God Eater 3 officially announced

dermarx

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/god-eater-3-officially-announced

God Eater 3 is officially announced. To bad, Bandai Namco didn't say anything about a release date nor the plattform(s).

But it will be released world wide

God Eater 3 is planned for release worldwide, including the Americas, Europe, Japan, and Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia,Thailand, Philippines, and Indonesia).

• Like 4

I still haven't started GE : Ressurection on Vita , i bought a new physical copy of GE 2 : Rage Burst for Vitaand it's still sealed even since . I was in the middle of Freedom Wars but have put that aside for awhile so i need to go back to it soon . 

It's good to see that GE 3 is coming out worldwide , i hope that it cames to the Vita but first i need to play the first 2 titles ?

Who is going to compose the soundtrack? I'm really concerned since Go Shiina left Bamco recently.

Also, let me guess.... PS4/PC, maybe X1. Switch? they don't even have the first two games.

Edited by Katt

A few more Infos were released:

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has an interview with God Eater IP general producer Yuusuke Tomizawa, general director Hiro Yoshimura, and God Eater 3 producer Yuya Tomiyama on the newly announced God Eater 3.

Get the tidbits below.

• First, they apologized for the three-year wait since the release of God Eater 2: Rage Burst.
  • After development of God Eater 2: Rage Burst wrapped up, they reconsidered what draws people to God Eater and what players are looking for. By looking at user feedback, they were faced with a situation where what users want is considerably different from the current God Eater.
  • In addition to looking at evolving the series, they explored market potential, including overseas expansion. Both God Eater 2: Rage Burst and God Eater: Resurrection were well-reviewed overseas.
  • They felt that God Eater 3 should return to the feeling first felt in God Eater—the good feeling of speedily fighting enemies.
  • God Eater 3 is set after the events of God Eater 2: Rage Burst.
  • The setting of God Eater 3 is the area around a Fenrir Headquarters. However, the Fenrir Headquarters that existed in God Eater 2: Rage Burst has already collapsed.
  • The world view from previous games has changed considerably, and the positions of the God Eaters have also changed.
  • Development is proceeding with console as the base. It is being developed on PC, and from there will be moved to console.
  • They’re evolving multiplayer to make it more enjoyable to play for the current era.
  • (In regards gameplay outside of four-person multiplayer) It’s possible.
  • The fields are being completely remade.
  • You can move around seamlessly on the field, and areas are the biggest they have ever been in a God Eater game. Fields feel more expansive than ever. There are many fields with differences in elevation, as well.
  • God Eater 3 will have enemies with different properties and abilities from Aragami, and these enemies will devour the player.
  • Devoured enemies will enter a strengthened state, leaving the player in a critical situation.
  • Up until now, the games were made up of “gods and mankind,” but this is vague in the protagonist of the game, who wore shackles on each of his hands. There’s a feeling of Gods devouring each other.
  • In addition to dual wielding God Arcs, new God Arcs different from previous systems will also appear.
  • Outside of that, the game will also incorporate new elements in order to face against formidable enemies.
  • The smartphone RPG God Eater: Resonant Ops is set between God Eater 2: Rage Burst and God Eater 3, but that doesn’t mean you won’t be able to understand God Eater 3 without playing it.
  • Development is currently 30 percent complete.

Source: gematsu

Well, 30% Development isn't that much. I guess we have to wait two years or so until it is released. 

• Like 2

I'm enjoying Resurrection at the moment so this is great news. Maybe I'll be able to finish Resurrection & Burst before 3 releases. Otherwise this is going to end up being like the Hyperdimension series for me; every time I think I'm getting close to catching up I look & another game or spin off has released ?

Either way here's hoping for a PS4/Vita release. 

2 hours ago, dermarx said:

They felt that God Eater 3 should return to the feeling first felt in God Eate

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

2 hours ago, dermarx said:

and these enemies will devour the player.

Say what? =D

1 hour ago, Gretchen27 said:

Either way here's hoping for a PS4/Vita release. 

There are some inclinations that it could be like this!

On 10/7/2017 at 5:08 PM, Katt said:

Who is going to compose the soundtrack? I'm really concerned since Go Shiina left Bamco recently.

Also, let me guess.... PS4/PC, maybe X1. Switch? they don't even have the first two games.

God Eater has never released on a Microsoft console and it wouldn't make sense to do it this late into the story.

1 hour ago, Freelancer Tex said:

God Eater has never released on a Microsoft console and it wouldn't make sense to do it this late into the story.

we are talking about bamco here, the dudes who made ACE COMBAT 6 exclusive for X360 (they always been PS games without counting other versions like arcade, at least numbered games) and also never localized Tales of Vesperia in PS3 though they did it in X360. I haven't forgotten those That's why I'm always expecting some shitty move from them.

My question is {more like curiosity} is are we only able to be a male character in this version. Cause the first I know you could make a female if you wanted to; don't know about the second one since I haven't played it yet but there shouldn't be a reason it isn't the same character making as the first.