Kill Your Completion V

On 29/10/2017 at 5:01 PM, Hemiak said:

KILL YOUR COMPLETION V

Select a Size

Underway

Hey there PSNP. Welcome to the 5th edition of the Kill Your Completion series. Most of you probably have an idea of what goes on here, but if you still have no clue, here's the previous edition of the thread.https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/49866-kill-your-completion-cyoa/

The Premise
Participants will each choose a list of 5-15 0% games from their backlog and post them here so everyone can follow along. These games don't have to be pre loaded on your profile, as long as you own them already and haven't earned a trophy they count. Participants will start a new game from that list every couple days for the next month. o.O They WILL then post their thoughts on each game, and write a short review on the final day for each game. This can take any shape or form each person desires.

I've tweaked the rules just slightly from the last event. Instead of a hard 10 games, 3 days each rule, or complete freedom, I've come up with something in between. This time you can select 5-15 games to start. I would prefer people do 5/6, 10/3, or 15/2, but if you have a valid reason for only being able to do 8 or 12 games, that would be acceptable. I just felt the last event was a little too chaotic with people starting games on completely random days and times. I'd also like to see people get the minimum 3 hours per game so I feel like more than 15 games would be cutting each one too short, I don't really care if you have no life and can do 5 hours every day.

I'll continue to make updates over the next few days as I'm kind of rushed for time now.

All the Info

Reveal hidden contents

Requirements to Join
Psnprofiles member for 1 month (or premium member)
Backlog of at least 5 un-started games
Desire to be part of something bigger than yourself
A complete and utter dis-regard for your completion rate (for the next month)

How to Join
Say you want in :highfive:
Post your list of the games YOU ALREADY OWN that you haven't started.
Post your completion percent October 31st for S&G.

Game Selection Suggestions
These are just suggestions, this will have no bearing on you being added to the event. These are just things that I think make for a more interesting selection of games overall.
- Variety is The Spice...: Try to avoid having more than 1 or 2 of the same type of game on there.
- Try Something New or Different - A list filled with AAA games/remasters that you've already played, from only two different series, is boring.
- Don't choose all games that all have average completion times under 10 hours: You're not fooling anybody. Sneaky participant is not sneaky.

Participants

Reveal hidden contents

Articuno2001 - 71.13 %

1. Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey
  2. Blue Reflection
  3. Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers
  4. Touhou Genso Wanderer
  5. Yakuza: Kiwami

BillyHorrible - 51,44% 

1. Star Wars Battlefront II
  2. Leo's Fortune
  3. Darksiders
  4. Darksiders II
  5. Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell
  6. Rebel Galaxy
  7. Hyper Void
  8. The Swindle
  9. Galak-Z
  10. Sky Force Anniversary
  11. Downwell
  12. Stealth Inc 2: A Game Of Clones
  13. Lumo
  14. Alienation
  15. Xeodrifter

damagingRob -  90.23%

1. Zone of the Enders

2. Starwhal
  3. Indigo Prophecy
  4. Thief
  5. Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator
  6. Battlefield Hardline(with Voodoo)
  7. Yakuza 4
  8. Gal*Gun: Double Peace 
  9. Knack
  10. Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force

dizzyshadow - 51.84%

Vita games list:

1. Lego force Awakens (1st -6th)
  2. Aegis of Earth (7th-12th)
  3. World of Final Fantasy (13-18th)
  4. Grand Kingdom (19th -24th)
  5. Zero Time Dilemma (25th -30th)

PS4 games list:

1. Unbox: Newbies Adventure (16th-18th)
  2. Sexy Brutale (19th-21st)
  3. World to the West (22nd-24th)
  4. The Crew (25th-27th)
  5. Far Cry 4 (28th-30th)

Edward_Fox_86 - 28 % ish

1. FIFA 13 (PS VITA)
  2. Castlevania Mirror of Fate (PS3)
  3. DEX (PS4)
  4. Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS4) (EDIT) 
  5. Dark Cloud (PS4)

Jaguargenie - 75.69%

1. Salt & Sanctuary 
  2. Marvel heroes omega
  3. Undertale
  4. Crysis 3
  5. Fallout 4

jasondm300

1. Wild Arms 3 (JRPG)
  2. Root Letter (Visual Novel)
  3. Deadlight (Horror Action)
  4. Infamous Second Son (Open World Action/Adventure)
  5. Infinite Air (Snowboarding)
  6. Ratchet and Clank (Ps4) (Action Platformer)
  7. Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (Old School Platformer)
  8. Berserk (Warriors Action Game)
  9. Rime (Adventure)
  10. Risen 3 (Ps4) (WRPG)

Kevvik - 81.48%

1. The Last Guardian
  2. MeiQ
  3. Way of the Samurai 3
  4. Guacamelee!
  5. Dark Cloud 2
  6. Ys Origin
  7. Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus
  8. Deception IV Blood Ties
  9. Quest of Dungeons
  10. Yasai Ninja

