Kill Your Completion V

I'm looking forward to booting up the first game. Got my VIta fully charged and the game installed. All that's missing now is for about 7 hours to go by.

I still have 13 games from the previous 4 KYC to get back to and I'm expecting this one to add to the tally.

Still haven't decided how I'll structure my updates, but I'm inclined to only do one on the final day of each game.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cubone said:

Here's my starting stats. @Hemiak there's only a 1% chance these will still change because I'm home late today.

KYC5 Starting Stats:

Completion percentage: 51,44%  

Trophies won: 6.614                    

Unearned trophies: 4.989             

Games played: 330

Have you all noticed that I made my trophy list public again, only for this event?

Have to say, I'm very excited for the event. I dropped out of the last event and was even away from the site for a while, partly for reasons unrelated to the site (some of you know this but I wasn't happy at all with the job I had at the time, luckily I have a better one now). I'm back now in the threads I care for (mostly the Nintendo thread, the KYC event and the Monthly Madness event) and I'm happier with gaming, so I'm motivated to crunch out a few of those pesky backlog games and motivate myself to continue on the bigger games afterwards.

... okay, game list preview time.

• Star Wars Battlefront II: I really only decided to pre-order when I could get the game for €19 plus two used games. Kind of excited for it though, and it always helps the stats if one more person plays such a game only for the single player mode. This means I will probably never get a high percentage in the game as most of the trophies will probably correspond to multiplayer.
  • Leo's Fortune: Played it for a few minutes, didn't manage to get the cog in level 2 no matter how I jumped, played something else and forgot all about this game. Should be a fun quick platformer.
  • Darksiders: Somehow this game was never on my radar, until the sequel released. They're supposed to be Zelda-like and I always enjoy a good Good versus Evil fight so I'm not sure why I still haven't played these. Decided to get the duology when it was on sale on PS4 for €15 or so. Yes, I know it's on sale now for €10. Sigh.
  • Darksiders II: Bought this together with the first one (see above). While I played the first twenty minutes or so of Darksiders before, I never played anything of the sequel. I want to get through these games before the third game arrives.
  • Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell: I enjoyed SR3 and SR4 as stupid silly fun, and I'm glad that I got this through PS+ so I didn't have to pay for it. Haven't touched it yet.
  • Rebel Galaxy*: Seems like a less realistic version of Elite Dangerous, which I loved. Looks to be a bit less on the exploring side and a bit more on the action side.
  • Hyper Void*: It looks like Star Fox if you wouldn't be able to move your ship vertically by yourself. Seems like fun.
  • The Swindle: The biggest complaint I've heard about this is how random one of the trophies is. Luckily, I don't care. This is the first game I'll kick out if something fun turns up on the November PS+ list, or if I decide to buy Headlander after all in the current sale.
  • Galak-Z*: 'shooting from your spaceship' title number three on my list. The first one is free roam, the second one is ever going forward, and this one is top-down.
  • Sky Force Anniversary*: Vertically scrolling shoot-'em-up. Only thing I know about this game is, once again, from the minute or so of gameplay I've seen. Looks fun.
  • Downwell: At first I dismissed this game when it turned up on PS+, simply because it looks so damn ugly. At a later point however, I noticed a review that talked about how well Downwell plays regardless of how ugly it seems to be before you start, so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.
  • Stealth Inc 2: A Game Of Clones: I loved the first game but stopped playing this sequel after fifteen minutes or so of playing. Getting a bit more into MetroidVania games at this point (thanks for dragging me in to this, @MosesRockefeller) so I'm giving it another chance.
  • Lumo*: Hearing rumours that it's difficult but fair and it looks fun enough to try.
  • Alienation*: Going to play this together with @MarkusT1992, @vin_rob and @Fredoline05 (haven't seen you in the thread yet @Fredoline05, you still joining?) - don't know much about the game except that it's a four player twin stick shooter.
  • Xeodrifter: Dismissed this because of its retreaux graphics, but seeing as Shovel Knight opened me up a bit I'm giving it a shot. Another MetroidVania game for my list (@MosesRockefeller). Biggest complaint this game seems to get is that it's too short, but I don't feel like that's going to be a problem for me, especially since I got it through PS+.

