Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

20 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

I am very tempted to platinum this collection just because I could curbstomp the story by the time I get to my final branching path because my characters are max level. It's like Disgaea but with easier ways to grind. :P

Also, there is a platforming game called "Stories: Tales of Destiny" that does the same thing - you play through the several levels, beat the big bad in five minutes, then restart and do the whole thing over but make a different decision. And you have to go through ALL 50 branching paths to get all of the trophies. Ouch. 1f62b.png

That's actually a good comparison. It's very similar to Stories. It's not a short game, though. I probably had 60-70 hours of playtime between Langrisser I and II. You really have to be careful with your saves and making sure you understand how to unlock the various routes. You can jump to any past chapter at any time, but you can't jump to a future chapter (even if you've beaten it before) or access a chapter on a different route. I ended up having to play some maps more times than necessary because I didn't plan in advance. This becomes trickier in Langrisser II, where you may end up having to return to one of the earliest maps if you didn't let things play out a certain way.

I can't recommend Langrisser, but it is probably the closest thing to Fire Emblem we'll see on a PlayStation console.

Oh. And it looks like we have a joint platinum today.

Platinum #213 - God of War: Chains of Olympus

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/41f03e/trophies/1L042254.png

Do you remember the Foul Play? Well, let me show you the God of War.

SQUARE SQUARE TRIANGLE. SQUARE SQUARE TRIANGLE. SQUARE SQUARE TRIANGLE. SQUARE SQUARE TRIANGLE. SQUARE SQUARE TRIANGLE. SQUARE SQUARE TRIANGLE. SQUARE SQUARE TRIANGLE. SQUARE SQUARE TRIANGLE. SQUARE SQUARE TRIANGLE. SQUARE SQUARE TRIANGLE. SQUARE SQUARE TRIANGLE. SQUARE SQUARE TRIANGLE. SQUARE SQUARE TRIANGLE. SQUARE SQUARE TRIANGLE. SQUARE SQUARE TRIANGLE.

Jokes aside... Yeah, I guess this was more of the same. I think the reason I didn't remember which God of War games I had played before was because they all kinda merge together. This was my first time playing this one, though. It was OK. Kratos is a bit of an asshole, isn't he?

I guess that's it for God of War for now. We'll get to GoW3 and the remaining spin-offs after CJ's event. They don't really fit my theme-within-a-theme and my fingers could use a break. Those challenges are really frustrating.

King Knight next, maybe? The console patch for Cities: Skylines was delayed, so I'm limited in what I can work on.

Is anybody else buying an unhealthy amount of games during this lockdown?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Jokes aside... Yeah, I guess this was more of the same. I think the reason I didn't remember which God of War games I had played before was because they all kinda merge together. This was my first time playing this one, though. It was OK. Kratos is a bit of an asshole, isn't he?

I guess that's it for God of War for now. We'll get to GoW3 and the remaining spin-offs after CJ's event. They don't really fit my theme-within-a-theme and my fingers could use a break. Those challenges are really frustrating.

King Knight next, maybe? The console patch for Cities: Skylines was delayed, so I'm limited in what I can work on.

I can kinda agree, that some of the games can blend together gameplay wise, but they're also distinct y'know? Like GoW is kinda clunkier than the other games, because it's the first one. And Ascension is the prettiest PS3 God of War, with a nicer Kratos, but only one weapon set. GoW 2 shows up as probably the one with the most epic set pieces and Ghost of Sparta is the one that's sorta squeezed into the timeline. Be sure to play the rest of the games in Chronological order. It feels more like you're playing one ongoing story ;).

Also I'm actually exercising extreme restraint in my game purchases. Because my backlog of games is sitting on a shelf, reminding me I need to finish them all sometime. The only game I've recently purchased is Control.

Edited by James_Tonto
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Kratos is a bit of an asshole, isn't he?

