Kill Your Completion V

26 minutes ago, mking_63 said:

How is this for some blatant disregard for my completion rate? :lol:

1. Final Fantasy XIV (PS4)
  2. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PS Vita)
  3. Transistor (PS4)
  4. Ys Origin (PS4)
  5. Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
  6. Strike Vector EX (PS4)
  7. Strider (PS4)
  8. Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS4)
  9. Batman Arkham Knight
  10. Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD (PS3)

I'm starting this event with a completion rate of 83.68% which is down 3.35% from the start of the last event when I had 87.03%. I imagine it will be even lower by the end of this month for quite some time. Thanks for hosting Hemiak.

I've actually been itching for getting back into fighting games, but I can't be arsed installing any xD. I used to go ham on SSFIV when I had my first ps3, to the point where the rubber coating on the left thumbstick of my controller literally disintegrated. Been getting my fix over the weekend by watching the Canada Cup 2017 Street Fighter V tournament though.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

My list so far is as follows

1. Lili: child of Geos
  2. Tomb Raider Definitive edition
  3. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5
  4. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
  5. Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happyness
  6. Portal Knights
  7. Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus
  8. Asemblance
  9. Alienation
  10. Kins's Quest

I might swap Lili: Child of Geos with another game depending on the theme for Monthly Madness next month

@voodoo_eyes Tell me if you want to play Portal Knigts at the same time. We migth be able to play together.

I'd be up for that. Would it be possible for you to put it at 4th spot? As I'll already be playing Hardline in the 6th slot with @Ditto .

3 hours ago, mking_63 said:

How is this for some blatant disregard for my completion rate? :lol:

1. Final Fantasy XIV (PS4)
  2. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PS Vita)
  3. Transistor (PS4)
  4. Ys Origin (PS4)
  5. Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
  6. Strike Vector EX (PS4)
  7. Strider (PS4)
  8. Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS4)
  9. Batman Arkham Knight
  10. Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD (PS3)

I'm starting this event with a completion rate of 83.68% which is down 3.35% from the start of the last event when I had 87.03%. I imagine it will be even lower by the end of this month for quite some time. Thanks for hosting Hemiak.

@mking_63, meet Injustice. Lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I'd be up for that. Would it be possible for you to put it at 4th spot? As I'll already be playing Hardline in the 6th slot with @Ditto .

Sure. I'll can swap Portal Knights with Book of Unwritten Tales 2.

So my new list is this

4. Portal Knights
  6. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
  8. Asemblance
  9. Alienation
  10. Kings's Quest

4 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

1. Grand Ages Medieval (PS4). A Civilization-like strategy game. Big in scope so it goes against what I just wrote above, but I promised a guy to boost the MP trophies with him next week.

2. Mahjong World Contest (PS4). I need a short game here as I leave for Phoenix on Sunday. 

3. Eventide: A Slavic Tale (PS4). My traditional Artifex Mundi game! I enjoy these games for some "passive gaming." It will work in    

the slot as I'll be in Phoenix all week for work.

4. Truck Racer (PS3). A PS+ game. Looking for boosters on the MP trophies - any takers???

5. Battlefield 1 (PS4). My first foray into the Battlefield series.

6. The Sexy Brutale (PS4). Voodoo's reputation is at stake. B)

7. Old Time Hockey (PS4). Hoping, praying, this will play like NHL 94 on the Sega 16.

8. Fragments of Him (PS4). Change of pace game.

9. Need For Speed (PS4). My first foray into the NFS series.

10. Mafia II (PS3). End the event with an open world game I can just continue on with into Dec. And, it's eating up a ton of space on my PS3.

Mafia 2 isn't really open world. It's a pretty linear game. There's very little to do beneath the story. It's a great game though. Just to let you know.

If you want a real open world Mafia you have to play Mafia 3.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

I've been anxiously anticipating this event - thanks Hemiak! (BTW- I'm rooting for the Astros!!)