*of all these games, all that I know is that they were on PS+ and what I got from watching a minute or so of gameplay. For most PS+ games on my backlog, watching that minute of gameplay was enough to put them on the list.

P.S. I don't think a specific schedule will be working out for me - as said, I'm not able to game at all of the days so I'm picking my moments. Might have to do a couple of games on one day only but I will stick to at least two to three hours per game, unless I think the game is horrible and I don't want to continue on it.

Just a few words to Darksiders 2. I loved the first Darksiders and was disappointed by the second. The second is completly diferent to the first in regards of gameplay. It's more like an RPG than an action adventure.

4 hours ago, Ditto said:

Lol. I deleted Uncharted 4, even though I haven't even started it yet.. :'( Will probably still not be enough room for both Battefield and Knack, though.

An easy solution to space problems is buying an external hard drive.

I have a 2TB internal drive and a 4TB external drive for my PS4.From this 6TB are approximatly 1,5TB free right now.

Only about 2 hours 30 minutes for me before I can start with my first game. I'm a bit exited.

@Myu @Jaguargenie I got good news :) 

I just platinad uncharted the lost legacy and got a completion rate of 53.37% now, at the start of the last event it was 53.24% so I went over it ^~^ 

2 hours ago, Myu said:

4h30 to go until the beginning of the event for me. I think I'll start Ys : Memories of Celceta at midnight and play a little :D 

17 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Only about 2 hours 30 minutes for me before I can start with my first game. I'm a bit exited.

are you going to wait up and start the event early? :P

I have 2 hour 11 minutes and x amount of seconds left... gonna be asleep around that time tho.. xD

going to update my signature and post my starting percentage etc tomorrow morning.. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

An easy solution to space problems is buying an external hard drive.

I have a 2TB internal drive and a 4TB external drive for my PS4.From this 6TB are approximatly 1,5TB free right now.

Yeah, I probably should get something like that. 500 GB doesn't go far.. And it's more like 400 in actual usable storage. 

KYC 5 Starting Stats: 

Games Played: 437

Games Completed: 352

Completion Percentage: 90.23%

Unearned Trophies: 1,387

Still quite a bit of time before midnight. But other than boosting Far Cry 2, I'm probably not going to play anything. 

• Like 2

Played games: 195

Completed games: 143

Completion rate : 81.48%

Unearned trophies: 1252

KYC4 leftovers: 3 games, 62 trophies

KYC3 leftovers: 4 games, 180 trophies

Figure this month is going to beast my completion rate pretty well with 6 UR plats. Not sure what I was thinking but ready to start giving this a go tomorrow. Still not sure which one I'm starting with. Maybe Dark Cloud 2 but we'll see.

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, vin_rob said:

are you going to wait up and start the event early? :P

I have 2 hour 11 minutes and x amount of seconds left... gonna be asleep around that time tho.. xD

I don't know if I'll start right at midnight. I probably will start this night thought. We have a holiday tomorrow. It's actually the second in a row.

Here are my starting stats for this event.

Completion: 54,70%

Played Games: 149

Completed Games: 68

Unearned Trophies: 2315

• Like 2

I barely have any problem with space on any of my consoles. PS Vita 16GB, PS3 120GB and PS4 1TB .None of those is at it's limit, and each has about 20 games ready to be played, which for me is more than enough choice. I avoid installing too much by default, just to always have space for eventual game/system updates.

My last trophy earned before the event was the Tropico 5 platinum! A nice UR plat before my trophy rarity skyrockets again.

Here's my stats:

Pre-KYCV

Games Completed - Played 79/60

Trophies Earned - 2809

Unearned - 330

Completion % - 88.68

Rarity - 43.51%

My completion % was 87.2 before my first KYC event (KYC...A). So I have recovered, but my quest to 90% will not happen in 2017. :(

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Is there a time zone used for this event? Or is the post your completion on October 31st go by each person's time zone?

