The 13 Plats of Halloween

For Dying Reborn - I thought it was weird but it looked like on the Vita version I could have selected chapters I hadn't done yet. I didn't try to go out of order though. 

In other news, I started working on The Last of Us. Which is a better plan? A pleasant playthrough on easy difficulty to grab all the collectibles, jokes, optional conversations, etc. and then take on the survivor difficulty playthroughs or start on survivor and save myself a playthrough but potentially have a rougher time trying to get everything. I'm still too intimidated by The Evil Within but I'm going to do it eventually...

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

For Dying Reborn - I thought it was weird but it looked like on the Vita version I could have selected chapters I hadn't done yet. I didn't try to go out of order though. 

In other news, I started working on The Last of Us. Which is a better plan? A pleasant playthrough on easy difficulty to grab all the collectibles, jokes, optional conversations, etc. and then take on the survivor difficulty playthroughs or start on survivor and save myself a playthrough but potentially have a rougher time trying to get everything. I'm still too intimidated by The Evil Within but I'm going to do it eventually...

Don't you have to play through the game three times for the platinum? I seem to recall having to beat it once to unlock the hardest difficulty, a second time on the hardest difficulty, and then a third time on NG+ (which is really pointless). Maybe they changed it for the remastered version.

At any rate, my preferred way of playing any game is a blind playthrough on the hardest difficulty, followed by an easy playthrough using a guide for collectibles. TLoU is no exception.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Don't you have to play through the game three times for the platinum? I seem to recall having to beat it once to unlock the hardest difficulty, a second time on the hardest difficulty, and then a third time on NG+ (which is really pointless). Maybe they changed it for the remastered version.

At any rate, my preferred way of playing any game is a blind playthrough on the hardest difficulty, followed by an easy playthrough using a guide for collectibles. TLoU is no exception.

I believe Survivor difficulty is locked before completing the game beforehand, however the DLC Grounded difficulty (Harder than Survivor) is unlocked right away, and I think that gives you the trophies for the other difficulties as well. 

I platinumed Dying Reborn! Not...the best game I've ever played, but it was a neat concept. I'd like to see more games of its kind, but more polished.

In other news, my time gaming might be cut back a little if I ace this interview tomorrow, but I'll try to keep on track!

Edited by GlennRhee
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, GlennRhee said:

I platinumed Dying Reborn! Not...the best game I've ever played, but it was a neat concept. I'd like to see more games of its kind, but more polished.

In other news, my time gaming might be cut back a little if I ace this interview tomorrow, but I'll try to keep on track!

Grats on the plat and good luck with the interview! 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

On PS3 you had to complete it on hard difficulty to unlock survivor difficulty, then play survivor, and then survivor+. On the remastered version, you can just start on survivor, I think. I have played through the campaign a few times on normal previously, before I was trophy hunting. However, as far as getting the platinum goes, those previous playthroughs won't save me any time. I still need at least two playthroughs to complete all trophies. Alien Isolation worked out that way too. 

20 minutes ago, Avalynch said:

I believe Survivor difficulty is locked before completing the game beforehand, however the DLC Grounded difficulty (Harder than Survivor) is unlocked right away, and I think that gives you the trophies for the other difficulties as well. 

I don't remember if it was locked before. However, I've played through on Normal in the past so I can just start survivor right now. I'm just debating between getting collectibles on an easy playthrough or going right into survivor. 

8 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

@GlennRhee I have an interview tomorrow as well. :D Good luck to both of us! ?

Good luck to you too!

Edited by Toogie53

Update from me :) I've had two days solid free time to play Resident Evil and it has been brilliant and I've managed to do so much! I have now finished my Jill/Normal/Speedrun/Killing Everyone playthrough which netted me those trophies and also, thanks to some clever saving at the Stairway, I managed to reload and get the Saving Everyone and the Every Nook and Cranny trophy as well! So that saved me another playthrough later on which is good! Now all I need to do is play the Real Survivor and Invisible Enemy modes and a quick game where I don't save but these should only take me a couple of days! :) 

Resident Evil - 68% :D 

Resident Evil 0 - Waiting to Start

Kona - Waiting to Start

Alien: Isolation - Waiting to Start

The Escapists - Waiting to Start

The Escapists 2 - Waiting to Start

Can't wait for the new sale tomorrow over on the PS Store tomorrow for the UK! I'm hoping there will be some good cheap Halloween games. :P I really want to get How To Survive 2.