Yeah, the original Kratos was a dickwad who only enjoyed f'king whores and ripping the heads off of gods. The new Kratos got mellowed with parenthood. I sure hope that when Astreus gets hormones his daddy doesn't mention the many times he had sex with Greek women. xD

To be honest, while I am not interested in Kratos (unless he's in the PS4 version of Shovel Knight) I do admit that the new reboot was pretty cool. While people loved the badass original Kratos, they also loved the Norse-home Kratos, even if he had to kill the Valkyries too. Too bad Spyro's reboot was the opposite. (I hope that the Legend of Spyro trilogy never gets remade, or if it is, they fix all of the boring sh*t that made it so bad.) :(

King Knight next, maybe?

There's a really cool any% of that Shovel Knight DLC from the latest Games Done Quick marathon here. Check it out for some ideas. If it wasn't so late in the month, I'd consider picking up the Treasure Trove and practicing Shovel Knight so I won't rage quit when I go for Checkpointless. :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Not sure if it is an unhealthy amount, but I got "Control" and "Death Stranding" physical copies for $30 each, would have bought them as long as they got to that price anyways. Already got the platinum for "Control" and got about half way through "Death Stranding", but had to put in some breaks for slogging cargo around like a UPS driver. Been playing "Kings Quest" in between sessions, which is a delightful game and great cut in for "Death Stranding" breaks. Was also able to finally platinum "Uncharted 2" on PS3, I can finally change out the game on that system...probably to "Uncharted 3".

Just got "FF7R". It is rare now a days to stop a game in the middle for a while, but I really wanted to play this before I heard too many things about it on the internet or from friends.

It's been a while since I've played a Lego game so I decided to get the "Lego Marvel Collection" from the sale. There are some other games, like "Plague Tale: Innocence", I'm on the fence about getting, but I'm still planning to complete every game I buy this year and still behind on that.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 11:06 PM, Cassylvania said:

Let's see... checking my PSN purchase history...

Pre-purchased Trials of Mana for $54.10....

Purchased Disgaea 5 and Disgaea 1 Complete on sale for $43.81...

Purchased Kingdom Hearts All-In-One package for $32.45...

Purchased a ton of Vita games for stacks for about $60...

Yeeeeeah, I think that my purchase history would be considered unhealthy, as in it has COVID-19. xD

Hopefully having to play six times through Trials of Mana and the new Super Mario Maker Update will keep me distracted until May 3 when my check renews. (My dad said the bank was giving checks to people for some reason but I don't think I got any. Still, I don't buy much food and the only major checks are rent and electricity which are around $750, so it's not a big deal.)

• Like 1

Nice to see you play the GoW games ? God of War III was my first plat ever, but I played all the games that were available on the PS2. Really liked them back then, but I feel like your description of the combat is spot-on... pretty much just button mashing, so I have to admit that the combat in GoW 2018 is more to my liking. 

On 21.4.2020 at 6:06 AM, Cassylvania said:

The last two games I purchased were Nioh 2, although I purchased it before it even released, and Trials Rising since I'm liking Trials Fusion so much and it was like 15€ including DLC, so that was sort of a spontaneous purchase. There are no games on my wishlist that have been on sale recently... ? well, that's not entirely true... The Surge 2 has been offered multiple times, but that one will be much cheaper soon and I wouldn't get to it right away anyways, so don't need it in my backlog just yet. 

I am really hoping to see Nex Machina soon on sale, but it's not like I have nothing to play already downloaded ?

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 11:06 PM, Cassylvania said:

Yeah I've bought 

Catherine

Spec Ops the Line

FF XII

FF VII Remake

Legend of Heroes Trials of Cold Steel

No Man's Sky

Titan Souls

Splasher

Super Bomberman R 

and Farcry 4

Totaling out at $187 which is a bit much since I probably won't get to them for awhile :( 

I promised myself I was done till the end of the year though, so hopefully I can follow through on that

• Like 1

I didnt spend any money this year til recently when I bought:

Death Stranding

My Friend Pedro

Resident Evil 2 R

Catherine: Full Body

Devil May Cry 5

And yesterday the Season Pass for Dirt Rally 2.

Next purchase will be TLoU2. Hopefully I can resist to buy anything else til then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

Anybody planning to buy XCOM: Chimera Squad? I am interested in opinions. Unfortunately, it's PC only.

