Kill Your Completion V

23 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

This game also has a multiplayer mode which I haven't tested yet. I want to test it on the third day if it isn't dead.

good you are enjoying the game :) I've got all trophy's except any online.. I didn't even want to try the online part :( If you like it, I might give a go for the plat with the remaining online trophy's ... 

21 minutes ago, vin_rob said:

good you are enjoying the game :) I've got all trophy's except any online.. I didn't even want to try the online part :( If you like it, I might give a go for the plat with the remaining online trophy's ... 

Count me in if you want to boost them :)

1 hour ago, vin_rob said:

38 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Count me in if you want to boost them :)

We could try to play a bit together. I don't know how many people are needed to boost the trophies but maybe we can find some others.

Maybe after the event would be better than during the event for the boosting part.

Do you have time tomorrow evening at around 7 pm? (monday) I ty to play the multiplayer at this time.

@vin_rob @Psy-Tychist @MarkusT1992

Most of Tomb Raider's online can be done with 3. You need 4 to start a Ranked Match, though, and the trophy "I'm all that!" is for winning in each ranked mode. Most of the trophies can be done in 2-3 hours. Then there's the grind to level 60.. You can do that solo, though. Otherwise, I think the other method is to keep blowing each other up with grenade launchers. Either way, it takes awhile. I binged a 13 episode season of a show while grinding out both versions. Lol.

If you need a 4th for the ranked part, I should be around then. This is one of those PS4 games I refuse to delete from my hard drive, for whatever reason. :/ 

3 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

We could try to play a bit together. I don't know how many people are needed to boost the trophies but maybe we can find some others.

Maybe after the event would be better than during the event for the boosting part.

Do you have time tomorrow evening at around 7 pm? (monday) I ty to play the multiplayer at this time.

I would definitely try to set up boosting sessions for this, the regular MP is awful. I will always remember this game's MP as a Bunny Hunt. Most MP players repeatedly hop around like bunny, making them a harder target. It's just plain dumb.  As Damaging Rob said, you can boost Level 60 solo, but it is monotonously dull. If you can speed it up with 2-3 players, do it. 

On 11/3/2017 at 8:02 PM, Melanogaster1987 said:

Game #1 of 10: Pinball Arcade

A pinball simulation game that features real pinball machines from the top manufacturers (Williams, Bally and Gottlieb machines, mostly). The first table (Tales of the Arabian Nights) is free to download, but if you want more than just this one machine, you're going to have to buy DLC table packs or season packs. This gets very expensive if you want to buy everything like I did (all six seasons currently available weighs in at almost £150 on the UK PSN store), but there is a ton of content here - over 80 tables out now, with another one being released each month. If you like "playing the silver ball", you're getting potentially thousands of hours of gameplay for your money.

A game like this can only be as good as the real-life tables it is simulating, and The Pinball Arcade really hits it out of the park here. You don't get just any pinball machines, you get an all-star lineup of the best tables ever made. Check the top rated list on the Internet Pinball Machine Database (ipdb.org) and you'll see that the vast majority of the top 100 solid-state tables are included. Many of the top ones not in the game are based on movies or TV series - licensing would be a problem for these. When it comes to the range of tables, the developers (FarSight Studios) simply couldn't have done better than this regarding quality. However, I do wish that more tables from the early years of pinball history were included - we currently have lots of tables spanning from 1966 to the 21st century; and they do a mighty fine job of showcasing how pinball has evolved over the decades, but I would like to have seen a handful of machines from the 1930s, '40s and '50s as well, to give us a taste of what the game was like in its infancy.

As for the accuracy of the simulated machines, I'm pleased to report that the in-game tables seem to be recreated exactly like their real-life counterparts. I've been searching for pictures and videos of the real things for a few of the tables on offer, and everything on the playfield looks and sounds just like it should in The Pinball Arcade. Gameplay modes and scoring rules are all present and correct, too. The first pinball machine I ever played in real life was High Speed II: The Getaway, back when I was 7, and trying it out in The Pinball Arcade 22 years later brought some good memories of my many hours spent in arcades as a kid flooding back. That nostalgic experience might not have happened without all the little details being right.