Yeah, t goes by each person's time zone.

Slight update on my completion. It's now down to 73.10% as I started another game during the past few days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I barely have any problem with space on any of my consoles. PS Vita 16GB, PS3 120GB and PS4 1TB .None of those is at it's limit, and each has about 20 games ready to be played, which for me is more than enough choice. I avoid installing too much by default, just to always have space for eventual game/system updates.

If I had 1 TB, I'd probably be fine. 400 GB is almost nothing, though, when some games can take up almost a fourth of that with patches/DLC.. I'll probably need 100+ for Knack and Battlefield. I'm sure I have some stuff I can delete, though. Not sure why I even feel the need to keep some games on it after I've earned all the trophies, but I do. :/ 

4 minutes ago, Ditto said:

If I had 1 TB, I'd probably be fine. 400 GB is almost nothing, though, when some games can take up almost a fourth of that with patches/DLC.. I'll probably need 100+ for Knack and Battlefield. I'm sure I have some stuff I can delete, though. Not sure why I even feel the need to keep some games on it after I've earned all the trophies, but I do. :/ 

Yeah the 500GB is a bit small for PS4, which is why I waited for the 1TB version to be released before buying one. Then again it's really only AAA titles that need a lot of space and usually it's because they always need to patch their game on release, as they apparently can't seem to release a properly working product from the get-go :dunno:.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Yeah the 500GB is a bit small for PS4, which is why I waited for the 1TB version to be released before buying one. Then again it's really only AAA titles that need a lot of space and usually it's because they always need to patch their game on release, as they apparently can't seem to release a properly working product from the get-go :dunno:.

Lol. Yeah, it's ridiculous the amount of rushed and as a result broken AAA games at launch. Good luck if you buy a game when you can no longer download its patch... But their size makes me just have one installed at a time, usually. Have 144 GB free now, though, so should be able to fit them both.

Okay here are my starting stats:

Games Played: 313

Completed Games: 139

Completion: 55.89%

Unearned Trophies: 4,107

I’ll start my first game, The Sims 3, tomorrow afternoon.

Initial expectations: I played very little (About an hour) of this franchise when I was younger as I had a friend who had a copy of it and I really enjoyed it, so I hope I don’t have too high of expectations and end up not liking it. It doesn’t seem to be too structured and I found I enjoyed those types of games more when I was younger, but I also really like setting my own goals in games and working towards them, so it's a toss-up.

• Like 1

With hours to go, I'm changing up my list due to the recent sale. This is my FINAL list.

1. Grand Ages Medieval (PS4)
  2. Subject 13 (PS4)
  3. Eventide: A Slavic Tale (PS4)
  4. Truck Racer (PS3)
  5. Battlefield 1 (PS4)
  6. The Sexy Brutale ((PS4)
  7. Old Time Hockey (PS4)
  8. The Flame in the Flood (PS4)
  9. Need For Speed (PS4)
  10. Mafia II (PS3)

Poor Hem, first day of the contest and it loks like he's going to be glued to a Game 7 on his TV. 

• Like 1

Alright, here’s my final list for the event: 

Downwell and We Are Doomed! 

Both indie games, both Vita games! 

My progress on both and a first impression: 

Downwell definitely feels like a mobile game on Vita, its very random and really hard, i am close to 5 hours put into it and i am still not getting a good grasp of what the game really is or how it controls. I feel like i am getting better because i feel like i am doing much better than i started originally. Is the game worth it? I cant decide yet! 

We are doomed is hardcore as well, the trophy list is brutal and the gameplay is very much for bullet hell veterans, i like it so far but i still cant get passed wave 7, i hope its like Downwell where you learn by playing over and over again and once you git gud you start loving the game! 

So many posts, so little time to respond...

Cards on the table: I don't even know what the PS+ offers will be but I'm already thinking about buying a few games that are on sale now and swapping them into the event.

Specifically, I'm still in doubt about Headlander (deal ends today). Of the deals starting today, I'm very much in doubt about Typoman and A Boy And His Blob, two cheap games that seem really one of a kind.

• Like 1