Kittet3 - 55.89%

1. The Sims 3.
  2. Unravel.
  3. Oxenfree.
  4. Faery: Legends of Avalon.
  5. Rebel Galaxy.

MarkusT1992 - 54,70%

1. Lili: child of Geos
  2. Tomb Raider Definitive edition
  3. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5
  4. Portal Knights
  5. Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happyness
  6. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
  7. Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus
  8. Asemblance
  9. Alienation
  10. Kings's Quest

Melanogaster1987 - 59.83%

1. November 1 - 3: Pinball Arcade (PS4)
  2. November 4 - 6: Thief (PS3)
  3. November 7 - 9: Ratchet & Clank [2002] (PS3)
  4. November 10 - 12: Broken Age (PS4)
  5. November 13 - 15: Sleeping Dogs (PS3)
  6. November 16 - 18: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
  7. November 19 - 21: Knack (PS4)
  8. November 22 - 24: Driver: San Francisco (PS3)
  9. November 25 - 27: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
  10. November 28 - 30: Dying Light (PS4)

mking_63

1. Final Fantasy XIV (PS4)
  2. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PS Vita)
  3. Transistor (PS4)
  4. Ys Origin (PS4)
  5. Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
  6. Strike Vector EX (PS4)
  7. Strider (PS4)
  8. Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS4)
  9. Batman Arkham Knight
  10. Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD (PS3)

PerryToxteth - 43.51%

1. Grand Ages Medieval (PS4)
  2. Subject 13 (PS4)
  3. Eventide: A Slavic Tale (PS4)
  4. Truck Racer (PS3)
  5. Battlefield 1 (PS4)
  6. The Sexy Brutale ((PS4)
  7. Old Time Hockey (PS4)
  8. The Flame in the Flood (PS4)
  9. Need For Speed (PS4)
  10. Mafia II (PS3)

PoupiMyo

1. Ys : Memories of Celceta (1st - 6th)
  2. Dungeon Travelers 2 (7th - 12th)
  3. Criminal Girls 2 : Party Favors (13th - 18th)
  4. MeiQ : Labyrinth of Death (19th - 24th)
  5. Final Fantasy IX (25th - 30th)

vin_rob - 53.38 %

1. fallout 4
  2. Final Fantasy x-2 (ps4)
  3. Infamous 1 (ps3)
  4. Dying light enhanched edition
  5. THE WITCH AND THE HUNDRED KNIGHT: REVIVAL EDITION
  6. Mass Effect (ps3)
  7. root letter
  8. Firewatch
  9. Alienation 
  10. Middle Earth: Shadow of mordor - goty
  11. Telltale Guardian of the Galaxy

voodoo_eyes - 73.10%

1. Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (Vita)
  2. Mafia III (PS4)
  3. Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles (PS4)
  4. Portal Knights (PS4)
  5. Volume (PS4)
  6. Battlefield Hardline (PS4)
  7. Tales of Berseria (PS4)
  8. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (PS4)
  9. Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (PS4)
  10. Final Fantasy XV (PS4)

Frequently Unasked Questions?

Reveal hidden contents

Won't this completely bone my completion percentage? Maybe? Of the 8 participants who finished the first event, the biggest completion drop was under 5%, and the average was around 2.5%. In the 2nd run we had a participant drop a staggering 11.5%. It really just depends on how many games you've played and how close to 100% you already are.

How do I choose my games? Up to you. RNG, consult an Oracle, ask a friend, post a status update, pick ones you've been looking forward to, or any combination of the above. You could also post games in the 4th KYC thread and ask for help there.

What happens if I finish a game in under 3 days? Again, up to you. Start something else, work on one of your previous games, whittle, macrame, etc. This is acceptable and I fully expect this to happen, but it should not be the norm for your games.

How long should I play my game? The main component of this event is your perceptions and review. I suggest a minimum of three hours per game, so that you have at least a base grasp of story and concepts. Again, this is the bare minimum suggested time. I realize many of us have jobs and families and yada-yada... That is why we get three days per game.

How does this all work? Really? You didn't read any of the above? Here's the TL:DR version, choose a bunch of games, post them here. Start a fresh game November 1st, play that game three or more hours over the next couple days. When it's time, throw that one in the trash and start game 2, 3, etc. Tell us what you thought of game 1, 2, 3, etc. Have fun.

Its the first time I see this event and its really nice :) Im always trying my best to keep my completion up.

Although, wasn't it best a different title? :D because when I read it, it sounds "negative" :D I mean, it sound like "lets start all the game in Backlog to KILL the completion :D and this is the opposite :P

3 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

Its the first time I see this event and its really nice :) Im always trying my best to keep my completion up.

Although, wasn't it best a different title? :D because when I read it, it sounds "negative" :D I mean, it sound like "lets start all the game in Backlog to KILL the completion :D and this is the opposite :P

That's exactly what it is though. The point of this event isn't to get your completion up, but down (unless you're @Ditto :P). It's about trying a game and then to stop playing it after X number of days and move on to the next.Therefore the title is more than adequate.

After the event some of the participants might get back to the games that were played and then get the completion rate up again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

That's exactly what it is though. The point of this event isn't to get your completion up, but down (unless you're @Ditto :P). It's about trying a game and then to stop playing it after X number of days and move on to the next.Therefore the title is more than adequate.

