Star Wars BF 2 has microtransactions

Fubuki

Just now, Velaxity said:

Game still looks amazing though. Still keeping my pre order and I'll hope for the best.

Honestly you shouldn't. I know its tempting but if you buy this game you are basically supporting them. Even of you don't buy the loot crates. Other people will and is making this the new trend. IT's unfortunate 

• Like 2

Free DLC and increased support justifies micro transactions. If you can't see that, than that's your own hang up.

Granted, Shadow of War won't have either of those things (typical WB at this point) so screw them. But as long as I'm getting something in return, I'm smiling ear to ear =) lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BadTitanSlayer said:

Honestly you shouldn't. I know its tempting but if you buy this game you are basically supporting them. Even of you don't buy the loot crates. Other people will and is making this the new trend. IT's unfortunate 

You're not forced to pay for anything. The DLC will be free. Microtransactions won't give you an edge.

While I’m an anti-microtransaction activist to death, I can be fine depending of what it is about.

I’m in the both sides of the medals: One side tells me that if those idiots buying those microtransactions support the developer (and the greedy publisher), they can give us all (who don’t spend a single coin) free contents unlockable right at updates. I think about Warframe, Rocket League or Overwatch who keep getting free contents (and trophies!) that bring me back playing them. :P

The other side is, of course, how some features or some contents are restricted to us. It only goes fine for me when those microtransactions are purely cosmetics, not that they affect gameplay. Well, these loot creates in Battlefront 2 are affecting gameplay. And this bothers me a damn lot!

Plus, the revelation of a true ending in Shadow of War, accessible via grinding or damn microtransactions teach us now how this trend has gone way too far and it is a plague to our beloved passion that is gaming! I will never ever contribute to this epidemic shitty commercial practice! #fuckmicrotransactions

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 1

To be fair to EA there is no season pass for this one, so maps and modes that are added later will be free. This is the reason to implement microtransactions instead of a Season Pass and I'm ok with that kind of, like if the microtransactions were cosmetic only for example and can also be earned in game

But they aren't, buying crates gets you power, but no I'm not suprised they have had lootcrates since BF4

Wasn't going to buy it anyway, just adds another reason. Let's face it the battle is already lost this ballshit is going to be in everything now, I bet AC: Origins will have them too, wondering if Wolfenstein 2 will manage to escape this trend.

I'm not buying any game that implements this crap unless it's majorly discounted in a few years time / and the game isn't made grindy as hell because of them. There are enough great games still around and in my backlog, that do not pull this stuff that deserve my attention and money

Edited by tpepper1985

16 minutes ago, tpepper1985 said:

I bet AC: Origins will have them too, wondering if Wolfenstein 2 will manage to escape this trend.

AC: Origins is very likely to have monetized content. Wolfenstein II will only have a Season Pass with singleplayer side-stories.

Edited by Lance_87

Just now, Lance_87 said:

Wolfenstein II will only have a Season Pass with singleplayer side-stories.

Good news, despite the recent drama over the Creation Club from Bethesda you can't argue that they are far more consumer friendly than EA, Ubisoft and Activision at the moment

I don't support micro transactions, but I will point out that this age old argument has been going on forever at this point, I remember when people were complaining about paying for dlc, I knew three people who didn't buy gears of war 3 because there was add on content.  Then I remembered people complaining about season passes.  And now it's micro transactions, once everyone gets their anger out they will just be the norm.  I personally don't purchase loot boxes from games unless they are ftp like orcs must die unchained, but I won't miss out on a game because of them.

As long it's not pay-to-win, I don't think it's that big of a deal. If it's just for gold guns and flashy bullshit, who cares? In the meantime, don't overreact until we see what's inside the loot boxes. If it doesn't throw off the balance of the MP, then it's not as horrible as you might think. We'll wait and see.

7 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

As long it's not pay-to-win, I don't think it's that big of a deal. If it's just for gold guns and flashy bullshit, who cares? In the meantime, don't overreact until we see what's inside the loot boxes. If it doesn't throw off the balance of the MP, then it's not as horrible as you might think. We'll wait and see.

Watch the video, it's pretty much pay to win. You buy cards that directly influence your power, there is no standard progression via gameplay (unlocking specific guns / talents at levels etc). Progression is only available with cards which you can earn by playing, or paying for them (from a loot box). If you drop 100 bucks on day one to buy card packs you will wipe the floor of any opponents that didn't do the same, if your not an awful player.

Another opinion on someone from the beta: Yes it's beta, but that term is rather meaningless at this point. Beta in day and age means stress test / bugfix before we ship, maybe they will adjust the numbers in the system but at this point the game is done.

Edited by tpepper1985