Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

On 10/21/2018 at 3:24 PM, Cassylvania said:

Well, back to football! Right now, @Briste's team is trying to help my team out with a win, and my boys are trying to do the same. :highfive:

My boys tried really hard to disappoint both of us yesterday. I couldn't believe that Trubisky was able to complete that Hail Mary...thankfully his arm was 1 yard short. Pats D really scares me...they cannot get off the field. If not for two special teams TD's...that game is very different. But a W is a W!

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Interesting day of football yesterday. I'm fine with most of the results (would've liked the Ravens to beat the Saints, but that Justin Tucker meme was worth it). The Vikings won by 20 points, and yet I STILL wasn't comfortable the entire game. Really dreading the match-up next Sunday night against Brees. I've already chalked that one up as a loss, as I don't think any team this year wants revenge more than the victims of the Minnesota Miracle. And...I'm not sure what Gruden is doing to the Raiders. Man, I've stuck up for the guy a lot over the years, but those first-round picks better work out. Still, what were the Cowboys thinking? 1f602.png

It's been a very entertaining year so far with a lot of close games and upsets. I get what you mean with the Vikings...that game seemed pretty close until he end but the Jets Jets'd it up enough for you to walk away with a comfortable win. What is up with Cook? He was healthy enough to almost start last week and was a late scratch only to have no chance to play this week. That hamstring must be in bad shape. Fortunately, Murray has been serviceable. I was really surprised that the Saints won that game...they did something they never do...win an outdoor road game in bad weather. If they can win those games...they have a legit chance to challenge the Rams this year in the NFC. I can't BELIEVE that the Cowboys gave up a first round pick for Cooper. He's coming off a concussion and drops the ball as much as Dez did. He was a first round pick 5 years ago and they definitely overpaid for him. Raiders have five first round picks so far the next two years. That's a recipe for success if they can hit on a few of them and I don't think they're done yet.

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

The only thing stupider than the Cowboys is Vrabel going for two with no time left in a 20-19 game. I'm sorry -- win or lose, that was a stupid call. (So was the Vikings' decision to throw a pass on a 4th and 8, but at least they succeeded.) The only reason to ever go for the win in that case is: (a) your kicker is Mason-Crosby-that-one-Sunday bad, (b) you have absolutely zero faith in your team winning in OT, or (c) it's preseason. Seeing as how none of those were the case, it was a dumb call and they deserved to lose.

Yeah this call just didn't make sense. The Titans were dominating the Chargers in the second half and had the momentum...kick the PAT and go to OT and win it there. I generally like being aggressive, but that seemed more reckless than anything. The poor, poor Browns...they rip their fans hearts out every week. Speaking of ripping fans hearts out...how ridiculous was that Illegal snap call against the Cowboys? I mean I was happy since I hate the Cowboys and I had the Redskins covering at -2.5...but that was just terrible. And speaking of terrible...this Monday night game is pretty brutal so far...the Falcons D is one of the three worst in football and the Giants still can't put the ball in the end zone. Eli hasn't looked as bad tonight, but they seem destined for another top 5 pick.

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

ANYWAY, enough football. I finally beat VC4. What an amazing game. The final few missions were tough (especially the last one, which forced me to save scum after almost every move), but I made it through. I should just have 12 skirmishes and a few Squad Stories to go. And maybe a true ending...? We'll see.

Congrats! I've decided I'm playing this next. I had thought about saving it for number 75...but I'm looking forward to this game too much to wait. I saw a game on sale this week that I now have my eye on for 75. It's call Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure. It's only $4.79! Do you have any thoughts on this one? ;)

I was hoping to have Catherine wrapped up this week, but it's not looking good. The Babel puzzles are really hard. If I had more skill with the game...I could probably get it done by Friday, but I have a feeling I'm going to be spending days in Babel. I'll be able to get the hard gold trophies just fine...those levels aren't that much harder than normal. The boss levels are much harder, but the normal levels are about the same. I've got nine days to get it done to have it count for Trophophobia.

So I'm a little bummed. My desk got moved at work and my screen location isn't really conducive to surfing the net lol I used to do a lot of my posting during downtime at work, but now it's pretty impossible to so my posting will be severely limited. I do most of my forum lurking on my phone, but I refuse to 'text' my posts from my phone. I suck at texting and it just takes too long. Hopefully, it is temporary though since I've heard I might be getting an office soon which will up my unproductive habits :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Briste said:

I saw a game on sale this week that I now have my eye on for 75. It's call Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure. It's only $4.79! Do you have any thoughts on this one? ;)

Either you are insane or you are joking. ?

