Trophy Thoughts?

46 minutes ago, iamjax said:

I'm still buying it day one since I don't let trophies dictate what I play, but I'm slightly confused who the target audience of a "10+ hour, one sitting, no skippable cutscene, ultra hard, one mistake and you're done/'sorry there's always next time!'" trophy is.

I'm all for hard platinums that make you work for them, having an ultra rare trophy is cool and all and I have a couple that not many people would think to waste their sanity on, but at least let us space it out (no, rest mode doesn't count when I say this, since the moment you come back from your escape from this madness is the same moment you realize you are literally going back to what drove you insane in the first place, and it's not over until you die or submit).

I guess you could say I'm just as envious of someone who can just completely set almost an entire waking day aside and obtain this, as I am scratching my head, since I'm not even usually the one to pull the whole "full time job and student, no free time to do shit like this" card, but for this... yeah... there's absolutely no time in my schedule that I can fit this in as much as I would like to, and to make matters worse, the MOMENT I fail on the last boss because he has a cheap OHKO attack that I wasn't expecting (and supposedly this entire game is the hardest Wolfenstein yet, with armored enemies everywhere), that's the moment I just say "yeah... fuck this noise" and move on. I'm not going to let a trophy sour my overall impression of a game as I have let happen in the past, and I'm not leaving my PS4 semi-on over the course of a couple days to chance the opportunity of earning this.

TL;DR Day One, but nope.

Hit the nail right on the head there mate! 

• Like 1

Mein Leben seems a bit much, but I suspect someone somewhere will find an exploit. They always do.

At least it’s a bronze trophy - means the percentages will still be very high if you do everything but the silly trophy. 

Can’t get too hung up about it - I have quite a few actually impossible trophies on my profile, I’m sure I can make room on my incomplete list for another almost impossible one ;) 

5 hours ago, lesk8vaincra said:

Ok, i'll play this one but won't plat it then :D

Same here but I think I'll wait for a sale especially since there's no bonus reward cert for pre-ordering from Best Buy. I have too many other games to finish to potentially waste a ton of time going after one trophy.

I cancelled my preorder and am probably going to wait for a sale.  I'm not throwing away $60 for a game I won't get my full enjoyment out of, maybe $20 down the line.  Incredibly disappointed, was one of my most anticipated games this year.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

^

Are you really disappoint in game quality or platinum requirement ? it is good to know the person think why the game isn't good if it is the case. But if it is about platinum, i can totally understand (because me too cancelled pre-order because of it) because this place is about trophy hunting after all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snake2410 said:

I cancelled my preorder and am probably going to wait for a sale.  I'm not throwing away $60 for a game I won't get my full enjoyment out of, maybe $20 down the line.  Incredibly disappointed, was one of my most anticipated games this year.

I am really laughing, cancelling a great game because of trophies.... 

37 minutes ago, FielVeredus said:

^

Are you really disappoint in game quality or platinum requirement ? it is good to know the person think why the game isn't good if it is the case. But if it is about platinum, i can totally understand (because me too cancelled pre-order because of it) because this place is about trophy hunting after all.

cancelling a great game because of trophies?? lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snake2410 said:

Why wont you get your full enjoyment because of a bronze trophy that doesn’t affect story or gameplay lol..

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

I am really laughing, cancelling a great game because of trophies.... 

cancelling a great game because of trophies?? lol

I cancelled it and plan to pick it up on deep sale instead. decided it is not worth the time that I have Mario (portable Play) and AC:O (home play) at the same time. Trophy is just added the reason why i should pick it up later. I love SP campaign so I def play it just for fun when running out of thing to play but just not now. the game is great yes. I can get it that trophy is someone enjoyment and i don't judge people who may enjoy trophy or just don't mind trophy. Everyone has different preference about how their approach and enjoy their game/money.

Edited by FielVeredus

18 minutes ago, MythRaider1994 said:

Some people play games partially because they enjoy collecting the trophies. If that’s your perspective, and the trophies are so ridiculously difficult they would spoil your experience, then it makes sense for you not to buy the game.

