Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

22 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Oh, and I forgot to mention this, but I've joined YET ANOTHER community event. This one is Gaming By Numbers. I haven't really read the rules, but I think the idea is I play whatever games I feel like, and then there is some number in that game's URL that decide what "category" it fits under. It runs from today until the end of the year, so I figure I'll have time to complete at least 10 games between now and then. In fact, Teddy counts as 7 and VC4 as 9, so I'm well on my way to being a counting machine!

You have four numbers? I've already put a full list of ten and completed one of the games, Candleman. The title sounds like something from a Mega Man game xD and it's just as frustrating, but very beautiful. I won't abandon a game unless it really pisses me off, and so far I am giving some of those games an extra look.

Threw in a couple of games from other events just so I can get them done.

22 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

If that's the way you wanna play, then do it. The game is worth playing just for the soundtrack anyway.

I know you said that you prefer no Assist Mode. So I will give you a head's up. When I buy this, I will TRY to do the first chapter without Assist Mode. If it frustrates me more than Candleman did, then Assist is turning on, no exceptions. (And trust me, Candleman really frustrated me, I did my anger bite, which I swore never to do again after then umpteenth time.)

Spoiler

I'm giving Pirate's Curse one more chance. I will earn the rest of the trophies (started the Pirate Mode speedrun after I beat the game) and then try to no-damage the damn Pirate Master's true form. Those cannonballs he shoots at you are worse than the bouncing balls in Super Mario World in the final boss. I don't have the twitch skills to avoid getting hit by them. ?

Edited by DragonQuest238

59 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I know you said that you prefer no Assist Mode. So I will give you a head's up. When I buy this, I will TRY to do the first chapter without Assist Mode. If it frustrates me more than Candleman did, then Assist is turning on, no exceptions. (And trust me, Candleman really frustrated me, I did my anger bite, which I swore never to do again after then umpteenth time.)

Sounds good. I don't think the game starts getting difficult until Chapter 3 or 4, but the screens are so short that it never really gets frustrating.

As for me, I just kicked the shit out of DLCcraft and every Teddy boss that dared to get in my way. Stayed up a little later than I wanted to, but that fourth boss was giving me fits. Wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of waiting another night. And now, to sleep, and then to watch my Vikes clip the wings of another bird! This time, the Cardinal variety.

• Like 3

Glad to see you're enjoying your football watching. I need to find a way to get hulu on my TV (I do not have cable, I have a TV that has streaming options) so I can watch Food Network's Thanksgiving specials next month(I missed the boat on Halloween).

Also, rejoice! I finally completed the France page on Fill-a-Pix after burning the midnight oil. I just have 13 puzzles to go - three in Italy, England, and MeHIco and four in the Safari. I will try to solve a couple of puzzles in Africa to get THAT down. The platinum is in sight. :)

Then my Vita will be free so I'll celebrate by trying out those glitches to skip getting the treasure keys for Raleigh and Mugshot in Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus. Any way I can avoid those three levels which don't give treasure vaults is a big bonus. ^_^

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 3:52 PM, Cassylvania said:

Yeah, that sounds kinda dumb. I remember seeing a review of it once and categorizing it in the watch-a-Let's-Play-but-don't-actually-play-it category. I thought it was because the difficulty, but I don't remember being enamored with the characters or storyline either. I would definitely play Persona 5 before I even considered Catherine.

I will say that if you aren't a trophy hunter, and don't care about the Gold Trophy ratings...then it is much more enjoyable. I'm currently getting each of the endings and I've had more fun knowing I could skip some coins to get to the top. It's much less stressful...the really funny thing that I just learned yesterday is that since I got a Gold Trophy on every level but one...I can actually skip the puzzles and just answer the questions differently to see the different endings. I already played through the "Law" endings by replaying everything...I'll take advantage of the level skip for the "Chaos" endings. I'm going to aim for all the Gold Trophies on hard before getting that last ending. If everything goes well...I can maybe get this game done by the beginning of next week. I still thing the story is pretty stupid though and I kind of wish I chose Persona 5 instead....

