Kill Your Completion V

6 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Thanks for the update. And thanks for teaching our youth! 

Are you in the Toronto metroplex of Ontario or out in the NW part (Thunder Bay)?

While I am originally from Thunder Bay, I am currently working about an hour north of Toronto.  Nice to see someone who realizes there is more to Ontario than the GTA and NCR since the governments often forget.

6 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Thanks for including the soundtrack - that's one hell of a list! Can't believe they got the Stones on board with some of their best tracks.  You might be interested in the soundtrack for Ken Burns' Vietnam documentary. It's on iTunes. It has some iconic tracks as well. And it's one phenomenal documentary.

Funny thing is, it's not the kind of music I'd listen to in my free time. For some reason I like listening to it when it's in the right setting (games/movies/TV shows that run in that era. I'll make sure to check out that documentary!

46 minutes ago, dizzyshadow said:

Game 1

Lego Star Wars – The Force Awakens (vita)

L352f99.png

I think most people will have played a lego game at some point or at least be familiar with the concept. But just in case if you haven’t they are a fairly simple 3d platformer, clearly targeted at younger gamers, but they are also a rare (these days) 2 player couch Coop game.

It's kind of funny as the games/toys are intended for younger audiences, but I think most people that buy LEGO-related things these days grew up in the 70s/80s/90s (as in collectors). I'm not sure to what extent kids these days are interested in playing with these types of toys (same goes for Playmobil for example). I'd think kids nowadays either play outside or watch TV / be in front of a PC.when they're home.

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

It's kind of funny as the games/toys are intended for younger audiences, but I think most people that buy LEGO-related things these days grew up in the 70s/80s/90s (as in collectors). I'm not sure to what extent kids these days are interested in playing with these types of toys (same goes for Playmobil for example). I'd think kids nowadays either play outside or watch TV / be in front of a PC.when they're home.

I think kids do still like toys like this, or at least mine do, I sometimes think our house is buried under a huge pile of Lego, Playmobil etc. but you are definitely right about people who grew up with it buying a lot of Lego now, in fact even my Dad (who is in his 60's) had a Lego set for Christmas last year (at his request) & I have a Playmobil Stay Puft Marshmallow man on my desk at home.

2 hours ago, mking_63 said:

@dizzyshadow The part about reusing pieces in different builds sounds interesting. The Lego games were in dire need of something resembling a puzzle mechanic. For all the franchise action games they release I would really like to see a new Lego Racers game. You ever play those?

Unfortunately not, i was quite late to console gaming, my first ever console was a Gamecube, so i missed out on a lot games that were on earlier consoles. If they did decide to remake one it could be really interesting, particularly with all the different franchises they have access to now.

3 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

7 minutes ago, dizzyshadow said:

I think kids do still like toys like this, or at least mine do, I sometimes think our house is buried under a huge pile of Lego, Playmobil etc. but you are definitely right about people who grew up with it buying a lot of Lego now, in fact even my Dad (who is in his 60's) had a Lego set for Christmas last year (at his request) & I have a Playmobil Stay Puft Marshmallow man on my desk at home

I grew up on LEGO and still buy sets (I'm in my thirties now, and I mainly concentrate on Star Wars vehicles but I also have stuff like the Tower Bridge).

I gave my dad (sixties) a big LEGO castle set, at his request and which stands on display in the guest room.

My nephew from my wife's side (under ten) is into LEGO and loves spending time at our place now that he knows I'm into LEGO too and if he's with us I'll debrick a large set for him and let him build it again.

LEGO is for all ages, though the surrounding media is mainly kid-oriented.

I really liked the LEGO Movie and LEGO Batman Movie for how many jokes aimed at the adults they had.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Anyway, the game is pure mediocrity that a step away from being a bad game.

Time played: 3h

Trophies earned: 12/25

PS: Over a 100 collectibles and no counter for them? Fuck off...

I completely agree. Just barely palatable.

As for the collectibles, be very careful. The guide I used had the levels that each milestone trophy should pop. It's a good indicator if you missed one. 

Also great tip: if you die after getting a collectible, but before a checkpoint, you must go back and get it again; it will not save. 

Good luck. 

25 minutes ago, Jaguargenie said:

I completely agree. Just barely palatable.

As for the collectibles, be very careful. The guide I used had the levels that each milestone trophy should pop. It's a good indicator if you missed one. 

Also great tip: if you die after getting a collectible, but before a checkpoint, you must go back and get it again; it will not save. 

Good luck. 

Yeah, I've a word document that I edit after each level with the collectibles I picked up. I actually thought I missed a collectible as I didn't see the trophy pop. I was already thinking that I had to redo a ton of levels, but luckily I just didn't notice the trophy popping as I was too focused on trying to finish the level. I'll probably try to wrap up the game next week just to get the plat out over and done with..

19 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

Can I join late? I've been out of town the past week so I haven't had a chance to play games at all. I'm literally hanging out in the airport right now for my flight home. The last trophy I unlocked was October 29th so my stats are still the same.

Pm me your list and plan. No promises. 

18 minutes ago, Cubone said:

That's too bad, I was hoping this would be good. It's from the makers of Thomas Was Alone, isn't it?

Yeah, it's from the same guys. I saw the developer Mike Bithell on a Podcast once, where he was shilling both games at every opportunity he had. Personally I've never felt any urge to ever try Thomas Was Alone as I can't find anything appealing about that game.

40 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Yeah, it's from the same guys. I saw the developer Mike Bithell on a Podcast once, where he was shilling both games at every opportunity he had. Personally I've never felt any urge to ever try Thomas Was Alone as I can't find anything appealing about that game.

... Can it be called "shilling" if you're the creator yourself?

I liked Thomas Was Alone a lot myself. Not that difficult but its themes and story were very good.

21 minutes ago, Cubone said:

... Can it be called "shilling" if you're the creator yourself?

I liked Thomas Was Alone a lot myself. Not that difficult but its themes and story were very good.

Well, even if you just call it plain advertising, it was still obnoxious as hell, as that basically was his only contribution to a 3 hours podcast.