Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I have so many games that just sit in my backlog, unplayed, while I impulsively buy some random game I've never heard of that just so happened to go on sale and then wonder why I'm not having fun.

Do you play them because those games are relatively short and quicker to cross off the list? Three 40ish-hour games instead of a 110 hour one? Or is it if you finish the games you know will be fun, after that you are left with "I wonder how those games will be?" Saving safe bets so you always will have fun games to resort to?

Edited by Rally-Vincent---
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Not only is it a short game, but it feels like it was made by one person (I don't know if that's true)

I got curious, so I took it upon me to find out, and...: It is. Developer DarkDes Labs is a Russian one-person company owned by a certain Stanislav Filippov, whose Twitter/X account is listed as that of the company and who in turn also claims to be the same in his bio there.

https://twitter.com/Stan_Fill

BTW, I pity any game that manages to rank behind a (modern) Leisure Suit Larry game in any list.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I also just searched this topic for my review of this game to see if I already made that joke and I came across this gem from an old friend of ours. I'll let Rocky say it better than I ever could.

On 6/16/2018 at 12:53 PM, RockyJokerPL said:

I have also played Forma.8 and.... fu** this game. It's fu***** sh**. It was made by a fu***** monkey with a hairy fu***** di** for fu***** brains. It's so fu***** sh**** that if dog's sh** was a game it would be way better. Ugh...

Brings a tear to my eye.

Oh God... The Internet never forgets, that's a lesson to teach one's kids. I did not realize back then how angry I used to get with games. Also, I never finished Forma.8 😂

And you can't imagine how confused I was to see a notification of you quoting me. So many years later... I hope you are doing well. I visit your profile on PSN from time to time to see what you are playing at the time. If I remember correctly when you started this thread I had more platinums than you - and now you surpassed me. And while also playing so many great games. All the best Cassy! Keep up the good work 😃

• Like 3

@Cassylvania

Dude I had to play Lost in Random not twice but THREE times because of a missable trophy at the end. First time was because I was playing blindly. Fine. Second time I was following a guide and I took a wrong turn and BAM I was locked in a cut scene. I frantically closed the game and tried to load my cloud save but it was from my original play through. 😭 But on my third playthrough I bum rushed the game and got to that point and step by step finally talked to the right NPC to get that trophy. Otherwise I really enjoyed it. But definitely not enough to play it three times hahaha 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 7:19 PM, Cassylvania said:

I was level 27 and she absolutely wiped the floor with me. Instead of trying to fight her again, I walked down the opposite corridor and ran into a hallway full of enemies. I have no idea what this hallway is for. It's literally a dead end with no collectibles or unlockable paths that I could see. But it was right before a checkpoint, so I started killing all the enemies, walked back to the checkpoint, and repeated. I found I could use two incenses in rapid succession and basically wipe every enemy on the screen in a matter of seconds. Within...oh, I dunno, twenty minutes, I was level 60. I steamrolled every enemy and boss in the game after that.

Hmmm... I might put Minoria on my bucket list. Any game I can f**king exploit to become overpowered is a bonus to me. (I'm going to platinum Persona 5 Royal again and use the same strat -basically purchase the Uber God and spam Myriad Truths on every enemy in the game until I get Insta-Kill to get free EXP. :lol:)

Also hoping that my recommendation doesn't end up in B+ tier. FFXIV got nominated for two awards and lost them to Baldur's f**king Gate 3. I'll have a meltdown if a game I like doesn't win an award. :(

Just kidding, Cass. Your reviews are pretty decent.

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

A while ago, I believe it was @DrBloodmoney (forgive me if I'm wrong), said that the first game in this series was "soooo laaaaaaame" (I'm paraphrasing).

I wouldn't have used the word lame...

...but yeah, probably me!

What a fart-in-the-bathtub that game was 😂

I stand by it!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Cassylvania

Fun fact my wife and I purchased our first house and renovated it and did a huge purge and big move this past summer then about 2 months later we played and absolutely adored Unpacking. It's just so chill. I really can't explain why we enjoyed it so much. We just did. Hell we even went for the alternative playthrough where you put everything in the wrong spot even though there was no trophy for it. Highly recommend going for that when you're in a better mood though haha.

• Like 1