Is anyone else looking forward to trying to plat it?

Yrva

Just now, aZombieDictator said:

Exactly.  I wouldn't even attempt it once as is because I'd be so paranoid of something happening that's not under my control.

I think there will be methods or strategies that cut down the game time significantly, or at least it's not actually as long as we think it is after some practice. It's still rather unfair, but I know I'm willing to try at least.

8 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Well it's not about being entitled. Plenty of people would love a challenge, but this isn't even a challenge. It's torture. It's absolutely unfair to have to go through a 10 hour game with no way to save progress. Things happens that aren't under your control. Power can go out anytime, your console could freeze or crash.  If they gave you saves like how Evil Within did, that'd make this ok. Like one save per chapter, or 5-10 total saves. People see how unfair this is and the things that could happen beyond your control. That's the problem with this trophy.

I don't know where you live, but I don't remember power shortage in last two or three years. Console crashing? I had PSX/PSOne/PS2 and I can count how many times they froze or crashed, I've had PS4 for 4 months, it's on every day for at least 8 hours, haven't crashed or froze once. 

I believe, some achievements/trophies should be super hardcore and only dedicated and hardcore people should get them, that's what makes them special. It's been over 10 years and I'm still pissed I missed my Scarab Lord title (if you know what it is then you know what that meant back then) by two weeks.

Just because there are trophies, doesn't mean everyone should be able to get all of them. And people canceling orders or activating the game on a second account is ridiculous. That is my opinion, feel free hate me.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, theSpirae said:

I don't know where you live, but I don't remember power shortage in last two or three years. Console crashing? I had PSX/PSOne/PS2 and I can count how many times they froze or crashed, I've had PS4 for 4 months, it's on every day for at least 8 hours, haven't crashed or froze once. 

I believe, some achievements/trophies should be super hardcore and only dedicated and hardcore people should get them, that's what makes them special. It's been over 10 years and I'm still pissed I missed my Scarab Lord title (if you know what it is then you know what that meant back then) by two weeks.

Just because there are trophies, doesn't mean everyone should be able to get all of them. And people canceling orders or activating the game on a second account is ridiculous. That is my opinion, feel free hate me.

I get that, but in my country (at least the area where I live) when the weather gets hotter and people start using air conditioners we start getting power cuts

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ManaFear said:

I think there will be methods or strategies that cut down the game time significantly, or at least it's not actually as long as we think it is after some practice. It's still rather unfair, but I know I'm willing to try at least.

That's part of what I see everyone missing the point on. Sure the game is 10 - 15 hours long if it's your first playthrough but by the time you're legit attempting Mein Leben it won't be near that long. I've seen a video of Ironman on TNO which is effectively the same as Mein Leben and that took the person just over 4.5 hours. It's not like they're asking you to sit and do a 15 hour session of the game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gage said:

That's part of what I see everyone missing the point on. Sure the game is 10 - 15 hours long if it's your first playthrough but by the time you're legit attempting Mein Leben it won't be near that long. I've seen a video of Ironman on TNO which is effectively the same as Mein Leben and that took the person just over 4.5 hours. It's not like they're asking you to sit and do a 15 hour session of the game. 

Yeah this is kinda exactly what I was thinking. No way it'll be 10 hours or longer, but I can't say I can make an estimate yet tbh.

2 hours ago, theSpirae said:

I 100% agree with YOU :) Im happy for this diffculty :D I will never give up, until i have this platt. EVEN if i have to play the game for a month straight :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theSpirae said:

I've had games crash on me plenty of times. Not console freeze, but just a crash to the PlayStation menu. And when when there's bad weather power outages can easily happen. Had my my power go out quite a few times while on PlayStation cause of bad weather.

And I agree the cancellation thing is ridiculous. It's probably just from those people that have to have 100% on every game they play. I'll play plenty of games knowing far well I won't Platinum it, as long as I enjoy it why's it matter if I get every Trophy or not? Keeping 100% completion would destroy me and make me not like gaming as much as I do. There'd be so many awesome games I would never play if I was one of those 100% completion people. But they have their own agenda and if they don't wanna play Wolfenstein because of one trophy that's their problem.

1 hour ago, BloodyRutz said:

All the people crying about "power cuts", "freezing" and other bs are the ones who would cheat the trophy via cloud backup :)

What are you talking about? So you wouldn’t mind if you were 7 hours into the game and the power suddenly decides to cut? It wouldn’t make you mad?

power cutting or game freezing while attempting a trophy such as this is worse than dying because at least dying to the enemies is your own fault.

• Like 2

Bought the first 2 games on sale and enjoyed them so I will wait for this game to go on sale also, no hurry to buy it on release.

I didn't have any problem beating the first 2 in Uber difficulty so I'm expecting the same for The New Colossus. But clearing the game in one sitting also sounds really BS.

I guess I will attempt to plat it once I have the game, but if it's too unreasonable then I just quit, my enjoyment is way more important than some trophies.

I thought the first game was excellent, I will never have the patience or skill to get the Plat for this one ... I remember getting killed in some sections of the original literally 10 times in a row on Uber it was hard enough already if you ask me. I think alot of people used a glitch to finish uber in the original game but I did mine legit and I must have easily died 200+ times over the whole game.

Anyway my profile is already has impossible plats so no biggie, if it reviews well I will pick it up in a sale next year after the DLC is released.

3 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

All the people crying about "power cuts", "freezing" and other bs are the ones who would cheat the trophy via cloud backup :)

I totally would not do it. I love tough platinums