Yeah i do get it, but boicotting a great triple A title because of 1 Bronze, Just leave it at 98%. Me personally are doing the plat :) I allso understand it is a bit slap in the face from devs doing this. Making it Ultra hard, im not happy either, because i have all wolf plats. so i guess ill be wasting somewhere between 100 and 200 h just preparing for meine leben diffculty :( But ppl dont miss out on the game! It is extremely fun running around with 2 SHOTGUNS :D

Edited by DividedByMankind
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Yeah i do get it, but boicotting a great triple A title because of 1 Bronze, Just leave it at 98%. Me personally are doing the plat :) I allso understand it is a bit slap in the face from devs doing this. Making it Ultra hard, im not happy either, because i have all wolf plats. so i guess ill be wasting somewhere between 100 and 200 h just preparing for meine leben diffculty :( But ppl dont miss out on the game! It is extremely fun running around with 2 SHOTGUNS :D

I don’t mind a challenge, in fact I completed Bloodborne the other month which was a lot of fun. This just seems unreasonably difficult to me - what if your game crashes when you’re on the last level for instance? I don’t wanna put myself through that trauma.

But good luck to you! ?

• Like 3

Just now, MythRaider1994 said:

I don’t mind a challenge, in fact I completed Bloodborne the other month which was a lot of fun. This just seems unreasonably difficult to me - what if your game crashes when you’re on the last level for instance? I don’t wanna put myself through that trauma.

But good luck to you! 1f601.png

Yeah, that is the thing that is going through my head all the time :( They should of put in One save atleast bacause of that, so ppl could use it midway through. But anyways thanks im gonna need the Luck :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Just think of all the other games you could Plat while you're wasting those hours on this ridiculous trophy. If this was like Classic Mode in Evil Within 2 then I would consider going for it since that is difficult but at least you have a fighting chance with the 7 saves.

2 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

Just think of all the other games you could Plat while you're wasting those hours on this ridiculous trophy. If this was like Classic Mode in Evil Within 2 then I would consider going for it since that is difficult but at least you have a fighting chance with the 7 saves.

Quality over Quantity for me :)

Edited by DividedByMankind

4 hours ago, Killbomb said:

If this was like Classic Mode in Evil Within 2 then I would consider going for it since that is difficult but at least you have a fighting chance with the 7 saves.

Said exactly the same thing yesterday to a friend. This is a challenge but its ok for me to save only 1 or 2 hours like in The evil within or Dead Space. Even max payne 3 was much easier, it wasnt that high difficulty and not so long too. Dont know why they do this to us.

Edited by Diddi89
Grammatical correctur

I think Evil Within 2 approach is the most fair while keep it challenge. at least people don't have to play it in one go. When game decided to crash on you (happened many in game that Beth published for some reason) it's done. The Evil Within 2 also crash several times but at least there is 7 save quotas.

But anyway for anyone attempting it , good luck. :D

• Like 2

On 10/25/2017 at 1:23 PM, FielVeredus said:

^

Developer choices when it comes to trophies.  I have three major things I look for when I buy a game at full price.  Quality of gameplay, interest in the story/plot, and trophies.  If any of those three lead to extreme disappointment before I even buy the game I refuse to pay full price for it.  

The gameplay and story have me really interested, but the moment a dev decides to cater to the ultra hardcore with trophies I refuse to give them my money.  I'll possibly buy it cheap down the line, or I'll just borrow it from my brother since he's still getting it.

And to those laughing about my cancelling it, I have better things to do and plenty of games to play.

Why should I spend my $60 on something I won't get my full enjoyment out of? For me to fully enjoy a game, trophies are important enough to skip a game.

If you can't understand that, then that's ok.  Everyone finds enjoyment in their own way.  I find I can't even finish most games if there is a trophy that is beyond my time and skill trophy in the list, or no trophies at all (Nintendo).

I'd rather catch up on my backlog of doable 100%'s, than waste 100's of hours on one game that I'd need to be virtually flawless on for 10+ hours straight.  Don't have that kind of time.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Developer choices when it comes to trophies.  I have three major things I look for when I buy a game at full price.  Quality of gameplay, interest in the story/plot, and trophies.  If any of those three lead to extreme disappointment before I even buy the game I refuse to pay full price for it.  