No. Wait. I've got a much better response to this...

Me, I'm doing some Vita LEGO games I got off of GameFly. Note to self: I forgot how badly the Vita version of LEGO Harry Potter lags. It's like they cut too much out. :(

Edited by DragonQuest238

17 hours ago, Briste said:

And speaking of terrible...this Monday night game is pretty brutal so far...the Falcons D is one of the three worst in football and the Giants still can't put the ball in the end zone. Eli hasn't looked as bad tonight, but they seem destined for another top 5 pick.

Can we just ban the Giants from prime time football? The Bengals too. They're not even remotely entertaining at this point...

And I have no sympathy for NYG at this point. You have OBJ and Barkley. You should be putting up at least 24 points a game, regardless of who your QB is (and I know Eli is pretty bad, but the dude has won championships). Like you said before, Cousins is under just as much pressure in Minnesota, and he's able to get it to his boys on the outside. It's just disgusting to watch. I'm about to stick a fork in some of these teams. In fact, fuck it -- Giants dead, Raiders dead, and anybody in the NFC West not named the Rams or Seahawks (sorry, Cards and 49ers) dead. And it's not even November!

I think everybody else still has a chance... Even the Browns.

18 hours ago, Briste said:

Congrats! I've decided I'm playing this next. I had thought about saving it for number 75...but I'm looking forward to this game too much to wait. I saw a game on sale this week that I now have my eye on for 75. It's call Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure. It's only $4.79! Do you have any thoughts on this one? ;)

I would rather watch the Giants every week for the rest of my life than play a single puzzle of that game ever again. Surely you can find a better use for $5... Might I suggest flushing it down the toilet?

Well, three "hard" skirmishes in VC4 done! And actually, they are kinda hard. The enemies are all top tier, and they're positioned in very troublesome spots. I'm having to save scum my way through... I think I unlock the rest of the characters when I finish five of these, though!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I would rather watch the Giants every week for the rest of my life than play a single puzzle of that game ever again. Surely you can find a better use for $5... Might I suggest flushing it down the toilet?

I think he was just joking around. I can think of a better use for $5, play Super Destructonaut DX! That game is an easy platinum and much quicker than the 80 Fill-A-Pix puzzles by far. :P I just platinumed both versions of Super Destructonaut DX and Waking Violet. I'll get back to my Vita LEGO games I rented and then try to do something a bit meatier like Ratchet and Clank... which has been rotting on my PS4 forever. :|

On 10/24/2018 at 2:24 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

I think he was just joking around. I can think of a better use for $5, play Super Destructonaut DX! That game is an easy platinum and much quicker than the 80 Fill-A-Pix puzzles by far. :P

I dunno. He seemed pretty serious. Maybe he came to his senses...

As for me, I'm putting the finishing touches on VC4. I will have to grind for money/XP, but there's a good map to do that where you can beat the whole thing in one turn. Other than that, I think I only have one more extra hard skirmish. Kinda wanted to save that for the end. Also, I forgot I was even playing a Japanese game...and then our heroes found a hot spring.

Oh, Japan.

• Like 3

Well, I just got trolled. Remember how I said I was killing off characters I didn't like in VC4 on purpose, because it doesn't affect trophies? Turns out I was wrong. The game awards medals, and EVERY MEDAL EXCEPT ONE is directly connected to a trophy. Naturally, the one medal that isn't included...is getting every character to max rank. So, what's the problem?

THERE'S A TROPHY FOR COLLECTING ALL THE MEDALS.

Oh, game. You done gotten on my bad side now. Fortunately, you can still bring back your dead characters (in the post-game), but (1) that costs money, and it gets more expensive with every revive, (2) ranking them up requires using them, and I've already done everything the game has to offer, and (3) I've done this to about 20 characters. This is going to add several hours to my playthrough...which, by the way, would be over now, and I'd be back to a 100% account.

There will be no treats for you this Halloween, Scaredy-Claude!

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that you have to revive and max rank all of those people you despise, Cassy. :(

This is why I research any game I want to purchase to see if there are any stupid trophies like this. If there are, the game is dropped like hot sh**.

It's also why I am going to wean myself of the obsession to have a 100% account and just be happy I have only a few games that I don't want to revisit. (But I might depending on my mood.)

Damn you Alteric and your stupid spikes with giant hitboxes.

Damn you ICEY and your save game corrupting without warning halfway through my playthrough.

Damn you forma.8 and your stupid chase sequence I can never complete because my controls suck.

And DAMNDAMNDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU BIRTHDAYS THE BEGINNING AND YOUR 600 HOUR AFK TROPHY!!!! ?

I'm going back to the Kingdom Hearts series. At least Kingdom Hearts II doesn't pretend to be nice. I know that I'll keep respawning a zillion times against Data Xemnas. But at least I know that I can play it on Beginner mode and nerf the damage by 25% and it'll still count. Critical Mode will kick my A$$. :(

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Sorry to hear that you have to revive and max rank all of those people you despise, Cassy. :(

This is why I research any game I want to purchase to see if there are any stupid trophies like this. If there are, the game is dropped like hot sh**.

Nah, it's okay. I'm pretty sure I even read that in the guide. I just didn't care. Games first, trophies second.

I was kinda planning on reviving everybody anyway. I felt bad when the end credits were showing and they went through each character, revealing their "alive" or "dead" status. Plus, some of the death scenes are horrible to watch. They each have a farewell line that hits you right in the feels.

Shouldn't be too long now. Think I have four characters left. Skirmish 9 seems to be the best way to grind for rank, money, and XP.

That was a bizarre football game last night. A bad game, sure, but it had some of the weirdest plays/calls/penalties I've seen this year.

• Like 2

Platinum #136 - Valkyria Chronicles 4

1L90977a.png

I can't praise this game -- or this series -- enough. Yeah, the dialogue and voice acting is a bit cringeworthy at times, but it's cheesy in all the right ways. I actually almost teared up a couple of times. And I know I started off by saying that Claude and Riley were just weaker versions of Welkin and Alicia, but...honestly, I might prefer them. It probably helps that Raz and Kai were leagues better than the VC counterparts (Largo and Rosie). Raz and I were like bros, and Kai had a story arc that was probably deeper than anybody else's in the game. In an alternate universe (wait, isn't this game already set in an alternate universe?), she would've been the main character. And Walz is probably the best villain I've seen in a Valkyria game.

Post-game grinding and pointless hot spring scene aside, I loved every minute of my 103 hour (!?) playthrough. Difficulty is still something they need to work on (maps are generally too easy, while the harder ones feel like they require save scumming), but I never felt like it detracted from the gameplay. Carefully planning out each map and having to adjust your strategies on the fly never gets old. I'm not totally sold on the idea of having to rush every map in order to get the best ranking, but it does add a bit to the tactical fun, and they're not nearly as stressful as those timed missions in XCOM 2.

Overall, I give this game a "Can the men in black show up at my door and wipe my memory so that I can enjoy the same experience all over again?" out of 10.

Nov_27_19_52_22.jpg?fit=1430%2C645&ssl=1

• Like 4

Glad you liked the game, Cassy. I'm in a dry slump right now. I said I would plat some Halloweeny games but I don't think I can stomach playing the two G games for this Halloween. (Goosebumps and Grim Fandango Remastered) I'm just probably going to plat the other game on that account(Ratchet and Clank) and then delete the account to erase those games from my mind.

EDIT: I erased those games and now I've fallen into another Lightwood Games trap - PIC-A-PIX COLOR. :shakefist:

Goodbye the next week or so of my life. :(

To be fair, I had no choice. I had to download a game quickly because I only had five minutes before I had to go to this dietician to discuss my food lifestyle and I refused to play any of the other games on my list. At the least I managed to start earning trophies on Castlevania Requiem. I rage-quit Rondo of Blood(not very good as standard Castlevania, but I did get to Stage 3) and played a bit of Symphony before I died to those fishmen because I forgot Death steals all your uber gear. I have to start playing from the beginning again. :( But I did like the voices. Having played and completed the original Symphony of the Night on PS1, I can say the PSP voiceovers are far better. :)

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 2:40 PM, DragonQuest238 said:

EDIT: I erased those games and now I've fallen into another Lightwood Games trap - PIC-A-PIX COLOR. :shakefist:

But that one was actually fun. Like, I legitimately enjoyed that game, because it never felt tedious.

I might grab Castlevania Requiem too. We're approaching the 6k milestone, and I'd really like Cowstlevania: Portroit of Mooin' or Napsylvania: Lethargy of DisChair in that slot, for obvious reasons. But honestly, that game has several great trophies to choose from.

For now, though, I gotta finish the Halloween event. If you'll recall, I had only completed 12/13 games before I got sidetracked by Scaredy-Claude and Hot Spring Riley. Our last category is Dementophobia, and I think you all know what I'm playing for that...