Second of all, Sony actually seriously finally announced that PSN name changes are a thing that's happening. I think I told you before that I want through this phase where I was making a new account every couple of months because I couldn't find a name I liked, and I hated the fact that I'd be stuck with whatever I took forever. Now, when will it be implemented, how will it work, are older/unused names going to be purged, and are there any risks involved? Those are questions I need answered before I even considering changing my name to something else.

I'm surprised you would change this PSN name...I think it's pretty clever and I'd be surprised if you had something better in mind. It would be cool if you could merge PSN ID's if they can see that one person had multiple accounts. Then you could add all the hard work you did previous...if you wanted to that is. I'm happy with mine...the only thing I would change if I could would be the 1 to an i. Right now there is someone from France with like three games to their profile with that username :( This is the only profile I've ever had and probably will be the only one I ever have.

Fourth, where's that damn Halloween sale!?

Hopefully this week!...although, unless there is something insane calling my name...I have enough on my plate to last me until next years sale :)

On 10/11/2018 at 7:05 PM, Mesopithecus said:

I'm probably going to be playing Horizon Zero Dawn now for the rest of the month, I'm currently around 6 hours in but enjoying it a lot so far.  The game has just really opened up so I guess I'm going to be exploring a lot ^_^  Trying not to use a guide and just see what I can discover on my own.  Hollow Knight is still work in progress but as my weekend game, something I play in smaller bursts.

I hope you are enjoying this so far! I really, really enjoyed this game. One of my favorite things about it was you really do not need a guide at all. Everything you need for the trophies and the game in general is provided right in the story line. I know some people thought it was over-hyped, but for me it was one of the Top 5 games I've played on the Playstation.

On 10/11/2018 at 7:34 PM, Jens said:

And I'll shoot you a question if you wouldn't mind, technically @Briste as well :P On a scale from 1-10, how much of a time - and difficulty commitment is VC1? I see it so often on sales and keep thinking about it when it shows up... but my constant gaming juggle mode always made me shy away from it. But after Hollow Knight and / or DQ11... there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

It's a pretty decent time investment...it's hard to quantify since your first trophy doesn't even pop until you reach chapter 9 or something. I'd say 40 hours is a decent guess. It also depends on how much you abuse Alicia. If you abuse her during your trophy cleanup...it cuts down on the time significantly. Based on your rating scale..maybe a 4? However, even though it's not a 'quick' platinum necessarily...it definitely didn't feel like a grid to me. (After writing this and going back through the thread...I see that Cassy already answered this in basically the exact way I would. Since I spent the time to write the above though I'm not erasing it :P)

On 10/12/2018 at 11:09 PM, Cassylvania said:

Side note: Wow, the Giants are terrible.

Considering how many touchdowns are being scored this year...and the level of talent the Giants have at the skill positions...it is really an indictment into how bad either Eli or the O-Line or both is...I'm leaning toward Eli. Cousins doesn't have much for an O-Line and he's still putting points on the board at least. The Eagles absolutely pasted the Giants and it doesn't look good for Eli in NY.

It was another good day of football, capped by a pretty exciting Pats/Chiefs game. There were a ton of surprises again...I was shocked that the Browns got blown out considering how competitive they'd been all year...I was shocked that the Cowboys made the Jags look like kittens...I was shocked the Brock Osweiler led Dolphins came back to beat the Bears...I was surprised that the Bills almost pulled that one out against the Texans (Kelvin Benjamin is a bum fyi)...I was surprised that the Ravens shut out the Titans and I was pretty surprised that the Pats didn't blow that one at the end there. The Chiefs screwed themselves with that 75 yard TD...that gave the Pats way too much time at the end to set the game up for that game winning FG. Overall, it was a very entertaining Sunday. Tonight's game would have been more interesting if Jimmy G wasn't hurt...but GB lost to the Lions last week so who knows? I need 12 points from Mason Crosby tonight to win in my Fantasy match up...hopefully he doesn't put up another 1/5 showing.

Edited by Briste
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Briste said:

I'm surprised you would change this PSN name...I think it's pretty clever and I'd be surprised if you had something better in mind. It would be cool if you could merge PSN ID's if they can see that one person had multiple accounts. Then you could add all the hard work you did previous...if you wanted to that is. I'm happy with mine...the only thing I would change if I could would be the 1 to an i. Right now there is someone from France with like three games to their profile with that username :( This is the only profile I've ever had and probably will be the only one I ever have.