Here's a brief rundown on what I've been up to since the July CYOA event. I completed all five games I chose for that event, but please, hold the applause. Out of the 131 trophies in the five games, only six trophies were "rare" or under. But the titles went well with my theme of Short, Sweet and Most Likely Stupid, given my work and vacation schedule that month. Games that were Sweet in that event were Submerged, Flower and Grim Legends: The Forsake Bride. Falling under Stupid were Wheels of Aurelia and Day of the Tentacle. 

For this event, I will go the 10/3 option but will have to play a few games in advance of their allotted slots because of a work trip and the Thanksgiving holiday. I also am trying to be more strategic in my slotting of games, putting bigger games in the back end so I can pick them up in December. I learned a hard lesson with Shadow of Mordor in KYC3. It led off the event but trying to pick it back up after a month long lay-off was too hard. So there it still sits - a great game with a D rating on my profile. :(

Here's my List for KYC V:

1. Grand Ages Medieval (PS4). A Civilization-like strategy game. Big in scope so it goes against what I just wrote above, but I promised a guy to boost the MP trophies with him next week.

2. Mahjong World Contest (PS4). I need a short game here as I leave for Phoenix on Sunday. 

3. Eventide: A Slavic Tale (PS4). My traditional Artifex Mundi game! I enjoy these games for some "passive gaming." It will work in  the slot as I'll be in Phoenix all week for work.

4. Truck Racer (PS3). A PS+ game. Looking for boosters on the MP trophies - any takers???

5. Battlefield 1 (PS4). My first foray into the Battlefield series.

6. The Sexy Brutale (PS4). Voodoo's reputation is at stake. B)

7. Old Time Hockey (PS4). Hoping, praying, this will play like NHL 94 on the Sega 16.

8. Fragments of Him (PS4). Change of pace game.

9. Need For Speed (PS4). My first foray into the NFS series.

10. Mafia II (PS3). End the event with an open world game I can just continue on with into Dec. And, it's eating up a ton of space on my PS3.

Of course, my trend is to switch out a title mid-event due to unforseen circumstances and I'm grateful to Hemiak for that. But this should be my concrete list, unless someone knows of one of these being glitchy (I am the Glitch Magnet).

Should be fun with old vets and rookies! But Hem, can we make a new rule? No Pokeman Profiles!

I'M in the same boat with Shadow of Mordor. I started it years ago and then stopped to play something else. Now I'll probably have to start over once I decide to pick it back up again.

Also Mafia II is a great game. One of my favourite ps3 games. Then again I might be biased as I love gangster movies and the setting in that game is fantastic.

9 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Sure. I'll can swap Portal Knights with Book of Unwritten Tales 2.

So my new list is this

4. Portal Knights
  6. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
  8. Asemblance
  9. Alienation
  10. Kings's Quest

Mafia 2 isn't really open world. It's a pretty linear game. There's very little to do beneath the story. It's a great game though. Just to let you know.

If you want a real open world Mafia you have to play Mafia 3.

Great! Portal Knights on at 4th spot it is then :) .

Of course there's other stuff to do in Mafia II, like cruising through the city in one of them vintage cars listening to the amazing music on the radio xD .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Great! Portal Knights on at 4th spot it is then :) .

Of course there's other stuff to do in Mafia II, like cruising through the city in one of them vintage cars listening to the amazing music on the radio xD .

I meant stuff like side activities but yes you can drive around for no reason :lol:

1 hour ago, Ditto said:

@PerryToxteth Yes, fuck those "Pokemen." :P If you meant Pokémon, then I guess I'm in trouble. Can't change my name for so many more days. 

Ha! I could blame it on mistyping but I wont. I predate  Pokèmon so that indicates I'm a solid Gen Xer instead of Gen Y. Yeah, I'm old, but all the kids these days still dig the movies I got to see in the theaters. RIP John Hughes.