No, not Batsman!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jens said:

Purgatorydagger: Someone's Loss?

That's the one. And a much better title than Constipation Face.

Doesn't look too bad. The game is telling me to play it with headphones, so I guess I'm going to have to hunt those things down again... Actually, I have a really nice pair of wireless headphones, but I think they're Bluetooth-only, so I'm not sure how that'd work with the PS4. Guess I have YET ANOTHER project to work on...

I swear, games these days are so demanding. It's practically like having a kid.

• Like 2

So I want to bow down in apology to @kingofbattle8174 for dissing him. Yes I did download, play and platinum Word Sudoku by that lousy mutt POWGI again. Luckily it seems you only have solve 50 specific puzzles. I had to use a solutions guide because I suck at Sudoku. I am not stacking however.

Also downloaded Bloodstained because the guide I read said time to plat and I just came down from Castlevania Requiem but it doesn't have a platinum trophy and I am not going to add non-plats until I hit 100 games because I want to prove I can hit 100 platinums. Still, I just synced up #89(Word Sudoku by POWGI for Vita) and #90(Castlevania Requiem). Cassy, I strongly recommend the game if you love Metroidvanias, Symphony of the Night is awesome and it was fun going through Dracula's Castle with Alucard again after 20 years. ^_^

Oh, and Happy Halloween to everyone too. ?

• Like 2

@DragonQuest238

it is no big deal, it was just a prophecy of your downfall wahaha ??. Castlevania was one of my favs of the ps1 era. I cant wait to play it for KYC. 

@Cassylvania

I see we are now tied for first place. The NFC north is going to go down to the wire this year. What makes it so close as well is that none of the north teams have really played each other yet. Chicago has only played the one game against Green Bay in week one and none since until sunday after next. 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 9:30 AM, Cassylvania said:

I might grab Castlevania Requiem too. We're approaching the 6k milestone, and I'd really like Cowstlevania: Portroit of Mooin' or Napsylvania: Lethargy of DisChair in that slot, for obvious reasons. But honestly, that game has several great trophies to choose from.

I picked this up the day it came out. Symphony of the Night is one of my favorite games of all time. I'm psyched that it has trophies now. Never played the other one, but I'm sure it'll be fun too. I'm having a mini dilemma right now with what to play next. I really want to play VC4...but if you sunk 100+ hours into it...I'm not sure I want my next game to be a time-sink after playing Catherine.  Catherine has just been so bad to play. I've gotten pretty good at it actually, but I hate the absolute bullshit ways that you can die. I only have Babel left and I can put this game in my rear view mirror forever. The hype about the difficulty is absolutely true...but it's not a fun challenge at all and I'm honestly surprised the platinum rarity isn't lower. I would think more people would have given up...

Playing Requiem next would be a relatively quick one and restore my faith in gaming...I'm really close to #75 also and I can't decide which of those two to immortalize on my profile. I have plenty of games I want to play to get me to 75 that I'm excited about. I keep putting off the Souls games, but I've got Spiderman, Castlevania Requiem VC4, Castlevania Lords of Shadows, The Wolf Among Us, Batman Return to Arkham City, Alien Isolation and the KH series just waiting to be played as well. I'm not worried about any of them disappointing me so I have a bright several months of gaming to look forward to. I'm leaning towards saving VC4 for 75...but I don't know.

45 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I see we are now tied for first place. The NFC north is going to go down to the wire this year. What makes it so close as well is that none of the north teams have really played each other yet. Chicago has only played the one game against Green Bay in week one and none since until sunday after next. 

Green Bay and Detroit made a few weird moves yesterday that don't make them any better right now. GB got rid of Ha Ha and Montgomery (what an idiot that guys is...) and the Lions traded away Tate...not moves you'd expect from teams trying to win now. I mean I understand the Montgomery trade since he basically blasted all of his teammates and he wasn't going to be accepted back in that locker room anyways...but Clinton-Dix is a solid DB. I think the road just got a little easier for the Vikes despite their loss the other day. Sunday night is going to be hyped up as an all-time match-up between Brady and Rodgers...I'll be curious to see how GB responds after the way they lost to the Rams. I still don't trust Trubisky enough to think they'll challenge the Vikings at the end. That Rams-Saints match up is another good one this week too. The 49er-Raider game on Thursday is going to be absolute trash...but I'll watch it anyway.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jens said:

I heard you'll tackle some long games in the next couple of months and Yakuza Kiwami hits PS+ next month, do I have to say more? :eyebrow::P 

You kinda do. I have no clue what that game is, or why/if I'd want to play it.