I would love a feature where you could merge PSN IDs and it would add all the trophies you did previously.  My old account had nearly 100 plats, but I moved over to this one due to the inability to change account names and inability to change regions.  I didn't want to be stuck with my old account as it had part of my exes surname in the PSN ID, so when I got remarried and moved to the US I just took the plunge to start over on this account.  Would be nice to get some of the 100%'s back, as I would never do them again otherwise - I had nearly all the Assassin's Creed games and all the PS3 Uncharted games to 100% -_-   I am happy with this account though, I feel like I've gone back to the root of what made me love gaming and I've enjoyed nearly every game on this account.

14 minutes ago, Briste said:

I hope you are enjoying this so far! I really, really enjoyed this game. One of my favorite things about it was you really do not need a guide at all. Everything you need for the trophies and the game in general is provided right in the story line. I know some people thought it was over-hyped, but for me it was one of the Top 5 games I've played on the Playstation.

As a general rule, I don't tend to play all too many big AAA titles as I do find most to be over-hyped, however I am thoroughly enjoying Horizon Zero Dawn.  I definitely love the fact that I can just sit back and enjoy it without having to double check a guide.  I find myself getting really distracted in big open world games like this;  I've hardly touched the main story - been busy doing side quests and errands, but I keep encountering new things that adds to my growing list.  I'd agree with you that it ranks very highly for me as one of the top games I've played.  My husband has been enjoying watching me play it too - he loves huge open world games so he'll probably play it himself at some point although he still needs to finish Witcher 3, plus he has Red Dead Redemption 2 and Fallout 76 pre-ordered.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Briste said:

Oh, I probably won't. It's just funny to me because the inability to change our PSN names is the reason I've burned through so many accounts over the years. It would be pretty fitting for us to finally have that option, only for me to turn it down because I've actually grown quite fond of this name.

I wouldn't merge accounts either. All my old accounts had PS3 games only, and I eventually plan to replay the ones I really care about (maybe when the PS5 comes out). Plus, I don't even remember the names...

4 hours ago, Briste said:

Considering how many touchdowns are being scored this year...and the level of talent the Giants have at the skill positions...it is really an indictment into how bad either Eli or the O-Line or both is...I'm leaning toward Eli. Cousins doesn't have much for an O-Line and he's still putting points on the board at least. The Eagles absolutely pasted the Giants and it doesn't look good for Eli in NY.

It was another good day of football, capped by a pretty exciting Pats/Chiefs game. There were a ton of surprises again...I was shocked that the Browns got blown out considering how competitive they'd been all year...I was shocked that the Cowboys made the Jags look like kittens...I was shocked the Brock Osweiler led Dolphins came back to beat the Bears...I was surprised that the Bills almost pulled that one out against the Texans (Kelvin Benjamin is a bum fyi)...I was surprised that the Ravens shut out the Titans and I was pretty surprised that the Pats didn't blow that one at the end there. The Chiefs screwed themselves with that 75 yard TD...that gave the Pats way too much time at the end to set the game up for that game winning FG. Overall, it was a very entertaining Sunday. Tonight's game would have been more interesting if Jimmy G wasn't hurt...but GB lost to the Lions last week so who knows? I need 12 points from Mason Crosby tonight to win in my Fantasy match up...hopefully he doesn't put up another 1/5 showing.

The only thing I hate more than the "prevent" defense is when a team shoots itself in the foot the way the Chiefs did. I know it's tempting to score a TD at that point in the game, but it was pretty clear that Brady was going to march right down the field to set them up for the game-winning field goal (evidenced by the fact that they didn't punt a single time last night). Honestly, I'd rather see the player drop at the 1 yard line. That gives you four chances to run it in for a TD. If you can't do that, you probably don't deserve to win the game. But don't put the ball in Brady's hands with two minutes left to go...especially not when you have the worst defense in football.

