. I did like the awkward love triangle aspects of this one though. There's no big cliff hanger this time. It resolves everything and leaves you wondering what's coming next. My suspicion is they will age Clem to an adult for the final game so they let this early teens version of her finish the story and move on. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

I haven't managed to finish my Chris/Very Easy/ Knife Only run yet but that shall definitely be done tomorrow as I've got all day free to play on it! :dance: To be honest though, I'm having a blast playing through it as it's so fun and I'm enjoying the jump scares as well. I've earned quite a few trophies today as well so I'm making good progress and I'm looking forward to playing a Jill as I love playing as females in games! :P 

1. Resident Evil - 20% :) 

2. Resident Evil 0 - Waiting to Start

3. Alien: Isolation - Waiting to Start

4. Kona - Waiting to Start

EDIT: So I'm going to add a couple of new games onto my list as I think they will fit well:

5. The Escapists

6. The Escapists 2

I'm also planning on popping all my platinums on Halloween as I think that will look pretty cool with the timestamps! :P 

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
Added a couple of games to my list :)

1 hour ago, Miles_Warren said:

Good news: I've almost completed my WWE 2K17 platinum and I'm ready to fully commit to this tournament.

Bad news: I now have to play some scary games 1f62b.png

Good luck with your scary games! ?

1 hour ago, xMissFantasy said:

Finished Kholat over the weekend then got sucked into The Surge. Freaking love that game. 

Ooo is Kholat any good? It's fairly cheap over on Base and I've been looking at it for a while but haven't gotten round to buying it yet. :) 

46 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

~Snip~

Alien Isolation is great! I recommend following a non-spoiler collectibles guide along the way. What I thought would be a quick and easy clean-up via chapter select was neither quick nor easy. I basically had to play through a lot of the game again because the more hidden ones always seemed to be at the end of the missions. However, I think a lot of them would have been available in mission 17 because you can backtrack to quite a few areas but I didn't realize it until I was there. I did this game very inefficiently. However, the game was so good I didn't mind the extra time. Grinding deaths by Alien at the end to finish off the final trophy (get killed by the alien 100 times) felt like a good send off for the game. 

It sounds like your having a great time with your Halloween games! ? Did you follow a non-spoiler guide while playing? If so, would you mind sharing it so I or anyone in this event, can use it? I'm looking to start Resident Evil 0 and Alien: Isolation this weekend so it would be good to use a reliable and recommended guide :) 

Have fun with the rest of your games!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I haven't managed to finish my Chris/Very Easy/ Knife Only run yet but that shall definitely be done tomorrow as I've got all day free to play on it! :dance: To be honest though, I'm having a blast playing through it as it's so fun and I'm enjoying the jump scares as well. I've earned quite a few trophies today as well so I'm making good progress and I'm looking forward to playing a Jill as I love playing as females in games! :P 

Resident Evil - 20% :) 

Resident Evil 0 - Waiting to Start

Alien: Isolation - Waiting to Start

Kona - Waiting to Start

TIP: play with Jill on the higher difficults/game modes cuz it'll make it easier (specially if you make some key decision during the game #spoilers

Also, beware with Resident Evil 0 Hard mode, is in my opinion one of the hardest RE Games, the amount of ammo decrease dramatically (I ended up beating the final boss with the knife....I've to tried many times thou...)

Edited by Uchiha_Snake__
wrong spelling
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

TIP: play with Jill on the higher difficults/game modes cuz it'll make it easier (specially if you make some key decision during the game #spoilers

Also, beware with Resident Evil 0 Hard mode, is in my opinion one of the hardest RE Games, the amount of ammo decrease dramatically (I ended up beating the final boss with the knife....I've to tried many times thou...)

Thank you! :) I was planning on doing that anyway as I've read that it's a lot easier with Jill like you say. I'm following the trophy guide on here as well which is a big help and big hats off to the person who wrote it :yay:

On the Resident Evil 0 tips, thank you for those. I've just read the trophy guide and I'm dreading trying to platinum it now haha

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
Forgot to say about Resident Evil 0

34 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Good luck with your scary games! 1f47b.png

Ooo is Kholat any good? It's fairly cheap over on Base and I've been looking at it for a while but haven't gotten round to buying it yet. :) 

It sounds like your having a great time with your Halloween games! 1f47b.png Did you follow a non-spoiler guide while playing? If so, would you mind sharing it so I or anyone in this event, can use it? I'm looking to start Resident Evil 0 and Alien: Isolation this weekend so it would be good to use a reliable and recommended guide :) 

Have fun with the rest of your games!

I used a guide for collectibles after I had done all the other things. The Youtube series by PS4trophies is good. If you jump ahead, he might refer to a past event. Like "OK, we're heading to the room where <some event occured>"  so you know what's going on. However, there is no spoilers if you're watching them in order. He just guides you along so you know a collectible is in a vent that you'll probably just walk past etc. Here's the video for mission 1 to start you off right. 

Spoiler

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

That's weird, I never had any problem with RE0 ammo-wise. I always had a huge stockpile at the end like most RE games.
I also like Chris better for the higher difficulties because of the knife range and critical chance (but I agree that most people should play Jill like you said).

Do you think Naruto would count as a Halloween platinum? I mean the whole thing with the Orochimaru fighting the third hokage with reanimated corpses is pretty messed up. lol

9 minutes ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

That's weird, I never had any problem with RE0 ammo-wise. I always had a huge stockpile at the end like most RE games.
I also like Chris better for the higher difficulties because of the knife range and critical chance (but I agree that most people should play Jill like you said).