Im a huge fan of Firaxis in general and have sunk 100s of hours into X-Com games but im going to hold off for a few weeks on Chimera Squad. (Not in the least because of a massive backlog in PS4 games)

Still a bit jaded with how buggy X-Com 2 could be and how long it took for there to be substantial fixes to the game its-self. 

So once reviews with a decent amount of time has hit and whether there is any huge issues or not, i'll probably pick it up.

• Like 1

Wow, you guys have been busy. Can't reply to everybody, so here are my thoughts on some of the games that were mentioned...

• For those of you who got Control, I've heard good things about it. I'll probably pick it up eventually. I assume it was (or still is) on sale? I see it on sale a lot.
  • Not sure about Death Stranding. Doesn't really look like my kind of game. (Despite the fact that wandering around an expansive environment for hundreds of hours is kinda my thing.)
  • There's a good chance Plague Tale: Innocence will be my next game. I'll let you know what I think.
  • Trials of Mana... Let me watch a review video. *Eleven minutes later...* Wow, pretty. I like that it has the option for Japanese audio with English subtitles. I mean, Sekiro had that, but it's kinda hard to pay attention to subtitles when you have a guy lunging at you with a katana. You playing that soon, @Rune_Crys? I'd like to know how it is.
  • The Surge 2? I haven't even played The Surge 1. But, for some reason, I have it. I guess I could do it if I really, REALLY wanted to get my Souls fix...
  • Speaking of that, I was actually thinking of speed running Demon's Souls. Not competitively or anything. Just to clear my schedule (HAHA, like that's real hard to do these days) for a while and see how quickly I can get the platinum. Obviously, I won't be able to compete with the people at the top of the leaderboards, but I'm pretty sure I had the game down to a science back in 2014. I think I could do it in a 24 hour period. I would just have to remember my route and get lucky with the PBS drop.
  • You got some REALLY good games, @Together_Comic I'm still waiting on a price drop for Catherine, but the Premium Edition is tempting. ?
  • RE2 is coming up for me too.
20 hours ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

Anybody planning to buy XCOM: Chimera Squad? I am interested in opinions. Unfortunately, it's PC only.

I didn't even know about this game until I saw a WAB review on it yesterday. He had issues with it (mostly for the story, which is always garbage in XCOM games), but it looks OK. Just...OK, I think. I don't think I'll buy it unless it comes to PS4. There are too many games I want to get to that aren't rehashes of existing games. (Who am I kidding? That's been the theme of the past decade.)

Anyway, I've been addicted to this little indie gem called Two Point Hospital. If you haven't heard of it, it's basically a strategy game disguised as a simulator, where you're in charge of all the decisions that go into building a successful hospital. You have to hire staff, train them, construct various facilities around the hospital, and try to keep your patients happy and alive. But it's actually much deeper than you might think. Cities: Skylines is like that too, where you can make something that looks pretty, but you really have to learn the algorithm of the game if you want to be successful. And unfortunately, whereas Cities: Skylines is more of a sandbox game with a few "scenario" missions, TPH is almost entirely scenario missions with a sandbox mode that's just for fun. That...can lead to a frustrating experience, because you're doing more of what the game wants you to do than what you want to do.

But it is really addictive. I'm about halfway through, I think. There seem to be 21 levels (I'm on 11), and you have to three star all of them for what is essentially the platinum. Some of the three star requirements are hard. This game's gotta be at least a 6 or 7 on the difficulty scale. The last stage I did, I had earthquakes and volcanoes destroying my VERY EXPENSIVE medical equipment. Yes, a volcano.

You leave my elements of medical alone!

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Trials of Mana... Let me watch a review video. *Eleven minutes later...* Wow, pretty. I like that it has the option for Japanese audio with English subtitles. I mean, Sekiro had that, but it's kinda hard to pay attention to subtitles when you have a guy lunging at you with a katana. You playing that soon, @Rune_Crys? I'd like to know how it is.