The Vikings gave me a bit of a scare with the box score, but it sounds like they were manhandling the Cardinals all afternoon. Cousins had another solid day, Thielen is ridiculous (besides having six games of 100+ yards in a row, did you see that sideline catch?), and we FINALLY got a ground game going. The NFL tortured me by keeping the Browns on all day...and then proceeded to flip over to the end of Colts/Jets, rather than the OT game in Miami. So, unfortunately, I didn't get to watch the Fins tail slap the Bears, but I imagine it was glorious.

Let's hope GB ONLY kicks field goals tonight. If the 49ers pull off this upset, I'll be absolutely giddy going into next week.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Oh, I probably won't. It's just funny to me because the inability to change our PSN names is the reason I've burned through so many accounts over the years. It would be pretty fitting for us to finally have that option, only for me to turn it down because I've actually grown quite fond of this name.

I concur. I probably won't change this handle much because it expresses my love for the Dragon Quest series and my lucky number. I'd probably change the number or use my real name in a creative way but that's it. I think the option was meant for those who regret having a stupid handle and want to remove it, like someone who started trophy hunting in their teens and used a real X-rated name for their handle and when they grew up and got engaged realized that their handle of "(bleep)(bleep)69lol" was probably not going to impress their future wife. xD

(On a podcast I usually listen to, someone wrote it saying "I had based my handle on the first thing I could think of, which was a 4-digit number on my dad's computer. Turns out that was the password to our bank account." Shows that you should never put post-it-notes with your secret information on a computer everyone is using. xD)

Been working on Into the Nexus, got down to three trophies for the platinum and I know I am going to have to do a second challenge mode because I missed a missable target. After I scare Mr. I, I'll see if I have to start over. :( Other than that is the long boring grind for 1.48 million bolts to get the last Omega upgrades. I missed the RYN0 the first time because you can't win Gold Cup on Legendary. Or I couldn't. *sigh* Gonna turn in with a Philuzzle or two. I'm down to 3 puzzles in Italy, Mexico, England and that African Safari page. The end's in sight. :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I concur. I probably won't change this handle much because it expresses my love for the Dragon Quest series and my lucky number.

I'd just be impressed if you keep this account.

Anyway, I finished Teddy. It's actually a pretty fun platformer. It's not in the same realm as Celeste or A Hat in Time, but it might be a decent pickup on an under $5 sale. You'll want a guide for the fireflies (and maybe to figure out what the heck you're doing), but there are no missables. Bosses aren't too hard. The game doesn't get the usual big announcement with the size 26 font and platinum image, because there is no platinum. Boo.

That puts me just one game away from 100%. And holy shit, did I actually say I liked Scott before? I know I said Connor was the most annoying character in VC4, but someone who ONLY says "Yes, sir!" and "No, sir!" takes the cake. Don't think that's annoying? Yeah, wait until you get to his Squad Story, where he literally tries to hold entire conversations with just those lines. Thanks, no thanks. You're next on the chopping block. As is the soldier whose "backstory" is that she's an enemy spy and just stole classified documents from me. Oh, and the soldier who is totally okay with that. Yeah, those three are getting run over by my tank.

Still no Halloween sale. Think I'll be saving all my money for Christmas. Sorry, Sony, but you done fucked up again.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I'd just be impressed if you keep this account.

I'll try my best to make you proud of me. Already hit my 75th platinum and aiming for 100. Gotten farther than ever. ;)

The only games I have issues with are forma.8, ICEY, and Birthdays the Beginning, but luckily it looks like the last one is on sale for digital download from PSN Store due to a pub party sale so it's only $11.99 w/o tax. I am going to just go to hell with it and grab it before the sale ends in a week and I regret having to re-rent it. I'll also probably pick up Celeste because you recommend it.

Sorry you have to kill almost every one of your teammates in Valkyrie Chronicles 4. I feel the same way towards POWGI, who just revealed his new game... WORD SUDOKU! ? On the plus side, Phil is going to jail soon, I have only 11 puzzles left.

I got a connect error on my PS3 so I almost didn't platinum Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus. But someone told me that my modem wasn't banned because my PS4 network was fine. So I disabled the Media Player and it corrected itself. I was really scared that I had lost my PS3 connection for good.