Do you think Naruto would count as a Halloween platinum? I mean the whole thing with the Orochimaru fighting the third hokage with reanimated corpses is pretty messed up. lol

I must had bad luck then and left some resources untaken, I avoid all the enemies I could, and I only found one of each granade launcher ammo types, also I realized that they changed some of the shotgun shells you find for normal handgun bullets ? they banned some of the magnun ammo too (like those bullets you find in the boos battle just before the last typewritter). Still, that's the only RE game I felt like getting out of ammo tho... ?

2 minutes ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I must had bad luck then and left some resources untaken, I avoid all the enemies I could, and I only found one of each granade launcher ammo types, also I realized that they changed some of the shotgun shells you find for normal handgun bullets 1f612.png they banned some of the magnun ammo too (like those bullets you find in the boos battle just before the last typewritter). Still, that's the only RE game I felt like getting out of ammo tho... 1f610.png

I remembered something after I posted.

RE games are sometimes tough but they are not designed for you to fail. The final rooms/areas have enough ammo for you to take out the bosses (at least in all of the games I can think of). 

Spoiler

If you were talking about the true final boss then maybe you were firing too fast. The second character needs to open the roof so that the light will kill it and during this time you just need to be a distraction. If the boss is not targeting the partner it is good enough. I think they didn't do a very good job explaining that so I could see people wasting a lot of ammo there.

1 hour ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

@Toogie53 i feel left behind by you guys, put the 2 plats besides my name too (in my stats info) ?

I fixed this. Sorry for the mistake. There's still a lot of time in the event so don't worry about pace. I've also been working on games on the easier end of the scale. I'm pretty sure I'll be slowing way down. I'll be focusing on either The Last of Us or The Evil Within next.  Both will take me some time and The Evil Within may be beyond my skill level. 

34 minutes ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

I remembered something after I posted.

RE games are sometimes tough but they are not designed for you to fail. The final rooms/areas have enough ammo for you to take out the bosses (at least in all of the games I can think of). 

Reveal hidden contents

If you were talking about the true final boss then maybe you were firing too fast. The second character needs to open the roof so that the light will kill it and during this time you just need to be a distraction. If the boss is not targeting the partner it is good enough. I think they didn't do a very good job explaining that so I could see people wasting a lot of ammo there.

This is what I remember too. However, I've never played any of them on hard mode before. 

Edited by Toogie53

@RizzleAbbey12 It is. Gives you a creepy feeling, especially not knowing when something is going to get you. Only thing is though, finding all the notes SUCKED as well as having to save and exit the game a lot just to back my save up for the Survivalist trophy. For that, you CAN NOT die. Period.

I felt intimidated by the trophy list but honestly, it's not that bad. For almost 7 hours of game time (for me), it was worth the $5 I paid for it. Plus, the actual true story is really intriguing, despite almost 50 years later, no one having an explanation as to what happened. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

@RizzleAbbey12 It is. Gives you a creepy feeling, especially not knowing when something is going to get you. Only thing is though, finding all the notes SUCKED as well as having to save and exit the game a lot just to back my save up for the Survivalist trophy. For that, you CAN NOT die. Period.

I felt intimidated by the trophy list but honestly, it's not that bad. For almost 7 hours of game time (for me), it was worth the $5 I paid for it. Plus, the actual true story is really intriguing, despite almost 50 years later, no one having an explanation as to what happened. 

Thank you! :) It's definitely going on my soon to buy list. I think that the story is the biggest draw for me when it came to looking into Kholat as I just found it intriguing and quite mysterious at the same time. 

• Like 1

Woof, the voice acting in Dying Reborn is bad. Also it's kind of annoying because I missed a memo and it's not letting me chapter select? Every time I try, it just puts me in the chapter I left off at. Maybe you just have to beat the game first? I hope so, because if I have to play through the entire game again for one memo, I won't be happy. -_-

Also made some progress on Operation Abyss. Now that Night in the Woods has an obtainable plat, I might sub that one in somewhere.

• Like 1

Props to those of you playing Dying Reborn. I saw a trailer for that game and it looks...not good. I don't think I could do it.

Also, a rare Monday update. I knocked out the challenge rooms in Metro: Last Light Redux, so that game is ready to platinum. Three down, ten to go.

1. The Escapists: The Walking Dead (23/25) **READY TO PLAT**
  2. Metro: Last Light Redux (48/50) **READY TO PLAT**
  3. South Park: The Stick of Truth (49/51) **READY TO PLAT**
  4. Batman: Arkham Knight (89/110)

@Toogie53, you should make a couple of changes to my list in your post. First, 7 and 8 are the same game. (I think you thought I was referring to the original Escapists and Telltale's TWD, but I've already played both of those.) Second, you can remove 10 and 11, as I'm not touching White Day and I'm not sure about Yomawuri yet. You might as well remove 5 too, until I can figure out which RE game I'm going to play. The original looks the most likely.

I have now finished Chris' Very Easy/Knife Only Run and I really enjoyed doing it as well. It felt more authentic and scary when using just the knife which is brilliant! :) I'm going to do my Jill/Normal/Speedrun this afternoon so I can get the Rocket Launcher which will make the other playthroughs a lot easier :) Wish me luck! :P 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I have now finished Chris' Very Easy/Knife Only Run and I really enjoyed doing it as well. It felt more authentic and scary when using just the knife which is brilliant! :) I'm going to do my Jill/Normal/Speedrun this afternoon so I can get the Rocket Launcher which will make the other playthroughs a lot easier :) Wish me luck! :P 

Good luck ?! thought you can't use the rocket launcher or any special weapon on both Real Survivor or the Invisible Enemies, but at least you can use it on Hard mode?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Good luck 1f601.png! thought you can't use the rocket launcher or any special weapon on both Real Survivor or the Invisible Enemies, but at least you can use it on Hard mode1f636.png

Oh yeah that's right, I thought I'd read that somewhere haha :D But at least I can use them on Hard Mode like you say :)