After the event some of the participants might get back to the games that were played and then get the completion rate up again.

Well, it is starting to drop. Lol. Those first 2 games were short, and I had a lot of time to grind Starwhal with a Sunday full of football. It's only going to get worse from here, with the stuff at the back end of my list.. 

25 minutes ago, Ditto said:

Well, it is starting to drop. Lol. Those first 2 games were short, and I had a lot of time to grind Starwhal with a Sunday full of football. It's only going to get worse from here, with the stuff at the back end of my list.. 

I just realised that you're about to reach another milestone soon, any plans for what the 275th is gonna be?

34 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Game No. 3

Eventide: A Slavic Fable

Final Review

L83b335.png

Trophies Earned: 9/28 15% ranking

Time Played: 1 hour

Overview: Finally flew back into town last night so managed to get only one hour of gaming into this before I got too tired and headed to bed.  Yeah, I didn't get the prescribed three hours in, but this game is by Artifex Mundi so I knew what this would be when I selected it for this slot.

If you're unfamiliar with Artifex Mundi games, they are point-and-click puzzle games centering around hidden object puzzles.  They are a very relaxing kind of game to play, perfect to wind the day down to before bed. The kids day might call it "chillax." Some might label Artifex Mundi titles a trophy grab, and the trophies certainly are easy, but they don't  fall within the gratuitous trophy grab obscenity realm, like a My Name is Mayo.

This game's story starts with your character named Mary, driving to see Grandma, who owns a Slavic-theme amusement park. Suddenly, poor Grandma gets kidnapped by a giant moth creature. Dang thing just ripped Grandma's roof off from her home and grabbed her. And that's as far as I got. So yes, true to form, it follows the proverbial Artifex Mundi story theme of falling into the campy/ corny spectrum.

Different from past games I have played, this game doesn't have a optional side game like Mahjong or Dominoes. In games past, if the hidden object puzzles were too hard (really???), you could opt out and play a side game. Not so in this game, but Eventide does have collectibles that are needed for trophies, so you need to be paying attention to your surroundings.

To advance the story in these games, you find objects and tools and have to figure out how to use them in your surroundings to advance the story. These puzzles aren't Mensa-caliber stumpers, but they can be clever and they're definitely entertaining.  They're not that complicated and usually if you are stuck, you have overlooked something. Such was my case last night, as I was stuck for 20 minutes and almost did a web search for a walkthrough until I stumbled across something obvious. I'll chalk that up to jet lag.  <_<

Trophies: Pretty similar to other Artifex Mundi titles. Some story progression, some based on hidden object puzzles (no mistakes, beat it in less than a minute, etc.). There are some missbles though with the collectibles in that once you advance the story, there are points where you can't return to grab any collectibles you missed. They are cumulative though, so if you missed just one, if you played a second playthrough, the trophy would unlock once you found it. 

Final Thoughts: I like Artifex Mundi games. They are good for "passive" gaming sessions. Easy platinums? Sure. But I've done enough mindless grinding hour after hour for some stupid bronze trophy, so I feel it equals out. Watch for these games on sale, you can usually grab them for a couple of bucks. :gold::silver::silver:

Next Up: Truck Racer

You can just use the hint feature to see where you can do something. All Artifex Mundi games I played so far don't have a trophy for not using any hints, only for not using them in HO scenes.

28 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I actually thought it would only go to every 50th after the 300 mark. Well that kind of sucks.

Yeah, it's kind of an odd cut off point. I haven't been too thrilled with the new milestone format since its inception.. Waiting for trophy 15,000 for my next non-Platinum one to show up blows. <_< 

7 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

In that case, I have 400 games (no plus games included) to start. Do I win the competition?! Hahaha

12 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Do people have recommendations for play order for this game? I was thinking silent-good-bad or good-bad-silent. Are the playthroughs different enough that I would want to read them all? If not, then I would just do good and skip through the other two.

Personally I found the silent playthrough to be extremely dull. I'd definitely go for either the good or bad run first so you can get the maximum enjoyment out of the game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Do people have recommendations for play order for this game? I was thinking silent-good-bad or good-bad-silent. Are the playthroughs different enough that I would want to read them all? If not, then I would just do good and skip through the other two.

4 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Personally I found the silent playthrough to be extremely dull. I'd definitely go for either the good or bad run first so you can get the maximum enjoyment out of the game.

Hey! Something we agree on. :P But yeah, pretty much this. If you want to avoid a 4th playthrough, I'd recommend not playing it blind (I missed Matchmaker on my blind run, and had to do a 4th). It's not that long, though. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ditto said:

Hey! Something we agree on. :P But yeah, pretty much this. If you want to avoid a 4th playthrough, I'd recommend not playing it blind (I missed Matchmaker on my blind run, and had to do a 4th). It's not that long, though. 

To be fair, we also agreed on CN Something XL being trash :P. Although I wouldn't be surprised that our opinion about the general game would differ xD.

• Like 1