23 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Still no Halloween sale. Think I'll be saving all my money for Christmas. Sorry, Sony, but you done fucked up again.

Well, they have so many recent small sales to sell their crap titles that they probably abandoned having seasonal sales. :( Too bad we're not Europeans, Europe PSN is having a PS4 Halloween sale. :|

If it makes you feel any better, Cassy, I just bought, played and platinumed Celeste so we share a platinum! I did play the game on another account and managed to reach Chapter 3 without Assist Mode but my OCD kicked it after finding that I had missed a lot of strawberries and found Chapter 3 to be a maze of helldust. *sigh* I did have one rage moment, clearing the PICO-8 8-bit Celeste mode. I kept dying on those spikes because 8-bit Madeline sucks in jumping and dashing and slides down walls. No Assists for 8-bit Madeline! But all in all the game was refreshing. :D

EDIT: Might as well add this since you escaped Phil's Torture Chamber: I'm almost free myself, down to 10 puzzles now. Working on a Mexico one to drop the number of that page to 2. I only have two puzzles in England and Italy, and three in Africa and Mexico. I probably won't be giggling like a madman when I plat Fill-A-Pix because I really like the pictures they make but I will definitely delete the game when I finish. Also, be grateful you didn't try POWGI, he's going into Sudoku now. :(

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2018 at 0:56 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

If it makes you feel any better, Cassy, I just bought, played and platinumed Celeste so we share a platinum! I did play the game on another account and managed to reach Chapter 3 without Assist Mode but my OCD kicked it after finding that I had missed a lot of strawberries and found Chapter 3 to be a maze of helldust. *sigh* I did have one rage moment, clearing the PICO-8 8-bit Celeste mode. I kept dying on those spikes because 8-bit Madeline sucks in jumping and dashing and slides down walls. No Assists for 8-bit Madeline! But all in all the game was refreshing. :D

Nice job. I see you even made the top 15 for fastest platinum! That's actually really impressive, since PICO-8 took me like two hours.

39 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

@Cassylvania It's the moment you've been waiting for, Halloween sale goes live tomorrow.

Oh, wow. A whole 12 days to play spooky games before Halloween is over. Good thing Christmas will make up for it by being THREE MONTHS LONG.

I only looked through the list quickly, but I'm not seeing a lot that I'm in love with. I was hoping Bloodstained would make the cut. I'll have to look deeper into some of the games I've never heard of, but the only ones that catch my eye right now are Guacamelee, Forgotten Anne (I'd like to see a bigger sale than that, though), and RE4. But hey, at least Crypt of the Necrodancer is on sale for $2.99. That never happens. </sarcasm>

Despite what it looks like, I HAVE been playing VC4. I just haven't made much progress this week. Chapter 15 is actually really tough. I'm not sure how to kill the boss in six turns. The thing just soaks up so much damage. I know there are some tricks you can do with orders (similar to Alicia in VC1), but setting it up won't be easy. I'm probably just going to level up a bit in skirmishes and other missions that I haven't S ranked yet.

Anyway... Watching the Broncos/Cardinals. I've seen a lot of bad games in my life, but I don't think I've ever seen so much incompetence from a single team as what I'm witnessing from Arizona tonight. The score should be even more lopsided than it is right now (and it's 45-10).

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Nice job. I see you even made the top 15 for fastest platinum! That's actually really impressive, since PICO-8 took me like two hours.

Well, I was cussing out a bit at the last three levels of PICO-8 because 8-bit Maddy jumps like a drunk Mario and slides down walls so I kept hitting spikes, but I glared at the game and broadcast my frustration and somehow I beat it. For those saying that Assist Mode makes the platinum too easy, they need to get the trophy for completing PICO-8, which has no assists so you have to pray that you can jump and dash precisely. I like Assist Mode because after dying so many times on Chapter 3, I said eff this and just put the cheats on. It was good that I did as I would have just left the game to Limbo and called it stupid if I had somehow managed to survive the boss fight in Chapter 3 without Assist because OH BOY Chapter 4 and beyond were HELLISH.