Basically, it took me days to figure out who you and Billy were. So no more Pokèmon!! ;)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Basically, it took me days to figure out who you and Billy were. So no more Pokèmon!! ;)

Well, I can't control the fine men and women of PSNP. If more decide to change their names and avatars, it's certainly not my fault. I mean, it's not like I'm trying to recruit them or anything. :ninja:

7 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I've actually been itching for getting back into fighting games, but I can't be arsed installing any xD. I used to go ham on SSFIV when I had my first ps3, to the point where the rubber coating on the left thumbstick of my controller literally disintegrated. Been getting my fix over the weekend by watching the Canada Cup 2017 Street Fighter V tournament though.

I used to think I was really good at fighting games until online consoles became a thing and it turned out I was just a scrub. Back on the PS1 I loved playing Street Fighter EX 1 & 2. Such a shame Kairi and Skullomania never made the jump over to the main series. It's kind of funny since if you look at all of the games SF4 and 5 look more like sequels to the EX series than they do to SF2 and 3, imo.

@Cubone Hope you like Sky Force Anniversary. I picked it up from PS+ as well and had a lot of fun with it. It's a pretty little old school shoot em up that sort of reminded me of the Aerofighter games but it has the ability to grind levels for permanent upgrades so in a sense it becomes easier but even fully powered up the last 2 levels are still quite challenging. I don't think I even bothered taking the last level up beyond the second difficulty setting. Anyways, let's see if you can knock me down a peg from (currently) 34th fastest achiever on the leaderboard with a completion time of 1 day, 19hrs. :devil:

Edited by mking_63

3 hours ago, Jaguargenie said:

I'm in. I'm really torn, but since my wife and I are hosting her family for Thanksgiving, most of that week is out. So I'm going to have to go with the 5/6 schedule. Maybe I will try and squeeze in some bonus games on the 10/3 schedule if @Hemiak will allow it. 

- Salt & Sanctuary 

- Marvel heroes omega

- Undertale

- Crysis 3

- Fallout 4

Potential Bonus Games:

- Darkest Dungeon

- Banner Saga

- What Remains of Edith Finch

This was one of the exceptions I was talking about. You know you have company or a trip and can't play for like 6 days. Do 8 games 3 days each. Totally fine. 

Just last time several people, myself included,  were starting games willy-nilly and bouncing around. I just felt it made everything kind of hard to follow. 

Also I didn't put it in the OP but if you're using a nickname on the forums please post a link to your psn profile with your list. You can edit it in to your original post, no need to put something new up. I'm not going to bother trying to figure out who is who and deal with your identity crisis. 

13 minutes ago, mking_63 said:

I used to think I was really good at fighting games until online consoles became a thing and it turned out I was just a scrub. Back on the PS1 I loved playing Street Fighter EX 1 & 2. Such a shame Kairi and Skullomania never made the jump over to the main series. It's kind of funny since if you look at all of the games SF4 and 5 look more like sequels to the EX series than they do to SF2 and 3, imo.

@Cubone Hope you like Sky Force Anniversary. I picked it up from PS+ as well and had a lot of fun with it. It's a pretty little old school shoot em up that sort of reminded me of the Aerofighter games but it has the ability to grind levels for permanent upgrades so in a sense it becomes easier but even fully powered up the last 2 levels are still quite challenging. I don't think I even bothered taking the last level up beyond the second difficulty setting. Anyways, let's see if you can knock me down a peg from (currently) 34th fastest achiever on the leaderboard with a completion time of 1 day, 19hrs. :devil:

I only played SF II on the SNES and arcades back when I could barely look over the fighting console of the arcade cabinet. Also thought I was pretty good at the game as I had no problem finishing the game with almost any character I picked (although the arcade was probably set to easy). After that I tried MK on PC, which I was terrible at. In my teens I used to go to the arcades with my cousins and play the hell out of KoF '98. Then there was a whole lot of nothing for me until SF IV came out. Still gutted that Blanka was left out of V, as he was one of my favourite characters.