Oh, you have no idea. I'm supposed to be starting Dragon Quest Builders 2 but all of my games are on burner while I'm playing through this! Since you're going to go for Kingdom Hearts, this game is sort of like that. Lot of interesting skill builds you can do, and while there are trophies for finding chests and a little cactus guy, nothing that can't be looked up on a guide. You do have to play through the game three times as there are trophies for going through each of the three storylines and beating the final boss of each, and there is a boss fight you have to do on hard, but so far I am enjoying the game. The music is beautiful and the graphics are great. I think the cutscenes are skippable but I haven't skipped them, they are so great. To be fair, I played the fan translation of the original game on the Super Nintendo but this game is a lot more forgiving and has new mechanics(like the seed pot in the inn will level up and allow you get rarer seeds more often), and there is a new game+ mode that carries over your levels once you do a post-game chapter. You can choose your difficulty(I went with the easiest one as it allows me to enjoy the story and not worry about dying so much) and grinding is pretty minimal(I am not even close to the Mana Stone I need to do my first class change and I'm already way higher level than the required level you need). There are enemies that have shields you have to break with power attacks, but all in all the game isn't too difficult.

I hope that huge wall of text shows how much I am enjoying this game. ^_^ The best part is that you don't need to play the buggy Secret of Mana remake to get this game - this game's world is completely different.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Not sure about Death Stranding. Doesn't really look like my kind of game. (Despite the fact that wandering around an expansive environment for hundreds of hours is kinda my thing)

I wasn't hyped up for Death Stranding when teasers were shown and didn't follow its development, but when the release day dropped I totally got it within a week lol. Idk, the hype finally got to me and reading some players impressions of it intrigued me.

It's definitely different and I found delivering stuff kinda relaxing lol. You can also build things and repair roads to make routes easier, but it's also pretty cool that you can utilize other player's inventory and vice-versa when connecting online.

Story is pretty WTF, but it's Kojima. I personally like his take on game direction, detailing, and scenarios while other people think he's overrated. The acting is pretty nice too, definitely like Norman Reedus and Mads Mikkelsen~

Watching streams/Let's Plays is a good way to regard it if you're unsure!

• Like 1

I see you're doing Demon's Souls.

I'm going to guess you will be using the Duping glitch, obviously that's the ideal way to play through this because otherwise you'll be spending over 100 hours on it. Someone tried to open up private servers for this game but I don't know how that went, I've basically left this game behind since I got the platinum. Regardless, you'll be doing the glitch a lot.

Have fun when you're doing the Pure Bladestone drop. Hopefully luck will be on your side.

On 4/25/2020 at 2:10 PM, Cassylvania said:

Anyway, I've been addicted to this little indie gem called Two Point Hospital. If you haven't heard of it, it's basically a strategy game disguised as a simulator, where you're in charge of all the decisions that go into building a successful hospital. You have to hire staff, train them, construct various facilities around the hospital, and try to keep your patients happy and alive. But it's actually much deeper than you might think. Cities: Skylines is like that too, where you can make something that looks pretty, but you really have to learn the algorithm of the game if you want to be successful. And unfortunately, whereas Cities: Skylines is more of a sandbox game with a few "scenario" missions, TPH is almost entirely scenario missions with a sandbox mode that's just for fun. That...can lead to a frustrating experience, because you're doing more of what the game wants you to do than what you want to do.

But it is really addictive. I'm about halfway through, I think. There seem to be 21 levels (I'm on 11), and you have to three star all of them for what is essentially the platinum. Some of the three star requirements are hard. This game's gotta be at least a 6 or 7 on the difficulty scale. The last stage I did, I had earthquakes and volcanoes destroying my VERY EXPENSIVE medical equipment. Yes, a volcano.

You leave my elements of medical alone!

I've seen footage of this game. Reminds me a little of the old Sim games Maxis used to put out back in the late 1990s, when Will Wright was still head of the company. Good times.

I will not bother with Cities: Skylines. It may be a modern day SimCity that is pretty good, but there's just too much crap in that game for me to bother with. Plus they keep cranking out DLC which I absolutely despise especially long after the base game is released. That always irritates me, and some of the trophies in Cities: Skylines look like they are completely luck based.