I guess I should be amazed that I got in top 15 for fastest time to plat but I think all the people above me using Assist Mode too and got a bit luckier in that 8-bit minigame. :P

4 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

It's the moment you've been waiting for, Halloween sale goes live tomorrow.

I didn't see the sale, though I may pre-order the Castlevania Requiem. I beat Symphony of the Night when it first came out and had a lot of fun with Alucard. :)

I just hope they have seperate platinums because I don't want to platinum Rondo of Blood as it's a usual Castlevania game and I have trouble with those.

They have a lot of the usual EZPZ games on sale, like Wheels of Aurelia. Is Waking Violet any good? Might make that my W game.

• Like 1

Looked over the list of stuff and shook my head. There is really nothing new under the sun, as the narrator of Ecclesiastes would say. If Day of the Tentacle Remastered stacks for Vita, might get that for a EZPZ but nothing really worth anything. I was hoping Undertale would get half off as an excuse to platinum it since I have a video guide of the platinum but nope. I know it's cheap but I was hoping to save some money. :(

In better news, I have spent my life in slave labor under Phil, but it's almost over. I just have four more puzzles to go before I get the platinum, the last two of England and the last two of Me'h'ico. (I keep thinking about that Dangermouse episode where Dangermouse and Penfold fly to Mexico and Penfold starts hiccuping, ah, Nickelodeon cartoons have lost their charm over the years. :P) I am going to try to tackle the Mexico page because one of the last puzzles there is going to take over four hours due to its size. The others are smaller and will take less than two hours if I do nothing else.

18 hours ago, Jens said:

I watched Crypt of the Necrodancer sometimes and I still don't get how it works.

I think it's a rhythm game. You're supposed to match your moves/attacks to the beat.

In other words, I wouldn't get past the first level.

9 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Looked over the list of stuff and shook my head. There is really nothing new under the sun, as the narrator of Ecclesiastes would say. If Day of the Tentacle Remastered stacks for Vita, might get that for a EZPZ but nothing really worth anything. I was hoping Undertale would get half off as an excuse to platinum it since I have a video guide of the platinum but nope. I know it's cheap but I was hoping to save some money. :(

I'm even less impressed with it after looking up some reviews. There are a few games I'd recommend, such as A Hat in Time, Alien: Isolation, Until Dawn, and all the Shantaes, but none of those should come as a surprise. Maybe check out Iron Crypticle or Heroes of the Monkey Tavern, if you like old school stuff? Forgotten Anne is just...come on, that game can't be worth $15, even if the animation looks great. Not touching any of those games with "Dead" in the title. Deep Ones sounded cool until I looked at the graphics. I know CJ is all over those Artifex Mundi games, but I dunno about Abyss or Grim Legends. Coffin Dodgers could be good for a laugh... Not sure what RE game I would go with, if I decide to go with any. I might just jump to RE7. Haven't heard good things about RE5 or RE6. I already got The Witcher 3. The rest of the games are pretty obscure. I like the look of The Park and The Coma, but I know nothing about them.

Any suggestions, from those of you who have tackled some of those more bizarre titles? And don't suggest the stupid fish head game. I hate the cover of DYING: Reborn more than Phil's Pain-in-the-Ass Adventure.

I think I'm just going to buy the Guac for now.

In VC4 news... I'm probably the first person in the world to encounter this, but I have found out that if enough of your teammates die in battle, the game feels sorry for you and rewards you with some generic soldiers to replace them. Thus, it doesn't seem possible to have less than 24 soldiers on your squad. Kinda annoying, but at least you don't have to have everybody on your active roster.

• Like 3

@Cassylvania Resident Evil 7 was one of the best games I’ve played this year. Great story and atmosphere, actually terrifying but never to the point where I needed to shut the game off. The puzzles and gameplay are a bit simplistic but I didn’t feel that took anything away from the game as a whole. Highly recommend it! 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I'm even less impressed with it after looking up some reviews. There are a few games I'd recommend, such as A Hat in Time, Alien: Isolation, Until Dawn, and all the Shantaes, but none of those should come as a surprise. Maybe check out Iron Crypticle or Heroes of the Monkey Tavern, if you like old school stuff? Forgotten Anne is just...come on, that game can't be worth $15, even if the animation looks great. Not touching any of those games with "Dead" in the title. Deep Ones sounded cool until I looked at the graphics. I know CJ is all over those Artifex Mundi games, but I dunno about Abyss or Grim Legends. Coffin Dodgers could be good for a laugh... Not sure what RE game I would go with, if I decide to go with any. I might just jump to RE7. Haven't heard good things about RE5 or RE6. I already got The Witcher 3. The rest of the games are pretty obscure. I like the look of The Park and The Coma, but I know nothing about them.

