Trophy Thoughts?

16 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Mein Leben is ONE LIFE, NO CHECKPOINTS, NO SAVES and It Has to be done in ONE SITTING.

ofc you prob can leave ps4 on over night or til next time you play.  So this is a 10 out of 10 plat.

Eh takes a lot of things to judge the difficulty of a game. Do you know if we have to beat “I am death incarnate” to unlock it first? 

9 minutes ago, Dark said:

Eh takes a lot of things to judge the difficulty of a game. Do you know if we have to beat “I am death incarnate” to unlock it first? 

It is the highest difficulty + Permadeath.

EDIT: Sorry did not read you're full question mate, you have to beat the game on normal (Bring Em On Diffculty)  :) to unlock it

Edited by DividedByMankind
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, duracellbois said:

Hope and pray you can save if not I’ll be tweeting the developers lol 

Saying what? Nobody is forcing your hand to beat the difficulty. It was expected as it’s how it worked in the previous instalment. Only reason people care now is because it has a trophy attached to it lol. Shouldn’t let it ruin the game for you.

Edited by Dark
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Diddi89 said:

The ony sort of trophy i hate are the one life one sitting. Why anybody think this would be fun to sit there and try few hours only to die and restart from all over again. Piece of shit.. Then theres no platinum for me.

Your not the only one, most wont plat this.

This kind of thing is elitism at its worst. Fuck machine games.

1 minute ago, DividedByMankind said:

Yup and the best typical part, you cant skip cutscenes :D:D

Oh jesus, so after 3 trys i could speak the dialogues by myself. :D  

Is this now 100% confirmed. 1 Life with absolutely no saving? Not after leave or crashed game? With new firmware my console crashed every 1 - 3 days regularly. 

15 minutes ago, Wired-Warlock said:

Your not the only one, most wont plat this.

This kind of thing is elitism at its worst. Fuck machine games.

Yeah, everything is possible to beat but here u need a ton of time. Most people are not interested to work so hard one a singel lol bronze trophy. Especially this must beat on iam death incarnate difficulty. I hope there are only a hand full of the realy good players which mastered this and didnt sold their service for trophy buying for others. This could be a platinum which the one who gets could be very proud of.

51 minutes ago, Dark said:

Saying what? Nobody is forcing your hand to beat the difficulty. It was expected as it’s how it worked in the previous instalment. Only reason people care now is because it has a trophy attached to it lol. Shouldn’t let it ruin the game for you.

Calm down, It hasn’t ruined the game for me! I’m very excited to play it!

not evey game I platinum it’s not a deal breaker.

I would only question there decision to add this difficulty as a trophy as there sister studio who made doom has a similar difficulty but only one level is required for competition. 

11 minutes ago, duracellbois said:

Calm down, It hasn’t ruined the game for me! I’m very excited to play it!

not evey game I platinum it’s not a deal breaker.

I would only question there decision to add this difficulty as a trophy as there sister studio who made doom has a similar difficulty but only one level is required for competition. 

I am calm lol. The only thing I don’t really get is how they can look at the difficulty and think a bronze is appropriate. I’m sure some of the silvers can be replaced if it’s a trophy point problem. If it’s the platinum breaker then it should be replaced with the gold imo. 

Edited by Dark

26 minutes ago, Dark said:

I am calm lol. The only thing I don’t really get is how they can look at the difficulty and think a bronze is appropriate. I’m sure some of the silvers can be replaced if it’s a trophy point problem. If it’s the platinum breaker then it should be replaced with the gold imo. 

Yes it’s a very odd choice “rolls eyes” more of a kick in the butt as many of us will be at 98% completion. Lol. 

I cannot not understand why this trophy is even in the list because Wolfenstein the old blood has this difficulty but it was completely optional after finishing the game on über. 

Edited by duracellbois

1 minute ago, duracellbois said:

Yes it’s a very odd choice “rolls eyes” more of a kick in the butt as many of us will be at 98% completion. Lol. 

I cannot not understand why this trophy is even in the list because Wolfenstein the old blood has this difficulty but it was completely optional after finishing the game on über. 

It was added in for TOB if I recall correctly. Maybe they would’ve added the trophy if it was available from release.

I will play the game for sure, because IMO its GotY material.

A few days ago this game was a full price buy + season pass, but now I will rent it a few days and play it on a 2nd acc.

I wont support sadists with my money ?

I like challenges but thats far beyond a challenge, its madness. I dont mind speedruns, hard difficulties like akumu, etc., but wasting tons of hours in an instant on ultra high is a no go.

EDIT: That last chapter glitch was my last hope ?

10 hours +, unskippable cutscenes, no saves, ultra hard difficulty thats even harder than ultra nightmare in doom 2016......

Edited by GoDBoss173

I have a great idea for the next wolfenstein game. Mein Leben means my life, so lets put the players life on the line. Ultra hard difficulty permadeath mode. When your character kicks the bucket, the developer hires a hitman to kill you in RL, 100% realism ? Mein Leben in TNC is not realistic enough?

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 1

I'm still buying it day one since I don't let trophies dictate what I play, but I'm slightly confused who the target audience of a "10+ hour, one sitting, no skippable cutscene, ultra hard, one mistake and you're done/'sorry there's always next time!'" trophy is.

I'm all for hard platinums that make you work for them, having an ultra rare trophy is cool and all and I have a couple that not many people would think to waste their sanity on, but at least let us space it out (no, rest mode doesn't count when I say this, since the moment you come back from your escape from this madness is the same moment you realize you are literally going back to what drove you insane in the first place, and it's not over until you die or submit).

I guess you could say I'm just as envious of someone who can just completely set almost an entire waking day aside and obtain this, as I am scratching my head, since I'm not even usually the one to pull the whole "full time job and student, no free time to do shit like this" card, but for this... yeah... there's absolutely no time in my schedule that I can fit this in as much as I would like to, and to make matters worse, the MOMENT I fail on the last boss because he has a cheap OHKO attack that I wasn't expecting (and supposedly this entire game is the hardest Wolfenstein yet, with armored enemies everywhere), that's the moment I just say "yeah... fuck this noise" and move on. I'm not going to let a trophy sour my overall impression of a game as I have let happen in the past, and I'm not leaving my PS4 semi-on over the course of a couple days to chance the opportunity of earning this.

TL;DR Day One, but nope.

• Like 2