Is there anything on your list strategy wise that you can recommend that isn't too time consuming or difficult? I've looked at The Banner Saga trilogy and that isn't my cup of tea, I'm looking for city building/simulator games that don't take too long. Anything under 50 hours would be good. I know you have some indie gems on your account that are strategy, but I haven't had the time to sift through other peoples profiles to find a game that might be good for me.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 7:21 PM, Rune_Crys said:

I hope that huge wall of text shows how much I am enjoying this game. ^_^ The best part is that you don't need to play the buggy Secret of Mana remake to get this game - this game's world is completely different.

Sounds good! I love the visuals. I wanted to play Secret of Mana (never played the original), but the mediocre and negative reviews got to me. Whenever it comes to remakes, I always feel like if I didn't play the original, I probably won't appreciate the remake unless it's really good. FFVIIR seems to be like that...

On 4/25/2020 at 8:58 PM, Bittersweet said:

Watching streams/Let's Plays is a good way to regard it if you're unsure!

That might be the best way for me to experience it. (Of course, I said the same thing about the Assassin's Creed series, and then I went out and bought like five AC games last week.)

Glad you're enjoying it, though. It seems like such a polarizing game that I'm interested to see which camp I'd fall in.

20 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I see you're doing Demon's Souls.

I'm going to guess you will be using the Duping glitch, obviously that's the ideal way to play through this because otherwise you'll be spending over 100 hours on it. Someone tried to open up private servers for this game but I don't know how that went, I've basically left this game behind since I got the platinum. Regardless, you'll be doing the glitch a lot.

Oh, you ruined the big surprise! Yeah, I debated for a long time (almost an entire shower) about whether or not I was going to use the duping glitch. I've platinumed the game several times before, so it's not like I feel I'd be cheating myself out of anything, but it's also one of my favorite games. I was thinking of actually trying to speed run the game and make it my new fastest platinum, but that would require finishing everything in around 22 hours. I know I could do it if I practiced a little and started around 6 AM (without the glitch), but I'd probably get unlucky with the PBS drop and fail in the eleventh hour. Plus, I don't want to rush the game.

I also don't want to overdo it, so I think I will use the glitch this time around. Once through each level and a final dance with each boss. I'm actually fighting the Old Hero right now, using my usual tactic of shooting him once with a bow, waiting for him to reset, and repeating. It's hilarious how you can cheese every boss in this game.

30 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Is there anything on your list strategy wise that you can recommend that isn't too time consuming or difficult? I've looked at The Banner Saga trilogy and that isn't my cup of tea, I'm looking for city building/simulator games that don't take too long. Anything under 50 hours would be good. I know you have some indie gems on your account that are strategy, but I haven't had the time to sift through other peoples profiles to find a game that might be good for me.

I was debating between Two Point Hospital and Surviving Mars as my next game. I tried them both out, but Surviving Mars looked a little too complicated for me right now. (It turns out I probably picked the longer/harder game.) That could be something worth looking at. It does have DLC, though.

Aven Colony is another I haven't played but have been meaning to get to. I think it's a sub-20 hour plat.

I'm on the fence about Frostpunk. Civ VI is probably good. I don't know anything about Age of Wonders: Planetfall, but it's on my list of things to check out.

I got the platinum in Prison Architect in under a week. It's...a lot less frustrating than Two Point Hospital.

Tropico 5 is decent, if you don't mind the DLC. The sequel is supposed to be good too, but I'm probably going to wait for a complete edition. If you're willing to venture outside of the city-building genre (which unfortunately is very lacking on the PS4), you could try Valkyria Chronicles, if you haven't already. I can't recommend that game enough. I know some people are probably put off because it looks like anime, but it is such a beautiful, well-made game.

I wouldn't recommend This War of Mine, just because it's so depressing, and XCOM, Darkest Dungeon, and Invisible, Inc. are very long and difficult.

Mutant Year Zero is actually a shorter game than you'd think, but it's hard to recommend that over the ones I just mentioned.

120 arrows later... Old Hero is dead!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

That might be the best way for me to experience it. (Of course, I said the same thing about the Assassin's Creed series, and then I went out and bought like five AC games last week.)

Ah.