Any suggestions, from those of you who have tackled some of those more bizarre titles? And don't suggest the stupid fish head game. I hate the cover of DYING: Reborn more than Phil's Pain-in-the-Ass Adventure.

I ended up buying Grim Legends 3, I quite like the Artifex Mundi games and that was the last one I needed to complete the trilogy.  I remember @DragonQuest238 saying it was kind of a pain though compared to some of the other games.  I'll probably regret buying it in a weeks time when something else appears in a sale that I want -_-

I'm terrible with game recommendations but I remember someone in the Halloween Event speaking positively about The Mummy Demastered;  I believe it's a metroidvania.  Other than that, I think Guac is probably the best choice.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I know CJ is all over those Artifex Mundi games, but I dunno about Abyss or Grim Legends.

I really wouldn't recommend the Mundi games unless you love hidden-objects puzzles as(I don't know about My Brother Rabbit as I haven't tried it yet but it looks a lot different than the usual fare) you usually have trophies requiring you to solve these puzzles in certain ways. Don't get me started on Abyss because you have to play dominoes too, but you can use an exploit to make these trophies a little more tolerable. You also have to play on Expert Mode which stuns you if you make too many mistakes on the hidden objects puzzles. I can't tell you how many times that stupid raven's face popped in to taunt me every time I overshot my mistake limit in Enigmatis 2. :(

I already have all the Shantae games and A Hat In Time(which I still need to finish - I only have a few more time pieces to get and some stupid miscellaneous trophies in Battle of the f'king Birds), not touching anything in the Alien franchise(the Xenomorphs freak me out) and I don't like any game involving sawing into people's guts, so Until Dawn is not my dawn. :|

Is Forgotten Anne really so bad that it needs to be less than $5? I saw the animated movies in the trailer but never thought about playing it. At this rate I may be putting Phil into my alphabet soup. I only have two puzzles left, one in Mexico and one in England. (Just platinumed Devious Dungeon, a really great game if you like Rogue Legacy. :))

3 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I ended up buying Grim Legends 3, I quite like the Artifex Mundi games and that was the last one I needed to complete the trilogy.  I remember @DragonQuest238 saying it was kind of a pain though compared to some of the other games.  I'll probably regret buying it in a weeks time when something else appears in a sale that I want -_-

It isn't that bad, but you have to remember that five puzzles in the game involving certain characters need to be speed through to get under a certain time. The last one is the most atrocious - it's a series of three sliding tile puzzles and all three have to be completed in under three minutes. But it's still a great game.

• Like 2

(Not actual game footage)

drwily2.png

Dr. Wily: "Mwa ha ha! Once my annoying loser nephew of mine drives everyone to boredom with his stupid vacation photos, I'll sweep in with my NEW army of Robot Masters and take over the world because everyone will be too bored to resist!"

drwily.png

Mega Man: "You forget, Dr. Wily, I'm a robot. I don't get bored. I can do puzzles for years and never tire."

Dr. Wily: "Curses! That stupid nephew of mine is gonna get it!" ?

Mega Man: "His name wouldn't be happen to be Phil, would it?"

Dr. Wily: "Curses again! You are too smart for me!" :(

2018-10-20-181008.jpg

As the Jak 2 Platinum says: Done, Done, Done.

I finished on England because Mexico isn't my cup of tea. I don't know how fast I deleted this boring game that took me over two months to complete off of my Vita, but it wasn't fast enough. I've had my Fill of Phil. (rimshot)

Bad news: I don't have anything to waste my time with so I have to start playing DECENT games now. xD

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 11:55 PM, Kent10201 said:

@Cassylvania Resident Evil 7 was one of the best games I’ve played this year. Great story and atmosphere, actually terrifying but never to the point where I needed to shut the game off. The puzzles and gameplay are a bit simplistic but I didn’t feel that took anything away from the game as a whole. Highly recommend it! 

