Is anyone else looking forward to trying to plat it?

Yrva

I mean, don't get me wrong, the "Mein luben" difficulty sounds extremely tough and will definitely be what stops some people from even trying to plat the game, but I'm looking forward to at least trying and potentially having that prestigious trophy on my profile! And besides all that, it's still probably going to be a great game, so I don't think people should be writing it off all together just because a single trophy may stop them from getting the plat. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Muskratateer said:

It's giving me a confusion that people are canceling pre orders over it, i played it at PAX west, it's gonna be a good game who cares if one trophy might take a platinum away.  A good game with hard trophies is still worth playing

People are actually cancelling their pre order cus of one trophy?? Wow

My biggest issue with that trophy is how you supposedly can't skip a big portion of cutscenes - talk about time wasters.

I mean maybe it happens on your first try but I think a majority of people who get that trophy will have tried many many times before they get it, have fun watching the same cutscene for the 10th time ?

• Like 3

im not, trying to beat it on the hardest difficulty i think ill wait till its on sale in a year. i unfortunately bought the last one brand new and platinumed it in a day and its been on my shelf ever since. its like i platinumed the last one way to fast, and this one will be way to long i need balance! lol

3 hours ago, Gwendly said:

My biggest issue with that trophy is how you supposedly can't skip a big portion of cutscenes - talk about time wasters.

I mean maybe it happens on your first try but I think a majority of people who get that trophy will have tried many many times before they get it, have fun watching the same cutscene for the 10th time 1f616.png

dude i totally agree, have had games like that in the past i cant remember which one specifically but there was one i had to replay alot and it drove me insane!

No, but I'll gladly be part of the thousands of reasons (i.e. users with incomplete profiles) for why the rarity percentage is so low, so you can net an ultra rare platinum for your trophy cabinet.

As said (in far lengthier terms) in the other thread, I don't have the time or dedication for this if it's really as bad as I've read. Not going to stop me from enjoying an amazing game (day one buy), but it's certainly going to kill any drive I have to try and pursue it all the way.

• Like 1

I'm just excited to play it. Not gonna worry about trophies at all until a second play through. I typically just buy the games I wanna play and if I can't Platinum them, oh well. At least I enjoyed beating the game. Based on the mein leben Trophy I highly doubt I'll Platinum it. I don't have the patience and my anger would get the best of me.

Edit: Well R.I.P. Wolfenstein Platinum. I ain't getting it that's for sure. 

http://www.powerpyx.com/wolfenstein-2-the-new-colossus-mein-leben-difficulty-is-permadeath/

Edited by aZombieDictator

So I went and read a bunch of other forums about the trophy and the consensus is it's a bullshit trophy. Lots of people really agitated which I understand. Playing a 10 hour game with no saves is absolutely bullshit. What happens if power cuts off or your game crashes or console freezes? And Wolfenstein is all about dying until you figure out what works. Think about how many times you've died in the other Wolfenstein games. The difficulty being there is fine but a bronze trophy for it is just not fair. I'm definitely just gonna do one playthrough of this game and wait to see if the developers do anything about the trophy.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

So I went and read a bunch of other forums about the trophy and the consensus is it's a bullshit trophy. Lots of people really agitated which I understand. Playing a 10 hour game with no saves is absolutely bullshit. What happens if power cuts off or your game crashes or console freezes? And Wolfenstein is all about dying until you figure out what works. Think about how many times you've died in the other Wolfenstein games. The difficulty being there is fine but a bronze trophy for it is just not fair. I'm definitely just gonna do one playthrough of this game and wait to see if the developers do anything about the trophy.

I hope I can remove that trial and error for mein leben by making a super detailed trophy guide (Chapter by chapter)

• Like 1

I wouldn't say I'm really looking forward to playing the game on Mein leben, but I'm going to give it a bloody good go. :P I'm sure the game is going to be awesome, and I'm not one to let difficult trophies stop me playing a game. It will be a nice platinum to add to the collection for sure.

24 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Edit: Well R.I.P. Wolfenstein Platinum. I ain't getting it that's for sure. 

http://www.powerpyx.com/wolfenstein-2-the-new-colossus-mein-leben-difficulty-is-permadeath/

3 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

So I went and read a bunch of other forums about the trophy and the consensus is it's a bullshit trophy. Lots of people really agitated which I understand. Playing a 10 hour game with no saves is absolutely bullshit. What happens if power cuts off or your game crashes or console freezes? And Wolfenstein is all about dying until you figure out what works. Think about how many times you've died in the other Wolfenstein games. The difficulty being there is fine but a bronze trophy for it is just not fair. I'm definitely just gonna do ok playthrough of this game and wait to see if the developers do anything about the trophy.