II and Brotherhood are my personal favorites, partly because of nostalgia. The running and jumping mechanics have aged poorly. The newer games from Origins forward have much more refined running controls.

Don't be surprised if Ezio jumped in a direction you didn't want him to jump.

I don't know what you have, but if you haven't revealed the games already, might want to not give away spoilers.

5 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Oh, you ruined the big surprise! Yeah, I debated for a long time (almost an entire shower) about whether or not I was going to use the duping glitch. I've platinumed the game several times before, so it's not like I feel I'd be cheating myself out of anything, but it's also one of my favorite games. I was thinking of actually trying to speed run the game and make it my new fastest platinum, but that would require finishing everything in around 22 hours. I know I could do it if I practiced a little and started around 6 AM (without the glitch), but I'd probably get unlucky with the PBS drop and fail in the eleventh hour. Plus, I don't want to rush the game.

I also don't want to overdo it, so I think I will use the glitch this time around. Once through each level and a final dance with each boss. I'm actually fighting the Old Hero right now, using my usual tactic of shooting him once with a bow, waiting for him to reset, and repeating. It's hilarious how you can cheese every boss in this game.

The thing is with Demon's Souls and Dark Souls people just handed those items to the speed runners, and did everything in under five hours. Still that is pretty damn impressive, considering the learning curve you have to overcome for the Souls games.

I didn't like the fact that one wrong move would send Stockpile Thomas or some other important NPC to be aggressive. FromSoftware fixed this problem in Dark Souls and later games, but as far as I'm aware, making them aggressive in Demon's Souls would require another playthrough.

There's no online for the game anymore right? It was already that way when I was finishing up the game. Best of luck with the Pure Bladestone.

9 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I was debating between Two Point Hospital and Surviving Mars as my next game. I tried them both out, but Surviving Mars looked a little too complicated for me right now. (It turns out I probably picked the longer/harder game.) That could be something worth looking at. It does have DLC, though.

Aven Colony is another I haven't played but have been meaning to get to. I think it's a sub-20 hour plat.

I'm on the fence about Frostpunk. Civ VI is probably good. I don't know anything about Age of Wonders: Planetfall, but it's on my list of things to check out.

I got the platinum in Prison Architect in under a week. It's...a lot less frustrating than Two Point Hospital.

Tropico 5 is decent, if you don't mind the DLC. The sequel is supposed to be good too, but I'm probably going to wait for a complete edition. If you're willing to venture outside of the city-building genre (which unfortunately is very lacking on the PS4), you could try Valkyria Chronicles, if you haven't already. I can't recommend that game enough. I know some people are probably put off because it looks like anime, but it is such a beautiful, well-made game.

I wouldn't recommend This War of Mine, just because it's so depressing, and XCOM, Darkest Dungeon, and Invisible, Inc. are very long and difficult.

Mutant Year Zero is actually a shorter game than you'd think, but it's hard to recommend that over the ones I just mentioned.

120 arrows later... Old Hero is dead!

Two Point Hospital and Surviving Mars is a possibility.

Probably won't bother with Civilization VI. Those games always fared better for me on a PC with mouse and keyboard. Civilization IV is probably one of my all time favorite strategy games, you can easily sink in 1000 - 2000+ hours and still be addicted to it. It offers that deep of gameplay.

The original Age of Wonders was awesome. Loved it to death back when I played it in the mid 2000s.

Tropico 5 has online trophies, which I'm trying to avoid because I just want a single player experience that isn't too much hassle. Valkyria Chronicles I will look into more.

This War of Mine is actually a game I have on my PS4, just haven't gotten round to playing it. X-COM games are generally good, but the time commitment is a bit too much for me. They look like fun, but my priority is to get a bunch of games crossed off my list.

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Sounds good! I love the visuals. I wanted to play Secret of Mana (never played the original), but the mediocre and negative reviews got to me. Whenever it comes to remakes, I always feel like if I didn't play the original, I probably won't appreciate the remake unless it's really good. FFVIIR seems to be like that...

