Final Fantasy IX Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, what you're saying is that this is going to be really easy, huh? xD

If you're willing to use the boosters it won't be easy but it will be manageable except for the jump rope. Which is probably why they left it in from the steam achievements as it requires some level of skill.

28 minutes ago, m_h2110 said:

Just started a new game, and opened the menu the second I was able to control Zidane. Was curious about the boosters, you can find them under 'Config'. You have the options to choose Master Abilities (Abilities will be mastered automatically upon obtaining weapons and gear), Lv/Mag stone Max (Character level and magic stone count will be set to maximum) and Gil Max (Your character's gil will be set to maximum). Sound pretty cool, but it also says everytime 'This feature cannot be disabled once active. You will also be unable to earn trophies.' Seems that with these features on you can't earn any trophies, but I didn't try it out myself. Should be the permanent boosts.

The other features you can activate at any point in the game are temporary. Just press 'Options' to enter the pause screen and in the lower right corner are four extremely helpful features. L1 for Battle Assistance (basically Invincibility), L2 for 9999 (maximum damage), R1 for High Speed Mode (2x speed for any actions in and outside battles) and R2 Safe Travel (no enemy encounters). I think it's safe to say that you'll still be able to earn trophies while the temporary modes are active because FFVII doesn't disable trophies if you use god mode with R3. I'm going to try to get some trophies with these modes active and just hoping for the best. Hope that answered some questions for you. :)

Ok, I just earned my first trophy 'A Round of Applause' (the minigame at the beginning with Zidane and Blank) and I had the temporary boosts active besides High Speed Mode (which would've been impossible...) and it unlocked completely normal. So luckily these boosts don't disable trophies, which is a REALLY GOOD THING :D

Edited by m_h2110

9 minutes ago, UpTheIrons_87 said:

Am I missing something??

Why is it that all of you are so concerned with the platinum?? Sure i will try to get it as well. But I don't mind if i take multiple playthroughs. This is what it has turned into, a new game comes out, everyone rushes to just get the damn platinum (at the expense of the experience and enjoyment of the actual game) and just move on to something else. 

I will play this game once through normally, just to relive the magic that this game has for me. And then, i will play it again to clean up all the trophies. 

Maybe I am way off base, but that's just how I feel. 

Probably. Since the issue isn't how long it takes but how damn hard that jump rope trophy is. 

9 minutes ago, Khain24 said:

Probably. Since the issue isn't how long it takes but how damn hard that jump rope trophy is. 

No I get that. But I was reading how people won't pick this game up because of certain trophies being included..to me that doesn't make sense

To each their own. I understand. But for most final fantasy fans. This game is magic, and usually rates within their top 3 or 5 for sure. 

I am sure there are lots of people who will be like me, and play it through once, without any cheats or boosts, to just re-live it again.

And then go full tilt to get excalibur 2 whilst using all the boosts and such.  

But i just haven't seen that on this forum.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ihate_ray said:

Looks fun and I'm glad more ff games are coming to ps4 but this list looks absurd. A shame I was gonna buy it till I saw the list /: nice background though

And you just made my point that i tried to make in my previous post.

Like it is your choice. But trophy lists shouldn't detract people from buying a game they love. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, UpTheIrons_87 said:

Like it is your choice. But trophy lists shouldn't detract people from buying a game they love. 

If I really want the game I'd just get the steam version. There isn't really any other reason for me to get the ps4 version aside from trophies. You are on a site for psn trophies so i don't know why you are so appalled. 

12 minutes ago, UpTheIrons_87 said:

As noted above, this is a ps4 trophy page so you're bound to find more gung-ho/hardcore trophy hunters here than else where. Some people obsess over compeleting every game they play. I am kind of like that but I'll still get this game at some point when I have more forseeable free time. Likely never plat which is a shame but I can earn everyone other one.

To each their own I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m_h2110 said:

Ok, I just earned my first trophy 'A Round of Applause' (the minigame at the beginning with Zidane and Blank) and I had the temporary boosts active besides High Speed Mode (which would've been impossible...) and it unlocked completely normal. So luckily these boosts don't disable trophies, which is a REALLY GOOD THING :D

Why is it a really good thing that the cheats don't disable the trophies? :S The game itself is simply broken with them. Besides, the hardest and most annoying trophies are not made easier by them, just breaks the game.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Will wait on a Trophy guide for this one before deciding if I play it on PS4 or Vita. I never played this one much (like 2 hours on the phone version, but I ended up deciding it deserved to be played on a console)

I don't mind a difficult challenge (which I guess the rope jumping is). That speedrun seems very annoying if cheats can't be used to make it more lenient. I don't mind speedruns that much if the time isn't too tight (like how Tales of Vesperia has a 15 hour speedtun trophy which can be done in 4 hours).

I love watching speedruns of games. Doing them myself, not at all.

11 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

Will wait on a Trophy guide for this one before deciding if I play it on PS4 or Vita. I never played this one much (like 2 hours on the phone version, but I ended up deciding it deserved to be played on a console)

I don't mind a difficult challenge (which I guess the rope jumping is). That speedrun seems very annoying if cheats can't be used to make it more lenient. I don't mind speedruns that much if the time isn't too tight (like how Tales of Vesperia has a 15 hour speedtun trophy which can be done in 4 hours).

I love watching speedruns of games. Doing them myself, not at all.

Well, you can get to Excalibur II in like 9 hours and some 15 minutes or something, and the time you'd need to get there is 12 hours, so there's some room. I thought such a speedrun would have been great. You'd have to play the game a bit differently and use different skills, get deeper into the gameplay etc. :) As it is now, it's just a waste of time. You can just run through the entire game do 9999 damage to all enemies and really not do any of the strategic stuff. It wouldn't have been overly difficult anyway. What is difficult is 1000 skips and the athlete queen, which breaking the battlesystem won't help you with one bit.

And I'm all for speedhack and even maybe no encounter, but the rest of the cheats just breaks the gameplay.

2 minutes ago, fabiansc83 said:

@MysticjMax Ozma isn´t that hard...

Excalibur II it´s a nice challenge...

Jump rope on the other hand...HELL NO!!!

True, Ozma is piss easy with reflect + absorb/immune/reduce darkness element. Then you can spam spells against your party, especially some powerful dark spells, and you'd win. But this is the kind of things you'd try to fix your party towards. Same with other bosses, especially in the 12 hour run, but nope, the battlesystem is broken with the cheats. :( It's sad to see Square Enix be this ashamed of what made them great in the first place.

I suspect that even with the game breaking, and they truly are, cheats, the plat will become ultra rare. Sucks they had to go the path of allowing you to earn trophies with cheats on, the game doesn't need it at all, and adding the 1k jump ropes and athlete queen trophies. I wanted some for the coffee side quest.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MMDE said:

True, Ozma is piss easy with reflect + absorb/immune/reduce darkness element. Then you can spam spells against your party, especially some powerful dark spells, and you'd win. 

I defeated Ozma spamming frog drop with Quina...?

fabiansc83.png

Edited by fabiansc83

1 minute ago, soultaker655 said:

With super speed and all 9999 damage cheats on I can see how he got it this fast.

Yeah, it's just broken. :( Else, speedrunners should be able to do it on first attempt without even saving in like 9 hours. With these cheats it's like 5-6 hours? Just a joke and a waste of time. :(