Good to know! I think I've just been waiting for an all-inclusive DLC version to come out. Is that what the "Gold" edition is? Might be worth investing my next paycheck in...

On 10/20/2018 at 0:29 AM, Mesopithecus said:

I'm terrible with game recommendations but I remember someone in the Halloween Event speaking positively about The Mummy Demastered;  I believe it's a metroidvania.  Other than that, I think Guac is probably the best choice.

Actually, yeah. Mummy looks pretty good. 3/10 difficulty and 5 hours to platinum is kinda weak for a $12 game, but I'll consider it.

On 10/20/2018 at 8:23 AM, Jens said:

RE5 was absolutely annoying when I tried to play it alone, but a year later with a buddy it was pretty ok. So if you have a consistent coop partner it's an alright idea, alone.... better not. And RE6 was one of the biggest piles of crap I've played. Rented it with my cousin for a PS3 evening and we just couldn't continue after the first section, it was absolutely stupid.

And my girlfriend watched The Park quite some time ago and doesn't remember a thing, a bad sign already if you ask me. But I think she said it was dumb whenever we scrolled past it in the store at that time. So probably a forgetful No from her side, I don't have a clue myself :P 

Hey, that's more money in my pocket and less games in my backlog. I'm not going to complain.

@DragonQuest238 Nice job on Phil's Lame Biscuit Breakfast. We're now all in an elite group of people who have suffered through the worst game on PSN. Mayo got nothin' on Philly.

Well, back to football! Right now, @Briste's team is trying to help my team out with a win, and my boys are trying to do the same. :highfive:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jens said:

Did you play it with any VR attachments? I don't know to this day if the VR stuff is just a little gimmick in this or almost essential.

Nope, the VR is way too expensive for my tastes. Playing it on a regular screen was just as entertaining in my opinion. 

@Cassylvania Yeah the gold edition has everything included, that’s the version I have. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jens said:

Will Geralt be your first game choice once you reach your event-free time? :P 

Tempting. It'll be between that and KH:CoM. But I'll probably try to get through both this winter.

For Geralt, I'll probably need to hit up the library and print out dozens of pages of notes and maps, since I'm assuming there will be collectibles and missables everywhere. I should probably check out the trophy guide at some point, just to be sure...

Interesting day of football yesterday. I'm fine with most of the results (would've liked the Ravens to beat the Saints, but that Justin Tucker meme was worth it). The Vikings won by 20 points, and yet I STILL wasn't comfortable the entire game. Really dreading the match-up next Sunday night against Brees. I've already chalked that one up as a loss, as I don't think any team this year wants revenge more than the victims of the Minnesota Miracle. And...I'm not sure what Gruden is doing to the Raiders. Man, I've stuck up for the guy a lot over the years, but those first-round picks better work out. Still, what were the Cowboys thinking? ?

The only thing stupider than the Cowboys is Vrabel going for two with no time left in a 20-19 game. I'm sorry -- win or lose, that was a stupid call. (So was the Vikings' decision to throw a pass on a 4th and 8, but at least they succeeded.) The only reason to ever go for the win in that case is: (a) your kicker is Mason-Crosby-that-one-Sunday bad, (b) you have absolutely zero faith in your team winning in OT, or (c) it's preseason. Seeing as how none of those were the case, it was a dumb call and they deserved to lose.

And speaking of losing, I don't wanna hear Doug Pederson blab on about how "the pressure is off." What a weak statement for blowing a 17-point lead at home. You're the defending Super Bowl champions -- act like it. Just utterly disgusting all around.

And the Browns... seriously, the Browns...

ANYWAY, enough football. I finally beat VC4. What an amazing game. The final few missions were tough (especially the last one, which forced me to save scum after almost every move), but I made it through. I should just have 12 skirmishes and a few Squad Stories to go. And maybe a true ending...? We'll see.

Rebecca for MVP.

• Like 1