2 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Also downloaded Bloodstained because the guide I read said time to plat and I just came down from Castlevania Requiem but it doesn't have a platinum trophy and I am not going to add non-plats until I hit 100 games because I want to prove I can hit 100 platinums. Still, I just synced up #89(Word Sudoku by POWGI for Vita) and #90(Castlevania Requiem). Cassy, I strongly recommend the game if you love Metroidvanias, Symphony of the Night is awesome and it was fun going through Dracula's Castle with Alucard again after 20 years. ^_^

I suppose I'll give it a try. I just can't believe how badly they butchered the spelling of Cassylvania.

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I think this month is going to be critical. Minnesota only plays three games, but they're all against divisional opponents. Unlike last year, I'm not praying for home field advantage in the playoffs. For one, it's clearly not going to happen, with the way the Rams and Saints are playing. But also, I don't even know how much of an "advantage" home field would be (see: Bills). I think the only way the Vikings get in is by winning the NFC North, and I'm not convinced that'll happen. Why the heck did the Packers and Lions trade away some of their best players, when it's a four-way race?

I think everyone in the NFCN is within one game of each other.

47 minutes ago, Briste said:

Playing Requiem next would be a relatively quick one and restore my faith in gaming...I'm really close to #75 also and I can't decide which of those two to immortalize on my profile. I have plenty of games I want to play to get me to 75 that I'm excited about. I keep putting off the Souls games, but I've got Spiderman, Castlevania Requiem VC4, Castlevania Lords of Shadows, The Wolf Among Us, Batman Return to Arkham City, Alien Isolation and the KH series just waiting to be played as well. I'm not worried about any of them disappointing me so I have a bright several months of gaming to look forward to. I'm leaning towards saving VC4 for 75...but I don't know.

My 100+ hours in VC4 were likely a result of leaving it AFK so often. I don't think it actually took nearly that long. But everything you named is a good game (or so I hear), so it's not like you can lose. Unless you bought Phil. Then you lose.

TWAU has one of the best plat images out there, though. It's not an actual milestone for me, but it's my fastest plat, and I intend to keep it that way!

50 minutes ago, Briste said:

Green Bay and Detroit made a few weird moves yesterday that don't make them any better right now. GB got rid of Ha Ha and Montgomery (what an idiot that guys is...) and the Lions traded away Tate...not moves you'd expect from teams trying to win now. I mean I understand the Montgomery trade since he basically blasted all of his teammates and he wasn't going to be accepted back in that locker room anyways...but Clinton-Dix is a solid DB. I think the road just got a little easier for the Vikes despite their loss the other day. Sunday night is going to be hyped up as an all-time match-up between Brady and Rodgers...I'll be curious to see how GB responds after the way they lost to the Rams. I still don't trust Trubisky enough to think they'll challenge the Vikings at the end. That Rams-Saints match up is another good one this week too. The 49er-Raider game on Thursday is going to be absolute trash...but I'll watch it anyway.

I loved seeing the commercial where they tried to hype up tomorrow night's game (like they do for every primetime game). It came across as so desperate.

The Vikings are EXTREMELY underwhelming this year. They have the talent to be the #2 seed in the NFC right now, but it's not translating into wins. Losing to the Bills was pathetic. Losing to the Saints, on a day where Brees only throws for 120 yards, is disparaging. The only saving grace is that the Saints won on what were essentially two uncharacteristic goofs from the Vikings' best offensive players (the Thielen fumble in the red zone and Diggs stopping on a route). Get rid of those and they should've won handily. That's a small bit of comfort going into the second half of the season.

Still, Cousins has a lot of moments that make me go, "Really?" I'm still not seeing him play up to his price tag. But hey, if you're bored sometime, read some articles about Adam Thielen and how he got to be a Minnesota Viking. I think you'll really gain a lot of respect for him, and it makes what he's doing this season even more spectacular.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

You kinda do. I have no clue what that game is, or why/if I'd want to play it.

Don't wanna make the "You been under a rock all this time?" remark but I'm surprised you haven't heard about the Yakuza series? Yakuza Kiwami is a remaster of the first Yazuka game. I'm not really into that series, though. Too many weird Japanese mini-games for my liking. (No offense to Japanese culture, okay?)

7 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I suppose I'll give it a try. I just can't believe how badly they butchered the spelling of Cassylvania.

xD

Just got my rental: Sorcery Saga for the Vita. I promised myself I'd check this game out because it's supposed to be a roguelike dungeon crawler similar to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and I loved that series. :D

• Like 1