All of the above is great, but pinball games live and die by their ball physics, and it would be a crying shame if this was messed up - I've played some bad pinball games in the past whose interpretation of physics would have had Isaac Newton spinning in his grave! Fortunately, The Pinball Arcade does a good job here as well. Apart from one or two times where the ball plunger seemed a bit reluctant to spring the ball into play with sufficient force, I haven't noticed any real problems with the physics. However, maybe there is a bit of room for improvement, given that those on the Pinball Arcade forums who have far more experience than me when it comes to playing the real things are in near-universal agreement that the simulations play significantly easier than their real-life equivalents.

The only thing I've really found not to like about Pinball Arcade is the presence of a couple of annoying bugs. Firstly, the tables that use an alphanumeric LCD display to show scores and messages don't display certain letters correctly in the PS4 version - there are missing line segments in the M, N, Q, R, V, W and * characters, which just doesn't look good. Why they haven't cleaned up such a noticeable problem after 5 years of updates, releases and fixes baffles me. Also, at the end of a game, sometimes the Pinball Arcade's HUD doesn't reappear, forcing me to quit back to the PS4's main menu.

Finally, it would have been nice to have trophies for all the tables, not just the first season, but I can't blame FarSight for this - it's Sony's fault that the trophy system only allows for so many DLC trophy packs per game.

My rating (using BillyHorrible's system): :platinum::gold::gold:Platinum/Gold/Gold:platinum::gold::gold:- The best pinball simulation I've seen yet. If you're at all into pinball, it's definitely worth downloading and at least giving the free table a try.

---

Trophies earned in this game: 10 (3:silver:, 7:bronze:) for 195 points [12% completion]

Current completion rate: 58.95% [Down 0.88%]

Thanks for the great review! I highly enjoyed all the references. I was never a "Pinball Wizard" but admired the guys who would "own" a machine at the local arcade.  I recently stumbled into a Millenial-type club and in the back, they had an 80s themed arcade. Can I be that old where my youth is looked on as nostalgia by other generations? Anyways, it was awesome seeing the wall of pinball machines.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Can I be that old where my youth is looked on as nostalgia by other generations?

We knew 8-bit before it was retro, when it was just all we had. We knew vinyl albums, cassette tapes, a life before mobile phones and a life before internet, before dial-up even. We've already been there for a long time now, it's just that you now started to realise it.

cassette-tape-and-pencil-li.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ditto said:

@vin_rob @Psy-Tychist @MarkusT1992

Most of Tomb Raider's online can be done with 3. You need 4 to start a Ranked Match, though, and the trophy "I'm all that!" is for winning in each ranked mode. Most of the trophies can be done in 2-3 hours. Then there's the grind to level 60.. You can do that solo, though. Otherwise, I think the other method is to keep blowing each other up with grenade launchers. Either way, it takes awhile. I binged a 13 episode season of a show while grinding out both versions. Lol.

If you need a 4th for the ranked part, I should be around then. This is one of those PS4 games I refuse to delete from my hard drive, for whatever reason. :/ 

11 hours ago, vin_rob said:

Monday is usually a bad time for me.. But If you want to boost it, I'm definitely in for it to do this after the event..
I might be able to persuade my friend to let me do the ranked matches first.. and continue with the rest later.. If that isn’t a problem for you guys??

@Psy-Tychist I guess it is better we find a time after ther event to go for the online trophies.

@Ditto How can you grind the levels solo. Do you need to play a specific gamemode?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaguargenie said:

hqdefault.jpg

Remember when this was the pinnacle of gaming? I feel old...

I was always an Intellevision guy! :)

2 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@Ditto How can you grind the levels solo. Do you need to play a specific gamemode?

You play a mode where you play the Beach map and fetch cases. It can be done solo and you earn XP every time you retrieve a case and bring it back to the hub.  Play the Beach bc it's the smallest map. It takes hours and hours of grinding. It certainly isn't hard, just monotonous. 

HI everyone !

I think I said pretty much all about FIFA 13 for the VIta.

I think if you're a football fan its definitely worth your time on the go if not maybe just stick with the console version Ps3 or Ps4 FIFAS are good (maybe avoid 16)

Now I'll be playing my next game in about an hour so I want to swap the order so it will be and I do hope this is fine:

FIFA 13

Kingdom Hearts 2 PS4

DEX PS4

Castlevania PS3

Dark Cloud PS4

Cheers and have fun gaming :)

3 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I believe there is a rescue thing or something like that.. you just need to get med kits and return them for xp.. there is a video in one of the guides that explains exactly how to do it. :)