16 hours ago, GlennRhee said:

16 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

@GlennRhee I have an interview tomorrow as well. :D Good luck to both of us! 1f44d.png

Good luck to both of you ? see guys? we might be able to keep up with them now ?

56 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Update from me :) I've had two days solid free time to play Resident Evil and it has been brilliant and I've managed to do so much! I have now finished my Jill/Normal/Speedrun/Killing Everyone playthrough which netted me those trophies and also, thanks to some clever saving at the Stairway, I managed to reload and get the Saving Everyone and the Every Nook and Cranny trophy as well! So that saved me another playthrough later on which is good! Now all I need to do is play the Real Survivor and Invisible Enemy modes and a quick game where I don't save but these should only take me a couple of days! :) 

Kona - Waiting to Start

Can't wait for the new sale tomorrow over on the PS Store tomorrow for the UK! I'm hoping there will be some good cheap Halloween games. :P I really want to get How To Survive 2.

The PS Store sales for NA region didn't have much in the way of Halloween games. Mostly Assassin's Creed and Batman things for us. 

• Like 1

Good luck in your interviews @GlennRhee and @xMissFantasy! :D I hope it goes well for you!

31 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

The PS Store sales for NA region didn't have much in the way of Halloween games. Mostly Assassin's Creed and Batman things for us. 

Not again :facepalm: Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to wait and see then.

2 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Kona - Waiting to Start

You want my advice Rizzle? Throw in the Escapists: Walking Dead into this list. I bloody love the Escapists series and this one is so perfect and a lot of fun. Plus, it works perfectly for the comp. 

@GlennRhee and @xMissFantasy Hopefully your interviews went well. I hate interviews

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I love that these are on your list, I'm sure prison is one of the scariest places you can go in real life. lol
When you start the first game you should name the other prisoners/guards after your fellow 13 Plats of Halloween participants. It'll make it even funnier when you knock out Toogie so you can use the treadmill.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

I love that these are on your list, I'm sure prison is one of the scariest places you can go in real life. lol
When you start the first game you should name the other prisoners/guards after your fellow 13 Plats of Halloween participants. It'll make it even funnier when you knock out Toogie so you can use the treadmill.

Jajaja clever indeed, that could even be worth of some captures from his game :eyebrow:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

I like it. That would be very funny. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

You want my advice Rizzle? Throw in the Escapists: Walking Dead into this list. I bloody love the Escapists series and this one is so perfect and a lot of fun. Plus, it works perfectly for the comp. 

I would have loved to have done that but I already have The Escapists: Walking Dead on the Xbox One and I've already 100%ed it as well. :) Shame though as I would have loved to do it again. 

3 hours ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

Thank you, I was looking at my (too big) backlog and I thought they'd go well as prison is pretty scary.

Haha that's a pretty good idea! :D That would make some funny screenshots as well ^_^ 

• Like 1

While I can't participate, I'll be platinuming Goosebumps the Game as my 31st platinum in honor of October 31, the date of Halloween and platinuming Grim Fandango Remastered on Halloween because that game has a lot of references to Day of the Dead, the Mexican holiday that happens around Halloween. ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MysticjMax said:

While I can't participate, I'll be platinuming Goosebumps the Game as my 31st platinum in honor of October 31, the date of Halloween and platinuming Grim Fandango Remastered on Halloween because that game has a lot of references to Day of the Dead, the Mexican holiday that happens around Halloween. ?

That sounds like a fun way to celebrate. Hopefully there will be another event you can sign up for. This one started up early because of the emphasis on the quantity of trophies. 

Update

so to be honest I haven't been putting a lot of time into my Halloween games because I'm finished up this season of the trophy hunter team league and that's more about short quick games and most of the games on my list didn't fit that. also Destiny 2.  But it's almost over and then this will be my main gaming focus.

Alos I have to take a game off my list because I forgot I loaned Diablo 3 to a friend and he's getting deep into the season mode thing or whatever and asked to keep borrowing it and that's fine by me. I'm leaving two empty slots right now because I'm still waiting to see what games are free on PS+ for October. They usually do a good spooky selection.

