Let's Play Persona 5

21 hours ago, FukoArisato said:

Hiya, I'm new here, I'd meant to post before but forgot or got distracted or something(who really knows), but I platinumed(?) this game like a week ago.......... or more, however long ago the 15th was. I think I'd like a Mona trophy, I love that little guy, no one can change my mind either. 

Congrats!!! 

Don't worry I won't try to change your mind that Kawakami is and always will be the best ;)

On 25-3-2018 at 10:36 AM, FukoArisato said:

Hiya, I'm new here, I'd meant to post before but forgot or got distracted or something(who really knows), but I platinumed(?) this game like a week ago.......... or more, however long ago the 15th was. I think I'd like a Mona trophy, I love that little guy, no one can change my mind either. 

Congrats with obtaining the plat and with completing this event :D . What are your thoughts about the game? Here's your well-deserved reward:

h7zUXeU.png

• Like 1

@Dav9834 Well, I've always had more of a thing for Takemi to be honest, she's just so perfect to me

@Dragon-Archon There's definitely parts in the game I wish was written better, and I wish there was more scenes of the whole team hanging out together just having fun so they felt closer but overall, it's a fun game. I've played through it twice now and I had fun both times. I get bored or distracted very easily and this kept my attention for the most part, so that's good enough for me.

• Like 1

Just now, FukoArisato said:

@Dragon-Archon There's definitely parts in the game I wish was written better, and I wish there was more scenes of the whole team hanging out together just having fun so they felt closer but overall, it's a fun game. I've played through it twice now and I had fun both times. I get bored or distracted very easily and this kept my attention for the most part, so that's good enough for me.

I would've liked to see more events too. Later in the game there are hardly any with the whole gang and IIRC even on the school trip there wasn't any with all of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I would've liked to see more events too. Later in the game there are hardly any with the whole gang and IIRC even on the school trip there wasn't any with all of them.

Yeah, I'm playing Persona 4 Golden right now.......... I never finished it from years ago, so I'm playing it now and the gang hangs out all the time, it makes it seem like they're actually friends. There's also these small scenes at Junes if you go there with Nanako and Dojima later game, and you see the other characters just hanging out and that's nice too, like, it feels like they aren't just friends when you're around, I wish there could have been that kind of thing in Persona 5 but I guess it was full with enough stuff there wouldn't have been enough time for that in game maybe? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FukoArisato said:

@Dav9834 Well, I've always had more of a thing for Takemi to be honest, she's just so perfect to me

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

2 hours ago, FukoArisato said:

Yeah, I'm playing Persona 4 Golden right now.......... I never finished it from years ago, so I'm playing it now and the gang hangs out all the time, it makes it seem like they're actually friends. There's also these small scenes at Junes if you go there with Nanako and Dojima later game, and you see the other characters just hanging out and that's nice too, like, it feels like they aren't just friends when you're around, I wish there could have been that kind of thing in Persona 5 but I guess it was full with enough stuff there wouldn't have been enough time for that in game maybe? 

Ya this is my #1 complaint of P5. 

Coming straight from p4golden last year to p5 was a little disappointing because the lack of bonds between the characters. 

I think a lot of people have the same feeling. 

They focused so much on combat, and palaces that I think they just ran out of dev time. 

5 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That was probably THE big disappointment of this game. The camaraderie that was so apparent in Persona 4 was harder to find here. Heck - even the oddly behaving people of Persona 3 seemed to hang out more often than these guys. I know the game tried to counter this by having people visit the coffee house, or invite you out, but the rewards for this were pretty lackluster (particularly compared to the awesome rewards for going to the movies in P4: Golden).

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Ya this is my #1 complaint of P5. 

Coming straight from p4golden last year to p5 was a little disappointing because the lack of bonds between the characters. 

I think a lot of people have the same feeling. 

They focused so much on combat, and palaces that I think they just ran out of dev time. 

12 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

That was probably THE big disappointment of this game. The camaraderie that was so apparent in Persona 4 was harder to find here. Heck - even the oddly behaving people of Persona 3 seemed to hang out more often than these guys. I know the game tried to counter this by having people visit the coffee house, or invite you out, but the rewards for this were pretty lackluster (particularly compared to the awesome rewards for going to the movies in P4: Golden).

Yeah, going from Persona 5 back to Persona 4 Golden is a very weird feeling. It seems like every time the P5 guys hang out as a group it happens off screen, which doesn't help, like when they rent out the park, why couldn't we have seen any of that? Persona 4 is really good with showing us that. Even Persona 3 showed more than 5 did, and for most of the game the characters didn't even like each other that much. 