Yeah, that's pretty nuts. I figured they would at least let you exit the game and continue where you left off. At least you can use the suspend and resume feature on PS4, meaning you don't necessarily have to play the entire game in one sitting. I don't think the other Wolfenstein games had any issues with crashing, so I hope that's the case with this one too. It sounds like you're going to need know the game inside out before you even attempt this trophy.

Ok so cutscenes are not skippable at all and you can't do chapter select for collectibles. You miss one collectible you gotta get all 300 again. This is one of the worst designed trophy lists I've seen. It's completely unfair and works against us Trophy Hunters. I am getting the game on launch, but I think I'm gonna shelf it for a bit. At least until I'm done with Origins and Mario Odyssey.

And I do the have Platinum in the new order and that was a great list, I did it I'm two days, but they completely screwed the Trophy Hunters with this list.

13 minutes ago, PixelatedPortal said:

I hope I can remove that trial and error for mein leben by making a super detailed trophy guide (Chapter by chapter)

Well according to someone enemy spawns are random. So good luck making a detailed guide with the spawns apparently not being the same everytime.

Well, I really don't see myself going for Mein Leben since I don't want to have to leave the console on or put it in rest mode all the time. That's even assuming I never die which I know I certainly would. It would devastate me if I got halfway through the game or near the end and then died only having to do the whole thing over again, so that sort of thing isn't for me. But I still want to be able to support the devs and the franchise because Wolfenstein and Doom are awesome in their own right.

I am going for plat 100% and maybe twice aswell (Haven't decided yet) :) BRING IT MACHINE GAMES  :D

55 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Ok so cutscenes are not skippable at all and you can't do chapter select for collectibles. You miss one collectible you gotta get all 300 again. This is one of the worst designed trophy lists I've seen. It's completely unfair and works against us Trophy Hunters. I am getting the game on launch, but I think I'm gonna shelf it for a bit. At least until I'm done with Origins and Mario Odyssey.

And I do the have Platinum in the new order and that was a great list, I did it I'm two days, but they completely screwed the Trophy Hunters with this list.

Well according to someone enemy spawns are random. So good luck making a detailed guide with the spawns apparently not being the same everytime.

Spoiler

No they are not random. Only if you trigger an alarm it spawns extra.

Edited by DividedByMankind

6 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

I am going for plat 100% and maybe twice aswell (Haven't decided yet) :) BRING IT MACHINE GAMES  :D

Hide contents

No they are not random. Only if you trigger an alarm it spawns extra.

Spoiler

If it really is not random, I'll promise I make a guide detailing every enemy so you can take the safest stealth approach

1 hour ago, theSpirae said:

I hope they are going to keep the trophy the way it is (just make cutscenes skippable). People seem to be entitled too much; ooh, this is too much, please devs, change it.

Well it's not about being entitled. Plenty of people would love a challenge, but this isn't even a challenge. It's torture. It's absolutely unfair to have to go through a 10 hour game with no way to save progress. Things happens that aren't under your control. Power can go out anytime, your console could freeze or crash.  If they gave you saves like how Evil Within did, that'd make this ok. Like one save per chapter, or 5-10 total saves. People see how unfair this is and the things that could happen beyond your control. That's the problem with this trophy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Well it's not about being entitled. Plenty of people would love a challenge, but this isn't even a challenge. It's torture. It's absolutely unfair to have to go through a 10 hour game with no way to save progress. Things happens that aren't under your control. Power can go out anytime, your console could freeze or crash.  If they gave you saves like how Evil Within did, that'd make this ok. Like one save per chapter, or 5-10 total saves. People see how unfair this is and the things that could happen beyond your control. That's the problem with this trophy.

Yeah it's quite unfair. My issue is that around this time of the year power cuts get really common around here and it also requires 10 hours of constant focus as it's probabbly not a cake walk

2 minutes ago, PixelatedPortal said:

Yeah it's quite unfair. My issue is that around this time of the year power cuts get really common around here and it also requires 10 hours of constant focus as it's probabbly not a cake walk

Exactly.  I wouldn't even attempt it once as is because I'd be so paranoid of something happening that's not under my control.