THE LIST

1. Costume Quest - (waiting to see if they make it free on PS+)

2. Costume Quest 2 - (waiting to see if they make it free on PS+)

3. SAW - (Purchased and waiting to start)

4. SAW 2 Flesh and Blood - (Purchased and waiting to start)

5. The Bunker - (gonna complete this on Saturday for that national trophy hunting day thing)

6. Batman: The Telltale series - PLATINUMED

7. The Walking Dead season 1 - (Looking for a physical copy because I'm a collector with a sickness)

8. The Escapists: The Walking Dead - 25% done

9. Resident Evil 5 - 21% done

10. Night Trap - (Got that Limited Run physical copy baby)

11. Dante's Inferno - (Purchased and ready to start)

12 & 13 - waiting to see what PS+ brings for October 

So I've made some more progress on Resident Evil today. I have gotten about half way through my Jill/Real Survivor playthrough which isn't as bad as I thought it would be but I really wish there was some more healing items. I also got the Starsenal trophy thanks to Richard as his Assault Shotgun was the only one I was missing. Also causally burned up a zombie or two on my travels as well so that's a good day in my book ;) So I just need to finish my Jill/Real Survivor playthrough tomorrow and then do my Chris/Invisible Enemies/ No Save playthrough and I will have the Platinum ready to pop! :D 

Resident Evil - 73%

Kona - Waiting to Start

• Like 1

I'm going to follow in @RizzleAbbey12's footsteps, by beginning Resident Evil tonight (or this weekend). The biggest concern I have isn't the difficulty or even the number of playthroughs, but rather which trophy I can ignore so that I can pop the platinum on Halloween. I'm looking for a trophy that only takes a few minutes to earn (since I'll have twelve other games to platinum that same day), but also one that I won't accidentally trigger while I'm playing the game normally. Due to most of the trophies being tied to story-related events, this could be tricky. I'm going to guess the speedrun trophy is probably the best option here, assuming (a) it doesn't have to be completed in a single sitting, and (b) it keeps track of my playtime. If that's the case, I could just complete the majority of the speedrun before October 31 and then finish it off when Halloween rolls around.

@DoctorDrPepper brought up a good point too. A lot of us seem to be waiting for a Halloween sale. And I don't know about you guys, but I'm still not sure what other games are going to make my list. I've been reading through other people's lists (and suggestions) to get an idea of what else I might want to play, but it'd be nice to have all that information in one place. @Toogie53, do you think you could include a master list of all the spooky games people are playing? That might be useful for those of us still searching for a few more games. You could separate them out by platinum versus 100%, and maybe indicate which of them are on sale (whenever that happens). If you have the time, of course. And if that's something other players might be interested in.

As for me, I finished The Deadly Tower of Monsters (still have some random trophies to earn) and I'll probably start RE soon.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I'm going to follow in @RizzleAbbey12's footsteps, by beginning Resident Evil tonight (or this weekend). The biggest concern I have isn't the difficulty or even the number of playthroughs, but rather which trophy I can ignore so that I can pop the platinum on Halloween. I'm looking for a trophy that only takes a few minutes to earn (since I'll have twelve other games to platinum that same day), but also one that I won't accidentally trigger while I'm playing the game normally. Due to most of the trophies being tied to story-related events, this could be tricky. I'm going to guess the speedrun trophy is probably the best option here, assuming (a) it doesn't have to be completed in a single sitting, and (b) it keeps track of my playtime. If that's the case, I could just complete the majority of the speedrun before October 31 and then finish it off when Halloween rolls around.

@DoctorDrPepper brought up a good point too. A lot of us seem to be waiting for a Halloween sale. And I don't know about you guys, but I'm still not sure what other games are going to make my list. I've been reading through other people's lists (and suggestions) to get an idea of what else I might want to play, but it'd be nice to have all that information in one place. @Toogie53, do you think you could include a master list of all the spooky games people are playing? That might be useful for those of us still searching for a few more games. You could separate them out by platinum versus 100%, and maybe indicate which of them are on sale (whenever that happens). If you have the time, of course. And if that's something other players might be interested in.

As for me, I finished The Deadly Tower of Monsters (still have some random trophies to earn) and I'll probably start RE soon.

It can be one related to difficult (like beat the game in invisible enemies mode) since you can save the game just before the final battle (wich you could also ignore #spoilers), Either Fighting or not it wont take you more than 5 minutes,  there are other trophies you can Skip such as clear the game saving everyone or none of your tean mates, but you will need to be very careful with that, So i will recomend you the Ghost of a chance trophy, awarded for clearin Enemies Invisible mode! Good luck

• Like 1