18 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It was missing operation "Babe Hunt." With Ryuji instead of Junpei. It's parts like that in P3 that make you really feel like you're bonding with the characters. 

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It was missing operation "Babe Hunt." With Ryuji instead of Junpei. It's parts like that in P3 that make you really feel like you're bonding with the characters. 

We went babe hunting with Ryuji and Yusuke on the beach, though :lol: .

Edited by Lucas

Made it to 11/13 last night in my second play through, just Reaper grinding to not waste money on fusing high-level Personas to finish the Compendium. Should be able to fuse Joker's ultimate Persona and get Yoshitsune for the bonus boss fight by the end of it.

Can't complete the compendium yet because I didn't get the last two treasure demons in my previous play through but I'll be able to do that after finishing the next Palace.

Should have the platinum next week, there's not much left to do (and with everyone at 99 there shouldn't be any problems)

• Like 1

Important:

For those of you who are still aiming to complete this event, there are only 7 days (including today) remaining.

8 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Didn't know P3 also had an operation Babe Hunt. The one in P4G was hilarious.

25 minutes ago, Arctic Cress said:

Made it to 11/13 last night in my second play through, just Reaper grinding to not waste money on fusing high-level Personas to finish the Compendium. Should be able to fuse Joker's ultimate Persona and get Yoshitsune for the bonus boss fight by the end of it.

Can't complete the compendium yet because I didn't get the last two treasure demons in my previous play through but I'll be able to do that after finishing the next Palace.

Should have the platinum next week, there's not much left to do (and with everyone at 99 there shouldn't be any problems)

Nice, good luck. Including today, there are only 7 remaining to complete this event.

Is anyone else going to watch the P5 anime? It starts April 7 2018. 

4 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Oh yea, the worst part of any Persona :/

P5 should have omitted that :/

How can you not like this event in P4G?

Spoiler

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Of course :D!

3 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Hide contents

That was an amazing event, yeah :lol:. Best ''babe hunt'' event in the series :P.

11 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Oh yeah, that's right. Though, the one in P3 is great

Yeah, the P5 one was cool too, though :P.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

How can you not like this event in P4G?

Reveal hidden contents

Of course, just read yesterday it'll be dubbed too. Sense I played it with English VAs I'm going to watch it the same. 

I actually didn't know there was a 1 off episode on crunchyroll for marketing back when the game released. Just watched it last night it was ok. 

The p4g event is better imo. Although yusukes lobsters were funny. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dav9834 said:

Of course, just read yesterday it'll be dubbed too. Sense I played it with English VAs I'm going to watch it the same. 

I actually didn't know there was a 1 off episode on crunchyroll for marketing back when the game released. Just watched it last night it was ok. 

The p4g event is better imo. Although yusukes lobsters were funny. 

Oh yeah, I watched that promotional episode when the game was released. IIRC it was about one of the Mementos requests.

Of course i am going to watch , wonder who joker chooses as is cannon girlfriend : Ann , Mokoto or even Fatuba or Haru or stays alone because he made to many failed attempts  ( Not trying to start a waifu war here)   . Do you guys know if it's going to be on crushyroll or another website ? 

I am currently playing p4G really like it , hope they make an up to date version of that witch better grafics . 

Any of you played Persona Q and could tell me if it is worth it ? 

55 minutes ago, jefbaso said:

I am currently playing p4G really like it , hope they make an up to date version of that witch better grafics . 

I have played it. And I don't think it's worth it, but if you go in only wanting fanservice you will probably like it more than I did.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vin_rob said:

Yeah I'm going to watch :)

Guess who just joined the Legendary Phantom Thief squad =) 

Congrats :yay: , what are your thoughts about P5 and which trophy do you want?

10 hours ago, jefbaso said:

Of course i am going to watch , wonder who joker chooses as is cannon girlfriend : Ann , Mokoto or even Fatuba or Haru or stays alone because he made to many failed attempts  ( Not trying to start a waifu war here)   . Do you guys know if it's going to be on crushyroll or another website ? 

I don't think Joker will choose a canon girlfriend, didn't happen in the P4 anime. I belief the reason for that is to prevent destroying each player's choice by creating an official canon story. However, IIRC the Lovers arcana is the unofficial love interest, so in P5 that would be Ann. Would be surprised if it didn't come to crunchyroll.

• Like 1