FFVIIR looks very impressive but I'm a bit turned off by the whole situation with Jessie and Cloud, especially since bad things happen later on. I'm glad that Square-Enix decided to split this into chapters and give you a chapter select so you could go back and redo decisions you made, but hard mode scares me a bit, especially since you have to do a lot of tough challenges for trophies. I could get into the battle system. I dunno... that game doesn't have my best girl in it(Yuffie) so I'll see what happens when they release trailers for the next episode, probably next year. :S

Not to ruin this, but while going for Ashes to Ashes in Darkest Dungeon, I accidentally found out how to break the game... That allowed me to complete a Stygian playthrough with 0 deaths in around 40 weeks... ? It bumps the game down to a 4/10 or so, I'd say. I'm glad that I only found this out while doing the Endless Harvest and after 104 weeks, or otherwise it would have ruined the game for me for sure. 

It's still long though, mainly because you still need to play 150 or so weeks. 

(And no, I am not talking about cloud-save backups). 

Now, why the hell haven't they announced a Demon's Souls remaster / remake yet?? ?

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Now, why the hell haven't they announced a Demon's Souls remaster / remake yet?? 1f605.png

I don't even know how they will handle the duping glitch. You can cheese so many bosses in this game it's kind of comical.

Also if they are going with this, they should do something like offer a NPC for reversing a mistake you made on Stockpile Thomas. Attacking him could get him aggressive, and I don't think he reverts his state until you start a new playthrough.

7 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I don't even know how they will handle the duping glitch. You can cheese so many bosses in this game it's kind of comical.

Also if they are going with this, they should do something like offer a NPC for reversing a mistake you made on Stockpile Thomas. Attacking him could get him aggressive, and I don't think he reverts his state until you start a new playthrough.

If you ask me, they should remove the glitch from any potential remaster / remake. 

As for stockpile Thomas... well, NPCs stay aggressive / dead in the Dark Souls games, too, if you piss them off / tickle them with a Broadsword... your actions are irreversible, and it should stay that way, too ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

If you ask me, they should remove the glitch from any potential remaster / remake. 

As for stockpile Thomas... well, NPCs stay aggressive / dead in the Dark Souls games, too, if you piss them off / tickle them with a Broadsword... your actions are irreversible, and it should stay that way, too 1f642.png

(Dark souls topic? Butting in! ) Actually in Dark Souls you can turn off the hostility of NPCs if you absolve your sins at the "Come at me bro" NPC in the Gargoyle bell tower. Just don't kill them xD you can fix this in Demon's Souls too... With a new NG lol. 

Yeah demon souls remastered should fix the duping bug and keep the hostility on. That game needs to remain 100% medieval mode. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

(Dark souls topic? Butting in! ) Actually in Dark Souls you can turn off the hostility of NPCs if you absolve your sins at the "Come at me bro" NPC in the Gargoyle bell tower. Just don't kill them xD you can fix this in Demon's Souls too... With a new NG lol.

That's what I meant. ?

18 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Now, why the hell haven't they announced a Demon's Souls remaster / remake yet?? 1f605.png

You know, playing through it now, I think a remake is more likely than a remaster. The level design and combat aren't quite on par with even the original Dark Souls. They'd probably want to completely revamp some of the boss fights too. The Adjudicator is terrible. That room is way too small for his fat ass. ?

I killed six bosses last night. I think that's pretty good. I'm actually afraid to do 3-1. That level is creepier than anything I've seen in a Resident Evil game. So far, I've mostly been able to rely on muscle memory to get me through, but I fell for the trap in 4-2 (not Patches, but where those ghost bitches backstab you if you grab the shiny on the ground). I'm going for a Blueblood Sword build, since Luck maybe (?) increases the chance that I'll get the PBS to drop in a reasonable amount of time. Do I remember how to get the Blueblood Sword? Of course not.

I also never noticed your MP refills in Demon's Souls. I don't think I've ever used magic or miracles before.

I'm just about done with level 14 in Two Point Hospital. I think level 15 is the last one, and then there are a few DLC levels (that are required for the platinum). I'm actually excited for those because half of them look like they're on a tropical island and the other half are in a winter wonderland, which are my two favorite video game environments. Anything but this disgusting urban area.

Edited by Cassylvania