The gameplay and story have me really interested, but the moment a dev decides to cater to the ultra hardcore with trophies I refuse to give them my money.  I'll possibly buy it cheap down the line, or I'll just borrow it from my brother since he's still getting it.

And to those laughing about my cancelling it, I have better things to do and plenty of games to play.

Why should I spend my $60 on something I won't get my full enjoyment out of? For me to fully enjoy a game, trophies are important enough to skip a game.

If you can't understand that, then that's ok.  Everyone finds enjoyment in their own way.  I find I can't even finish most games if there is a trophy that is beyond my time and skill trophy in the list, or no trophies at all (Nintendo).

I'd rather catch up on my backlog of doable 100%'s, than waste 100's of hours on one game that I'd need to be virtually flawless on for 10+ hours straight.  Don't have that kind of time.

Man get a grip. so now you have better things to do since you cant get all the trophies lol, & you wont buy Wolf 2 just because of 1 trophy, boy gaming has come a long way..

17 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

LOL the irony!!! xD

On 10/23/2017 at 3:05 PM, Mr Panda said:

Looks like a decent list! Looking forward to trying it on 'Mein leben" difficulty'

Now that the game is out 'Mein Leben" difficulty' is no joke. 

No auto or manual saves, same difficulty and all the aspects of "I am death incarnate!", and the major kicker is that if you die once, that is it, have to start over from the beginning. Doesn't matter if you reach the final boss 10 hours later and get accidentally killed, you die once, and that is it. Start over.

Can already predict the salt from some trophy hunters but never the less, this is still gonna be a fun game to play! Been looking forward to this game for awhile since its first showcase at E3!

12 minutes ago, JesterZelfer96 said:

Now that the game is out 'Mein Leben" difficulty' is no joke. 

No auto or manual saves, same difficulty and all the aspects of "I am death incarnate!", and the major kicker is that if you die once, that is it, have to start over from the beginning. Doesn't matter if you reach the final boss 10 hours later and get accidentally killed, you die once, and that is it. Start over.

Can already predict the salt from some trophy hunters but never the less, this is still gonna be a fun game to play! Been looking forward to this game for awhile since its first showcase at E3!

While playing through I am death incarnate I have been making some paths to make mein leben easy and some of them have been ruined by a bug involving sneak R3 actually doing nothing to the diesels (God damnit bethesda)

Edit: Even if I restart game it's still broken

Fun game y'all

Edited by PixelatedPortal

On 10/26/2017 at 1:18 PM, Snake2410 said:

That fact that a single trophy is enough to completely nullify all aspects of the game is boggling to me. Trophies are just artificial, digital "you did good" awards. They are fun little incentives to go for and adds more challenges for the players to explore. Those who completely change their opinion of a game just because one "bad" trophy and completely rejects it because it will look bad on their profile really needs to re-evaluate their own priorities and perspectives on themselves.

But hey, that's a person own personal opinion, view, and perception on a subject. I can keep preaching but it it is up to the individual to actually reflect and think critically about the subject. It's also their life so do whatever I guess.

4 minutes ago, PixelatedPortal said:

While playing through I am death incarnate I have been making some paths to make mein leben easy and some of them have been ruined by a bug involving sneak R3 actually doing nothing to the diesels (God damnit bethesda)

Haven't played the game yet but from the previous game, I do remember some sneak kills just not connecting. I still remember in the castle when I was trying to sneak my way through, I was down to the last two guys to kill. I thought I had it in the bag but the game teleported me in front of the guard while I was in the stealth kill animation. Needless to say, thanks to the Bethesda quality we know and love, that was a moment that made me laugh so much.

Hopefully, it goes well though for ya!

9 minutes ago, JesterZelfer96 said:

Haven't played the game yet but from the previous game, I do remember some sneak kills just not connecting. I still remember in the castle when I was trying to sneak my way through, I was down to the last two guys to kill. I thought I had it in the bag but the game teleported me in front of the guard while I was in the stealth kill animation. Needless to say, thanks to the Bethesda quality we know and love, that was a moment that made me laugh so much.

Hopefully, it goes well though for ya!

I still can pull this area off with the same strat but this could ruin future strats I could come up with (Thanks Bethesda)

I would be fine with the trophy but with stuff like that happening I get a bit more annoyed by it